What's new

ProsecutorialRant: Rex Fowler-A Scientologist run amuck

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Found this post over at TippingPoint about an very good article on Rex Fowler and Scientology, written by a prosecutor. Covers Fowler and his crime, Tom Ciancio, Scientology fair game and attacks on it's critics, the false promises of OT abilities, suicides in Scientology, Scientology's drive for money... and more
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,6748.msg16451.html#msg16451

[..] Not a book, but here's a blog post by a state prosecutor:

Rex Fowler-A Scientologist run amuck

After just two hours of deliberation, a Colorado jury found Rex Fowler guilty of first-degree murder in the slaying of his former business partner Thomas Ciancio. The case was fairly strait forward and the trial lasted only a few days. There was no question that Fowler killed his business partner; the only question was whether the crime was first or second degree murder. The state claimed the killing was premeditated and intentional; Fowler asserted that Ciancio’s death was not intended but, rather, a tragic accident. He maintained that Ciancio interrupted a botched suicide attempt and was killed in the ensuing melee.

As a practical matter, the jury’s verdict made little difference. His conviction of murder in the first-degree resulted in a mandatory sentence of life imprisonment. Had the jury convicted him of second-degree murder, he was exposed to a maximum penalty of forty-eight years incarceration. At age fifty-nine, it is unlikely that his life expectancy would exceed the likely prison term.

More, including a good history of the criminality of Scientology, at
http://prosecutorialrant.blogspot.com/2011/03/rex-fowler-scientologist-run-amuck.html [..]

Wow!

ps: About the author:

About Me

Vincent J. Dooley
Vincent Dooley has been a state prosecutor in Connecticut since 1987. During that time, he has represented the state in numerous cases in both the trial and appellate courts. He earned his JD from Quinnipiac University School of Law and his LLM from Boston University School of Law. The opinions expressed herein are his own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of any other person or entity.

Last edited:

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great article. and I love this:

judge Breckenridge of the Los Angeles Superior Court wrote “ . . .[scientology], under the pretext of 'freeing humans' is nothing in reality but a vast enterprise to extract the maximum amount of money from its adepts . . . The organization clearly is schizophrenic and paranoid, and the bizarre combination seems to be a reflection of its founder [L. Ron Hubbard].”

elwood

Patron with Honors
Over on Marty's blog he says that Fowler murdered his partner on the orders of the CoS. Spooky.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I hadnt heard of Stephen Brackett, nor the "criminal" OTs,

Isnt it peculiar a crime in the wog world, is nothing per the Scriptures, killing, dropping the insignificant body, but a comma in the wrong place at flag is deemd a crime of magnitude. Is hubbard still relishing his creation?

Fowler and his wife had been dedicated scientologists for several decades; both had attained the revered status of OT. While it is not known how much money the Fowlers donated to the church over this period, by most people’s standards the amount would be staggering. The $150,000 dollar misappropriation apparently was just a drop in the bucket. Earlier in the year, the Fowler’s had sold their home for over a half million dollars. The Fowlers, like many committed scientologists, had financed the ‘Bridge to Total Freedom’ with credit cards, personal loans and mortgages. With the economic downturn in 2008, credit sources dried up and business turned sour. Fowler was not the only scientologist to be stung by the credit crunch and recession. In May, 2009, Stephen Brackett, a successful contractor, was despondent over his financial troubles and jumped several hundred feet to his death in Monterey, CA. He was also an OT(learning to fly?) and had contributed over one million dollars to the church. There are a number of other instances of suicides or attempted suicides among OTs; some resulting from the despondency of financial ruin; others from psychosis attributed to the harmful practices of the religion. Others do not commit suicide but are nonetheless financially ruined by the ‘donations’ made under the constant demands by the church for ‘MORE MONEY’.

Fucking destroyer of souls organisation for the greater good.

RIP STEVEN BRACKETT

How much guilt when you become a downstat after being an upstat, most of us know the penalty for that in scientology, worthless Degraded being.

stevebrackett.jpg

OT“knowing and willing cause over ending life"?

CHRIST!, you know it ain't easy
You know how hard it can be
The way things are goooooing
They're gonna crucify me

The fascinating thing about Brackett’s death is that a Brackett Construction executive, who is a Scientologist, has been telling people for days that Brackett died in a head-on collision. My sources reveal that the cover story is even being told to Brackett’s children and mother. The reason for this lie is to protect the image of Scientology’s exalted state of OT, whom Scientologists believe to have supernatural powers giving them a near, full control over life.

Last edited:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Rant

In November 2009, Nick Xenephon, a member of the Australian Senate, labeled the church of scientology a criminal organization alleging that it engaged in blackmail, torture, violence, labor camps, forced imprisonment, and coerced abortion. He was instrumental in spearheading legislation forming a charities commission charged with ensuring that churches and other charitable organizations are held accountable and satisfy a public benefit test before being afforded charitable status. Such action is long overdue in the United States

AnonyMary

Glad you all are enjoying reading this one. It really is a well written piece
:yes:

I linked to it my blog and hope others will pass it along so it gets out there in large numbers.

ps: To give credit where credit is due, I edited the OP to include the author's name ( Vincent J Dooley ) and his about me bio.

Last edited:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Over on Marty's blog he says that Fowler murdered his partner on the orders of the CoS. Spooky.

Well, Martyworld is Martyworld - but - it wouldn't be the first time Scientology has ordered murder:

r245.jpg

AnonyMary

This is bizarre...

Rex Fowler – Anatomy of a Miscavige “Win”
Posted on March 9, 2011
by martyrathbun09| 49 Comments
”Religion without humanity is poor human stuff.”

– Sojourner Truth, speech, Battle Creek, Michigan, 1877

Rex Fowler was convicted of First Degree Murder in Denver a couple of weeks ago. Here are some short news summations of the trial:

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_17486754

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/26998170/detail.html

Here is what the jurors and the media did not find out about Rex. Rex Fowler was manipulated into sacrificing himself for a First Degree Murder conviction to cover David Miscavige’s sorry ass.

I know the facts that follow from the several witnesses OSA took measures to make sure never saw the light of the court room. I’ll continue to respect their wishes to remain unknown for their own protection. However, if I am sued for libel, I know who to subpoena and like the OJ case we’ll let play out in the civil arena what Miscavige made sure never made it to the criminal court house.

Rex was an on-lines, active “OT VII” in Scientology Inc. Rex was – like most on “OT VII” lines at Flag in recent years - under constant, intense, even extreme pressure to leverage his personal and business life in order to fill Miscavige’s coffers. He had leveraged his own business much like “OT VIII” Dr. Juan Villareal of Harlingen Texas had. See: http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/how-radical-scientology-rips-off-medicaid/

Exacerbating matters for Rex were two more factors. First, he was also under mind-bending Scientology Inc pressure because of his contribution to creating a Gay Scientologist community on the net. Second, he had Scientology Inc affiliated handlers directly on his business lines making the Scientology Inc financial demand even more up front and personal.

The victim of the murder, Fowler’s associate Thomas Ciancio, was a vocal critic of Rex’s siphoning money from the company to keep up with demands from Scientology Inc. Shortly before the murder Rex was commanded by a Scienology Inc bot to “terminatedly handle” Thomas. Shortly after Rex put three bullets into Mr. Ciciano at nearly point blank range.

OSA sent a number of missions to Denver since the murder to be sure the above facts never saw the light of day.

OSA set up a ”handlers” unit to keep constant surveillance on the acts and even the thoughts of Rex Fowler’s widow. Knowing that Fowler was considered non compos mentis – particularly after having put a bullet into his own head after offing Mr. Ciancio - OSA figured Fowler’s widow would effectively wind up calling all the shots with Fowler’s lawyers. Witnesses were influenced to stay quiet, stay under the radar, and make themselves scarce.

Two facts reported on in the stories referenced above demonstrate the success of Miscavige’s OSA Cover Up missions:

a. Fowler plead not-guilty of First Degree murder, because he couldn’t have planned it since he had only ever expressed intent to kill himself, not another.

b. Fowler’s lawyers presented NO witnesses.

CONTRARY FACTS. OMMITTED DATA.

The perfect cover up. Fowler’s only viable defense was contained in the facts shared here; that he was under mind-numbing pressure by Scientology Inc to not only create the expressed antogonism of Mr. Ciancio but also at the same time to “put it to rest.” The attorneys’ asses were covered by arguing a lesser charge (2nd Degree Murder) applied to facts that were uncontestable: Rex Fowler shot Thomas Ciancio dead in cold blood. By keeping any truthful testimony from the lawyers about what really went down with Rex, the lawyers couldn’t present a credible defense as that would have exposed the destructive greed that Scientology Inc has become. So, by making up an unsupported defense the attorneys could not be accused of not being in their clients’ corner even while they performed the absurdity of arguing a case with no evidence to support it.

Only one party to all this was happy with the outcome: David Miscavige’s Scientology Inc. This is the anatomy of a Miscavige “win.” Who won? Fowler? His widow? His family? The deceased victim? The victim’s family?

No, I am afraid that the game directed by Miscavige is the game in which everyone loses.

First Degree Murder requires premeditation and malice aforethought. The only cold-blooded premeditation and malice aforethought that occured in connection with State of Colorado vs. Rex Fowler occurred between the temples of David Miscavige and his intelligence network (Office of Special Affairs).

Rex, like everyone else on this planet, is responsible for his own actions. But there is another contrary fact in all this that just makes the Fowler case not add up. And that is this. I have heard from a number of people who knew Rex in better times. To a one they described him as a loving, caring person. To them, to Rex and to Rex’s family, and especially to Thomas Ciancio and his family and friends – our condolences and may peace be with you all.
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/03/09/rex-fowler-anatomy-of-a-miscavige-win/

Not sure if he's gonna post my comment, so I will post it here for speculation:

Marty, can you explain what you mean by this?

[..] First, he was also under mind-bending Scientology Inc pressure because of his contribution to creating a Gay Scientologist community on the net.[..]
Keith Relkin is a longtime gay scientologist who in 2000 first brought to the internet and attempted to cultivate what is now a now short lived 'gay Scientologist community', not Rex Fowler. Keith was openly gay as far back as the mid 80's and tried to get corrected for years until he finally gave up. That was when this article came out:
I'M HERE, I'M QUEER, I'M A SCIENTOLOGIST
http://www.liveandgrow.org/fab-scn.html
What did Fowler have to do with this?

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
What can you say, we know Miscavige as the leader is hell bent on getting money.It is backed up in the scriptures, Obsessed by it , it monitors the direction of where and what is happening in CofS.

and the sheer pressure to do 'GOOD" is killing these guys.

Def want to hear about the dirty nasty lowly Homosexual stuff that is: sexual activity unbecoming of a Scn ,that Ron depised and passed on for others to despise in his name.

You think the Purists were Pure???
.Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day.confusious

AnonyMary

What can you say, we know Miscavige as the leader is hell bent on getting money.It is backed up in the scriptures, Obsessed by it , it monitors the direction of where and what is happening in CofS.

and the sheer pressure to do 'GOOD" is killing these guys.

Def want to hear about the dirty nasty lowly Homosexual stuff that is: sexual activity unbecoming of a Scn ,that Ron depised and passed on for others to despise in his name.

You think the Purists were Pure???
.Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day.confusious

What are you saying? That Rex is gay?

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
What are you saying? That Rex is gay?

No , i am not saying that Rex is gay, but im waiting on proof that he helped a gay site establish itself. The degree an organisation will protect itself and enforce or inhibit its members from activities the organisation cannot accept , when the founder knew well, trying to stop, hold down, suppress something only increased any urgings of it.I just like to see things like this exposed(no pun intended)

Marty said
First Rex, he was also under mind-bending Scientology Inc pressure because of his contribution to creating a Gay Scientologist community on the net.

I would say either money or resources wise.

The statement do you think the purists were pure, is on one of LRon lectures(c 1960), about how the purists had tons and tons and tons of rules everybody had to follow to be pure, in the same lecture LRon said its dangerous, he wouldnt make so many rules, and if he did start to ,make lots of rules, on what is wrong and right ,as too many rules makes life rigid and too easy to break the rules and fall into traps of regret, that it was a warning sign and to get the hell away from it, as its dangerous to be told , how to live. Then Lron wrote up Ethics codes extensive justice codes, the sea org codes, etc ad infinitum.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

No , i am not saying that Rex is gay, but im waiting on proof that he helped a gay site establish itself. The degree an organisation will protect itself and enforce or inhibit its members from activities the organisation cannot accept , when the founder knew well, trying to stop, hold down, suppress something only increased any urgings of it.I just like to see things like this exposed(no pun intended)

Marty said
First Rex, he was also under mind-bending Scientology Inc pressure because of his contribution to creating a Gay Scientologist community on the net.

I would say either money or resources wise.

The statement do you think the purists were pure, is on one of LRon lectures(c 1960), about how the purists had tons and tons and tons of rules everybody had to follow to be pure, in the same lecture LRon said its dangerous, he wouldnt make so many rules, and if he did start to ,make lots of rules, on what is wrong and right ,as too many rules makes life rigid and too easy to break the rules and fall into traps of regret, that it was a warning sign and to get the hell away from it, as its dangerous to be told , how to live. Then Lron wrote up Ethics codes extensive justice codes, the sea org codes, etc ad infinitum.

Oh, ok. So we are asking him the same question. :) Thing is, there is no gay scientologist community on the internet, lol. Not any longer, unless they are 'anonymous'. :whistling:

By the way, I used this blog article in the OP as a website link in my signature when I posted to Marty's blog tonite ( in reply to his reply to another) and he went ballistic, lol :

martyrathbun09 | March 10, 2011 at 3:03 am | Reply

Where did they come up with the defense that Rex was suicidal? And where were the witnesses?

Mary McConnell | March 10, 2011 at 3:28 am | Reply
He shot himself after killing Ciancio. It’s a suicide attempt by definition. Witnesses are not necessary when the facts and evidence support what happened.

martyrathbun09 | March 10, 2011 at 3:36 am | Reply
Having read your generality spewing hateful account at the link you provide, I can only say your comments here are hypocritical.

Mary McConnell | March 10, 2011 at 3:48 am | Reply

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Excuse me? That is not my site, nor my article.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/03/09/rex-fowler-anatomy-of-a-miscavige-win/#comment-110445

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
HATEFUL is the new SP button, you hit it when someone doesnt agree.

I may not agree with Marty, but i dont consider he is a hater.

I dont know what the truth is i wasnt there and neither was marty, it certainly appears like a suicide.

The possible blackmail over Rex for contributions to CofS may have been his contribution to a friends homosexual site that may have disappeared under a kilt. That would be an interesting article. Im still waiting to hear back about the Rumour flying around that Tom Cruise alledged activity being exposed.
Not because i see as wrong activity, just another hypocrisy to expose.

Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have.
Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a lie.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't know of an address for Rex, and I think that he could use our support.

After all, if he did decide to come out about what he was ordered, that'd be huge.

Jump

Operating teatime
I don't know of an address for Rex, and I think that he could use our support.

After all, if he did decide to come out about what he was ordered, that'd be huge.

Srsly, do we have any evidence he is not a blithering idiot after shooting away some of his brain? Of course, people do sometimes fully recover from horrific injuries. Did Rex make any public statements?