What's new

Does Tom Cruise still have it? Did he ever?!

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
tom-cruise-dubai3-530fp110210.jpg

This past Saturday, October 30, Tom Cruise spent the day as his super-spy counterpart Ethan Hunt shooting scenes for 'Ghost Protocol,' the next installment in the 'Mission: Impossible' series. Fans gathered not just to get a peek at a real-life movie star, but also grit their teeth in terror, as they watched Cruise perform a mind-blowing stunt on the world's tallest building.

Standing at 2,717 foot, the Burj Khalifa -- located in Dubai -- is the world's tallest man-made structure, ever. Cruise hung from the side of its observation deck, way up on the 124th floor, and thumbed his nose at gravity, successfully pulling off a dangerous chase scene with another actor. A helicopter circled the actors mere feet away, while the crew shot the stunt from the floor above. His spokeswoman told the Daily Mail, "Tom has been preparing for the stunt for some time. He believes if he performs the stunts himself, the audience believes more in his character."

Cruise is no stranger to big stunts on his movie sets. For the opening of 'Mission: Impossible 2,' Cruise performed a dangerous rock climbing stunt on his own -- without the benefit of a safety net and against the urgings of the film's producers. After filming this latest death-defying act, Cruise hurried to a 'MI' press conference, instead of spending hours kissing the sweet, stable ground beneath his feet.

And in case anyone is doubting that Cruise was actually up there, Moviefone received confirmation from Paramount Pictures that it was in fact Mr. Cruise.

The plot of 'Ghost Protocol' is being kept under tight security. All that is known is that series regulars Cruise, Ving Rhames and Simon Pegg will be joined by Jeremy Renner and Josh Holloway. The film, which is co-written by J.J. Abrams and directed by animation visionary Brad Bird, is scheduled to hit theaters on December 16, 2011.

Check out more photos of Cruise scaling the sides of the architectural phenomenon, and feel bad that the 48-year-old thoroughly schooled everyone on what it means to commit to a job.

Last edited by a moderator:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I don't feel bad about this. Cruise is a committed actor. Nobody is doubting his commitment. People are doubting his judgment. The problem for Tom Cruise is that regardless of his own personal work ethic, he is contributing heavily to a group that is anti-Democratic, abusive, manipulative, and destructive, not only to it's membership, but to every aspect of the community it inhabits.

Until Cruise departs, he's essentially a very talented and rich Mafia wife, or worse, Nazi apologist.

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
If you look at this pic of TC, it confirms what I've always said: He has very short arms, almost deformed really. :omg: I know it's not pc to comment on people's appearance, but I make an exception when it comes to Tom-Shorty-Cruise.

Ha. That's interesting. I noticed several things about those pics, but short arms wasn't one of them.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I think each of his pictures should be picketed, boycotted, and protested against until he stops using his name to recruit people into an abusive brainwashing cult.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I'm cool with picketing. Not so much with boycotting. I like to see good movies. Now, if you want me to boycott bad movies, I will. Including the MI franchise.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
That whole skyscraper thing just shows what a vain idiot he his. He's married with kids and he's out hanging by a cable on the world's tallest building purely to promote his "image". Douchebag.

Good twin

Floater
That whole skyscraper thing just shows what a vain idiot he his. He's married with kids and he's out hanging by a cable on the world's tallest building purely to promote his "image". Douchebag.

Does this mean you think that thereckoning is Tom Cruise? That would be awesome!

I think both Tom Cruise and John Travolta would be hotter if they actually were gay. (but not for each other)

These days TC in the movie is not enough. He has to stunt around long before the movie comes out so when the movies does come out people will recognise his name. "Oh yeah, isn't that that actor guy who used to be a window cleaner in Saudi Arabia"?

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
Why peeps spend money on Hollywierd movies is beyond me. Look what "stars" have done for the state--ready to implode with Moonbeam running it yet again. Dopes.