What's new

Nancy Cartwright Being Sued Over Fiance's Debt

Feral

Rogue male
OK, here's my understanding of what happened. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

This lawsuit alleges that:

The voice of Bart Simpson, Nancy Cartwright, had a fiance who owned a construction company.

He was paid money to do work on a restaurant called "Off Vine Restaurant", and instead of getting the work done with the money he was paid, he paid it to the Church of Scientology for his "Bridge to Total Freedom" instead.

Then he committed suicide.

Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart Simpson, was the legal backer for her fiance's business. The insurance company they hired to take care of things if anything went wrong had to pay almost $300,000 to complete the job that Nancy's fiance was responsible to complete.

So the insurance company is suing both Nancy Cartwright and the Church of Scientology for the expenses they had to pay because the diversion of funds to the Church of Scientology - instead of paying for the construction project - was fraudulent and not covered by the insurance policy their construction company owned.

So this is yet another example of the fraud and abuse that goes on in Scientology's never-ending quest to suck up everything of value that they can out of anyone they can in order to enrich themselves by dangling "spiritual freedom" in front of them.

And it happened in yet another very tragic way to sincere people who needed Scientology to give them real help and not fake help, and then cast them aside like used rags once they got what they wanted out of them.

I hope this makes worldwide news. Not because I hold any ill will against Nancy Cartwright, but because the Church of Scientology needs to be exposed for what they are - and for the world to see.

And all legal means need to be used to stop them from being able to do this to anyone else, once and for all.

That's how it appears on the surface.

But there's two things here that don't make sense.

If it's only a matter of $300K why didn't Nancy just pay it to prevent the flap that we see today? That kind of money is petty cash for her.

The other thing is that Steve committed suicide over financial matters, again I hardly see that $300K would be sufficient financial pressure in their field of operation.

There is a lot more to this as I think time will prove.

smartone

My Own Boss
This *is* good news. And, yeah, as Enthan suggests, has Nancy actually got any money left? After all the dosh she's handed over I wouldn't be in the least surprised if she's near to skint.

And true to form, the CoS will drop Nancy like a hot brick. :yes:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
She has (or had) money? :confused2:

If she had enough money left to cover this, I strongly suspect she would have handled it before it got to the Bad-PR-lawsuit stage.

I suspect she's broke. Not just broke, but over-extended on loans to the extent that she's hopelessly insolvent.

This *is* good news. And, yeah, as Enthan suggests, has Nancy actually got any money left? After all the dosh she's handed over I wouldn't be in the least surprised if she's near to skint.

Hopefully, as the inevitable shit fight ensues, won't be long now before her Scientology fugue clears - wouldn't be great to have her on side? The only downside I can see is if she ends up over at MartyLand.

From

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailydish/detail?entry_id=23858

This was some time ago, the COS has

Nancy 'Bart Simpson' Cartwright Gives $10 Million to Scientology

Actress Nancy Cartwright, the voice behind cartoon character Bart Simpson, has been awarded Scientology's Patron Laureate Award after she donated $10 million to the faith in 2007.

Cartwright's gift -- almost two times her annual salary from "The Simpsons" -- puts her top of a list of celebrity benefactors, who have handed over their hard-earned cash to the Church of Scientology. She gave even more than Tom Cruise -- who is reported to be the controversial religion's second-in-command -- who has donated $5 million in the last four years.

According to Impact magazine, Kirstie Alley gave $5 million last year and has picked up the Diamond Meritorious Award.

Fellow followers John Travolta and Kelly Preston gave $1 million each and were awarded the Gold Meritorious Award, while Priscilla Presley was handed the Patron Award for a donation of $50,000.

The prizes were handed out at a top-secret ceremony in Florida last summer, according to the publication.

Published on: January 30 2008 at 02:15 PM

How many more IAS fundraisers has she been to since then?????

Terril park

Sponsor
That is a good question. As I understand it, Brackett construction entered into a contract with a third party to construct a restaurant-Off Vine Restaurant. That third party would have required a completion bond from the contractor (Brackett Construction) to ensure not only the completion of the project but also payment for any subcontractors who would have a lien on the property for any unpaid work. The two insurance companies entered into a contract with Brackett construction to guarantee that the construction company would fulfill its obligations to Off Vine Restaurant. The contract protects only Off Vine Restaurant-and does not relieve the contractor from its obligations. The insurance company may, under the terms of its contract, seek reimbursement from the contractor for any monies it becomes obligated to pay.

Because of this, the insurance company may require some form of security for undertaking this risk. This could include personal guarantees from the officers of a corporation, mortgages or liens on any property owned by the corporations or its officers. In this case, it accepted a guarantee from Cartwright-an individual with substantial assets. I suspect that is what happened in this case.

Thanks! Still think its weird.

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
Steve Brackett

Steve and I went to the same High School, a few years apart. He was my sister Melanies' boyfriend in High School. His sister Karin Beatty was Melanies' best friend, and is now the ED of New York Org(Day). I knew Steve for 30 plus years. I do not know any details of his relationship with Nancy Cartright, but I know he was a high-end restaurant builder, and had Hollywood-Scientology connections. I asked him for a job several times and he turned me down. The strain of running a business AND trying to keep up with the donation/status circus the CofS runs, was too much. He jumped off the famous bridge in Big Sur to his death. Nancy can handle a few hundred thousand, and will probably settle quickly. She has her own problems, I'm sure, dealing with the loss of her promised husband. Steve could not hang with 10 million dollar contributions. Out of his league. The pressure to keep up can make you do some strange things. Like- join the Sea Org. Go figure. Been there, done that.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Steve and I went to the same High School, a few years apart. He was my sister Melanies' boyfriend in High School. His sister Karin Beatty was Melanies' best friend, and is now the ED of New York Org(Day). I knew Steve for 30 plus years. I do not know any details of his relationship with Nancy Cartright, but I know he was a high-end restaurant builder, and had Hollywood-Scientology connections. I asked him for a job several times and he turned me down. The strain of running a business AND trying to keep up with the donation/status circus the CofS runs, was too much. He jumped off the famous bridge in Big Sur to his death. Nancy can handle a few hundred thousand, and will probably settle quickly. She has her own problems, I'm sure, dealing with the loss of her promised husband. Steve could not hang with 10 million dollar contributions. Out of his league. The pressure to keep up can make you do some strange things. Like- join the Sea Org. Go figure. Been there, done that.

I'm sorry to hear that, Mike.

Wisened One

Crusader
:no: :sad:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Very sad

This is very sad. So sorry OH-T8.

:sad:

This is why . . .

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Hi Mike,

I'm really sorry you got turned down by Brackett for work when you asked. That must have been disconcerting, since you needed the work, you had family ties of a sort and and you grew up together. Was money the issue for him at the time or was it your status ie: that you were a freeloader at the time?

Just so you know, Steve and Nancy were no longer engaged at the time of his death. I suspect that there were issues between them and the church and they brike up maybe because he was no longer financialy able or willing to keep up with the high end high pressure regging while trying to keep his busines afloat after his obvious financial irregularities wuith his company.

You can see here and in the references at the link thayt they were no longer together. Dispair at the ending of the relationship may well have played a part but it was the financial pressures and depressing consequences of having used company money for reg cycles instead of supplies for the job ( maybe more jobs) that seem to have gotten to him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Cartwright
"In 2007, Cartwright was in a relationship with contractor Stephen Brackett.[74] They planned to get married in Spring 2008.[16][75] Brackett was the President and Treasurer of Brackett Construction in Hollywood, California; the construction company was founded in 1987 and had $8.5 million in sales in 2009.[76] He was a fellow member of Scientology.[75] Brackett reached the Operating Thetan level of OT V in Scientology, in 1989.[77] He died in May 2009.[78] According to The Monterey County Herald, Brackett leaped off of the Bixby Creek Bridge in Big Sur, California.[78] Law enforcement stated, "There are no indications of foul play, and friends and relatives of Brackett said he was despondent because of financial troubles with his business."[78]"

Here is what is really sad about the whole thing. He sold his soul to the devil IAS and church registrars, despite all he knew was right in his heart. Suicide is remorse is like a big FU to everything - I'm sorry it ended this way. He was probably considered ethics bait and shunned. That was a guy who felt he had no one to go to for help out of this mess.
http://www.our-home.org/stevebrackett/success.htm :

"Because of Scientology I am a lot happier in life. My life is full of joy and I am constantly creating it. I enjoy communicating with people. This is because of the courses that I have done on communication. I also take joy in doing a good job at something. When I finish a project, it is a good product. I also take joy in helping others and really like to see others around me doing well. I have the technology to help them if they are not doing well. With Scientology, I am basically more cheerful, happy and can experience things more easily."

http://www.our-home.org/stevebrackett/myself.htm

"Hello, my name is Steve Brackett, and here is a little bit about myself:
My name is Steve Brackett. I am a single father. My daughter is also a Scientologist, and is doing well in life.

In my career, I do construction. I mostly build restaurants. I am the kind of person that will not quit until I have done a very good job, so my buildings end up being stellar products.

My hobbies are working and playing golf. That is why I do so well in my career because I really like what I do.

I originally got introduced to Scientology through a friend who told me a little about it, and I then became interested to find out more for myself. I have been a Scientologist since then. "

Nancy is obligated to pay the money as co-signer. Stupid of her to not have just paid it .
Mary McConnell

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Interesting finds..... Stephen's ex-wife, Karen Davis Noyes-Brackett, and her children Jennifer Noyes Brackett, & Jonathan Lee Brackett, and Jansen Noyes (from her 1st marriage) purchased a home in Los Angeles from Stephen's estate.

Stephen's Scientology page mentioned he was a "single parent" of a daughter who was also a Scientologist. This was untrue. He also had a son, Jonathan L. now 21, who's not involved in the church, and a stepson, Jansen Noyes.

Jennifer, now 26 & Jansen, now 25, are mentioned here:
http://www.abjnoyesfoundation.com/great-grandchildren/

Feb. 2, 2010 - B: Jennifer N Brackett (Trustee), Jonathan L Brackett (Trustee), Karen N Brackett (Trustee) (Trust), Stephen E Brackett (Trustee), Jansen Noyes

S: Stephen E Brackett, Title Trust Deed Service Company (Trustee)

http://losangeles.blockshopper.com/property/5556016045/8490_cole_crest_drive/

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/k/karen-brackett.html

Listed as Karen Noyes-Brackett:
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/impact/impact021patrons.html

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/j/jennifer-n.-brackett.html

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Interesting finds..... Stephen's ex-wife, Karen Davis Noyes-Brackett, and her children Jennifer Noyes Brackett, & Jonathan Lee Brackett, and Jansen Noyes (from her 1st marriage) purchased a home in Los Angeles from Stephen's estate.

Stephen's Scientology page mentioned he was a "single parent" of a daughter who was also a Scientologist. This was untrue. He also had a son, Jonathan L. now 21, who's not involved in the church, and a stepson, Jansen Noyes.

Jennifer, now 26 & Jansen, now 25, are mentioned here:
http://www.abjnoyesfoundation.com/great-grandchildren/

Feb. 2, 2010 - B: Jennifer N Brackett (Trustee), Jonathan L Brackett (Trustee), Karen N Brackett (Trustee) (Trust), Stephen E Brackett (Trustee), Jansen Noyes

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/k/karen-brackett.html

Listed as Karen Noyes-Brackett:
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/impact/impact021patrons.html

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/j/jennifer-n.-brackett.html

I am surprised you missed this smurf.

Sales History (1992-present)
N/A on February 2, 2010
B: Jennifer N Brackett (Trustee), Jonathan L Brackett (Trustee), Karen N Brackett (Trustee) (Trust), Stephen E Brackett (Trustee), Jansen Noyes

N/A on January 25, 2010
B: Jeniffer N Brackett (Trustee), Stephen E Brackett (Trustee), Karen N Brakett (Trustee) (Trust), Jansen Noyes

N/A on November 24, 2009
B: Nancy Cartwright
S: Stephen Brackett, Reliable Trust Deed Services (Trustee)

what happened to Nancy in the transactions after Nov 24, 2009? She should be included in the seller of the next transaction. I think so anyway.

Why isn't Cartwright the seller to the kids/etc? not the last buyer which is Cartwright.

Why isn't Cartwright the seller to the kids/etc if she was the last owner?

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I am surprised you missed this smurf.

Sales History (1992-present)
N/A on February 2, 2010
B: Jennifer N Brackett (Trustee), Jonathan L Brackett (Trustee), Karen N Brackett (Trustee) (Trust), Stephen E Brackett (Trustee), Jansen Noyes

N/A on November 24, 2009
B: Nancy Cartwright
S: Stephen Brackett, Reliable Trust Deed Services (Trustee)

what happened to Nancy in the transactions after Nov 24, 2009? She should be included in the seller of the next transaction. I think so anyway.

Why isn't Cartwright the seller to the kids/etc? not the last buyer which is Cartwright.

Why isn't Cartwright the seller to the kids/etc if she was the last owner?

I'm speculating that, perhaps, Cartwright was a co-signatory with Brackett on the real estate transaction which was later absorbed in his bankruptcy as an asset, and the ex-wife & kids purchased the home from the bankruptcy trustee.

That happens sometimes in probate when bankruptcy is involved, but don't know if this was the case here. Nancy owns her current home:

http://losangeles.blockshopper.com/property/2761009011/9723_aura_avenue/

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just hope Nancy will wake up this time and realize it's not all about her cartoon world and amazing clear planet. Things in real life are not all that comfy.
Even though real life can be fun. But one would have to graduate to real life first. My opinion only.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Talk about Karma in action, the cult is just ‘pulling in’ one kick to the goolies after another.

These things normally take a long time to get to court, but I hope it generates a lot of bad publicity for the cult. And hopefully it will be given extra attention when Rex Fowler goes on trial and it is revealed why he tried to commit suicide after diverting money from his business to the Church of Scientology (hmmm, seems to be a theme developing here).

And finally, some of these thick-headed but wealthy celebs might get it into their heads that being associated with Scientology can be very bad news for one’s personal wellbeing and sanity.

Axiom142

And the funny thing is, or maybe not so funny, that

The amounts for both this scenario and the Rex Folwer scenario are roughly the same, ~ 250,000 $

By the way this does not get any prettier for Nancy. Insurance Fraud being at its worst here some type of Discovery attempt could be made to determine if she was aware of what he did with the money.

This would make her party to the fraud.

Her best bet would be to pay it back and walk away.

As a matter of act she should go to the bank right now and get the check made.

As for the Church, if someone was able to discover an email or text from someone in the Church suggesting that he use the money for something for the Church then that would lean towards party to the fraud.

At least for the individual, not necessarily the Church.

Unless someone were to find proof of suggestion from someone higher up within the organization.

Rd00

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I'm really sorry you got turned down by Brackett for work when you asked. That must have been disconcerting, since you needed the work, you had family ties of a sort and and you grew up together. Was money the issue for him at the time or was it your status ie: that you were a freeloader at the time?

The Church can make life difficult for OTs who are connected to people who are not 100% "in good standing". That WOULD have been a factor. Plus if he was not doing well, adding another employee might not have been viable.