What's new

Israeli org made two IAS qoutas

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
It means with high persuasion and reactive selling techiques someone(s) donated a lot of money and believe it will be used to save the planet but in actuality will be used to build more buildings or pay for lawyers to attack the independant field or objectors of CofS, and the donors will get a tshirt or pin to show off their exteme abilities to max out credit cards.Others will marvel at how the great OT is and dismiss the fact these abilities were present prior to involvement with CofS, time to do a Financial Plan battle attack, and deliver an effective blow to the debt collectors, CofS have a rundown for that, turn their back tech and grant attention on upstats who arent out ethics being insolvent bringing the team down. Compromise under peer pressure and be compromised.

A

Annonny

I have absolutely no idea what that means,
but that's what my scilo friend seems to think:confused2::eyeroll:

Anyway, just thought it was worth mentioning.

What's IAS? How many members do they have in Israel?

Scientology in Israel has been calling itself "the Organization of Scientology" and is mainly active under different names, such as "the Hubbard Institute for Business", "GIT Consulting for Managers; "Horizons", "Sol Initiative and Training", "Wise", "Aviv Consulting", "Success", "The Art of Managing", "Enterprise", "Com Line" and my personal favourite "Organization for Peace and Security in the Middle East".
I'm guessing they have so many front organizations because they are defined in Israel as a cult.

freethinker

Sponsor
You were not in Scientology?

IAS is International Association of SCientologists. You can't be in Scientology without knowing who they are, even if you were only there for one week.

Scientology in Israel has been calling itself "the Organization of Scientology" and is mainly active under different names, such as "the Hubbard Institute for Business", "GIT Consulting for Managers; "Horizons", "Sol Initiative and Training", "Wise", "Aviv Consulting", "Success", "The Art of Managing", "Enterprise", "Com Line" and my personal favourite "Organization for Peace and Security in the Middle East".
I'm guessing they have so many front organizations because they are defined in Israel as a cult.

A

Annonny

You were not in Scientology?

IAS is International Association of SCientologists. You can't be in Scientology without knowing who they are, even if you were only there for one week.

That is correct, I was never in Scientology. I'm just trying to bring them down because they are evil.

What kind of quotas do they have? I'm Israeli, so it's troubling to me if Scientology is recruiting many people in Israel. We have enough issues without those evil wackos.

pnut

Patron
It means with high persuasion and reactive selling techiques someone(s) donated a lot of money and believe it will be used to save the planet but in actuality will be used to build more buildings or pay for lawyers to attack the independant field or objectors of CofS, and the donors will get a tshirt or pin to show off their exteme abilities to max out credit cards.Others will marvel at how the great OT is and dismiss the fact these abilities were present prior to involvement with CofS, time to do a Financial Plan battle attack, and deliver an effective blow to the debt collectors, CofS have a rundown for that, turn their back tech and grant attention on upstats who arent out ethics being insolvent bringing the team down. Compromise under peer pressure and be compromised.

Oh god.. yeah, I thought it was something like that. When I saw that message (my friend proudly displayed it on her Skype status), all I could see
was "money, money, money, money, money!!"
It sickens me that my friend, whom I knew well, is now into scn-lingo
of power..and of course, money:angry:

Scientology has indeed been defined as a cult in Israel by the Knesset, but as it turns out, even in the Knesset there are people who engage with the works of Hubbard.
I haven't been able to figure out how many israelis are in fact scientologists, but the number is surprisingly large for such a small country. There are also many people who are public and "just" take courses, and as much as I could gather, the indie scene is also active there.
*sigh*

A

Annonny

Oh god.. yeah, I thought it was something like that. When I saw that message (my friend proudly displayed it on her Skype status), all I could see
was "money, money, money, money, money!!"
It sickens me that my friend, whom I knew well, is now into scn-lingo
of power..and of course, money:angry:

Scientology has indeed been defined as a cult in Israel by the Knesset, but as it turns out, even in the Knesset there are people who engage with the works of Hubbard.
I haven't been able to figure out how many israelis are in fact scientologists, but the number is surprisingly large for such a small country. There are also many people who are public and "just" take courses, and as much as I could gather, the indie scene is also active there.
*sigh*

Unfortunately Israelis are suckers for all sorts of "spiritual" things. At some point, it was extremely popular going to India and joining an ashram for 3-6 months. Or going to Bolivia and taking the San Pedro hallucinative; then it was the Kaballah. So I suppose Scientology is the new thing.

The Kneset (Israeli parliament) had an investigation into cults and came up with fairly bad stuff about Scientology. Unfortunately, this investigation took place in 1989. I'd say it's about time for a new one.

I still don't understand what quote the Israeli orgs met. Quotas of what?

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Pnut the quota will be numerical, either in shekels or people.

Chances are it will be shekels, in fact it's probably a couple of Patrons, can't remember how much that is, but it's a lot, and for most Israeli's an impossible figure. Most people would have to lie to their banks to get that kind of money, unless they are super rich kosher sausage makers.

But a stat is a stat, if you sell an annual membership for a couple of hundred dollars and the next week you sell two you are upstat. Hence my joke earlier about selling two memberships.

As long as the graph is going upwards ethics can't touch you, it doesn't matter if goes from 1 to 2, or 1million to 2million.

Sindy

Crusader
Every week , every Scientology organization has quotas to met for the IAS. Every week. However, at certain times of the year, there are massive membership and honor status drives. At these times, the organizations are given huge quotas, all in relation to the size of the field of that particular organization.

When they say (whoever they are) that they met their IAS quotas, it usually means that somewhere between one and two hundred thousand has been raised (for a larger Class V Org). When we're talking about the Advanced Orgs or Celebrity Centre International, we're talking quotas of millions of dollars.

These quotas are given to these organizations basically from David Miscavige himself, disguised as upper management.

A

Annonny

Every week , every Scientology organization has quotas to met for the IAS. Every week. However, at certain times of the year, there are massive membership and honor status drives. At these times, the organizations are given huge quotas, all in relation to the size of the field of that particular organization.

When they say (whoever they are) that they met their IAS quotas, it usually means that somewhere between one and two hundred thousand has been raised (for a larger Class V Org). When we're talking about the Advanced Orgs or Celebrity Centre International, we're talking quotas of millions of dollars.

These quotas are given to these organizations basically from David Miscavige himself, disguised as upper management.

What a total busienss enterprise! I'm curious to see the numbers. Israel is a fairly small country - less than seven million. I doubt the Arab population would buying into that Scientology crap. I am also confident that ultra-orthodox Jews won't be buying into it either. That pretty much leaves the secular and ever partying Tel Aviv population.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
As long as the graph is going upwards ethics can't touch you, it doesn't matter if goes from 1 to 2, or 1million to 2million.

I don't know how workable that one is if the stat is in a very low and unviable range. A full-time reg that makes $5 GI one week and $6 the next and $7 the next, etc., isn't going to stay on post very long. I'm sure this is covered in specific PLs, but I'm not going to spend ages looking it up.

Paul

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Paul I think you might be right there, especially for the most important stat of all...Gross Income.

Though I have observed people getting away with low production by having up stats, regardless of viability.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Unfortunately Israelis are suckers for all sorts of "spiritual" things. At some point, it was extremely popular going to India and joining an ashram for 3-6 months. Or going to Bolivia and taking the San Pedro hallucinative; then it was the Kaballah. So I suppose Scientology is the new thing.

The Kneset (Israeli parliament) had an investigation into cults and came up with fairly bad stuff about Scientology. Unfortunately, this investigation took place in 1989. I'd say it's about time for a new one.

I still don't understand what quote the Israeli orgs met. Quotas of what?

Well the Scientology organization there was incorporated as an educational organization - not a religious one - because of the rules against proselytization. There were two missions there, the first was in Be'er Sheva with Shaffee Give'on and then the Tel Aviv mission with Hannah and Mike Shadowsky. Tel Aviv was the one I turned into an Org in 1981.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I have absolutely no idea what that means,
but that's what my scilo friend seems to think:confused2::eyeroll:

Anyway, just thought it was worth mentioning.

((HUGGS)), pnut! It is worth mentioning. Never hesitate to ask around here.

Tell your friend not to use terminology in talking with you which you would not understand unless you wre a scientologist. Or just say " Can you explain that in English ( Or Hebrew)

What a total busienss enterprise! I'm curious to see the numbers. Israel is a fairly small country - less than seven million. I doubt the Arab population would buying into that Scientology crap. I am also confident that ultra-orthodox Jews won't be buying into it either. That pretty much leaves the secular and ever partying Tel Aviv population.

On a side note, not to derail this thread, back in 2008, scientology got busted for an unlicensed kindergartenin Israel. Here are some articles and forums comments about it

Mary

A

Annonny

Well the Scientology organization there was incorporated as an educational organization - not a religious one - because of the rules against proselytization. There were two missions there, the first was in Be'er Sheva with Shaffee Give'on and then the Tel Aviv mission with Hannah and Mike Shadowsky. Tel Aviv was the one I turned into an Org in 1981.

Wow, it's very interesting that the first Scientology center in Israel was established in BeerSheve, a total periphery. So tell me more about those Orgs and the people who run them. Are they evil? Or just delusional?

By the way - it sounds like the business model of always having the stats up is just not workable - growth always stops somewhere. Even for Apple and Google. And they actually have good products.

I have read that the biggest number of cult victims in Israel come from Scientology. However, I really haven't seen many protests against Scientology. I wonder why.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Wow, it's very interesting that the first Scientology center in Israel was established in BeerSheve, a total periphery. So tell me more about those Orgs and the people who run them. Are they evil? Or just delusional?

A lot of scientology groups/missions start off in obscure places - Beersheba happened to be the hometown of Shaffee who got into scientology (IIRC) in Los Angeles. He was a professor of maths at the University of the Negev. he started a group, was persuaded to turn it into a mission - which was, in reality, just a small group that did some basic auditing. Shaffee is (or maybe was I have no idea if he is still alive) and incredibly nice guy. Myself and Mariano (B1 director EU) stayed at his house for the sabbath.

Hannah and Mike Shadowsky ran the Tel Aviv Mission which was much bigger, it was located on the second floor of a place on Dizingoff. Mike was originally from Russia - Hannah is a sabra. The mission had approximately 20 staff when we got there. It was avery friendly place.

By the way - it sounds like the business model of always having the stats up is just not workable - growth always stops somewhere. Even for Apple and Google. And they actually have good products.

true - which is why scientology Orgs ALWAYS fuck up.

I have read that the biggest number of cult victims in Israel come from Scientology. However, I really haven't seen many protests against Scientology. I wonder why.

not sure.

Last edited:
A

Annonny

A lot of scientology groups/missions start off in obscure places - Beersheba happened to be the hometown of Shaffee who got into scientology (IIRC) in Los Angeles. He was a professor of maths at the University of the Negev. he started a group, was persuaded to turn it into a mission - which was, in reality, just a small group that did some basic auditing. Shaffee is (or maybe was I have no idea if he is still alive) and incredibly nice guy. Myself and Mariano (B1 director EU) stayed at his house for the sabbath.

Hannah and Mike Shadowsky ran the Tel Aviv Mission which was much bigger, it was located on the second floor of a place on Dizingoff. Mike was originally from Russia - Hannah is a sabra. The mission had approximately 20 staff when we got there. It was avery friendly place.

I guess this is the Shaffee you're referring to. http://www.linkedin.com/in/shafee

I just found an interesting blog about him (in Hebrew). Apparently he and his friends/colleagues refused to declare that Scientology was a religion and claimed that it was only a philosophy. The ethics office accused him of trying to change the concepts of Scientology, by adding more things to it. He reportedly clashed with the international Scientology and thus was declared an SP back in the 80s. His current website does not mention that he was ever inside the Scientology. He refuses to give any interviews about this topic and has severed all ties with Scientology.
It appears though that he is doing well career wise. He is currently a professor at Beit Berel college.