What's new

Hello to you all

Terril park

Sponsor
Farcyde, I think you summarized the basics pretty well.
I was at AOLA year after year doing the stupid Birthday Game to get the Universe Corps to deliver the upper levels. Yeh, right. We won 3 years in a row and ended up with ONE auditor. No trips to Flag, either.

There is no reason, no excuse for the horrible staff pay and horrible working conditions.

But YOUR intentions were sincere. You still have that. Don't ever lose that.

As for the OT levels... like I said, I worked at AOLA - 8 of the 9 years on staff. Anyone who reads OT-3 for the first time is shockingly disappointed. THe first thought is - You're FUCKING KIDDING! That's IT?!?! And you think, what a scam! If you still want to do them, of course, there are those who would deliver them and it wouldn't cost you what it does at the CULT, but you've already been through that - paying money and giving your lfie for nothing of value back - so I advise you to wait. Read. Discuss things. Take a new viewpoint altogether, one that analyzes. Go back to the things you know in your heart are important and you will know the right way to go.

You have NO idea how many people blow after reading the OT-3 materials. It is called the Non Interference Zone because it is such a letdown to read the stupid Xenu story. But the NIZ is just one more of so many marketing ploys.

To be able to separate the things you had real wins on from those that you didn't will take time. It will take time to compare modern philosophies and techniques, to get readjusted to understanding that Scns are not superior beings, to start ot think in terms that are not Scn terms.

You'll be alright, mate. :coolwink:

But this time around, use your mind fully, don't leave the ones you love behind. Because the only real route to spiritual freedom is through love and compassion. But there are lots of routes. Take your time. Don't let anyone else decide for you again. Only you can walk in your shoes and make the best decisions of what is best for you.

Sheila

I've never heard that many people left after reading OT 3. One has seen the odd tale here and other places. You have even approx valid stats?

Also they would have done OT 2 which IMO is even weirder, without
leaving.

Terril park

Sponsor
Hi Farcycle and welcome. :)

I too am a scientologist as are some others here.

What percentage of other staff do you think felt as you do, and are likely to leave soon?

Anonycat

Crusader
TP, people are leaving daily. Haven't you seen the threads here? Did you see that at Clearwater at the HUGE OT event that only 75 or so came to the event? It's game over for the cult of lies and deception.

Sindy

Crusader
Welcome

Farcyde,

As I read what you've written here, I am filled with new hope.

I am newly out since February of this year. I appreciate you writing the beginning of your tale as I know that first step is not always easy. It took me 8 months to post here because I was afraid people would be too rough on me. :giggle: That NEVER happened and here you will find the most critical thinking and truth available, IMO. :)

Back to the hope. As I was reading, I was thinking of the execs at our local org. Before this I had thought that because they had done their OECs or OEC/FEBCs, that they were too indoctrinated to ever question, to ever see the truth. I am glad to say that I was possibly wrong. Only time will tell.

As such a highly trained and top exec, it takes great courage to leave . Obviously it took tenacity of purpose and great persistence for you to get through that training in the first place. You then had the weight of the world on your head as an exec. It would have been much "easier" (in a sense) for you to just take the path of least resistance but, you didn't. I applaud you for this as I see that many others take the least resistance path and in the end, this helps NO ONE.

When you have time and when you are ready, I would love to hear your full story. Until then, thanks for the introduction. You are in good company with people who will help you and I am sure you will be a terrific asset as well.

:bighug::welcome2:

Jim Little

Patron with Honors
Glad you got unplugged. Welcome to the real world.

The decompression can be a roller coaster of emotions, but you will settle out.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Sindy

Crusader
TP, people are leaving daily. Haven't you seen the threads here? Did you see that at Clearwater at the HUGE OT event that only 75 or so came to the event? It's game over for the cult of lies and deception.

I think what he was questioning was Sheila's comment on people leaving specifically due to OT3, not whether people were leaving at all. :)

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to the board. Glad you are out. As you know now, the weather is fine outside the COS.

RE: Emergencies: 'Hill 10s' have been going on for 30+ years especially in the SO.

Looking forward to more of your story.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Welcome Farcyde, cool that you are posting now...

ESMB is a great place to turn one's dedicated stare into a wandering doubt. :D

AnonKat

Crusader
Welcome Farcyde

tiger2.gif

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hey Farcyde!

Welcome here! You took a pen from HCO??? It wasn't even a paper clip and they got you for how much $$ on amends???
Geez! Sounds like scientology!!

10 years! So jealous! You got off cheap, I hope you know!! :)

So glad to hear validation in your story of the everyday, more and more routine viewpoint of the cof$'s very bad behavior!

Would love to hear moar of your story. It really helps others feel safe to come out when they know they're not the crazy ones!!
Looking forward!

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've never heard that many people left after reading OT 3. One has seen the odd tale here and other places. You have even approx valid stats?

leaving.

Terril, I don't have stats but I have certainly noticed it. They don't leave when they read the materials. There is a supervisor standing over them making sure they don't go anywhere at that point. And OT 3 sups are very aware of the necessity to do this, and get the person actually auditing.

But many many people I know have come back from doing OT 3 and have just wandered off, faded into the background, or become an un-enthusiastic dilettante OT. It was a never ending source of frustration to me as a staff member working my ass off year after year to get these guys up the bridge and to OT. And then they'd just piss off. Not help out. I could never understand it.

But I understand it now that I know what is on OT 3 and the results that it doesn't get! I just wish some of those that got there and did the level would have clued in those below them that it was all a waste of time. Had they done that, I wouldn't have thrown my life away.

G

Gottabrain

leaving.

Hi Terril, More than anyone, in or out, I was in a position to know. And I've discussed this on other threads before.

For 5 years I was always over Call-in AOLA in the 80s. I developed Call-in, I ran call-in, the pilots and policies were based on my Call in Dept. I trained others on Call In and the C/O AOLA wouldn't let anyone else run it. He even moved it to Div 7 when I was D/CO Solo and I was Exec Esto to give it to me (infuriating!) I bloody hated Call-in, but it was my baby whether I liked it or not.

Call in was a high priority in the 80s because AOLA had something like 800 million dollars in prepaid services that had not been delivered. Mostly OT1-3 packages and Solo - OT3 packages. Some paid as little as $3500 for these packages, others paid $12000-$18000 depending on the time period.

As Kookaburra said, it is true the OT-3 sup doesn't let anyone leave after reading the OT-3 materials - even waits until after break for them to read it, makes sure they've gone to the bathroom, etc. It is true the sup knocks himself out to get the person to audit OT-3 the same day as reading the materials. Doesn't always happen, and even when it does, there are heaps of blows immediately afterward and it has been that way throughout AOLA's time. We had to call them back in. So I know.

There were rarely blows between Solo2-OT2, and most of those were explained by someone being sent to get an intensive in the HGC and not having the money, so not actually a blow. Same with those that left between Solo 1 (theory) and Solo 2 (practical). Sent to HGC for auditing, didn't have the money so couldn't continue.

I would say between 15-20% of those who read the OT-3 materials blew without completing OT-3 and had to be convinced to come back in. It was a real problem. So much so, that for at least a year we had one person assigned full time to call them back in. And we were calling in blows from all different time periods - late 60s to mid 80s. OT2 is weird, but without the weird theory that OT-3 has. No Xenu story there. And OT1 and OT2 are lightweight and fun, and if they didn't make sense, it was because people assumed it would all be explained on OT3. Plus OT1 had changed many times
over the years. After all, OT1 wasn't ever actually directly written by LRH.

I learned firsthand from those that blew that they were hugely disappointed after reading OT-3. A large number left Scn altogether after that. They had high expectations and didn't expect a scifi story.

NOTS didn't have this problem. Their problem was people running out of time or money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terril park

Sponsor

I'm not completely out of touch. By huge OT event you mean the one where they are trying to get FSms to get onto OT 7?

We know people are leaving. I was asking for stats a bit more precise.

Terril park

Sponsor
Terril, I don't have stats but I have certainly noticed it. They don't leave when they read the materials. There is a supervisor standing over them making sure they don't go anywhere at that point. And OT 3 sups are very aware of the necessity to do this, and get the person actually auditing.

But many many people I know have come back from doing OT 3 and have just wandered off, faded into the background, or become an un-enthusiastic dilettante OT. It was a never ending source of frustration to me as a staff member working my ass off year after year to get these guys up the bridge and to OT. And then they'd just piss off. Not help out. I could never understand it.

But I understand it now that I know what is on OT 3 and the results that it doesn't get! I just wish some of those that got there and did the level would have clued in those below them that it was all a waste of time. Had they done that, I wouldn't have thrown my life away.

In the FZ I can't recall anyone who didn't like OT 3. I may not have heard of any who didn't. Don't recall anyone saying they didn't like it or want to do it. Good results are attainable in my own experience and in that of others in the FZ.

Might be interesting to have a thread on this issue or a poll.