What's new

Wanna see brainwashing in real time?

Mystic

Crusader
Well darn. After the redfish got thrown back I lost interest. The two pretended-humans in the video began talking to one another and poof, all interest gone. Click. But thanks for posting the vid anyhow.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I just watched this, HH, and one thing that is obvious from it is that Marty isn't aware of *everything* Hubbard told us.
Grounding the body to "bleed off excess charge" is a Hubbardian recommendation.
Hubbard tells us to grab the nearest water pipe, DM has obviously taken that concept and stylised it.
I can't recall the exact reference on it but I've known about it since the 70s.

I actually enjoyed watching the interaction between Mike and Marty.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I just watched this, HH, and one thing that is obvious from it is that Marty isn't aware of *everything* Hubbard told us.
Hubbard tells us to grab the nearest water pipe, DM has obviously taken that concept and stylised it.

I am holding onto a water pipe and typing with the other hand.

I must not be applying that tech correctly because I still feel charge on delusional cult members congratulating themselves on being free of stupid ideas while they are piously pretending to recall "implant stations" from trillions of years ago.

(ps: would be cool if anyone can find Hubbard's dizzyingly daffy grounding tech--if it exists in fact)

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I am holding onto a water pipe and typing with the other hand.

I must not be applying that tech correctly because I still feel charge on delusional cult members congratulating themselves on being free of stupid ideas while they are piously pretending to recall "implant stations" from trillions of years ago.

(ps: would be cool if anyone can find Hubbard's dizzyingly daffy grounding tech--if it exists in fact)
Lol, it's there somewhere. You don't think I made it up do you? :omg:
I first heard of it in the mid 70s, I think, so it's probably in a book or on a tape.

There was a time when I used to grab the nearest water pipe... oh wait, that was when I was smoking a lot of hash! :D

Seriously, what I find MOST interesting is that Marty (Mr Tek) has obviously never heard of it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I first heard of it in the mid 70s, I think, so it's probably in a book or on a tape.

There was a time when I used to grab the nearest water pipe... oh wait, that was when I was smoking a lot of hash! :D

Seriously, what I find MOST interesting is that Marty (Mr Tek) has obviously never heard of it.

From Scn 8-80:
This vibration, theoretically, can increase to a strong current which becomes so great it is well to ground your preclear by using an E-Meter or letting him hold a wire in each hand which is connected to a bare water pipe or radiator. Otherwise, his MEST body may be damaged by the flow.​
Paul

Hmmm, would think copper condoms qualify as "squirrel tech"?

Mark A. Baker :whistling:

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron

In ancient Greece, they used copper for healing, preventing pregnancy, etc. Grounding to the earth, with or without a conduit, is as natural an instinct and nothing new. Not Hubbard's invention.

Source......no.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
In ancient Greece, they used copper for healing, preventing pregnancy, etc. Grounding to the earth, with or without a conduit, is as natural an instinct and nothing new. Not Hubbard's invention.

Source......no.
That's probably true but that is NOT the point I'm making.

My point is that Mike is telling a story which ridicules DM because of the copper-grounding-tech. Marty comes up with weird reasons for DM doing this and it is obvious (at least to me) that neither Marty nor Mike know that this is a Hubbard recommended action.

It's a piece of Hubb-tech which DM has revived with a modern twist (there probably ain't too many radiators or water pipes in modern auditing rooms). When they criticise this "tech" they are unintentionally (?) criticising Hubbard. This tech has been known about and USED in scientology whilst Hubbard was at the helm.

I did a pretty thorough investigation of it when I first read about it in the 70s, I always questioned ideas that were new to me. I've tried it and used it to turn off a psychotic break (it worked).

I'm not discussing whether or not it's valid or something Hubbard discovered (he didn't) I'm saying that M & M are actually dissing their Homeboy through ignorance of it as a piece of Hubbard-tech.

HelluvaHoax!

No, but I do think RON made it up.

And with the reference at hand, predictably provided by Paul, it was merely a theoretical concept of what could theoretically be done if a theoretical process worked.

Must be cool to charge people a half a million dollars for untested theories.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron

images

HelluvaHoax!

From Scn 8-80:
This vibration, theoretically, can increase to a strong current which becomes so great it is well to ground your preclear by using an E-Meter or letting him hold a wire in each hand which is connected to a bare water pipe or radiator. Otherwise, his MEST body may be damaged by the flow.​
Paul

Cool!

What I really like about this reference is that one word, 'theoretically'.

Hey, Ron, why didn't you SAY so? That would have made all the difference!

* Dianetics the Theoretical Modern Science of Mental Health

* The Theoretical History of Man

* The theoretical state of Clear and OT

* The theoretical Bridge to Theoretical Total Freedom
Scientology would have worked for me if Ron had just always remembered to use that adjective.

And, oh--if I had only remembered to use theoretical checks to pay for Ron's theoretical theta theories.

HelluvaHoax!

That's probably true but that is NOT the point I'm making.

My point is that Mike is telling a story which ridicules DM because of the copper-grounding-tech. Marty comes up with weird reasons for DM doing this and it is obvious (at least to me) that neither Marty nor Mike know that this is a Hubbard recommended action.

It's a piece of Hubb-tech which DM has revived with a modern twist (there probably ain't too many radiators or water pipes in modern auditing rooms). When they criticise this "tech" they are unintentionally (?) criticising Hubbard. This tech has been known about and USED in scientology whilst Hubbard was at the helm.

I did a pretty thorough investigation of it when I first read about it in the 70s, I always questioned ideas that were new to me. I've tried it and used it to turn off a psychotic break (it worked).

I'm not discussing whether or not it's valid or something Hubbard discovered (he didn't) I'm saying that M & M are actually dissing their Homeboy through ignorance of it as a piece of Hubbard-tech.

Do I dare ask???

Are you saying that there is more LRH Tech/Scripture on this grounding stuff, besides the reference Paul cited?

Are you saying that a psychotic break was resolved by having someone simply touch a grounded wire? Care to elaborate?

In my personal experience, I was able to turn off a psychotic-break-from-reality (my own, aka "the bridge") by letting go of wires (connected to cans) whereupon I stood up and walked out of Scientology, promptly recovering from the modern science of mental illness.

HelluvaHoax!

1. Basic Wire Tech: Touching a grounded wire to handle one's case.

2. Advanced Wire Tech (confidential!): Wiring money to Scientology to handle everything unresolved with Basic Wire Tech.

So Miscavige thinks he invented the Tinfoil Hat and Rathbun tries to uses Hubbard's brand of Batshit Crazy to explain why Miscavige is Batshit Crazy.

The best part is definitely when Rinder is like WTF? I'm telling a story of how whacked Miscavige is and this guy is debating what's the best way to get to Batshit Crazy

HelluvaHoax!

So Miscavige thinks he invented the Tinfoil Hat and Rathbun tries to uses Hubbard's brand of Batshit Crazy to explain why Miscavige is Batshit Crazy.

The best part is definitely when Rinder is like WTF? I'm telling a story of how whacked Miscavige is and this guy is debating what's the best way to get to Batshit Crazy

hahhahahaha!

RINDER
...and Miscavige is all like 'hey just touch this wire and
you go OT!' And I'm all like, 'whatever!' And he's like
all 'no seriously, dude, touch it!' And I'm like, 'no wayyy
dude--that's an electrical wire and I will be electrocuted' and
he's like all 'I promise dude, just step in this water when
you touch it, you'll get the coolest theta cogs, seriously!'

RATHBUN
That's so crazeeee! Ya know, 17 trillion years ago I am
picking up that you were implanted by COB who was a
crazy cult leader telling you crazy stories about the wholetrack.....

RINDER
(thinking "FUCK OFF YOU MORON!")
Yeah, that indicates.

Good twin

Floater
What I find interesting

Ther are a couple of conclusions I was able to draw from watching this video. Of course my conclusions may be colored with my own fixed ideas based on previous observations. But I noticed some stuff that was interesting.

Marty clearly is the most senior tech terminal in the independant field and he has the most impressive production record of any Scientology executive except for the old man himself. This is even more impressive since at least half of Marty's production history is super secret and continues to be confidential undoubtably for our own good. Knowing where the bodies are buried is a burden that Marty carries like an Albatross, keeping the routes onto and up the bridge to total freedom safe for the rest of us to travel. There is much to admire and be in awe of about Marty.

But Mike Rinder, yes Mike, is clearly the better fisherman. :coolwink:

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
From Scn 8-80:
Paul

I took several electronics courses on my way to my second "career" in LAN administration. As I remember, Ohm's law basically means that a human body will turn to carbon (ala a resistor) and become fried to a crisp (ala old Sparky of execution fame) in amperage's quest for happiness. LRH was the biggest jackass of all time.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Do I dare ask???

Are you saying that there is more LRH Tech/Scripture on this grounding stuff, besides the reference Paul cited?

Are you saying that a psychotic break was resolved by having someone simply touch a grounded wire? Care to elaborate?

In my personal experience, I was able to turn off a psychotic-break-from-reality (my own, aka "the bridge") by letting go of wires (connected to cans) whereupon I stood up and walked out of Scientology, promptly recovering from the modern science of mental illness.
Of course you dare ask.

Yes, there is more spoken/written about it than the reference Paul quoted. I don't recall where and am unlikely to become interested in searching it out. These days, my home is a Hubbard-free environment. At the time when I was questioning the concept, I did see/listen to other references, discussed this principle at length with friends and mentors and read non-Hubbard research on the subject.

Whether or not it works as postulated is open to debate. Perhaps the person just being convinced of the idea that the over-restimulated charge is "bleeding off" to earth is sufficient to produce the results observed.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that someone who was in the middle of a psychotic break and in no frame of mind to touch a pair of e-meter cans was asked quietly to take hold of a water pipe and hold it for about 5 minutes. The person did as she was asked and immediately calmed down, after about 5 minutes the person smiled and said "It's gone!" She was out of the psychotic break. There was no prior suggestion that the charge would bleed off in this particular instance but the person may have known of the concept.

(Interestingly enough, for DM to pull this routine as described by Rinder, he may have thought that Mike was "over-restimulated" or having/about to have a psychotic break. On the other hand, he may have just been acting like the destructive, know-it-all asshole that he is.)

Yes, I understand what you're saying about letting go of the e-meter wires. :thumbsup: