What's new

OSA TACTICS AND PROCEDURES

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Perhaps time to refocus.

Special Affairs is also know as Department 20 and is considered to have an awareness level of EXISTENCE. Its purpose, as defined by L Ron Hubbard is " . . . to accomplish the total acceptance of Scientology and its Founder throughout the area." Not surprisingly, then, the "valuable final product" of OSA is: "HANDLED SITUATIONS WHICH RESULT IN THE TOTAL ACCEPTANCE OF SCIENTOLOGY AND ITS FOUNDER THROUGHOUT THE AREA"

Any one else find that expression "total acceptance" a little worrying?

5363440400_13aa33346d.jpg

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
Blip, Why derail an important thread?
The Jo'burg and the subject of Sec Checks have already been discussed to death elsewhere on ESMB.

While we're getting back on topic, please tell Baker to put his Scientology tech PR damage control back in his pants.

Excerpt from 1960 HCOPL 'Department of Government Affairs':

"If attacked on some vulnerable point by anyone or anything or any organization [an attack also including such things as the expectation that one pay taxes, not commit fraud, not practice de facto slave labor, etc.], always find or manufacture [see L. Ron Hubbard's extensive 'Fair Game' Tech, for 'tricking, suing, lying, and destroying' its many real or imagined 'enemies'] enough threat against them to get them to sue for peace...

"The goal of the Department [of Special Affairs] is to bring the government and hostile philosophies or societies into a state of complete compliance... This is done by high level ability to control [including use of 'celebrities', image-enhancing front groups such as 'The Way to Happiness Foundation', and PR groups such as the 'Volunteer Ministers'] and in its absence by low level ability to overwhelm [Application of Scientology's overt and covert 'Attack' - Fair Game - Tech]. Introvert such agencies. Control such agencies. [and groups and individuals]"

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I often wonder if it strikes anyone as more than slightly odd that a church with the stated aims of the C o $ has a whole mafia like division devoted to gestapo like activities?

Why does a church hire known thugs to do "investigatons' or crowd control on a handful of peaceful picketers?
While OSA may claim they do not do anything against the law ( that is a lie) they can and do employ people who break the law. Then OSA says well they are no scios ( true ) and we can't be responsible for what they do - and how can they not be responsible for what they hired and paid someone to do? Beats me!

And does anyone have any idea how many are in OSA ? Or even what percentage of staff are OSA ? That would be a telling perspective.

And I didn't mean to insult the mafia as they are known to have some pretty bright and very effective people accomplishing both short and long term objectives.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Blip, Almost every scientologist gets a Jo'burg Sec Check sooner rather than later. It's standard.

Not any more. Word is that it is no longer on Grade II at Flag.
Thanks. That doesn't really surprise me, it's another one of those weird scientology anachronisms that actually created confusion in PC's (a WTF? moment). 99% of scientologists would have never heard of baby-farming if it wasn't for the Jo'burg.
Talk about "audit the pc in front of you"! :omg:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Insane . . .

I often wonder if it strikes anyone as more than slightly odd that a church with the stated aims of the C o $ has a whole mafia like division devoted to gestapo like activities?

For sure. There are also parallels that can be drawn between OSA and al-Qaeda. OSA's training as laid down by L Ron Hubbard teachings that government is "insane", the logic for which is spelled out in OSA NWO 17 - The Genus Of Insane Government - 17 Feb 1988:

Plot a government - any government on Earth today as you would plot an individual on the tone scale.

What do you find?

A murderer, a non-producer, a thing unable to run engrams - in short, an insane person.

Why?

The invention of the "official act" as different from a "personal act" was the beginning of governments sufficiently insane to cause war.

Definition of an insane person: An individual who is not personally responsible for his own acts.

Definition of a public official: An individual who is not personally responsible for his own acts.

Result: Insane Government.

Here, the underlying message to OSA is that "the government" is its enemy and, as such, can be subject to any actions designed to further Scientology. The same logic applied in this NWO could "prove" that an ant was an elephant. Still, I imagine that by the time a Scientologist gets to "study" material like this, there is already an in-built, unquestioning acceptance of Source thoroughly implanted.

Further motivation for sedition can be found in OSA NWO 18 - Why Government Attacks Religion - 17 Feb 1988. This document lies about history, weaves in the "atheistic" psych conspiracy, and concludes with the notion that the US government is "ruthless and oppressive and seeks total dominance of the citizenry".

Half-truths, twisted logic, distorted history, unfounded conspiracy, and permission to do what it ever takes is the hallmark of terrorist thinking.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
What I find interesting is that it seems some people say they have not personally known by someone that OSA had an OP where their OP got audited so therefore that has never happened

That establishes a new level of naive.

athena8

Patron
Not any more. Word is that it is no longer on Grade II at Flag.

That is because they no longer care about "Clean Hands Make a Happy Life." They want any remaining public and the rare new public pushed through the levels as quickly as possible in order to hook them up to the OT VII Solo NOTs $$$$$$$$$ milking machine. :violent:

ETA:

They also want that NAY R-factor on all sec checks. Should one be for the pc's benefit, how could they get them to buy their way out of ethics?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
What I find interesting is that it seems some people say they have not personally known by someone that OSA had an OP where their OP got audited so therefore that has never happened

That establishes a new level of naive.
WTF are you trying to say here, AT? The first sentence makes no sense at all.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
WTF are you trying to say here, AT? The first sentence makes no sense at all.

It's a competition to divine the meaning. Here's my submission. I would paraphrase it as

What I find interesting is that it seems some people say they have not personally known someone that OSA had an OP [i.e. covert operation] about where their OP got audited [i.e., the target got auditing sessions on the op and so told the auditor (and C/S and everyone else privy to folder info and HGC gossip)]. Since such people never heard any such info or gossip (and weren't otherwise privy to OSA covert ops), therefore that has never happened.

Paul

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
It's a competition to divine the meaning. Here's my submission. I would paraphrase it as

What I find interesting is that it seems some people say they have not personally known someone that OSA had an OP [i.e. covert operation] about where their OP got audited [i.e., the target got auditing sessions on the op and so told the auditor (and C/S and everyone else privy to folder info and HGC gossip)]. Since such people never heard any such info or gossip (and weren't otherwise privy to OSA covert ops), therefore that has never happened.

Paul

Well said! I agree !

PS - hey now ya'll I never said what I said made some sense.
Sometimes I read my own sentences ( loose use of thaat word, OK ?) and go WTF.

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
It occurred to me that most here really don’t know how OSA operates ...

I didn't see you mention it specifically, but OSA also does a lot of positive PR: parades, hob-nobbing with various groups like the local Chamber of Commerce -- activities that are actually good. Too bad it's purpose is PR, attempting to buoy a deservedly rotten public image.

One day I may even discover the courage to tell the whole story but many of the actors are still alive and would be hurt or imprisoned for no tangible gain (they’re almost all Ex-scn’ists now). ...

To those I hurt along the way, I sincerely apologise.
Love, Panda.

This statement bothers me. There may be good reasons to not publicly tell an incriminating story. I don't know. I guess I'm rejecting the Us vs Them mentality in which it's ok to nark on the "enemy" but not ok once the same person has switched sides. Many have suggested that Marty Rathbun is not automatically forgiven for what he did while in the CoS, now that he's left. Well, same goes for anyone else. Depends on what they did. Depends on what they've changed about themselves and what they've done to make up for their mistakes. But it shouldn't depend on whether they are exes. I probably inferred too much from your statement. Just got me thinking, that's all.

Last edited:
G

Gottabrain

I didn't see you mention it specifically, but OSA also does a lot of positive PR: parades, hob-nobbing with various groups like the local Chamber of Commerce -- activities that are actually good. Too bad it's purpose is PR, attempting to buoy a deservedly rotten public image.

THANKS! :thumbsup: I know very little about this part of it. Can you tell us more?

This statement bothers me. There may be good reasons to not publicly tell an incriminating story. I don't know. I guess I'm rejecting the Us vs Them mentality in which it's ok to nark on the "enemy" but not ok once the same person has switched sides. Many have suggested that Marty Rathbun is not automatically forgiven for what he did while in the CoS, now that he's left. Well, same goes for anyone else. Depends on what they did. Depends on what they've changed about themselves and what they've done to make up for their mistakes. But it shouldn't depend on whether they are exes. I probably inferred too much from your statement. Just got me thinking, that's all.

Megalo, please fix your quote. It was not me that said that, it was me quoting Panda saying it - I did not state this. Everything I say is upfront and in public. My name is Sheila Huber. :) Lots of vids and stuff available to see if you Google "Sheila Huber Scientology"

Panda, please answer him.

Magalo - fix the quote please.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Mac, Gottabrain is actually quoting something I said in the second quoted passage above. It might comfort you to know that my 2008 viewpoint being expressed there altered quite radically as time went by and the story has been written up and submitted to the appropriate authorities. I still hold to the idea that the welfare of the people concerned is more important than scoring points against the CofS on a Public Message Board, though.

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
THANKS! :thumbsup: I know very little about this part of it. Can you tell us more?

I was public, on staff for just a few months, never OSA. Most of my time was at Stevens Creek Org. Every year, the DSA organized the Scientology float in the Los Gatos Christmas parade. I think that's where the parade was. The theme of the float was "Say no to drugs" or something like that. TWTH stuff. Great message.

A few years ago, I talked with a DSA (I agreed not to say who). And I also talked with Cyrus Brooks. I had questions, such as "WTF about these coerced abortions?". They both mentioned a number of things they were doing, and I don't remember them all. Cyrus was handing out anti-drug pamphlets. The DSA was meeting with the vice mayor, with some sort of women's group, with the Chamber of Commerce. They sounded very busy with all this public outreach. My response was, you know, great, keep it up, that's not what I have a beef with. And, of course, they could only give distracting no-answers to my tough questions.

Megalo, please fix your quote. It was not me that said that, it was me quoting Panda saying it - I did not state this. Everything I say is upfront and in public. My name is Sheila Huber. :) Lots of vids and stuff available to see if you Google "Sheila Huber Scientology"

Panda, please answer him.

Magalo - fix the quote please.
Hi Sheila. :) I'm Mac Stevens. I fixed up my quote.

Mac, Gottabrain is actually quoting something I said in the second quoted passage above. It might comfort you to know that my 2008 viewpoint being expressed there altered quite radically as time went by and the story has been written up and submitted to the appropriate authorities. I still hold to the idea that the welfare of the people concerned is more important than scoring points against the CofS on a Public Message Board, though.
:thumbsup: