What's new

Little Miscavige Slaps Preclear

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
So, the most common inhaler Salbutamol does not contain steroids but more extreme asthma medications do?

Yes, I use it once in a blue moon (steriod inhaler), nasty shit but it works, does not become mind-bending (as in intramuscular version for body building) as far as I know, so using it as an excuse for DM's violence and/or generally psychosis enduced fuckery is fairly lame.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Yes, I use it once in a blue moon (steriod inhaler), nasty shit but it works, does not become mind-bending (as in intramuscular version for body building) as far as I know, so using it as an excuse for DM's violence and/or generally psychosis enduced fuckery is fairly lame.

That is also my opinion, so far.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I think it's highly likely that David Miscavige takes not only steroids but methamphetamines.

So, sue me Davey :)

Zinj

AnonKat

Crusader
Sorry

In standard English usage, "omitted" has no such connotation. Look it up in a thesaurus or the Dictionary of Contemporary American Usage, if you doubt this. "Omitted" is shorter than "left out" or "failed to include".

I did not use "forgot" because there is no way for me to know exactly why you omitted it (originally). If you actually had linked to the Blog post in the unedited original, I seem to have missed it, so I'm sorry.

Michael A. Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
This is Zinj-speak for "I pulled it out of my ass". :dieslaughing:

Michael A. Hobson

Thanks. I had not seen a "thumbs down" from Sneakster in awhile.
I thought that I was loosing either my sanity or perception. :roflmao:
(Sorry... I couldn't resist.)

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
That's powerfull stuff than :bong:

But Why Zinj Why not cocaine ? Why do you think Meth ?

Because coke tends to quicker swings. Meth allows for longer 'up' times (and longer 'down' times' that can be hidden)

From the descriptions, it just doesn't seem likely. He'd collapse in front of witnesses. Instead he 'retreats' for a week or two to do 'important things' elsewhere. People don't ask about it, because they're glad he's not *there* :)

Zinj

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
This is Zinj-speak for "I pulled it out of my ass". :dieslaughing:

Michael A. Hobson

Do you have some info or URLs to add to this discussion?

It's one thing to just be critical of everyone else (with your favorite "thumbs down")... but quite another to put your neck out on the line and make some assertions on this topic.

Are you game? I'd like to see what you have to say on this topic.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Related or not, one of the very few main reasons I embraced Dn/Scn to begin with is my Mother taking her own life after suffering asthma for many years, unsuccessfully, desperately trying to get well... Facing one's Mom dying can leave a very deep scar. Especially when you are 15 and she is 40 and you love each other. She was a wonderful being, she really was, with all her human weaknesses, beauty, wisdom, creativeness, care and love for Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's The Little Prince. I feel heart-broken every time I think of her. Still am. Despite many sessions. I wanted to be able to help people, including those suffering of Asthma, through Scn. I guess I was too hopeful/naive. Life goes on.

watch

Last edited:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Medication?!?! Huh? You mean auditing couldn't cure his asthma??? :whistling:

Lynn

It did nothing for my breathing problems. I've eventually solved it by getting rid of all the allergens in my diet--and boy! Aren't there many of them!

Shows that a spotted cat will always be a spotted cat.

"A cleared cannibal is still a cannibal." He should have been declared PTS type B.

Are steroids standard medication for asthma? I never heard of it. I didn't think those inhalers contained steroids. Maybe I'm wrong. But maybe he was on steroids for some other reason. Like building muscle.

It'd be nice if the pc stepped forward and corroborated this.

Any chemical which mimics a glandular secretion within the body is a steroid. Over-use of any steroid can cause the permanent shutdown of the related gland(s), which is why over-dosed body-builders have tiny "bits". The testes look at the existing testosterone levels in the blood and say, "bugger that, we don't have to produce anything, let's go back to sleep..."

The most common inhaler in Australia is "Ventolin" which is derived from a plant leaf and acts only as a broncho-dilator (opens up the breathway). If you are found to be using this "too much", then you may be prescribed a steroid-based medication.

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Asthma & Steriods

I am asthmatic & have been all my life. I have spent many $$ trying to get it 'handled' by scn & dianetics to no result. When I got very ill with asthma I was given prednisone - a form of steroids which calm the asthma. My preventer also contains a small amount of steriods. The medicos don't exactly know how these steroids work, but they reduce the inflammation of the bronchioles which have spasmed, and have become restricted due to phlegm build up which is the body's reaction to thinking there is an infection. The prednisone calms everything down which then helps the asthma. Prednisone is also administered to people on chemo as it reduces vomiting for some reason. (They don't actually know how). It is often mixed into the chemo concoction or can be taken separately.

When the body senses that some 'artificial' steroids are introduced to the body, the adrenal gland which produces the natural steroids the body needs for well-being, mood stability etc, shuts down, as it does not need to produce any more of its own during this time. The introduced steroids are meant to be weaned very slowly if they have been taken for over three days, to kick the adrenal gland into gear again to start working. If the patient is not weaned slowly enough, there can be depression, severe aches and pains all over the body, and a general feeling that life isn't worth living. I have never heard of anyone experiencing rage during this time. There just isn't the energy to experience rage.

When I was taking prednisone, I felt the same, if not better because the asthma has generally improved, and that can only make you feel better. The only time I felt different was when I was weaned off the prednisone too quickly - I take ages to be weaned off, much longer than normal for some reason! - and I asked my daughter to put the pillow over my face. I was lying on my bed and I could not move. I felt so terribly sad, lethargic and in pain and rage was the furthest thing from my mind, I can tell you that! It was when I was having chemo.

She didn't do it, which is why I'm still here!

I found fitness, healthy eating, enjoyment from life and getting out of Scientology the best thing for my asthma, in fact I haven't ever had it so bad as I had it when I was 'in'. Very strange.

Perhaps that could help the little guy! He'll find out when he's in the clink I guess.