What's new

Bill Frank's story about blackmail

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
In addition to the allegations about OWs vs ARC-Xs, Bill Franks has provided remarkable information about the depths to which L Ron Hubbard would stoop to protect his racket.

In sworn testimony before a Judge in a 2002 legal case against Scientology, Bill spoke in depth about PC Folders. He stated that there was strict policy in regard to the priest/penitent nature of the folders and that Scientologists were assured their information was safe. Yet, despite the policy and assurances, PC Folders were routinely culled:
. . . <snip> . . . Bill Franks: Well, we spent thousands of hours on the ship redacting folders, PC folders that would compromise Hubbard, for example, where people had seen Hubbard do something and it got into the PC folder, just in case the PC folder should fall into the wrong hands. I mean, that would be an example that I would know of.

Q: All right. And would taking something out of a member's PC folder and destroying it be a violation of the written policy?

Bill Franks: Yes . . . <snip> . . .

And, not only were the PC Folders culled, they were also routinely inspected for details which could be used against disaffected members of the cult.

. . . <snip> . . . Q: Is there any time that, according to Mr. Hubbard's policies, where PC folder material could be used to question the person whose PC folder it is at a deposition, and make it public?

Bill Franks: Sure.

Q: And how so? Under what circumstance?

Bill Franks: A guy who was considered to be an enemy of the church. Many times, on board the ship, Hubbard would have -- I mean, he sent me instructions to go through the PC Folder, list all the -- in Scientology parlance, list all the crimes, being anything that can be used on the PC, such as if he smoked pot or whatever, and list those out and -- and use those or give them to an attorney. I mean, that was <snip> pretty common practice, or was back then.

Meanwhile, here in 2011, Scientology apologists and those who themselves were directly responsible for carrying out PC Folder data harvesting, rail against the injustice of it all. Irony, much?

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
Since the 80's auditors have been made to run "I am not auditing you" security checks and then write up all of the transgressions and send them to the MAA. This makes it easy for anyone opening the folder to see all of the crimes or overts and they can do with them what they want. You no longer have to go through the folder and cull anything as it has already been done for you by the auditor.

G

Gottabrain

Dean, it occurred to me that the security checks are illegal then. It is a pointed use of the emeter NOT as a religious device, which is in direct violation of the FDA rules on its use (which are printed on every emeter LOL!)

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
snipped from OP (my emphasis)

In sworn testimony before a Judge in a 2002 legal case against Scientology, Bill spoke in depth about PC Folders. He stated that there was strict policy in regard to the priest/penitent nature of the folders and that Scientologists were assured their information was safe. Yet, despite the policy and assurances, PC Folders were routinely culled:

Tubs wanted to have dirt files on everyone (just in case he needed it later) and the auditors and HCO were trained for this very purpose ... they were really interested in dirt.

Apparently Rex Fowler did something like 22 intensives of dirt hunting (they call it sec checking) prior to being allowed to get onto solo nots?

I am shaking my head in astonishment at the stupidity of it all.

:unsure:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Since the 80's auditors have been made to run "I am not auditing you" security checks and then write up all of the transgressions and send them to the MAA. This makes it easy for anyone opening the folder to see all of the crimes or overts and they can do with them what they want. You no longer have to go through the folder and cull anything as it has already been done for you by the auditor.

The r-factor "I am not auditing you" is a good start.

Even more helpful would be the r-factor before an auditing session, "I am not necessarily helping you."

Dean, it occurred to me that the security checks are illegal then. It is a pointed use of the emeter NOT as a religious device, which is in direct violation of the FDA rules on its use (which are printed on every emeter LOL!)

That's an excellent point, since the E-Meter is supposedly a religion artifact to be used strictly for religious services, the sect checks are religious services and have to remain confidential, especially if these "I'm now going to use the e-meter to fuck you over sect checks" are being marketed as tax deductible services. The cult can't have it both ways.

Outethicsofficer

As an ex MAA I can say without reservation that all "I am not auditing you" session data is available to the ethics section of the org. PC's were always routed to dept 3 for handlings from those sessions.

Other than that I was never in receipt of O/Ws from other types of sessions, but then the CS I had dealings with was in the main, a wonderful gentleman, Peter Sparshott. He would route someone to me for handling if necessary, but it was over to me to find the situation through conversation with the PC, no session data.

But I had my way of getting confessions from people...:smack:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
As an ex MAA I can say without reservation that all "I am not auditing you" session data is available to the ethics section of the org. PC's were always routed to dept 3 for handlings from those sessions.

Other than that I was never in receipt of O/Ws from other types of sessions, but then the CS I had dealings with was in the main, a wonderful gentleman, Peter Sparshott. He would route someone to me for handling if necessary, but it was over to me to find the situation through conversation with the PC, no session data.

But I had my way of getting confessions from people...:smack:

You knew you were supposed to find something though (and could verify it with Sparshott later)!

And ... the PC knew what you were looking for (as he had apparently just coughed up some hideous deed)!

LOL.

I wonder why they didn't realise that Rex Fowler (after 22 intensives ... ie 275 hours was a very naughty boy and sling him out prior to him murdering someone ... (apart from the obvious reasons that is).

:yes:

Outethicsofficer

You knew you were supposed to find something though (and could verify it with Sparshott later)!

And ... the PC knew what you were looking for (as he had apparently just coughed up some hideous deed)!

LOL.

I wonder why they didn't realise that Rex Fowler (after 22 intensives ... ie 275 hours was a very naughty boy and sling him out prior to him murdering someone ... (apart from the obvious reasons that is).

:yes:

Damn and i thought it was due to a good :smack: Well that is a disapppointment:bigcry:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Police Polygraphs

The r-factor "I am not auditing you" is a good start.

Even more helpful would be the r-factor before an auditing session, "I am not necessarily helping you."

Helluva Hoax.

There is nothing RELIGIOUS about the UGLY OVERWHELMING "Sec Checking". It is not done for Religious purposes at all. It is done for INTELLIGENCE reasons. It is often done on OSA and RTC orders.

More accurately it should be called Police Polygraphing.

The label behind the Emeter states that it is only for use for religious purposes by a Church of Scientology minister.

In complete violation of the Food and Drug Administration
the meter is used to TORTURE, INTROVERT, MIND F@^CK
public and staff by many that are NOT ordained ministers
i.e. RTC and OSA sec checkers, and others who use the meter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-meter

+++++Gang Bang sec checking, is when 3 -5 staff members yell at you for your CRIMES while you hold the cans.

++++You can be hauled out of bed in the early hours of the morning as I was, and sec checked unmercifully ~~

+++++"NOT auditing you" R-factor can be Retro-active

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my 6 months of pure hell at INT BASE, I was summoned to Qual from the Carpentry shop where I was on the "decks" doing heavy manual labor. A surge of happiness welled up in me. I thought I would be permitted to attest and leave the base. I had already been through 60 days up there.

In Qual, I was asked to pick up the cans.

"This is the R-factor from the CS. You were previously given a forgiveness for your overts. This is now canceled.
Anything you previously said in your confessionals, and anything you will futuristically say in your confessionals will be used in a forthcoming Committee of Evidence"

"You may put the cans down."

It was a sledgehammer.
It meant I was not going to escape INT BASE.
My car keys had been confiscated.
I felt I had no way out.​

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Helluva Hoax.

There is nothing RELIGIOUS about the UGLY OVERWHELMING "Sec Checking". It is not done for Religious purposes at all. It is done for INTELLIGENCE reasons. It is often done on OSA and RTC orders.

The label behind the Emeter states that it is only for use for religious purposes by a Church of Scientology minister.

+++++Gang Bang sec checking, is when 3 -5 staff members yell at you for your CRIMES while you hold the cans.

++++You can be hauled out of bed in the early hours of the morning as I was, and sec checked unmercifully ~~

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my 6 months of pure hell at INT BASE, I was summoned to Qual from the Carpentry shop where I was on the "decks" doing heavy manual labor. A surge of happiness welled up in me. I thought I would be permitted to attest and leave the base. I had already been through 60 days up there.

"This is the R-factor from the CS. You were previously given a forgiveness for your overts. This is now canceled.
Anything you previously said in your confessionals, and anything you will futuristically say in your confessionals will be used in a forthcoming Committee of Evidence"

It was a sledgehammer.

:angry:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Helluva Hoax.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a sledgehammer.

What a nightmare!!!

"R-factors" were often the tiny invisible threads that allowed us all to be tied down in Gulliveresque fashion in the first place...

gullivers-travels.jpg

Reality factors. Whose reality? Everyone needs to L & N that one for themselves.

Once when I was already on OT VII, I was C/Sed to buy some intensives of "eligibility auditing". I didn't want to go near that because it felt like an abyss that I would fall into and never see daylight again.

I was called in for a D of P interview and given my C/S's factor: "If you don't get these intensives you are not going to make it!"

I was stunned. I am going to die? What???

I never did those intensives.

Last time I checked I was not dead.

Sure, someone can spin that to mean that I was "not going to make it" up the Bridge. But, every Scientologist knows what that means.

In writing this post, it occurred to me that there were "earlier similar" R-Factors that set the entire trap in motion.

R-Factors like KSW.

R-Factors like Clear, OT and Total Freedom.

Once you buy into the R-Factor, everything that happens after that is on auto-pilot.

The process of unwinding this mess is to undo those earliest foundational R-Factors from Scientology--and reclaim the power and majesty of one's own reality.

FoTi

Crusader
Helluva Hoax.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a sledgehammer.

Geeezuz :faint:

Mystic

Crusader
Don't worry. It's scientology and its tech is for the purpose of messing you up so you are a complete whimp of a being whether it's "auditing" or "confessional" or whatever term is used to cover the specious content.

So what else is new?

FoTi

Crusader
What a nightmare!!!

"R-factors" were often the tiny invisible threads that allowed us all to be tied down in Gulliveresque fashion in the first place...

gullivers-travels.jpg

Reality factors. Whose reality? Everyone needs to L & N that one for themselves.

Once when I was already on OT VII, I was C/Sed to buy some intensives of "eligibility auditing". I didn't want to go near that because it felt like an abyss that I would fall into and never see daylight again.

I was called in for a D of P interview and given my C/S's factor: "If you don't get these intensives you are not going to make it!"

I was stunned. I am going to die? What???

I never did those intensives.

Last time I checked I was not dead.

Sure, someone can spin that to mean that I was "not going to make it" up the Bridge. But, every Scientologist knows what that means.

In writing this post, it occurred to me that there were "earlier similar" R-Factors that set the entire trap in motion.

R-Factors like KSW.

R-Factors like Clear, OT and Total Freedom.

Once you buy into the R-Factor, everything that happens after that is on auto-pilot.

The process of unwinding this mess is to undo those earliest foundational R-Factors from Scientology--and reclaim the power and majesty of one's own reality.

Really good post, Hoaxie. :thumbsup: Thanks.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Helluva Hoax.

[/CENTER][/B]

That is SO FU@KED- greatest good? Most ethical criminals on the planet? The American Inquisition, cancelled? No wonder people protest riot./ARCX MAJOR against dictators ! Dm is going down

FoTi

Crusader
That is SO FU@KED- greatest good? Most ethical criminals on the planet? The American Inquisition, cancelled? No wonder people protest riot./ARCX MAJOR against dictators ! Dm is going down

I hope your prediction happens very soon!!

Veda

Sponsor
Some Scientology Sec Checks: http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/isd/isd-5i.htm. Of course, Sec Checks originated with Hubbard, as did the use of Security Checks, "confessionals," and others forms of data collection, from ethics files to auditing folders, for purposes of manipulation and intimidation, and blackmail.

The horrible truth is that the abuses in Scientology, including those of the 1980s, when Hubbard's number one henchman Miscavige first became widely known to Scientologists, are the result of Hubbard's orders and instructions.

"Miscavige is doing his best to forward Command Intention, which is contained in the huge LRH orders data base of the INCOMM computer system of Scientology." Jesse Prince. http://www.ezlink.com/~perry/CoS/Theology/jesse.htm