What's new

Me, Patty, OSA, Gavino & those logs

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Emma that brought a great big lump in my throat.
When you look back from a distance it seems unbelievable that we allowed such things to happen to us. And I don't mean that in the sense of "pulling it in" (ick!) but rather by allowing the little voice inside that says "this is all wrong" to be silenced.

I felt the atmosphere of Melbourne and some of those people who used to be my friends in your writing. OMG the pain of all that.... I am just lucky I was not considered important enough to 'use' or possibly a similar scenario could have happened to me. No doubt about that. I was in a similar situation a few times regarding family, and "there but for the grace of God go I..." The more this is known about, the better!

Please don't be hard on yourself. No nasty words and put downs about you. You have more courage and integrity than many, many people who are supposedly working for the greatest good.

Love ya!!

Div6

Crusader
VVWD Ems.

Pass on personal integrity.

It's weird that you have to leave Scn Inc to continue "case gain", but it is true. It wasn't always this way, but DM has put it over the edge, and there is no going back.

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
Emma, you've done the right thing. That could not have been easy.

Well done on confronting the issue.

Thank you for filling us in on the details.

Isn't it great to be free of the oppressors.? :)

Congratulations.

You have been there for us and I know I am not alone when I say that we are here for you as well.

Just let us know if those creeps give you any more trouble. You don't have to do it all by yourself you know.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
VVWD Ems.

Pass on personal integrity.

It's weird that you have to leave Scn Inc to continue "case gain", but it is true. It wasn't always this way, but DM has put it over the edge, and there is no going back.

Emma is the greatest!:thumbsup: But she doesn't need a scientologese phrase to describe her sense of what is right. In fact, of course, she "flunked" on her own morality, which is why what she did for the OSA caused her so much pain!

Emma is healing just fine and doesn't need more Scn dogma piled onto her. She "flunked" big-time on her "personal integrity" - that is what I read her as saying.

Once she freed herself from the Hubbard dogma, her morality restored (of course!)

Just a correction here Div6: I had to leave the CofS run by LRH in order to "continue to get case gain". It was that way in LRH's time too! I know many people who left from the 60's onwards because Hubbard was preventing them from making "case gain".

Just because DM is the current baddie in the black hat doesn't mean there were not earlier baddies.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Thank you all for your words of encouragement & kindness.

Lately there has been a lot of talk about OSA and their influence.

OSA saw me as a ripe plum ready to be picked. In part it was beyond my control and in part my fault. So they took advantage and a lot of people paid the price.

Not too many people are silly enough to get themselves into my pickle but even if they do, I'm proof that it's not the end of the world.

You'd think that a) because OSA already know me and have access to all my "secrets" already, and b) I started and run ESMB, that I would still be in their sights as a target.

Well let me tell you that I have seen or heard NOTHING from OSA since I sent that email of "disconnection" nearly 2 years ago.

So my guess is that if they don't have enough resources to go after me, the majority of you guys will never be bothered by them.

They really are toothless tigers.

I'm not saying it's impossible or never happens, but I think it's safe to say that today, 99% of people speaking out or leaving Scn will never see or feel the affect of OSA

Last edited:

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron

OSA saw me as a ripe plum ready to be picked. In part it was beyond my control and in part my fault. So they took advantage and a lot of people paid the price.

Not too many people are silly enough to get themselves into my pickle but even if they do, I'm proof that it's not the end of the world.

You'd think that a) because OSA already know me and have access to all my "secrets" already, and b) I started and run ESMB, that I would still be in their sights as a target.

Well let me tell you that I have seen or heard NOTHING from OSA since I sent that email of "disconnection" nearly 2 years ago.

So my guess is that if they don't have enough resources to go after me, the majority of you guys will never be bothered by them.

I'm not saying it's impossible or never happens, but I think it's safe to say that today, 99% of people speaking out or leaving Scn will never see or feel the affect of OSA

:clap:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
..You'd think that a) because OSA already know me and have access to all my "secrets" already, and b) I started and run ESMB, that I would still be in their sights as a target.
Yeah, that worries me actually.. If the reason is that they lack the resources that's really good news.

That's quite a story that has unfolded! - I think you were very brave and courageus in that situation Emma! - And being out in the open with ESMB still..

Damn! - I'm proud of you! - How the hell will DM keep the scam going with ex-scientologists giving him the abominable finger like that?

:hattip: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Terril park

Sponsor

I agree and it is the same for Freezoners also. I've been promoting
" Tech outside COS" including upper levels for 7 years, and OSA has not contacted me about that ever. I've had two cycles with OSA, one a standard "cease and desist" re a domain name using a trademark, and the other where they thought I could give info re the channel 4 TV program.

In fact its nearer 99.9% as far as the FZ goes.

By contrast in 1983 FZers came under heavy attack and threat.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Yeah, that worries me actually.. If the reason is that they lack the resources that's really good news.

That's quite a story that has unfolded! - I think you were very brave and courageus in that situation Emma! - And being out in the open with ESMB still..

Damn! - I'm proud of you! - How the hell will DM keep the scam going with ex-scientologists giving him the abominable finger like that?

:hattip: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Could you please elaborate on why that worries you? I did not quite get your viewpoint there.

Vinaire

Sponsor
OSA has receded into background, primarily because of the swiftness of open communication on Internet.

Boards like ESMB, OCMB, ARS, etc. are very dangerous to them.

They can be back if Internet gets strangled. They could be figuring out ways to do that, if they are intelligent at all.

Maybe its too late for that.

namaste

They can be back if Internet gets strangled. They could be figuring out ways to do that, if they are intelligent at all.

They've tried that and, like most everything else, it backfired on them.

Maybe its too late for that.

In my opinion, the only way for CoS to be effective at all would for them to honestly come clean like Emma did, for example, and start anew without all of the espionage crap.

What do you think the chances of that are?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
They've tried that and, like most everything else, it backfired on them.

In my opinion, the only way for CoS to be effective at all would for them to honestly come clean like Emma did, for example, and start anew without all of the espionage crap.

What do you think the chances of that are?

If 'they' came clean, it would be difficult to run the operation from Leavenworth.

Zinj

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Could you please elaborate on why that worries you? I did not quite get your viewpoint there.
Hmm.. Yes I can.. I did rewrite that excessively to make it good.. Looks like it didn't work :screwy:

..You'd think that a) because OSA already know me and have access to all my "secrets" already, and b) I started and run ESMB, that I would still be in their sights as a target.
OSA will 'probably' do their worst to someone they see as a significant threat. Emma is running this board which is that.. As seen from inside CoS.

Thus I kind of expect that they will do something.

Pattys recent activities looked like that to me.. Now I'm not so sure.. There could be other much less sinister explanations. But I needed to simmer down before seeing them.

I would worry about anyone leaving that cult. They do face threats of Fair Game and the cult has done it repeatedly. Maybe more back in my time. Nobody left without having some idiots from the cult 'striking an effective blow' against them.

So I worry that OSA will come down on Emmas pretty head like a ton of bricks.. I have since this board opened.

I didn't bring it up because it seemed silly to fuel any paranoia... But I greatly admire Emmas courage in this. I feel like watching a gladiator in the middle of the arena waiting for the lions. Gladiator sporting shit eating grin while giving the evil emperor the abominable finger.

The good news is, as Emma points out, they have no resources to do black OPs.

We might expect to see a little lonesome skunk coming out when they open the gate to the lions...

:coffee:

Veda

Sponsor
Hmm.. Yes I can.. I did rewrite that excessively to make it good.. Looks like it didn't work :screwy:

OSA will 'probably' do their worst to someone they see as a significant threat. Emma is running this board which is that.. As seen from inside CoS.

Thus I kind of expect that they will do something.

Pattys recent activities looked like that to me.. Now I'm not so sure.. There could be other much less sinister explanations. But I needed to simmer down before seeing them.

I would worry about anyone leaving that cult. They do face threats of Fair Game and the cult has done it repeatedly. Maybe more back in my time. Nobody left without having some idiots from the cult 'striking an effective blow' against them.

So I worry that OSA will come down on Emmas pretty head like a ton of bricks.. I have since this board opened.

I didn't bring it up because it seemed silly to fuel any paranoia... But I greatly admire Emmas courage in this. I feel like watching a gladiator in the middle of the arena waiting for the lions. Gladiator sporting shit eating grin while giving the evil emperor the abominable finger.

The good news is, as Emma points out, they have no resources to do black OPs.

We might expect to see a little lonesome skunk coming out when they open the gate to the lions...

:coffee:

They have adequate resources to do black ops; let's not be silly; one should be careful and mindful, but not afraid.

The Internet has changed things, and strategically, some actions are now unwise. Scientology Inc. has not reformed, nor is it lacking in resources.

Take reasonable precautions, and carry on. One precaution would be to mirror the entire (or selected) content of the archives of both OCMB and ESMB, if possible.

The main point to be made is that it's safe to post on ESMB and on OCMB.

And that Emma has lots of friends and is doing great and good work.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Take reasonable precautions, and carry on. One precaution would be to mirror the entire (or selected) content of the archives of both OCMB and ESMB, if possible.

I do back up the database regularlyand I have someone trusted who has set up a backup site should something go wrong.

Would I be wrong in thinking that if there was any legal way to shut dowwn ESMB it would already have been attempted? Or am I being naive?