What's new

not sure Im in the right place...

ok, Im not sure Im in the right place and let me tell you why.
I'm not nor have never been a Scientology.
I do however have two member of my family in the church.
One is a kinda prominent, the other less so, but still newsworthy apparently, I'm not sure people even know they are related.

summary of my life as a family member of a Scientology:
my brother was my world. We were raised in a very violent situation after my father cheated on my mum and they divorced. my brother was my protector and no matter what I will always be grateful for that. My father, at a low point in his life was lead to a counselor (Cherie Cebrano, so the rest is pretty obvious here) and he as such led my brother in. Over the last 10 years, I have seen my brother twice I think? My father only about 5 times. He has been married and divorced and Ive never met her.

Why do they advertise they bring families together?
Is my father and brother the exception? are other families brought together?
If Im in the wrong place, let me know, but I can't find anything else to help me here, all I know is that I had a brother I adore, a father I cherished and they are alien to me now. My father is in the sea org in Sydney and my brother works in the Melbourne org.

Im normally better at explaining myself, I feel a little nervous having this been the first time, Ive written about this.
:unsure:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Hey, you came to a good place to find out a lot, if you want to know the truth about Scientology.

Where to begin? LOL

Here's a good thing to know. It often takes a very long time for a Scientologist (decades even) to figure out that Scientology is very, very good at doing these 2 things at the same time.

Smiling and Lying.

Good luck with your search and family.

Last edited:

Sindy

Crusader
ok, Im not sure Im in the right place and let me tell you why.
I'm not nor have never been a Scientology.
I do however have two member of my family in the church.
One is a kinda prominent, the other less so, but still newsworthy apparently, I'm not sure people even know they are related.

summary of my life as a family member of a Scientology:
my brother was my world. We were raised in a very violent situation after my father cheated on my mum and they divorced. my brother was my protector and no matter what I will always be grateful for that. My father, at a low point in his life was lead to a counselor (Cherie Cebrano, so the rest is pretty obvious here) and he as such led my brother in. Over the last 10 years, I have seen my brother twice I think? My father only about 5 times. He has been married and divorced and Ive never met her.

Why do they advertise they bring families together?
Is my father and brother the exception? are other families brought together?
If Im in the wrong place, let me know, but I can't find anything else to help me here, all I know is that I had a brother I adore, a father I cherished and they are alien to me now. My father is in the sea org in Sydney and my brother works in the Melbourne org.

Im normally better at explaining myself, I feel a little nervous having this been the first time, Ive written about this.
:unsure:

Okay. I'm supposed to be working and I am logging in just to talk to you because you are brave.

Would it be okay if I asked you a question? Are they refusing to talk to you? Can you give us a bit more information?

guanoloco

As-Wased
Welcome, Whitetable,

Your experience of hardly seeing your family members is not unique - it's the norm.

You're in the correct place!

Ive got to go feed the kidlets and get them into bed, but will post later replying to Synthia and thanks everyone for the warm welcome and reassurance.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
:welcome: Whitemeat :)p ), I am curious, was it your dad became violent, or was it your mom after they divorced?
And why?

Anyhow, enjoy the space! :cheers:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
yep

Share your story, read FAQ's, start your journey. You have come to the right place. Plenty of ex-scn from Sydney & Melbourne here. :kangaroo:

ok back now, kids happily eating.
it was my mum who became violent, I remember it starting prior to the divorce, so might have been a contributing factor, who knows.

Im not sure what about my life to include.
I know that dad always said that he wasn't aware of what mum was doing, but Im not sure a grown man really is that stupid and naive. He then married the woman (devout kid hater) he had an affair with. Her spouse then became my stepdad (a cronic alcoholic), as he married my mum, they kind of swapped partners.

my brother and I banded together as we were the two that just glided through this mess kind of being forgotten. My mum and step dad then had my sister and it just seemed that we were then annoying, yet my brother was gaining positive attention as he was an umpire now which was what my step dad pushed hard for him to be involved with.
my mum however had a new daughter, so the old one (me) was just a pain to have around)

fast forward to after dad and the "wife" had divorced and he was depressed and as such referred to Cherie. My brother was then going through a really hard time having just had a serious motorcycle accident abroad and I feel he was taken advantage of at this time.

a while ago, I get this call form dad, hes met someone (ok, fair enough), shes two years older than me, (ok, pretty crappy, same age as brother then) and he surprises me by putting her on the phone. I have to act nice, while being really annoyed at the same time. Not that it matters, they didnt even get to celebrate a 1 yr anniversary before calling it quits, I never even met her.

I have a family. I have 6 kids aging from 15 this year, to just turned 6 months. the older kids barely remember my brother, the younger kids have no idea who he is, they asked my dad who he was when he came over a few months ago.

Sindy

Crusader
Good Night

Whitetable, I have to go to bed but, you are in good hands. It would be helpful to them, I think, if you still answered my original post, as this will open the dialog and move it along in a direction that will help you.

Thanks for coming here. :hug:

:tobed:

Sindy

Crusader
ok back now, kids happily eating.
it was my mum who became violent, I remember it starting prior to the divorce, so might have been a contributing factor, who knows.

Im not sure what about my life to include.
I know that dad always said that he wasn't aware of what mum was doing, but Im not sure a grown man really is that stupid and naive. He then married the woman (devout kid hater) he had an affair with. Her spouse then became my stepdad (a cronic alcoholic), as he married my mum, they kind of swapped partners.

my brother and I banded together as we were the two that just glided through this mess kind of being forgotten. My mum and step dad then had my sister and it just seemed that we were then annoying, yet my brother was gaining positive attention as he was an umpire now which was what my step dad pushed hard for him to be involved with.
my mum however had a new daughter, so the old one (me) was just a pain to have around)

fast forward to after dad and the "wife" had divorced and he was depressed and as such referred to Cherie. My brother was then going through a really hard time having just had a serious motorcycle accident abroad and I feel he was taken advantage of at this time.

a while ago, I get this call form dad, hes met someone (ok, fair enough), shes two years older than me, (ok, pretty crappy, same age as brother then) and he surprises me by putting her on the phone. I have to act nice, while being really annoyed at the same time. Not that it matters, they didnt even get to celebrate a 1 yr anniversary before calling it quits, I never even met her.

I have a family. I have 6 kids aging from 15 this year, to just turned 6 months. the older kids barely remember my brother, the younger kids have no idea who he is, they asked my dad who he was when he came over a few months ago.

Excuse me if I am too tired to take it all in and ask you something you have already explained but, is your brother in the Sea Org too?

Whitetable, I have to go to bed but, you are in good hands. It would be helpful to them, I think, if you still answered my original post, as this will open the dialog and move it along in a direction that will help you.

Thanks for coming here. :hug:

:tobed:

I didnt know how much info to add, or if I'd already gone too personal.