What's new

Ken and Yvonne Schick Resignation

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wow, I know these guys, they are amongst the most successful in business and life people I ever knew in my scio life, increadibly well respected in both Austin Texas and Houston Texas.

They are good people.

Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 8:21 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: from Ken and Yvonne

Dear Friends,

“For a thetan there are two very essential rights: One is the right to his own sanity, and the other is the right to leave a game.” LRH, PDC, Dec 3rd1952

Ken and Yvonne Schick hereby announce that we are withdrawing our support and leaving the organization of the Church of Scientology.

We know that we have both benefited from auditing and training we have received. We respect L. Ron Hubbard and believe that his intention to help his fellow man was sincere. We still consider ourselves Scientologists in that our spiritual beliefs about the nature of man and relationship with his fellow man and the universe are consistent with the principles of Scientology. Furthermore, we will continue the application of Scientology in our daily lives.

We know that the staffs at all the orgs are filled with very caring, very dedicated individuals who would do anything to help their fellow man.

Some of you receiving this are our closest friends in the world with whom we have shared play time, work, the ups and downs and joys of life. We realize that this decision will mean the end of our friendship with some. We will let you decide if that is your own determinism or one enforced upon you by others.

All of that said, we can no longer support what we feel the organization has become under the leadership of David Miscavige. We feel that LRH started a church for the purpose of bringing spiritual freedom to man and that Mr. Miscavige has morphed it into something else entirely that appears to be mostly about money and his personal aggrandizement. We have each personally experienced the “forbidden cognition”: that our church is declining, that there is an SP behind that decline, and that the SP is David Miscavige.

There has been no single incident or source that brought us to this point. Rather it has been years of personal experiences along with observation of events and data that finally started coming together. For most of the last 20 years, any doubts or reservations we had were categorized as something that would get handled eventually. We began to violate our own sense of personal decency and core values in order to be “on board”, “KSW-in”, members of the team.

More recently, we decided we must resolve our doubt and our evaluation led us to conclude that Miscavige has grossly altered LRH tech, has focused the largest percentage of the activity of the group on fundraising in one form or another, is intent on milking every dime out of every member, and (quite frankly) has gone psychotic. For any of you who want to know more about how we came to the decision, we suggest you think for yourself and look for yourself starting with the websites that report information Mr. Miscavige does not want you to have. We were especially moved by the letter written by OT VIII Luis Garcia. He did a very thorough job of documenting the exact points that were there for us. We recommend reading Luis’ letter; A Letter From Garcia. We also recommend: Friends of LRH, Leaving Scientology, and Marty Rathbun's blog.

Our decision is made. We do not welcome any handling from anyone who might feel so inclined or be so directed. If anyone shows up at our home unannounced and uninvited, we will assume it can only be a “mission” and you will be asked to leave with no further discussion. That said, we are not cutting our communication lines or disconnecting from anyone who wants to call us friend.

We do not know if retaliation will be unleashed against us. One factor that motivated us was the malicious attacks we saw against people who decided to leave the group. Perhaps you will be told how very “evil” we are. Perhaps information we gave in session or to an MAA assuming confidentially will be broadcast. Ask yourself, “What kind of church does this?”

To those of you who already know this just is not what LRH intended, we hope that our leap will give you courage to do the same for your own peace of mind.

To those of you who want to leave but feel trapped by family and business relationships, our hearts go out to you. Keep looking, stay true to your personal integrity, and you will find a way.

To those of you who remain loyal to Miscavige’s org, we ask that you simply LOOK. Just like LRH advised us. Look at the real results, not the PR. Look at the affects being created in the general public. It has been a downhill ride since that man took over LRH’s church.

We are grateful to the bold men and women who have had the courage to leave the church run by Miscavige and then speak out publicly so that the truth is told. We appreciate that there are committed individuals who want to keep alive LRH’s purpose and technology for helping others.

We wish all of you the brightest of New Year’s with all of the spiritual freedom you have dreamed of for the ages. “Flourish and prosper.” LRH, The Way to Happiness.

Sincerely, Ken and Yvonne Schick

OT VII completion and OT VIII

Great news. Thanks for letting us know. :thumbsup:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
If it was Kool-Aid in the glass…

CoS Scientologists look at their glasses and wait to be told what to think about them. When told that it is a marvellous new formula that will make planetary clearing a reality, they cheer wildly and start donating supplies to the local schools.

Miscavologists look suspiciously at the glass before making their assistant taste it for poison. Then they throw their assistant in The Hole for drinking from their glass and claiming that it was half gone before they even got there.

Independents blame the evil dictator Miscavige for taking half of their Kool-Aid and then drink the rest.

Freezoners disagree over how the Kool-Aid should be served. They all have a fight and go off and make up their own flavours.

Terrilists drink it in order not to offend their hosts, but wish they could get a decent pint of real beer instead.

Zinjifarians look incredulous, refuse to even taste it and launch into a diatribe on how the inventor was a madman and a con artist.

Mickists throw it in the face of the f**king b**tards who tried to make them drink this p**s. W**kers!

Axiomists look disdainfully at the drink, declare that it isn’t their favourite brand and refuse to drink any. And besides, the glass was dirty.

Tansyists look at the glass thoughtfully before launching into a philosophical discussion about the brewing of real beer and how this is indicative of a spiritual existence. After a couple of hours they get thirsty and go down the pub for a couple of pints of real beer.

Emmaists put a fluffy pink hat on the glass, slip in a double shot of rum and pretend it’s a cocktail.

Hoaxists look at the proffered drink with amusement before launching into a witty and inventive monologue on the inadequacies of the drink and then take a swig of 12-year old single malt from their hip flask.

GTists offer to show their b**bs in exchange for something with some alcohol in it. The stronger the better.

DOFists pour the drink into a container for chemical analysis and go and get a cup of cocoa instead.

Fluffyists take the drink but never get around to drinking it because they are too busy posting to one of a dozen forums on their iPhone.

Alanzoists tell everyone that the quantity of fluid in the glass isn’t important. It’s the person holding the glass who should be the centre of attention. But only if he is wearing an armadillo suit.

Ax

Yep. I was too busy to post vids of the idle org grand opening or to make the Seattle Idle Org Derelict blogspot, or to march in both Seattle and Boston (flying 2800 miles to do the latter) or to spend years researching things, making friends and changing my convictions.

Yep. Very observant.

G

Gottabrain

"There has been no single incident or source that brought us to this point. Rather it has been years of personal experiences along with observation of events and data that finally started coming together. For most of the last 20 years, any doubts or reservations we had were categorized as something that would get handled eventually. We began to violate our own sense of personal decency and core values in order to be “on board”, “KSW-in”, members of the team."

This is wonderful news! WELCOME to the world outside the Cult.

This is my favourite part of Ken and Yvonne's letter. Kooka and I often bring this up during protests, we often urge others to think about the values they were raised with, the things that are important to them, their own sense of right and wrong.

When others take a look at this and do something about it, it shows true integrity. Many look but look away. Many choose the path the group takes, even when they can see it is wrong.

To choose one's personal path and personal integrity regardless of any obstacles is a wonderful thing. It's great to have them aboard. Ken and Yvonne sound like tremendous people.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey, I have a great idea! Since ESMB is apparently turning into what OCMB was (causing Emma to start this board in the first place) why not send your bitter bunch of old men saying how bad it all was over to us?! Isn't that brilliant? Of course, we're going to keep our hotties, too.

Registrations are open.

Just sayin'.

Are you really sure you want 'em? I was thinking we could send them to Thunderdome and lock the door. Then they could continue the :catfight: without bothering anyone.

If it was Kool-Aid in the glass…

CoS Scientologists look at their glasses and wait to be told what to think about them. When told that it is a marvellous new formula that will make planetary clearing a reality, they cheer wildly and start donating supplies to the local schools.

Miscavologists look suspiciously at the glass before making their assistant taste it for poison. Then they throw their assistant in The Hole for drinking from their glass and claiming that it was half gone before they even got there.

Independents blame the evil dictator Miscavige for taking half of their Kool-Aid and then drink the rest.

Freezoners disagree over how the Kool-Aid should be served. They all have a fight and go off and make up their own flavours.

Terrilists drink it in order not to offend their hosts, but wish they could get a decent pint of real beer instead.

Zinjifarians look incredulous, refuse to even taste it and launch into a diatribe on how the inventor was a madman and a con artist.

Mickists throw it in the face of the f**king b**tards who tried to make them drink this p**s. W**kers!

Axiomists look disdainfully at the drink, declare that it isn’t their favourite brand and refuse to drink any. And besides, the glass was dirty.

Tansyists look at the glass thoughtfully before launching into a philosophical discussion about the brewing of real beer and how this is indicative of a spiritual existence. After a couple of hours they get thirsty and go down the pub for a couple of pints of real beer.

Emmaists put a fluffy pink hat on the glass, slip in a double shot of rum and pretend it’s a cocktail.

Hoaxists look at the proffered drink with amusement before launching into a witty and inventive monologue on the inadequacies of the drink and then take a swig of 12-year old single malt from their hip flask.

GTists offer to show their b**bs in exchange for something with some alcohol in it. The stronger the better.

DOFists pour the drink into a container for chemical analysis and go and get a cup of cocoa instead.

Fluffyists take the drink but never get around to drinking it because they are too busy posting to one of a dozen forums on their iPhone.

Alanzoists tell everyone that the quantity of fluid in the glass isn’t important. It’s the person holding the glass who should be the centre of attention. But only if he is wearing an armadillo suit.

Ax

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is absolutely priceless, Ax!

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

"There has been no single incident or source that brought us to this point. Rather it has been years of personal experiences along with observation of events and data that finally started coming together. For most of the last 20 years, any doubts or reservations we had were categorized as something that would get handled eventually. We began to violate our own sense of personal decency and core values in order to be “on board”, “KSW-in”, members of the team."

This is wonderful news! WELCOME to the world outside the Cult.

This is my favourite part of Ken and Yvonne's letter. Kooka and I often bring this up during protests, we often urge others to think about the values they were raised with, the things that are important to them, their own sense of right and wrong.

When others take a look at this and do something about it, it shows true integrity. Many look but look away. Many choose the path the group takes, even when they can see it is wrong.

To choose one's personal path and personal integrity regardless of any obstacles is a wonderful thing. It's great to have them aboard. Ken and Yvonne sound like tremendous people.

I came to this thread to validate Ken and Yvonne for taking a stand, and taking it publicly. That takes guts. But Gottabrain has stated what I wanted to say so brilliantly, I can't think of anything to add.
:confused2:

Ken and Yvonne, if you are lurking here, drop in and say hello. We'd love to have you here. We promise to play nice. :angel:

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
If Ken and Yvonne are lurking, I would say the same thing I said in my post, to your faces.

It's a good thing you aren't supporting the larger scientology machine anymore but the illusion that you have left is just that.

You are jumping from the frying pan into the fire with Martytology.

Anyone who does deserves what they get.

If this gets me spanked or banned so be it. :bigcry:

Go audit yourselves.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yep

I came to this thread to validate Ken and Yvonne for taking a stand, and taking it publicly. That takes guts. But Gottabrain has stated what I wanted to say so brilliantly, I can't think of anything to add.
:confused2:

Ken and Yvonne, if you are lurking here, drop in and say hello. We'd love to have you here. We promise to play nice. :angel:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: GottaB - great post. :thumbsup:

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
If Ken and Yvonne are lurking, I would say the same thing I said in my post, to your faces.

It's a good thing you aren't supporting the larger scientology machine anymore but the illusion that you have left is just that.

You are jumping from the frying pan into the fire with Martytology.

Anyone who does deserves what they get.

If this gets me spanked or banned so be it. :bigcry:

Go audit yourselves.

I may be flamed for this, but what the heck.

What leads you to believe they are joining Marty's camp? They are at the top of the bridge, both are doing exceptionally well in life, have an awesome marriage, they don't need anything.

Their resignation being posted on Marty's board is no more significant than it being posted here on any of a dozen other boards it was reposted on.

Knowing them, they don't do much of anything that they don't agree with. In our last conversation, Ken was laughing about his last major IAS reg cycle, a bit of a gang bang with 3-4 of the big IAS high rollin reges. If I remember, he was in for 4 hours, and gave them $200. Woun't budge further. In the end the resorted to "we can't leave a reg cycle with you only getting $200, it is embarrasing, we will get into trouble". Ken's response was offering to rip up the check, from which they hastily retreated saying it was OK.

They have told me how much they enjoyed Jeff Hawkins blog, Marty's blog, and others which are written in a way not to be personally offensive to those still in and with the mind set. Personally, I consider Jeff's the best written and easiest to read and "cognite" on, period. Jeff has zero, nada, nil, desire to pursue scio tech in any form, but feels others have the right to pursue their own interests, a concept I absolutely agree upon.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron

What leads you to believe they are joining Marty's camp? They are at the top of the bridge, both are doing exceptionally well in life, have an awesome marriage, they don't need anything.

Their resignation being posted on Marty's board is no more significant than it being posted here on any of a dozen other boards it was reposted on.

Knowing them, they don't do much of anything that they don't agree with. In our last conversation, Ken was laughing about his last major IAS reg cycle, a bit of a gang bang with 3-4 of the big IAS high rollin reges. If I remember, he was in for 4 hours, and gave them $200. Woun't budge further. In the end the resorted to "we can't leave a reg cycle with you only getting $200, it is embarrasing, we will get into trouble". Ken's response was offering to rip up the check, from which they hastily retreated saying it was OK.

They have told me how much they enjoyed Jeff Hawkins blog, Marty's blog, and others which are written in a way not to be personally offensive to those still in and with the mind set. Personally, I consider Jeff's the best written and easiest to read and "cognite" on, period. Jeff has zero, nada, nil, desire to pursue scio tech in any form, but feels others have the right to pursue their own interests, a concept I absolutely agree upon.

Woop dee fucking doo.

I saw the check ripping tactic 35 years ago.

What makes you believe they won't continue in the "New church?"

Go audit yourself.

Their resignation being posted on Marty's board is no more significant than it being posted here on any of a dozen other boards it was reposted on. ...

Haven't weighed in much on this, Mike. Just to let you know I'm glad to see you here. Personally I'm a "liberal" freezoner. Translation: I like auditing but I'm not doctrinaire about whether or how others might choose to use it.

As you've seen things can get a bit "rough" around here at times, especially from those who can't tolerate anyone who has ever had a win in auditing. Don't despair. There are a LOT of good people here, both among the avowed critics and those still open to the use of some sort of "spiritual tech" whether similiar to scientology or not. Agreement is not a requisite for friendly discussions.

One plus point. If you find any of the respondents to be not worth the troubling, there is an "ignore" button you can use to screen out the responses you see. Just go to a particular troublemakers profile page. It can be found under the "members list" on the "community" menu at the top of every page. There under the menu item "user lists" (found under the avatar & user name) you will find there is a category to "add to ignore lists". You can always reverse the selection for any individual poster later if you change your mind.

Mark A. Baker

Last edited: