What's new

Advice on how to sell my flag account.......

Liber8u

Patron
Hi Everybody,
Several months ago I contacted someone on craigslist.
He had an ad up stating he would buy your scientology account.
I e-mailed him and asked how that could be done if he was not a family member.
He said something to the effect that---you, the account holder, "books" the account then he buys the materials from you.
You end up with about 25% of the dollar amount of the account.
It sounded pretty shady and I didn't go for it but now I'm seriously looking at the idea as my bank account is getting low. --- the problem is I can't find the ad on craigslist or my e-mail from that guy.
So my friends; I was hoping somebody had some info on the ad, the guy or even any advice....Anybody?
I'm not ready to be declared so I won't do a repayment.
I still have some family in.
I realize that I never have formally introduced myself---well, I'm still under the radar but I can say this much, I was in for 32 years before I fully woke up.
This board really helped me and I thank you all for your contributions. I am still trying to get back on my feet.
with love, Liber8u

A-non-non-anon

Patron with Honors
Short answer?

Scammer scamming scammers scamming scammers...

The reason you can't find the ad is because somebody KR'd the guy who did it, and he pulled the ad as part of his Amends.

FoTi

Crusader
Hi Everybody,
He said something to the effect that---you, the account holder, "books" the account then he buys the materials from you.
It sounded pretty shady and I didn't go for it but now I'm seriously looking at the idea as my bank account is getting low. --- the problem is I can't find the ad on craigslist or my e-mail from that guy.
So my friends; I was hoping somebody had some info on the ad, the guy or even any advice....Anybody?
I realize that I never have formally introduced myself---well, I'm still under the radar but I can say this much, I was in for 32 years before I fully woke up.
This board really helped me and I thank you all for your contributions. I am still trying to get back on my feet.
with love, Liber8u

If you're still in as far as everyone knows, approach someone who might need to buy a meter.....tell them that you have money on account and that you will get a brand new meter off your account..with their choice of color... and give it to them at a discount. Just tell them that you really need the money right now and it will be helping you and helping them to spend less money. I wouldn't do books....you can buy the books on line for practically nothing.....I don't think you would even make 25%. If you put out the word that someone can get a brand new meter for less than what they would have to pay at the org, someone will most likely show up that wants to buy it. Maybe someone wants some Scientology jewelry or a new meter for themselves or for a gift....which you could get for them for less money than they would pay for it themselves at Flag....Christmas is coming up....and not all Scientologists play by the rules when it comes to buying books and meters. If you just put the word out, you never know who might also be out and flying under the radar that would take you up on a less expensive purchase of something they might want, such as a meter.

Money is short right now for a lot of people, so you might find some takers....

I wrote to this person to find out the market for our 4 e-meters. They wrote back and told me $500.

Now I think there are only 2 options, No. 1; this is an enterprising person who is reselling to the FZ and Indy's.

or No. 2; it's a person posted from within the Cof$ who is eliminating the liability of any possibility of repayments whilst gathering intel on who is out or in AND making a profit on the books in the meantime, which is so brilliant and devious it could only be called Machiavellian!

But I have been buying and selling livestock and been in the company of horse traders for far too long.

Your call.
I'd say it's the cult looking to limit it's liabilities, since they are required to give you a full refund no questioned asked as part of their IRS agreement to grant them tax exempt status ... that includes eMeters.

Feral

Rogue male
I wrote to this person to find out the market for our 4 e-meters. They wrote back and told me $500.

Now I think there are only 2 options, No. 1; this is an enterprising person who is reselling to the FZ and Indy's.

or No. 2; it's a person posted from within the Cof$ who is eliminating the liability of any possibility of repayments whilst gathering intel on who is out or in AND making a profit on the books in the meantime, which is so brilliant and devious it could only be called Machiavellian!

But I have been buying and selling livestock and been in the company of horse traders for far too long.

Your call.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mark-Super-VII-...285?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b5f3a1b5

This is an eBay ad for a working Mark Super VII e-meter with a buy-it-now price of $549. The ad notes that this seller's usual price is $650, but there is a discount this time because of a mark on the meter, a cosmetic flaw.

In other words, even Mark VII meters are selling cheap these days. Last time I looked, the going rate for a Mark VII was $1200-1500.

Paul

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Hi Everybody,
with love, Liber8u
What Feral said.
Sounds like the craiglister was just trying to get you to clean out your account by buying books. Books are a big stat, lol. 99% chance he would not buy them back from you once you ordered the books. Cleaning out old accounts that have not been active in years is a good way to do it.

Write a letter demanding REPAYMENT ( not refund). The IRS says they have to repay you if you ask. It may take some effort to get them to follow through but it's worth it., Many have gotten repayments.
Mary

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Anybody who would pay 25% of list price for Scientology Basics is an idiot. There might be some Freezone interest in *old* books, but this is obviously a scam.

Zinj

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Anybody who would pay 25% of list price for Scientology Basics is an idiot. There might be some Freezone interest in *old* books, but this is obviously a scam.

Zinj

Sounds more like a $cn operation to me. "Identify and locate" disaffected members and secure 75% of their money while you're at it.

AnonKat

Crusader
craighlist

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bks/2034074486.html

some old leatherbounds are on there too

Hi Everybody,
with love, Liber8u

The Clam

Patron with Honors
Hire a lawyer and see if he can get all your money back. There is a ex scn Dave Warkeam I think that how you spell his last name. The last I heard he was in clearwater and he hire a lawyer to get all his money back. Don't know if he was successful or not. But if you can find him maybe he could help you out or know someone.

AnonKat

Crusader
Hire a lawyer and see if he can get all your money back. There is a ex scn Dave Warkeam I think that how you spell his last name. The last I heard he was in clearwater and he hire a lawyer to get all his money back. Don't know if he was successful or not. But if you can find him maybe he could help you out or know someone.

http://www.scientology-lies.com/help/refund.html

I am not an expert, and I am not a lawyer. However, from reading about other people's strategies, I would encourage you to

write down everything that has anything to do with your refund;
contact your local district attorney and state attorney general's office;
contact the IRS (Scientology promised to grant refunds in their 1993 IRS agreement);
and DON'T SIGN ANYTHING until your lawyer has seen it. In particular, for money on account, you should not have to sign ANYTHING, ever, for a return of your own unused money.

Recently, people requesting refunds have been posting information to the alt.religion.scientology newsgroup, sharing information about their strategies. Check the newsgroup, or browse the archives at Google.

I'll try to summarize successful (and unsuccessful) strategies here in the not-too-distant future.

http://independentscn.zzl.org/refund.html

Sometimes it happens that a member of the Church of Scientology wants to get a refund of money paid to that organisation. This is likely to get you into hot water or even expelled from the Chruch of Scientology. If leaving is of concern to you, perhaps you should refer to our pages on the condition of Doubt here and here. Also perhaps to a page which has been on the net for a while to do with Church of Scientology reform. In addition we have quite a collection of success stories that show life (and auditing) carry on after leaving the Church of Scientology here

http://www.xs4all.nl/~jeta/spb/english.html

Dear reader,

Did you ever try to get your money back from the "church" of Scientology? Or didn't you even start trying because you think you'll never manage?

If that's the case you're definitely not the only one. Probably we can be at your service.

http://carolineletkeman.org/sp/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=168&Itemid=9

[
B]Refund and Reparation
A resource for victims of Scientology's unconscionable policies and practices
[/B]