What's new

What would OSA's prioritites be in 2011?

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Good posts here.

This war is far from over. The FBI case is inactive according to FBI statements unless someone has gotten it active in the last few weeks. M&M are hardly forthcoming about their involvement in exposing scn to the FBI but that is not surprising to any of us. To call anyone OSA is dangerous but to recognize when one is doing something that aids OSA is another thing. Not exposing Scn when one could is equally contributing to OSA's goals.

The history of the many warriors who went to bat against this cult paved the way for so much more being exposed but there was a price paid for that. History shows a battle was fought in the 80s and 90s and some fled to protect themselves from fairgame or from having been fairgamed - but who can blame them? CoS hired PIs like people hire a housecleaner; they sued everyone they could into bankrupcy or worse. They pitted people against one another by using OSA tactics. But many survived and continued on. Knowing the history of the exs is so vital, it amazes me when someone posts something they just found as if they had found a previously unheard of piece of information never read by anyone before.

But the point is that just because it's quiet does not mean OSA is not busy at work. Yes, Ferel, and IMHO, I believe that OSA's priorities in 2011 will be:

1) to continue to go after the few Anonymous antics to prove something was done illegally so they can use these to bolster their position with law enforcement agencies in attacking everything anonymous.

2) Continue to recruit the wavering few and have them make amends by helping to reel in lost members.

3) Continue to have certain 'handler' members try to stiffle the friendships of others with those who have left the flock, ie: via facebook

4) To continue to investigate anyone protesting, by taking photose, getting names, 'finding their crimes' or manufacturing them with the goal to be to try to shutter them into silence, using legal means if necessarily- ie: TROs.

5) To keep doing PR on the internet, in abundance.

Besides all the counter ads all over the media articles denouncing or exposing Scn we have some newer examples:

ie: The other day on AOL there was actually a THIS DAY IN SCIENTIOLOGY plug on front page news that, if clicked, took you to a slew of photo histories promoting Hubbard and the cult. That pissed me off. Certainly they got the idea from Ron Sharp's posting on ARS of his This Day in History collection of news from the past which he has painsakenly store and collected for years.

ie: n attacking the FZ, their use of "Ron's Org in Flag promo they have been flooding the mails with, after copyrighting the name so that the FZ group could not use it. They have done this to keep the sheep in the fold and make the term a Ron's Org theirs.

6) to continue to cause dissension between the various sectors of exs
by use of pawns and trolls. The goal being to slow the progress of people exposing it's crimes and activities.

7) Keep trying to cut communications so people won't be able to read about scn on the internet:

Keep flooding ARS and WWP with troll spammers. ARS is only a hint of what it was and the targets will be to do the same with other forums.

Keep sending in trolls to divert thread topics, cause a topic to end by nonsequitur comments, cause dissension and confuse readers. Keep encouraging illegal or non-scn related activities to try and stem the activities of those trying to work together on important exposing projects.

Keep trying to take down WWP by whatever means necessary whenever a story is about to hit the news or has come up unexpectedly.

Keep spreading rumors knowing that some will act upon them without inspection and therefore do the dirty work of OSA without even knowing they are doing so.

8) encouraging people to call some people OSA so they will not be listened to.

It would be nice if all the exs were on the same page about OSA's long term goals to stop all activities in the 'field'. The fact is, we are all enemies of OSA. The quiet and the loud ones, the protester, the Indy, the FZer, the average poster here and elsewhere. OSA loves complacency. They love ignorance, stupidity and rumor mongering. Their motto is that 'the price of freedom is constant alertness, constant willingness to fight back' . It would behoove some to think how OSA thinks and keep that in mind when reading and acting. Freedom from Scientology is the stake.

RogerB

Crusader
AnonMary,

Bloody brilliant post, mate!

It's a keeper, to be kept in mind :p :yes:

It really states the orders of importance and priorities so succinctly.

Rog

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
:thumbsup:

Great perceptions and writeup Mary!

We ALL need to keep in mind this bunch - OSA, its' legal cohorts and P.I. minions make up an evil serpent we must slay - with our collective foot on its' throat and sword in our hand, chopping off its head and confirming its' death.

It ain't over until the midget squeals.

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
Good posts here.

This war is far from over...

Fantastic post AnonyMary and I couldn't agree more.

This war is certainly not over, we are in constant battle, we rework the battleplan to move forward on exposing the crimes and antics of this cult.

The cult has weathered a many a storm, in the 70's, 80's and 90's and it revamped and resurfaced with a bigger and better PR machine.

OSA works endless hours, after all they are SO members so working 20+ hours a day is a normal day at the office. Any ground they make is celebrated and any dissension in our ranks is applauded.

When we expose our weaknesses they pounce and work it hard causing more disruption to our own purpose.

My mother always said 'never air your dirty laundry'. There has been a number of times individuals have let rip on ESMB and to the point of devouring our own and for what... so OSA can have a win.

We all need to be aware and continuingly reminded of the psychological games the cult are able to play and play well, we are after all involved in psychological warfare.

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
<cut>

But the point is that just because it's quiet does not mean OSA is not busy at work. Yes, Ferel, and IMHO, I believe that OSA's priorities in 2011 will be:

<cut>

Keep flooding ARS and WWP with troll spammers. ARS is only a hint of what it was and the targets will be to do the same with other forums.

<cut>

Just a point here regarding ARS. It makes it sound like CO$ was a success in their targeting of ARS and brought it to its knees. Nothing could be further from the truth. CO$/O$A has had nothing to do with the demise of ARS. Usenet newsgroups (such as ARS et al) have all dwindled to practically nothing due to the rise of WWW, which is what most people understand as the "Internet." This includes the popular rise of fora sites such as this one. Usenet is for all practical purposes an unknown territory for general, everyday computer users of today.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Thanks to all for the compliments :)

Just a point here regarding ARS. It makes it sound like CO$ was a success in their targeting of ARS and brought it to its knees. Nothing could be further from the truth. CO$/O$A has had nothing to do with the demise of ARS. Usenet newsgroups (such as ARS et al) have all dwindled to practically nothing due to the rise of WWW, which is what most people understand as the "Internet." This includes the popular rise of fora sites such as this one. Usenet is for all practical purposes an unknown territory for general, everyday computer users of today.

I disagree in part. Have you posted there regularily in the last 4 years? If you did then you would know it was a concerted effort by CoS to infiltrate the group with high intensity posting spammers and trolls. Many posters to ARS were sick of sifting through the spam and trolls and found the newer forums a nicer environment to post in. So,the addition of other forums on the net had some to do with it and I'm certain CoS did not intend for some of the flock to leave ARS only to float to newer forums but they did.

OCMB was spammed and trolled alot and the list was closed for a long time because of it. All that existed was ARS until WWP and ESMB came along. Ask andreas if tht was just a coincidence with the WWW. I doubt it.

I understand what you mean about the WWW in general. In the case of ARS, however, Google Groups actually made it near impossible to find ARS posts and took most of them out of google web search. Sometimes posts are archgived under author profiles for weeks. Some posters have backed up the whole thing up to the mid 2000s for safekeeping during other attempts to wipe out posts but after the infiltration of uber spammers & trolls, regular posters dwindled in number and concern. That is what OSA wanted.

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
Thanks to all for the compliments :)

I disagree in part. Have you posted there regularily in the last 4 years? If you did then you would know it was a concerted effort by CoS to infiltrate the group with high intensity posting spammers and trolls. Many posters to ARS were sick of sifting through the spam and trolls and found the newer forums a nicer environment to post in. So,the addition of other forums on the net had some to do with it and I'm certain CoS did not intend for some of the flock to leave ARS only to float to newer forums but they did.

OCMB was spammed and trolled alot and the list was closed for a long time because of it. All that existed was ARS until WWP and ESMB came along. Ask andreas if tht was just a coincidence with the WWW. I doubt it.

I understand what you mean about the WWW in general. In the case of ARS, however, Google Groups actually made it near impossible to find ARS posts and took most of them out of google web search. Sometimes posts are archgived under author profiles for weeks. Some posters have backed up the whole thing up to the mid 2000s for safekeeping during other attempts to wipe out posts but after the infiltration of uber spammers & trolls, regular posters dwindled in number and concern. That is what OSA wanted.

Understood, Mary. My assertion that the inept [imho] Co$/O$A had no effect was perhaps overstated but I still think that, mainly, they were just exploiting and exacerbating the existing technical weakness [dealing with spam] that had long plagued all the newsgroups, particularly the most popular groups in terms of traffic, such as ARS. It has not really been too long, either, that more effective tools for forum software has been developed and improved upon to make the bulletin board/messaging system software administrators' thankless job a bit easier). Usenet was always the "wild, wild west" in terms of content, users, and lack of regulation [usually welcome except for the case of spam and trolling].

As you point out, a real weakness was the breakdown of an efficient long term archival resource, of which Google Groups is a case in point. I haven't kept up with the subject's technology, not having any real need or interest in long term newsgroup archiving but I can understand the problems encountered by those who are. With the demise of Usenet newsgroups in general there is just no incentive to further develop in that area.