What's new

poons to Jolie?

johnAnchovie

Still raging
In doing a bit of web search for an article I am putting together on Hubbard, human rights abuses and that slimy, smiley, cult photo op machine, YHRI, I came across this:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/01/prweb336245.htm

text and phot op includes:

Cincinnati, OH (PRWEB) January 23, 2006

Celebrities Isaac Hayes, and Angelina Jolie voice their support in a TV special "Pepsi Everyday Freedom Heroes," which will air on WCPO-TV (Channel 9 in Cincinnati, OH) and in other cities before spring. A Pepsi Everyday Freedom Hero is an individual or group of people who exemplify courage, cooperation and perseverance.

The seven extraordinary people awarded included the founder of Youth for Human Rights International, Mary Shuttleworth and her young son, Taron Lexton. Born in apartheid South Africa, Shuttleworth became aware of human rights injustices at an early age. After relocating to Los Angeles, her own learning disability was the inspiration for starting her first non-profit corporation in 1998, Shuttleworth Leadership Society International (SLSI), with the mission: Inspiration through Education!

and this from Education without borders:

http://www.educationwb.org/?s=mary+shuttleworth

Education Without Borders: Youth for Human Rights recently organized in Geneva the 7th Annual International Human Rights Summit. Which state of affairs do you make after this event?

Dr. Mary Shuttleworth: The 7th Annual International Human Rights Summit highlighted the valuable role of youth in raising awareness about human rights abuses while implementing grassroots huma....

As you well know, Shuttleworth is quite effective at schmoozing African dictators and officials desperate for some pr action, but to have roped in Jolie, of course using poor kids as bait, is a PR backlash just begging to happen. It is the kind of underhand Scientology PR that gets on my goat worse than anything I can think of.

These are all the more discusting considering that I recently had a dear friend of mine relate the story of how her 13 year old sister (Sea Org Cadet) was declared, disconnected from her SO parents - who are even more to blame, as they let it happen - put on a train to the closest city with the clothes on her back and 40 bucks in hand and nothing else. She survived, if it can be called that, by haunting night clubs and being picked up. A thirteen year old child. How I would love to wring Dr. Shuttleworth's neck. :angry:

Anyhoo, I am hoping to get an article published in Ireland about this, maybe some anons could do a spot of pooning in the meanwhile?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Angelina probably knows a bit about Scn from Brad. I would guess that she wasn't aware of the Scn connection with YHRI.

Paul

... These are all the more discusting considering that I recently had a dear friend of mine relate the story of how her 13 year old sister (Sea Org Cadet) was declared, disconnected from her SO parents - who are even more to blame, as they let it happen - put on a train to the closest city with the clothes on her back and 40 bucks in hand and nothing else. She survived, if it can be called that, by haunting night clubs and being picked up. A thirteen year old child. How I would love to wring Dr. Shuttleworth's neck. :angry: ...

I see your statement as a non-sequitur. Wringing the parent's necks I can fully understand. Similarly, those of any number of Sea Org members who contributed to this disgusting instance of child abuse. However, I can see no way in which Shuttleworth bears responsibility for the abuse of this young girl. :confused2:

Mark A. Baker

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I see your statement as a non-sequitur. Wringing the parent's necks I can fully understand. Similarly, those of any number of Sea Org members who contributed to this disgusting instance of child abuse. However, I can see no way in which Shuttleworth bears responsibility for the abuse of this young girl. :confused2:

Mark A. Baker

You missed the point completely.

johnAnchovie

Still raging
poons

Mark A. Baker

Is she not, knowlingly, an important part of the cult pr machine? Pretty obvious connection I would have thought?:confused2:

Kerry

Patron with Honors
I share your anger, johnAnchovie. I also know some folks who were terribly hurt by this filthy "religion."

Absolutely Jolie needs to be informed/reminded(?). It also needs to go viral because everyone needs to know about this fake human rights organization. In this particular case how Scientology seduces celebrities into lending their names and giving their money to their front groups. I would have thought that H'wood folk would be onto these sharks by now (!) and investigate every and all requests for funds to charities.

YHRI is part of a corporate criminal scam. YHRI's founding members need to be investigated regarding human rights abuses. And is. Apparently. Jolie might not have known who she was dealing with back then (despite Brad's [imo limited] Scientology experience).

So yes. 'Poons for sure. One is brewing in my head as I write this..

Youth for Human Rights International is a nonprofit corporation whose purpose is to educate youth in human rights so they become valuable advocates for tolerance and peace. Shuttleworth Leadership Society International is a nonprofit corporation whose purpose is inspiration through education.

Rewrite this small paragraph above, precede it with an introduction, follow it with a paragraph outlining the important facts about Scientology (with links), and send it to other human rights organizations and other news outlets and individuals who need to know. It could be quite short even. Maybe that's best.

In the end, everyone needs to know. I'd say choose your target audience and work from there.

omnom

Patron with Honors
From my end, I'd view this as a potential case of Scn yet again preying on the desire for people to do good in the world. Ms. Jolie has a long history of humanitarian efforts; whether or not one would agree or disagree with them, she does appear to be trying to do the right thing in her mind. I'd think she was hoodwinked into working with a seemingly-noble organization.

I'd be interested if she knew who she was working with, and what she thought of it if/when she found out. I seem to recall her showing interest in the movie adaptation of Atlas Shrugged due in part to her admiration of Ayn Rand's work - Rand and Hubbard are not compatible in any way, to say the least.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dr. Mary Shuttleworth: The 7th Annual International Human Rights Summit highlighted the valuable role of youth in raising awareness about human rights abuses while implementing grassroots huma....

DOCTOR Shuttleworth?

She must have received her degree from the same university as DOCTOR Hubbard!:omg:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire