What's new

Bitchy, bitchy....yak, yak, yak ESMB threaditis

G

Gottabrain

Cranky is normal. Cranky is fine.

Some of the best jokes have been told by crankies.

Relax and have a beer, mate. Cheers!

Enjoy the rest of your holidays. Don't think too much or your brain will get wrinkles.

cheers.jpg

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
Don't get me wrong...I absolutely love, love, love ESMB. There are just some times when the bitchy fighting drives me a bit nuts...and I read it anyways sometimes. I had said that..."well, that's what message boards are like"...but, I've actually been on a lot of message boards, and that's not quite true. I've been on homeschooling boards where total granola atheists are talking to right-wing religious folks who have ostracized their gay children (don't get me started), and somehow most of the time it didn't approach some of the stuff I see here--there were always one or 2 a*holes, but most tried to connect. ...
:goodposting:

I agree. It's obvious when the people debating are trying to understand each other, trying to connect. :handinhand:

Vinaire

Sponsor
Don't get me wrong...I absolutely love, love, love ESMB. There are just some times when the bitchy fighting drives me a bit nuts...and I read it anyways sometimes. I had said that..."well, that's what message boards are like"...but, I've actually been on a lot of message boards, and that's not quite true. I've been on homeschooling boards where total granola atheists are talking to right-wing religious folks who have ostracized their gay children (don't get me started), and somehow most of the time it didn't approach some of the stuff I see here--there were always one or 2 a*holes, but most tried to connect. I don't know what it is. Is it when we were in the cult we could not express our viewpoint and it could not be right if we did, that we have to be so fricking adamant now? Not to say there is no connection taking place on ESMB--honestly, I have seen so many beautiful connections take place here, and maybe that's one reason why this other stuff bugs me so much. And, the fact that this place really helped me on my path in regaining myself (still working on it).

The only reason I started this thread was because I was thinking of a thread I read last night...and everyone was so cordial and wonderful, but I was too tired to put together a response about how wonderful it was. I hadn't noticed how much some of the strife just seemed to be..... ugh, I'm at a loss for words...it just hit me how refreshing that thread was, and how much I loved it; but checking into the thread today, it went down the road I don't like.

I'm not into censorship. I don't believe life is all sweet and cute... and I am totally against us 'exes' having to unite with others looking to 'take down the cult'. Yeah, my enemy's enemy is not necessarily my friend. I don't give a fuck if OSA thinks our in-fighting is a win. But, there are just some days when I want some harmony. Some tolerance. Fuck...I hate and despise the 'tech'...but, I can live with those who don't. Maybe I need to start a 'theetie-wheetie thread' for some happy clouds...which is totally ironic, since I totally hated those folks who were and am so aware of the dark side of life and my own 'dark side' that I could never be that. :D

Participants in fucking may be on the same wavelength but it doesn't necessarily translate as harmony.

Carmel

Crusader
My 2 cents on the op

Don't get me wrong...I absolutely love, love, love ESMB. There are just some times when the bitchy fighting drives me a bit nuts...and I read it anyways sometimes. I had said that..."well, that's what message boards are like"...but, I've actually been on a lot of message boards, and that's not quite true. I've been on homeschooling boards where total granola atheists are talking to right-wing religious folks who have ostracized their gay children (don't get me started), and somehow most of the time it didn't approach some of the stuff I see here--there were always one or 2 a*holes, but most tried to connect. I don't know what it is. Is it when we were in the cult we could not express our viewpoint and it could not be right if we did, that we have to be so fricking adamant now? Not to say there is no connection taking place on ESMB--honestly, I have seen so many beautiful connections take place here, and maybe that's one reason why this other stuff bugs me so much. And, the fact that this place really helped me on my path in regaining myself (still working on it).

The only reason I started this thread was because I was thinking of a thread I read last night...and everyone was so cordial and wonderful, but I was too tired to put together a response about how wonderful it was. I hadn't noticed how much some of the strife just seemed to be..... ugh, I'm at a loss for words...it just hit me how refreshing that thread was, and how much I loved it; but checking into the thread today, it went down the road I don't like.

I'm not into censorship. I don't believe life is all sweet and cute... and I am totally against us 'exes' having to unite with others looking to 'take down the cult'. Yeah, my enemy's enemy is not necessarily my friend. I don't give a fuck if OSA thinks our in-fighting is a win. But, there are just some days when I want some harmony. Some tolerance. Fuck...I hate and despise the 'tech'...but, I can live with those who don't. Maybe I need to start a 'theetie-wheetie thread' for some happy clouds...which is totally ironic, since I totally hated those folks who were and am so aware of the dark side of life and my own 'dark side' that I could never be that. :D
Understand your gripe, but, in response to what I've bolded above..........Most message boards don't have Scientologists actively trolling to cause "in-fighting", and most aren't related to such a contentious issue which seems to attract trouble makers who like to troll.

IMO, most of the bitching around here (when it does happen) is precipitated by trolling or by the adverse affect trolling can have on one's *usual* tolerance level.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I don't think most of the bitching is caused or precipitated by trolling. I have seen people say that, but that's just not the case.

It's just a mix of personalities combined with anger at the underlying issue- namely, Scn.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wonder if some of it has to do with the fact that many exes knew something was wrong with Scn a long time before they got out, and were mindf---ed into not expressing it or even acknowledging it at the time. I think maybe there's a tendency to not make that mistake again and just "call'em as you see'em"

But I think VC nailed it -- I think there's a lot of deep-seated hurt and anger. . . and this is a safe place to express it. Not to mention that exes tend to be pretty strong personalities anyway.

I haven't read the threads you are talking about so I don't know how bad it is -- I know in the past there have been some very contentious threads that were underscored with humor and acceptance that others may have a different viewpoint. Those could get heated but were informative and very entertaining. I take it we've gotten away from that -- too bad.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
awwwwwwww

I know the feeling too well, Clamy.
I even didn't post any boobs.
And it tells you something. :)
Feel better soon.
It's life. It changes all the time.

Warm hug, Stat.

:wtf:
I suddenly have this odd feeling...
It's all kind of warm and fuzzy inside...
:hug:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I wonder if some of it has to do with the fact that many exes knew something was wrong with Scn a long time before they got out, and were mindf---ed into not expressing it or even acknowledging it at the time. I think maybe there's a tendency to not make that mistake again and just "call'em as you see'em"

But I think VC nailed it -- I think there's a lot of deep-seated hurt and anger. . . and this is a safe place to express it. Not to mention that exes tend to be pretty strong personalities anyway.

I haven't read the threads you are talking about so I don't know how bad it is -- I know in the past there have been some very contentious threads that were underscored with humor and acceptance that others may have a different viewpoint. Those could get heated but were informative and very entertaining. I take it we've gotten away from that -- too bad.

One of the things to consider in this question of why exes are the way they are is this; Laffy took you to the heights of egotism. You know he did! You're the most intelligent, ethical, capable being in the universe for being involved with the cult (Dianetics, then Sci, then the SO). So, when you finally figured out that you had been conned by a ruthless occult predatory con man, you had an even farther fall.

He planned all this, people. He truly was an evil genius. I think he justified all the rewards he collected for doing this by telling himself that it was all for our own good in the long run. Makes it easier to take 'em, don't you know?

And nobody wants to admit how gullible they where. But we where.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Posted by Tiger Lily

snipped ...

:yes:

Vinaire

Sponsor

Do some KHTK folks! It is free...

And it is more fun.