What's new

In Re David Mayo

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The following from Joe Howard over at the other place:

"The real mystery to me is how LRH could have held David Mayo in such high regard in April 1982 that he wrote several long, long dispatches to him about the future of Tech including whether David should set up a corporation separate from church management so tech research would not become commingled with management’s day to day production push, yet by summer of 1982, LRH was calling Mayo the lowest dog on the face of the earth. Makes no sense at all. One month, LRH is putting all the tech into Mayo’s hands. Three months later, he has him running around a tree in the boiling Hemet summer heat. Makes no sense."

I suspect - though I have no proof and I don't think we will ever know the truth of this - is that DM controlled LRH's comm-lines, in and out, sufficiently so that he could feed the old man what he wanted him to know and he controlled even more what came out. I've read elsewhere that he is adept and practices in forgiong the LRH signature. Quite possibly he came out with orders from on high, using which he destroyed any and all opposition to his own take-over.

It is not the first time in history that someone in such a position used it to this purpose.

"The real mystery to me is how LRH could have held David Mayo in such high regard in April 1982 that he wrote several long, long dispatches to him about the future of Tech including whether David should set up a corporation separate from church management so tech research would not become commingled with management’s day to day production push, yet by summer of 1982, LRH was calling Mayo the lowest dog on the face of the earth. Makes no sense at all. One month, LRH is putting all the tech into Mayo’s hands. Three months later, he has him running around a tree in the boiling Hemet summer heat. Makes no sense."

I suspect - though I have no proof and I don't think we will ever know the truth of this - is that DM controlled LRH's comm-lines, in and out, sufficiently so that he could feed the old man what he wanted him to know and he controlled even more what came out. I've read elsewhere that he is adept and practices in forgiong the LRH signature. Quite possibly he came out with orders from on high, using which he destroyed any and all opposition to his own take-over.

It is not the first time in history that someone in such a position used it to this purpose.

Helps to provide a link, Leon.

Mark A. Baker

Veda

Sponsor

It's a shame that telephones hadn't been invented by that time as, then, Hubbard could have spoken to David Mayo on the phone.

Oh that's right, Hubbard was duct taped to a chair and couldn't use a phone.

Since the 1950s, Hubbard was known for writing long letters to people appointing them to this or that, assigning them tasks. He was going to have Helen O'Brien build some device which was going to taken into mental institutions to de-stimulate the insane. There's no sign that O'Brien had any idea of how that would be done. Yet, Hubbard had told her, "You're a this." The next day or next month, Hubbard would change his mind or lose interest, or decide that the person that he had just assigned to some high position or task was working for the enemy.

That was a pattern for over thirty years in Scientology.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's a shame that telephones hadn't been invented by that time as, then, Hubbard could have spoken to David Mayo on the phone.

Oh that's right, Hubbard was duct taped to a chair and couldn't use a phone.

That was a pattern for over thirty years in Scientology.
:D
Maybe Ron just couldnt get a phone installed into the Blue Bird motor home with all the suitcases of Cash stacked up.:D

HuB-Beria knew his angles,the third party KING, plotting whos going to take the heat, will i still be apologised for and Idolised as the greatest, can i get away with that.

Theyll never know how i fooled them all.:ohmy:

lkwdblds

Crusader
Read Veda's post just a two or so days back.

Leon, Veda gave a sound answer much more likely, just a few posts back, which you must have missed.

In the conflict between the mission holders and C of S Int Management, Mayo sided with the mission holders. Hubbard wanted to destroy the Mission holders, resented that they were making money off of his "church" and wanted control of their money. Anyone, and I mean anyone, who opposed Hubbard on this point immediately took on the color of an SP and was to be destroyed. The fact that Mayo had saved Hubbard's life a couple of years earlier and had been appointed as the head of tech, internationally, counted for a big fat zero in Hubbard's eyes.

In fact, the bigger they were, the harder they fell. Mayo, being a huge opinion leader, was attacked with more vengeance than anyone else. Imagine a man such as Mayo running around a maypole the entire day in 115 degree desert heat and having his name being made into the Scn name for traitor and squirrel much like the name of "Quisling", the Norweigan leader who sided with Hitler in WWII has lived ever since as an actual word in the English language, a synonym for traitor and turn coat.

Veda, this is what I got from reading your post a few days back. If I am putting words in your mouth or have misquoted you, please correct me. I want to get this right. Your post filled a big hole in my knowledge of Hubbard and I want to be sure that I got it right.
Lakey

AnonKat

Crusader
Which doesn't address the $3 million dollar figure supposedly given as David Mayo's 'pay off'.

Mark A. Baker

Acording to Rinder it was millions besides the 2,9 or 3 million he got awarded by the court.

Yes I confused the awarded compensation with the Mayo Pay off it seems.

I wonder how many millions

OTDT | April 13, 2011 at 1:57 am | Reply

Mike,
Any idea how much loot Mayo was paid?

mrinder | April 13, 2011 at 2:13 am | Reply

Millions. But then again, he had a costs and fees award of nearly $3 million as I recall.
o
Infinity | April 13, 2011 at 2:47 am | Reply

Not everything is about money Mike. I doubt that was his motivation.
+
mrinder | April 13, 2011 at 2:53 am | Reply

You can doubt all you want Infinity. I handed him the check. Have you spoken to him or are you just here asserting yourself like you have some specal knowledge?
#
Infinity | April 13, 2011 at 3:09 am | Reply

Mike, see my comment above regarding how the money offered was at the end of a period of persecution and an engram. Without the persecution and engram the money bribe would have easily failed and Mayo would likely be still delivering tech and clearing many people.
Lol at infinity using Scientology to explain the Mayo pay off

rhill

Patron with Honors
Where is your Saint Dave noa

motivatorMayo.jpg

What makes you think he was "bought"?

Maybe it was appropriate compensation given what the Church of Scientology put him through?

I'm curious. Have you been on the record before (before Marty uttered his own opinion of David Mayo) as depicting exes who have settled with the Church of Scientology as being "bought" (especially those who settled while Marty Rathbun was busy "handling" legal matters as a high-ranking officer in the Church of Scientology)?

Also, are you aware you are using Marty's silly hyperbole ("Saint") to frame opposing views? Did somebody state David Mayo was a "Saint", or implied he was a "Saint"? If so, quote please.

AnonKat

Crusader
oh yee of little faith

Mayo delivered TYech for Cash and Rathbun deliverd Tech for Cash. It's hypocritical to condemn one for it and make the other into a saint.

So you are saying Mayo, didn't got hushmony to disdsapear.

What makes you think he was "bought"?

Maybe it was appropriate compensation given what the Church of Scientology put him through?

I'm curious. Have you been on the record before (before Marty uttered his own opinion of David Mayo) as depicting exes who have settled with the Church of Scientology as being "bought" (especially those who settled while Marty Rathbun was busy "handling" legal matters as a high-ranking officer in the Church of Scientology)?

Also, are you aware you are using Marty's silly hyperbole ("Saint") to frame opposing views? Did somebody state David Mayo was a "Saint", or implied he was a "Saint"? If so, quote please.

I am looking at both sides. I put the Mayo vids up for that reason as a lot of other videos.

And the on the record thing Good hunting.

Actually

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/deconstructing-the-mayo-myth/#comment-118533

Cat Daddy | April 12, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Reply

I thank him for kicking the CO$ but and I am glad the CO$ alsoo provided him a pension.

rhill

Patron with Honors
So you are saying Mayo, didn't got hushmony to disdsapear.

No, I'm asking you what makes you think he "disdsapear" because of "hushmony"? You know his inner motivations?

Saying that the Church of Scientology has been playing "fast and loose with the judicial system," a federal appeals court has ordered the religious organization to pay nearly $3 million in attorneys fees to a former member it sued after he formed his own splinter group.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ordered the unusual sanction against the church for years of litigation spawned by two 1985 suits it filed against David Mayo and others involved with the Church of the New Civilization.

[Ref.: Scientology told to pay fees in copyright suit]

Did it occur to you that sometimes, after years of Church of Scientology legal assault, people might want to move on once they feel they now have the option to move on?

For a non-Scientologist, it's pretty amazing that you parrot this line out there that those who settled were "bought." No doubt the Church of Scientology is pleased with this parroting, because that is its official position: "Exes sue the Church because they are greedy."

Caliwog

Patron Meritorious
I suspect - though I have no proof and I don't think we will ever know the truth of this - is that DM controlled LRH's comm-lines

More likely that LRH simply soured on Mayo. We have plenty of evidence that the Ol' Man had quite the temper. Ethics and security policy shows that he could be quite the vengeful monster when the mood struck him. DM didn't just come up with this sort of behavior on his own, you know - he learned it from someone.

ML,
Caliwog
http://caliwog.wordpress.com

AnonKat

Crusader
I totaly agree with you . I even have dox to back myself up

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/201...comment-118533

Cat Daddy | April 12, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Reply

I thank him for kicking the CO$ but and I am glad the CO$ alsoo provided him a pension.

lol at self-quote

No, I'm asking you what makes you think he "disdsapear" because of "hushmony"? You know his inner motivations?

Did it occur to you that sometimes, after years of Church of Scientology legal assault, people might want to move on once they feel they now have the option to move on?

For a non-Scientologist, it's pretty amazing that you parrot this line out there that those who settled were "bought." No doubt the Church of Scientology is pleased with this parroting, because that is its official position: "Exes sue the Church because they are greedy."

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
So claims made about him that he was revenius (whatever that suckpuppet may have been up to) and acted as a 14 year old reincarnation of hubbard are wrong.

No. Ralph was definitely Revenius, or one of them. If you want it from the horse's mouth:

Ralph Hilton | April 17, 2011 at 11:56 am | Reply

I posted 11 years ago on a.r.s. using the name Revenius. Others have used similar names since.

Here are his Super Power 2000 issues: http://www.freezoneamerica.org/LRH2/index.html

Paul

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Leon, Veda gave a sound answer much more likely, just a few posts back, which you must have missed.

In the conflict between the mission holders and C of S Int Management, Mayo sided with the mission holders. Hubbard wanted to destroy the Mission holders, resented that they were making money off of his "church" and wanted control of their money. Anyone, and I mean anyone, who opposed Hubbard on this point immediately took on the color of an SP and was to be destroyed. The fact that Mayo had saved Hubbard's life a couple of years earlier and had been appointed as the head of tech, internationally, counted for a big fat zero in Hubbard's eyes.

In fact, the bigger they were, the harder they fell. Mayo, being a huge opinion leader, was attacked with more vengeance than anyone else. Imagine a man such as Mayo running around a maypole the entire day in 115 degree desert heat and having his name being made into the Scn name for traitor and squirrel much like the name of "Quisling", the Norweigan leader who sided with Hitler in WWII has lived ever since as an actual word in the English language, a synonym for traitor and turn coat.

Veda, this is what I got from reading your post a few days back. If I am putting words in your mouth or have misquoted you, please correct me. I want to get this right. Your post filled a big hole in my knowledge of Hubbard and I want to be sure that I got it right.
Lakey

I'm not saying Veda is wrong about this. All I'm saying is that the other possibility is also a real possibility. Hubbard certainly was vindictive in the manner described. But then so is DM, and he had opportunity, motive and means to do what I described.

As I said - I don't think we'll ever know the truth about this.

Terril park

Sponsor

This has data on the subject.

http://www.scientology-cult.com/secret-history-of-david-miscavige.html

I’ve brought this up 3 times before on ESMB and I’m gonna say it again.

The first time Marty blew was a time he coulda really done some serious damage to the Cof$ and DM—the timing was there and he was in the know. What did Marty, The “On ‘Source’” do? He S-O-L-D O-U-T !!! He flinched and he sold out so that he could become the biggest, bestess “100% Standard Tech” Stud on the Planet. That’s how he makes his living now and the only reason he’s getting away with it is because of Mayo and all the folks he’s now trashing.

I said it before here and I’ll say it again…Marty sees himself as “The Lieutenant” from “Final Blackout…he’s sees himself as THE Loyalist of the Officers. There once was a time that Marty could have really done some good. Like the Cof$, the time is now past. The genie is out of the bottle and can never be gotten back in. “IT” is all over. He doesn’t see this because of his blind spots, one of which I already said, is that he has no knowledge, experience and understanding of what once was…what he actively and avidly worked to destroy.

Bully for Marty if he’s gettin' some folks out…most of them wouldn’t be there now to be got out if it wasn’t for Marty and his main squeeze Mike.

I knew them both and I can guarantee you I’d never want either of them in my foxhole.

Face:)

Again, great insights face, thanks.

Veda

Sponsor
The Mission holders were objecting to what they had discovered about the activities of the Guardian's Office - with the help of the FBI - and Hubbard was denying any responsibility to everyone but a few insiders, who already knew. So Hubbard was lying to the Mission holders about his direction of the G.O spying&dirty tricks and his authorship of the spying&dirty tricks tech. The Mission holders had questions. And to put this in Scientologese, they were "missing" Hubbard's "withholds" big time.

The Mission holders were puzzled about Hubbard's recent discovery of "Dianetic Clear," and Hubbard's butchering of the Grade Chart. They were also concerned about people being told they were "Dianetic Clear" and told to leave the Missions and go "up lines," when such people were anything but "Clear." The Mission holders were wondering, "What the...?"

It would be almost a decade before David Mayo would write about how Hubbard's motivation for his pronouncements re. "Clear" were "market and PR" motivated. Another "missed withhold."

Hubbard was wrapping up his 40+ year "smash his name into history" project, and he wanted the money and property of the Missions.

It was not "false reports" that the Missions holders were balking at Hubbard's orders. They were.

And all of the above began, in its earliest stages, BEFORE Miscavige was a factor.

On another note, reading - again - how matter-of-factly Scientologists accept the idea that Hubbard, "the Operating Thetan," was in hiding from subpoena servers, note the behavior of two others...

Compare the cowardly and paranoid cult leader Hubbard with two other cult leaders:

Lyndon LaRouche, who was sentenced to prison for mail fraud and tax violations, and continued to run his organization while serving his sentence. He was eventually released from prison, and continues to lead his organization at age 87.

Then there's Sun Myung Moon, another cult leader, who was sent to prison for income tax fraud and conspiracy. He continued to run his organization from inside prison, and was eventually released, and continues as leader of his organization at age 90.

Hubbard let his wife take the rap for his misdeeds, and ran away and hid - all the while making sure that the cash flow, and his monuments-to-himself projects, continued.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Mission holders were objecting to what they had discovered about the activities of the Guardian's Office - with the help of the FBI - and Hubbard was denying any responsibility to everyone but a few insiders, who already knew. So Hubbard was lying to the Mission holders about his direction of the G.O spying&dirty tricks and his authorship of the spying&dirty tricks tech. The Mission holders had questions. And to put this in Scientologese, they were "missing" Hubbard's "withholds" big time.

The Mission holders were puzzled about Hubbard's recent discovery of "Dianetic Clear," and Hubbard's butchering of the Grade Chart. They were also concerned about people being told they were "Dianetic Clear" and told to leave the Missions and go "up lines," when such people were anything but "Clear." The Mission holders were wondering, "What the...?"

It would be almost a decade before David Mayo would write about how Hubbard's motivation for his pronouncements re. "Clear" were "market and PR" motivated. Another "missed withhold."

Hubbard was wrapping up his 40+ year "smash his name into history" project, and he wanted the money and property of the Missions.

It was not "false reports" that the Missions holders were balking at Hubbard's orders. They were.

And all of the above began, in its earliest stages, BEFORE Miscavige was a factor.

On another note, reading - again - how matter-of-factly Scientologists accept the idea that Hubbard, "the Operating Thetan," was in hiding from subpoena servers, note the behavior of two others...

Compare the cowardly and paranoid cult leader Hubbard with two other cult leaders:

Lyndon LaRouche, who was sentenced to prison for mail fraud and tax violations, and continued to run his organization while serving his sentence. He was eventually released from prison, and continues to lead his organization at age 87.

Then there's Sun Myung Moon, another cult leader, who was sent to prison for income tax fraud and conspiracy. He continued to run his organization from inside prison, and was eventually released, and continues as leader of his organization at age 90.

Hubbard let his wife take the rap for his misdeeds, and ran away and hid - all the while making sure that the cash flow, and his monuments-to-himself projects, continued.

This is suuperb, Veda...Absolutely S-U-P-E-R-B!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Concise, accurate and true.:yes::yes:

One of the things that Gerry Armstrong said led him to realize that El Ron was not the Uber OT Hisself groomed his image show, was that El Ron wasn't willing to 'fess up to all the lies Hisself had told about his past in order to ease the blow to Scn, and Scns, from the fallout that was sure to come one day.

Face:)