What's new

IAS Raid on October 16th in LA

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
I was just over at Marty's blog and read the most recent report of a 19 year old escapee from the Church of Miscavige named Daniel Montalvo. Here is the link. http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

There is a protest planned against the IAS on October 16th. I would like to invite anyone in LA to show up. It's not a protest for Daniel Montalvo per se but a protest of the actions of the Church of Miscavige and the IAS.

The IAS Event at LA Org (Big Blue)

Isn't this where they solicit all those million dollar donations to buy more big, empty ideal morgues to renovate with slave labor? L.A. has more scientologists than any other city in the world. They need to wake up, wise up, and walk out.

The Place To Be:

LA Org
4816 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90027

4816 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA - Google Maps

Date and Time:

October 16, 2010 5:45 pm (until we move the party somewhere else)
"Reception" is at 6:00, Event starts at 7:00. So plenty of time for flyering the public.

Bring:

* Yourself and your friends! Friends of friends! Family! Coworkers, neighbors, anyone who wants to come (except the local nutcases), anyone else you can persuade, bribe, or blackmail (if you do the latter 2, we don't want to know about it!)
* Signs that are huger than XBOX and/or sign making supplies
* Flyers - We have some opportunity to hand out flyers, and your fellow anons would like to trade with you.
* H20 and other non-alcoholic beverages
* Good spirits and a cool head
* Cameras, still and video
* Comfortable shoes
* Music, megaphones, etc.

Parking:
There are many potential parking areas within walking distance if you look around.
local area, see the satellite image and explore.

Other miscellany:
* Permit info if you have it
* Police info
* Masks are legal
* Please contact media! especially if you have any personal connections.

Newcomers are welcome!
So are people we haven't seen for a while.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I was just over at Marty's blog and read the most recent report of a 19 year old escapee from the Church of Miscavige named Daniel Montalvo. Here is the link. http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

There is a protest planned against the IAS on October 16th. I would like to invite anyone in LA to show up. It's not a protest for Daniel Montalvo per se but a protest of the actions of the Church of Miscavige and the IAS.

The IAS Event at LA Org (Big Blue)

Be advised that whomever posted this information on the IAS event erred. The actual event is scheduled for the 23rd at The Shrine Auditorium. This has been confirmed. That's not to say anons won't be protesting at PAC that day.

A thread has been started on Daniel Montalvo, who was sprung from jail this afternoon and is being arraigned on Friday morning.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-...lows-set-up-moxon-arrested-72337/#post1333348

Dean Blair

On the website "Why we protest" it was noted that there were two events. One is on the 16th of October at Big Blue and the other is at the Shrine on the 23rd. Is this data incorrect?

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
On the website "Why we protest" it was noted that there were two events. One is on the 16th of October at Big Blue and the other is at the Shrine on the 23rd. Is this data incorrect?

Hi Dean,

You may want to post this question over at WWP. As well, you can check with Tory, who usually attends these protests. If you don't have her email address, you can write her from here on ESMB by going to her profile here via the category up top: COMMUNITY (members) under letter T - look for ToryMagoo44.

Glad you are joining in on the protests!! I wish everyone would when possible. They are very effective!

Best wishes,
Mary

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

My sources advise me that there is no scheduled event taking place at PAC on the 16th. Also, when there is a large event taking place, Ken Long or some other OSAbot will apply for street closure permits from the City of Los Angeles... none has been applied for on the 16th.. They have for the 23rd at the Shrine (specifics posted on the WWP thread).

Hopefully, some people show up on the 16th...

Lynn Fountain Campbell

My sources advise me that there is no scheduled event taking place at PAC on the 16th. Also, when there is a large event taking place, Ken Long or some other OSAbot will apply for street closure permits from the City of Los Angeles... none has been applied for on the 16th.. They have for the 23rd at the Shrine (specifics posted on the WWP thread).

Hopefully, some people show up on the 16th...

Oh, Smurf. Did Sparrow go through all that ordeal for nothing? If even one person shows up with a sign, there's a protest. I'll be there. :D

<3
Lynn

Dean Blair

I think there will be a lot of people at the LA Org on the 16th to protest. Some have suggested making it Daniel Montalvo day to commemorate Daniel's leaving the Church of $. The following week will be the IAS raid on the 23rd.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

I think there will be a lot of people at the LA Org on the 16th to protest. Some have suggested making it Daniel Montalvo day to commemorate Daniel's leaving the Church of $. The following week will be the IAS raid on the 23rd.

Many thanks to Rick Moxon, OSA, and David Miscavige for giving us another great reason to protest. And of course eternal gratitude to Ron for the fair game policy that made it all possible. :p

Lynn

hartley

Patron with Honors
The actual event is scheduled for the 23rd at The Shrine Auditorium. This has been confirmed. That's not to say anons won't be protesting at PAC that day.

The IAS Annual Event is at Saint Hill this coming Friday 15th October, with DM's big speech. Other places will see him on video the week after.

Anonycat

Crusader
Oo-hoo... Free haircuts.... :happydance:

Smurf! :omg: I hope lots of people remember to get their new cut and/or color at Lynn's salon down the street from Big Blue! Lynn, please post a link for the salon. People will want to buy themselves an awesome cut (by you) while in town, like when the L.A. Press Conference happened. You know I'll be back when I'm in Los Angeles!

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Smurf! :omg: I hope lots of people remember to get their new cut and/or color at Lynn's salon down the street from Big Blue! Lynn, please post a link for the salon. People will want to buy themselves an awesome cut (by you) while in town, like when the L.A. Press Conference happened. You know I'll be back when I'm in Los Angeles!

Who can forget you, Cat?

sasquatch.jpg

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Thanks, 'Cat. On Saturday the 16th, I'll be there from about noon to 5:30. Then I'll be going to the protest. Call me any time to set up a time for haircuts, etc. If I don't pick up, just leave a message. I check them regularly.

http://www.shearperfection.com

Scroll down for phone number.

<3
Lynn