What's new

The Psychosis of David Miscavige

rhansrider

Patron with Honors
Just a question here from someone who was never a Scientologist. Marty has just posted on his blog a post titled "The Psychosis of David Miscavige" where he does say DM is psychotic. I thought true blue Scilons didn't believe in psychological illnesses?

Is there some double-think going on here?

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Just a question here from someone who was never a Scientologist. Marty has just posted on his blog a post titled "The Psychosis of David Miscavige" where he does say DM is psychotic. I thought true blue Scilons didn't believe in psychological illnesses?

Hubbard didn't approve of psychiatry, but he labeled lots of people 'psychotic'.

T

TheSneakster

J I thought true blue Scilons didn't believe in psychological illnesses?

No.

Scientology teaches that, except in cases of actual physical deformity or serious injury to the brain, "mental illnesses" are of spiritual origin and not the result of "chemical imbalances" as psychiatric practitioners seem to believe.

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space

A mental/spiritual condition, as contrasted to "illness". There is extensive use of the term "psychosis" in Scn. Here are definitions listed from an older Technical Dictionary:

PSYCHOSIS,

1. the root word “psych” refers only to a being or soul and the
“osis” could loosely be defined as “the condition of.” (Cert, Vol. 13, No. 2)

2 .psychosis could be technically called an inability to be; so it naturally is an
inability to communicate because beingness is a problem in anchor points and
that’s a problem in communication . ( Spr Lect 9, 5303CM27)

3 . an inability to cope with the routine problems of the first and second dynamics . ( Spr Lect 9, 5303CM27)

4. psychosis is a complete inability to assign time and space. (Scn 8-80, p. 44)

5 . any major form of mental affliction or disease. (SOS, p. 25)

6 . a conflict of commands which seriously reduce the individual’s ability to solve his
problems in his environment to a point where he cannot adjust some vital phase of
his environmental needs. (DTOT, p. 58)

7 . the guy is just generally the effect of everything. (SH Spec 70, 6607C21)

8 . is simply an evil purpose. It means a definite obsessive desire to destroy. (ESTO No. 3, 7203C02 SO I)

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron

Have a look at the currently running Justified Think thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=20887

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I don't have it handy, but there is a Case Supervisor bulletin (C/S Series 22) entitled "PSYCHOSIS".

It has Hubbard's definition and explanation, with the conclusion: "Insanity is the overt or covert but always complex and continuous determination to harm or destroy."

It is an idiotic definition and reveals Hubbard's own darkened mental state.

Why? Imagine a person who is has a mental breakdown after a series of devastating losses and perhaps deaths of loved ones. They are morbidly depressed and suffering in a nightmarish world. They are not trying to harm or destroy anything. They are, in common parlance, simply "crazy".

Hubbard assigns to that person the motivation of EVIL.

Evil (destroying) has nothing to do with it.

Hubbard's crazy scripture always attacks others that he feels are threatening.

Of course, Hubbard claims to be able to heal the insane, which is a lie. So he attacks them as being evil. Later he called them Suppressive Persons.

If they are evil it gets him off the hook for lying about his healing powers.

And nobody is supposed to question Hubbard as to why he didn't heal them. One doesn't question because one is then labeled as Psychotic or Insane or SP and.....thereafter the target of attacks.

That's right, attacking the mentally ill. I didn't make it up. It's Hubbard's crazy cult, not mine.

Wait, I think i can find it for you....

Okay, here it is:

http://www.suppressiveperson.org/spdl/images/stories/scripture/hcob-psychosis.pdf

LongTimeGone

Silver Meritorious Patron
This process should work on the asthmatic dwarf.
"Look around here and find someone who is really, really, killable."
After an hour of spotting everyone on the planet, he should have the cognition that he is psychotic; that is if he hasn't slapped the auditor to death before reaching the EP.
D.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
No.

Scientology teaches that, except in cases of actual physical deformity or serious injury to the brain, "mental illnesses" are of spiritual origin and not the result of "chemical imbalances" as psychiatric practitioners seem to believe.

Since the 'brain' is just 'meat', why would physical deformity or injury matter? But, no matter (not even grey,) even when a brain tumor causes mental and spiritual change to a person, it's all spirituality anyway, since to have a brain tumor, one would have to have *pulled it in*.

Zinj

Smilla

Ordinary Human

In Scientology, 'psychotic' means someone who is as crazy as me, but whom I do not like.