What's new

L Ron's Time Line: Documenting His Life and Claims - Help Us Out Here

guanoloco

As-Wased
So on this one I would like one and all to help document all of LRH's claims.

When you think of some outrageous claim or even a banal one try to give a reference where he says it and try to account for how old he was when he did it, as claimed.

Here's a start from a post by Infinite:

Talking of wild claims by L Ron Hubbard, check out his details in this 1969 Report to Members of Parliament - note his claim to have held the position of Provost Marshall of Korea!!

Specifically from this link:

DATA SHEET ON LAFAYETTE RONALD HUBBARD
Born 13th March 1911 in Tilden, Nebraska, USA.
Parents: Fedora May Waterbury, Harry Ross Hubbard, both US Citizens.
Father: a US Naval Officer.
Grandfather on mother's side: wealthy Western cattleman.
L. R. Hubbard inherited his fortune and family interests in America, Southern Africa, etc. Hubbard was a man of considerable means completely independent of Scientology.

EDUCATION
L. R. Hubbard attended Swaveley Prep. School, Manassas, Virginia, and Woodward Prep. School, Washington DC, USA and Columbia College, George Washington University, Washington DC in 1932.
Attended Princeton University post-graduate.

CAREER
Led Caribbean Motion Picture Expedition 1933.
Led West Indies Minerals Survey Expedition in 1934.
Wrote for various US magazines.
Worked in Hollywood under motion picture contracts Columbia Pictures 1935.
Many ‘screen credits’ on major stars and pictures.
Led Alaskan Radio Experimental Expedition for US Government in 1940.
Commissioned US Naval Reserve early 1941.
Served in South Pacific.
Served as a captain of corvettes 1941.
Commodore of corvette squadrons 1943.
Amphibious forces 1944-45.
Office of Provost Marshall Korea 1945.
Served in all five theatres of World War II.
21 medals and palms.
Commission in navy — resigned in 1950 after four years on inactive list.
No longer in Navy or on call. No draft liability as drawing full disability compensation.
Hollywood director and writer 1946 on.
Wrote several ‘best selling’ books on applied philosophy 1950. Organized the Hubbard Foundation to handle public interests. Became director and trustee of several international humanitarian organizations.

Also, from the above he "attended Princeton...POST GRADUATE!!"

And then here's where he saves Australia in the war from Cherished:

Hubbard claims he was Senior Officer Present, Naval, in Northern Australia during WWII Melbourne Congress, “Welcome Address”, 7 November 1959

Download a 13 minute excerpt - mp3: http://rapidshare.com/files/218905369/melbourne.mp3

But, Australia! Australia is no stranger to me. I know your country very well. Before the Yanks came, I was Senior Officer Present of Northern Australia. Not because I had any rank. But because there wasn't anybody else there. Perhaps you're aware of the status of a Senior Officer Present, Naval, naval status. It's the flag ashore. Senior Officer Present ashore,
commands all Senior Officer Presents afloat. It's one of these interesting things.

Well, I got mixed up in the early part of the war and got detoured and that sort of thing, and I finally wound up falling back to Brisbane. And I was walking down the street in a bad state of dishabille -- I'd saved some insignia, you know, and the army stopped me and said, "Who are you?"
And I gave my name, rank and serial number.

And they said, "Do you realize that there's no naval officer in this port or in Northern Australia?"

And I said, "Well, I hadn't realized it." Couldn't have cared less, as a matter of fact. I was thinking, "Gosh, it's nice to be alive!"

And -- "Well now, in your regulations," the army said, "I'm sure you will find a clause that says, 'By exigencies of service on foreign station, the Senior Naval Officer Present shall take command of all naval activities."

So I looked at my stripes. I said, "Okay. That's the way it is. I'll sit around and look pretty."

"Look pretty! There's 17 merchantmen in Brisbane lower river; they haven't been brought in. There's 4 million dollars worth of jettisoned cargo laying on the docks that nobody has any responsibility for. There are 250 refugees who have just dropped back from Malaysia and Singapore
that nobody's taking any responsibility for, and you have about 200 naval personnel drifting through this port that nobody's taking any responsibility for. There are enemy agents all over the place. Nobody's taking charge of naval censorship. Well, here's a sergeant and a girl and there's your
office."

For ensuing months, why, I had a ball. Forgot what it was like to sleep. I remember vividly -- you see, Australia had already been written off the books by the US Navy. I don't know if you knew that -- very early in the war. In the US entrance into the war it had been -- it had been written off the books. I opened up the trans-Pacific telephone line and called the Bureau of Naval Operations, Navy Department, Washington, DC, because I'd sent them already ten messages without any single reply. One of them had to do with what the hell did they want me to do with a heavy cruiser? So I just phoned them up clear, straight through. Got the officer of the day right in the Navy Department in the Pentagon in Washington, and I said, "This is Hubbard, Senior Officer Present in Northern Australia. I want to talk to somebody -- who will give me orders for certain vessels in these waters."

And he said, "Just a moment."

And I waited. And the Australian telephone company that I was working with, they waited. Everybody waited. And the voice came back and said, "Well, I'm sorry. There's nobody of that name here." And hung up. Australia didn't exist.

The ship in question -- the ship in question was a heavy cruiser and its four-stripe captain had first come ashore and had looked at me, you know, "What! You're Senior Officer Present ashore?" and had sniffed. And I was trying to get him orders and he was trying to get orders and everybody was trying to do something to get it out of here, because the Japanese might strike in the north at any time.

He finally came in the office, you know, all four stripes and gold braid and so forth, and he said, "Mr. Hubbard," he said, "if you will sign -- if you will sign sailing orders for me, I'll sail."

So I scribbled out: "You are hereby detached from this station and shall proceed upon your way as befits your duties and missions. Signed, L. Ron Hubbard."

A couple of years later I was kicking around -- I had command of a squadron over on the other side of the war -- I was kicking around an officers' club and I was -- just been introduced to somebody and this officer sat there and all of a sudden he went into a brown study, you know. "Did you say your name was Hubbard?"

"That's right."

"Hubbard. Hubbard." He says, "L. R. Hubbard?"

I said, "That's right."

He says, "Good God," he says, "you're that fellow from down in Australia!"

And, actually, through the remainder -- they had kept this set of orders framed on the wall of this US heavy cruiser for the remainder of the war. And actually, throughout the remainder of the war I was known as that fellow who was in Australia. So you see, I must be one of you.

Oh, very funny. Very funny.

I sent four ships to MacArthur, and everybody said, “You mustn't send them.” Refugees all over the place, everybody says, “They're probably all spies, you mustn't do anything with them.”

I keep rounding them up and shoving them aboard ships and people would say, “We can't take the. We have no orders.” I'd say, “Yes, you have. You've got my orders. Take them.”

I remember reading at that time, a US newspaper story. It says, “Where is the US fleet?”

Where is the US fleet? And there's a big picture, you see, of battleships and a map of Australia. “It is guarding the shores of Australia.” The US fleet was on the bottom at Pearl Harbor. Thud. And what was guarding the shores of Australia was a six inch gun in charge of some Australian Naval Reservists down at the mouth of the Brisbane River, a few territorials
with Lee Enfields, and Hubbard with a sub-machine gun. I was the anti-aircraft battery. I actually had bullets for the thing. That was before the Yanks came.

It was very amusing. One of my officers some years later told somebody, “Yes, he's the fellow who was down in Australia. He was relieved by a million men.” Well, we had a ball. One of the jobs I had was keeping enough rumours on the line. And every time we'd find a spy, why, Naval Intelligence and Army Intelligence and so forth, I've actually received
orders: “Take him out in the middle of the harbour and drown him!” See spy. Oh no, I'd just tell him, “Well now, listen. I've got something for you to do, now see.” I'd give them all the data on all the batteries. I'd tell them I was privately a German spy, you see. And I wanted him somehow or other to get the dope to the Japs. All the tremendous masked batteries and the air fields, the tremendous numbers of troops and the battleships and everything that were down here ready to knock the Japs off. Anything to keep the Japanese High Command totally convinced there was something here.

I'll never know, I'll just never know, why Australia came through it at that time. I'll never know the facts. I finally figured out why the allies won the war over the Japs. Because the Jap High Command was stupider than ours. And that's the only real reason for it. Australia had shipped everything it had overseas at that time. There was nothing left in the country. There
was just a handful of troops here, just to make some kind of a show. Any boatload of Jap marines could have taken the country. That was up to almost the end of spring of 1942.

Maybe you didn't even know it was in that condition. But it was really rough. It was something to perspire about quite heavily. I thought I was going to come back to Australia at the end of '42. They shipped me home and within a week gave me Corp Vets (Corvettes?), North Atlantic. I went on fighting submarines in the North Atlantic and doing other things and so on and I finally got a set of orders from a ship.

At that time, I had the squadron and I got a set of orders and these orders said, “You will proceed through the Panama Canal to Auckland and then Melbourne. And I thought, Isn't that nice? Now that the place is in good shape and everything, why maybe I can go back because I think Australia is wonderful. And I called all the officers together in the board (?) room and I said, “Well, here we go and isn't this swell? And everything's fine and this is all super secret and you're not supposed to tell anybody but your girls.”

About 24 hours later, I myself got a set of orders. And it said, “You are hereby detached as commander of the squadron and you will proceed to the training centre in Florida for preparation to take command of a new war vessel.”

The reason you see, the reference was “All NAF something or other, something or other”, which any officer who had served in these waters in area, up to the beginning of summer in 1942, would not be returned to these waters for a year. Now you tell me why, I don't know why. But that was the order they put out because there actually weren't many people got home from the Asiatic Fleet.

Maybe you noticed that there were a few casualties around. And so I got detached and I went to Florida, not Melbourne, and this is the first time I've had the chance to be back. So, I'm awfully glad to be here. Well, I actually didn't mean to tell you all that. It's probably not particularly interesting as far as Scientology is concerned. But it's interesting as far as Australia is concerned because I feel this is one of the... the country perhaps with the greatest and brightest future on the face of Earth today.

What do you supposed mess his head up to the point he had to exaggerate about his accomplishments to these levels?

I don't think his childhood was too pleasant, the only time he mentions his parents is in one of his journal entries Gerry Armstrong found when he mentions the them dying and that he does not miss them.

tiptoethrutheminefield

Patron with Honors
Edumacate Ourselves

What do you supposed mess his head up to the point he had to exaggerate about his accomplishments to these levels?

I don't think his childhood was too pleasant, the only time he mentions his parents is in one of his journal entries Gerry Armstrong found when he mentions the them dying and that he does not miss them.

One thing that helped me a lot in sorting out Hubbard and CoS was studying all the available data on sociopathy.

Sociopaths do not necessarily have bad parents or suffer trauma in childhood.
The latest thinking is that there is a brain disorder similar to what produces other mental problems. The frontal lobe does not work as it does in so-
called "normal" brains. Genetic predisposition is a factor--in other words, it runs in families. Nurture can ameliorate or exacerbate the disorder.

Hubbard knew that other people had tender feelings--being very bright (some sociopaths are stupid) he understood what others wanted and felt--but he had none himself. He could only experience a kind of pleasure by exploiting and controlling others.

Anyway, if you are interested, there are lots of good books and sites out there that I think illuminate Hubbard quite well.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I liked the story of him at 3 years old riding a horse - had a special saddle made and all that.

Poor bastard was started off crazy and progressed right on up into batshit crazy.

Yeah that scientology and dianetics really worked on him... he ended up in very poor health, curled up in a fetal position in soiled diapers babbling nonsense .... all alone. What a way to croak !

guanoloco

As-Wased
One thing that helped me a lot in sorting out Hubbard and CoS was studying all the available data on sociopathy.

Sociopaths do not necessarily have bad parents or suffer trauma in childhood.
The latest thinking is that there is a brain disorder similar to what produces other mental problems. The frontal lobe does not work as it does in so-
called "normal" brains. Genetic predisposition is a factor--in other words, it runs in families. Nurture can ameliorate or exacerbate the disorder.

Hubbard knew that other people had tender feelings--being very bright (some sociopaths are stupid) he understood what others wanted and felt--but he had none himself. He could only experience a kind of pleasure by exploiting and controlling others.

Anyway, if you are interested, there are lots of good books and sites out there that I think illuminate Hubbard quite well.

I know two sociopaths that are sociopathic because they were given everything they wanted growing up and were never disciplined.

Don't know if that could be construed as abuse but it certainly makes for someone maladjusted to the extreme for integration into society...arrested development and adult children, indeed.

Hubbard, his ideas about himself and criticisms of his environ fit this to a "T". These people consider themselves superior in every way and entitled to things without working and other people are lesser to be used. They are prone to wide mood swings, aka "bipolar" and have to be medicated. They also tell extremely destructive lies by claiming to be victimized by people when nothing has occurred.

I have known very, very, very many people who have suffered horrible abuse physically and emotionally growing up and have yet to see a single sociopath due to this.

The ones who have had a cake walk claim abuse but it never existed and they are active criminals.

OMG!! I just derailed my own thread!!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
So on this one I would like one and all to help document all of LRH's claims....

This has been covered in part or whole on other sites. Here are a few:

Documents Of A Lifetime - the uncensored L. Ron Hubbard papers
http://www.spaink.net/cos/LRH-bio/lrhpaper.htm

Summary of Hubbard's military record ( with links to docs)
http://www.lermanet.com/L_Ron_Hubbard/

Ron The War Hero
http://ronthewarhero.org/

L. Ron Hubbard's 5 Most Impressive Lies (Besides Scientology)
http://www.cracked.com/article_16337_l.-ron-hubbards-5-most-impressive-lies-besides-scientology.html
The Real Biography of L Ron Hubbard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgGLZ_P-F8o

The Real Legend of L. Ron Hubbard - Liar, racist, convicted criminal, wife beater, fraud.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVLzCf0kWzI

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Funny whenever I hear these massive porkies from LRH I get the feeling he has listened to a lot of guys bullshitting, telling their own tall tales and war stories, he filed these away in his crazy brain and then starts spitting them out as his own (with wild embelshiments) whenever it suited him.

For example, I could see the above story starting out as some officers tale about the crazy scene in some bum fuck port during the war. Hubbard take this story, claims it as his own, and instead of some backwater in Guam he names Australia!! (Obviously to show what a big man of the world he was to some Aussies in the audience) The crazy thing is how easy it is to totally disprove these wild claims, but for the longest time so many people took this obvious BS as gospel.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that he fantasied from a very early age and never broke away from that. Too simple by far I know.

James

TheRealNoUser

Patron with Honors
AnonyMary, your link to RonTheWarHero leads to some nonsense page. It's so batshit crazy that I suspect the domain may have been taken over by the CoS.

Here is the actual website that I remember, with Chris Owen's well-documented accounts of Hubbard's false claims and lying:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/warhero/

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Yet Hubbard found plenty of people to listen to his tall tales - and believe.

That is the scary part.

Has the world really done anything to gird against anoter Ron?

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
So on this one I would like one and all to help document all of LRH's claims.

When you think of some outrageous claim or even a banal one try to give a reference where he says it and try to account for how old he was when he did it, as claimed.

Here's a start from a post by Infinite:

Actually Inifinite got it wrong - he quoted "office of the Provost Marshal' that would cover any post from tea lady to deputy provost - as long as administratively it was in the "office". I do not remember where he was seconded to after his graduation from the US military Government school - it may well have been the office of the Provost marshal of Korea.

Also, from the above he "attended Princeton...POST GRADUATE!!"

And then here's where he saves Australia in the war from Cherished:

Well Hubbard claimed to be a graduate - I am pretty sure he never thought anyone would even question that.

The "believers" spend their time trying to find some sort of connection between the truth of what he did and what hubbard claimed he did. If they can find something that sounds like it may explain what Hubbard really meant then they will seize on it and try to use it as "proof" that there must be some sort of granule of truth in the rest of the BS...

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
The timeline of the life of Hubbard is a good idea, but for it to be really valuable, I think we need to think about the final format for this information. Are you going to maintain the timeline, compiling it from the sources already identified and anything else people contribute to this thread?

As a thread in a forum, it's OK, but it could ultimately be presented better. Chronologically, for one thing.

Anyway, I think it's a valuable project... but not a trivial one. LRH's lies were many.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Easy to disprove is all the medals he claims. There id the official Navy record of, what, 4 ?

And then there is the Ron claim of over 20 - and then the public display of all those medals by the "church". In Hollywood there is some kind of freak show featuring LRH and I think that is where that crapola is shown.

That's an easy one !

guanoloco

As-Wased
The timeline of the life of Hubbard is a good idea, but for it to be really valuable, I think we need to think about the final format for this information. Are you going to maintain the timeline, compiling it from the sources already identified and anything else people contribute to this thread?

As a thread in a forum, it's OK, but it could ultimately be presented better. Chronologically, for one thing.

Anyway, I think it's a valuable project... but not a trivial one. LRH's lies were many.

I'm with ya' on this one...to my knowledge this has never been done and should be as it would make some very good history.

I figured we could collect it at first and then go from there.

Here's some I'm looking for:

- I read here on ESMB somewhere where he claimed to crest 80 mph in a glider for over 12 minutes.

- I remember from some lecture where he wrote the longest sentence without punctuation somewhere to prove a professor/teacher wrong.

There's roughly 2 categories to collect and the second one has 2 subsets. If anyone can think of a better way to correlate the info be my guest.

2 categories:

1) documents proving his whereabouts by time and place

2) documents and lectures where he claims fantastical things and achievements by time and place

2) above then breaks into subsets a) and b)

a) this lifetime claims like the youngest eagle scout, etc.

b) batshit crazy claims this lifetime like venusion trains, van allen belt travels and going to heaven

The past life crap would be another exercise some other day.

Hope this makes sense.

Then we put it into a timeline and we'll clearly see discrepancies and just the overall over-the-top ego claims will be enough to shed some much needed light on the Hubbard squid ink.

guanoloco

As-Wased
I just had to revisit this and highlight in red all the bullshit claims:

DATA SHEET ON LAFAYETTE RONALD HUBBARD
Born 13th March 1911 in Tilden, Nebraska, USA.
Parents: Fedora May Waterbury, Harry Ross Hubbard, both US Citizens.
Father: a US Naval Officer.
Grandfather on mother's side: wealthy Western cattleman.
L. R. Hubbard inherited his fortune and family interests in America, Southern Africa, etc. Hubbard was a man of considerable means completely independent of Scientology.

EDUCATION
L. R. Hubbard attended Swaveley Prep. School, Manassas, Virginia, and Woodward Prep. School, Washington DC, USA and Columbia College, George Washington University, Washington DC in 1932.
Attended Princeton University post-graduate.

CAREER
Led Caribbean Motion Picture Expedition 1933.
Led West Indies Minerals Survey Expedition in 1934.
Wrote for various US magazines.
Worked in Hollywood under motion picture contracts Columbia Pictures 1935.
Many ‘screen credits’ on major stars and pictures.
Led Alaskan Radio Experimental Expedition for US Government in 1940.
Commissioned US Naval Reserve early 1941.
Served in South Pacific.
Served as a captain of corvettes 1941.
Commodore of corvette squadrons 1943.

Amphibious forces 1944-45.
Office of Provost Marshall Korea 1945.
Served in all five theatres of World War II.
21 medals and palms.
Commission in navy — resigned in 1950 after four years on inactive list.
No longer in Navy or on call. No draft liability as drawing full disability compensation.
Hollywood director and writer 1946 on.
Wrote several ‘best selling’ books on applied philosophy 1950. Organized the Hubbard Foundation to handle public interests. Became director and trustee of several international humanitarian organizations.

I thought most of this crap had been proven false...as in no rancher and what the hell did he inherit from S Africa?

He was flat broke and dodging creditors...man of considerable means??

Surprised to see that it admits to his disability compensation.

Finally, the "several" international humanitarian orgs!!

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
This has been covered in part or whole on other sites. Here are a few:

Documents Of A Lifetime - the uncensored L. Ron Hubbard papers
http://www.spaink.net/cos/LRH-bio/lrhpaper.htm

Summary of Hubbard's military record ( with links to docs)

Ron The War Hero
http://ronthewarhero.org/

L. Ron Hubbard's 5 Most Impressive Lies (Besides Scientology)

http://www.cracked.com/article_16337_l.-ron-hubbards-5-most-impressive-lies-besides-scientology.html

The Real Biography of L Ron Hubbard

did you see marys links?

It was claimed throughout the 1960s and 1970s that L. Ron Hubbard was raised on a vast cattle ranch covering "one quarter of Montana" - 23.5 million acres(A Report to Members of Parliament on Scientology, 1969; Mission into Time, 1973)

In fact, the ranch owned by his grandfather Lafayette O. Waterbury was little more than 320 acres in size and was situated six miles outside of the town of Kalispell, Montana. These documents prove that assertion.

This is broadly correct, but the question remains of why Hubbard did not see fit to correct statements which circulated for 20 years and which he must have known were false.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Now here's what I'm talking about from here:

THE UNHAPPY LIFE OF LAFAYETTE RONALD HUBBARD 1911-1986

THE MYTH

He studied man in 52 different cultures, from an early age had a hunger for knowledge and a compassion for man that knew no rival. He found the tech of life and the mind, mapped the way out of the labyrinth, threaded a path through the deadly OTIII. He was possibly the only officer in the US Navy that saw action in every theater of WWII. He was exterior with perception and demonstrating OT powers as early as 1952, and as a small boy while studying mysticism was able to move a matchstick floating on water with the power of his mind. He is the authority on drug and criminal rehab, mental illness, administration,organization, finance, ethics, justice, nutrition, photography, music, film making, PR, intelligence, literature, seamanship, philosophy, child raising and education.
The only area that was not extensively researched was the almighty.
However in the admin dictionary eight dynamic is defined as ” superior life beings” and goes further “there are always going to be superior life beings around”.
KSW 1 makes it very clear that Ron IS the source, the busts and photos, clapping and deification by the group sort of indicates there is a lot more to this fellow than your garden variety human.

THE MAN

1885: birth of Hubbard’s mother, Ledora May Waterbury, in Burnett (now Tilden), Nebraska. Her father was a rancher and veterinarian with humble means and a large family.

1886, 31 August: birth of Hubbard’s father, Henry August Wilson, at Fayette, Iowa. His mother dies when he is born and he is adopted by Mr and Mrs James Hubbard of Frederiksburg, Iowa, and becomes Harry Ross Hubbard. So LRH was actually a Wilson.

1909, 25 April: Ledora May Waterbury married Harry Ross Hubbard in Omaha. She was from Montana, where LRH spent much time in his younger days.

1911, 13 March: LaFayette Ronald Hubbard born to Harry Ross Hubbard and Ledora May Hubbard, at Tilden, Nebraska.

1915: Hubbard claimed that when he was four years old, he became the protegé of Old Tom, a Blackfeet Indian shaman. In 1985 Blackfeet historian Hugh Dempsey comments that the act of blood brotherhood was “never done among the Blackfeet”, and rejects Hubbard’s story. See 1985.

1917: Harry Hubbard re-enlists in the US Navy.

1918: Harry Hubbard becomes assistant paymaster, ensign rank.

1921: Harry Hubbard pursued for $125 by fourteen creditors.

1922: Harry Hubbard posted to USS Oklahoma as assistant supply officer. The family move to San Diego, the ship’s home port. Later that year he is sent to the US Accounts School in Washington DC. They travel via the USS Grant through the Panama Canal.

1924, 1 April: L. Ron Hubbard age 13 receives the rank of Eagle Scout in Washington, D.C. Hubbard later claims that he was the nation’s youngest Eagle Scout. He was certainly one of the youngest but no records exist that could confirm this as the organization listed only by name, not by age. The family moves to live in Seattle, WA, his father’s new home port.

1927, 5 April: Harry Hubbard posted to the US naval base in Guam. He leaves on 5 April, his family several weeks later. They go via Honolulu,Yokohama, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Manila. Total time from US to Guam: 36 days.

1927, 16 July: Harry’s son L. R. Hubbard aged 16 returns to Bremerton on the USS Nitro.

1927, 6 September: L. Ron Hubbard enrolls as a junior in Helena High School while living with his maternal grandparents.

1927: He begins his interest in black magic by reading Aleister Crowley’s The Book of the Law. Begins to use drugs to improve his magickal powers.

1928, 14 May: Ron drops out of school and goes to Seattle to live with his aunt. He joins his parents in Guam on 25 July. In October he and his mother go to China for two months. They see Peking, Tsingtao, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Young Hubbard is oppressed by the smell and squalor of the places he visits. An entry in his diary reads: “They smell of all the baths they didn’t take. The trouble with China is, there are too many chinks here.” Back in Guam 18 December.

1929: He returns to the United States to pursue a career in mathematics and engineering (according to his own article in Dianetics: ‘About the Author’.)

1929: He fails his entrance exam to Annapolis. His father, now the Disbursing Officer at the US Naval Hospital in Washington, DC puts his son into the Swaely Preparatory school in Manasses, VA, for more intensive study. Here it is found that Ron’s eyesight is defective forever ruling out the naval academy.

1930, 1 May: LaFayette Ronald Hubbard joins a Marine Corps Reserve training unit. He is placed on inactive status the same day, and spends only five weeks of his 18-month stint actually doing anything.

1930: Ron is enrolled at the Woodward School for Boys, in Washington, DC.

1930, September: LaFayette Ronald Hubbard enrolls in the civil engineering program at George Washington University. He spends two years in the program with abysmal results: six D’s (General Chemistry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Plane Analytic Geometry, Electricity and Magnetism) and four F’s (First Year German, Differential Calculus, Molecular and Atomic Physics). But he gets a B in short-story writing and contributes to a student rag.

1931, 13 July: L. Ronald Hubbard earns Commercial Glider Pilot Licence #385 after 116 flights.

1932, 23 June:
Hubbard organizes an expedition to the Caribbean and charters the Doris Hamlin, an old four-masted schooner, based in Baltimore. Fifty fellow-students take part and apparently contribute financially. The Caribbean Motion Picture Expedition is, predictably, a disaster on all fronts, except perhaps for Hubbard.

1932, September: he drops out of college.

1932, 23 October: Ron reported on board the US Navy transport, USS Kittery, at Norfolk, Virginia, for transportation to Puerto Rico. Among his fellow passengers were a number of nurses and the wife of the director of the American Red Cross. While he was still at sea, readers of the November issue of the Sportsman Pilot were entertained by a second L. Ron Hubbard article, this time about his escapades as a glider pilot. He described 'the most terrible nightmare I have ever gone through' - how his glider had folded a wing at four hundred feet, how he had battled to prevent it going into a spin and how, as he crashed, 'so many wires wrapped themselves about my neck that I was unable to wear a collar for weeks.' A few weeks later, he modestly added, he set up an unofficial world record by flying a glider at a speed of eighty miles an hour at a level altitude for a duration of twelve minutes.

1933, 13 April: He marries Margaret Louse (“Polly”) Grubb in Elkton, Maryland. By his own admission, this misconceived union results in seven pregnancies, with two births and five terminations. The family lived in Los Angeles, California and, during the late 1930s and ’40s, in Bremerton, Washington. They lived together for 12 years.

1934: Hubbard begins to sell stories such as “Sea Fangs,” “The Carnival of Death,” “Man-Killers of the Air,” and “The Squad that Never Came Back” to pulp magazines. He also wrote Western fiction.

1934, 7 May: Eldest son, L. Ron Junior, known as “Nibs” (later Ron DeWolf), born, weighing 2 pounds. Hubbard Senior made him an incubator out of a shoe-box. Nibs married c. 1956 and had six children: Deborah, Leif, Eric, Esther, Harry and Alex (who had Down’s Syndrome). He waited until the five oldest were independent (and he became ill) before talking about his father and Scientology. LRH pere goes to New York to learn more about the pulp fiction market.

1935: Hubbard, getting into his swing, publishes ten pulp novels, three novelettes and three non-fiction stories, including “The Baron of Coyote River” and “The Blow Torch Murder”. He also writes the screen play for the Saturday matinee series The Secret of Treasure Island.

1936, 15 January: Hubbard’s eldest daughter, Katherine May, is born. She may have been in the Sea Org in the 1960s.

1937: Hubbard writes his first hard cover novel Buckskin Brigades and with the advance he buys an old 30ft ketch, Maggie or Magician.

1938: He writes Excalibur, about his discovery that survival is the secret of the universe. It does not find a publisher. He turns to science fiction.

1938: Hubbard tries and fails to join the Air Corps.

1939: Hubbard tries and fails to join the US Army.

1939: He becomes a regular contributor to Astounding Science Fiction but publishes only seven novels and two short stories. He expends much energy on an attempt to be elected to the National Aeronautics Association on the strength of his gliding experience.

1939: He moves to New York, without his family.

1939, 12 December: using phony criteria he is elected to the NY Explorers’ Club.
[ABOARD THE MAGICIAN, 1940]

1940: He completes two initial degrees in the Rosicrucians (AMORC) but his membership lapses on 5 July. He is still writing.

1940, March or June: He sails to Alaska with wife Polly aboard his old ketch. He called it the “Alaskan Radio Experimental Expedition.” He may, or may not, have been testing out a new navigational system. He has engine trouble.

1940, November: He is broke and stranded in Alaska but gets a bank loan which is never repaid.

1940, December: Hubbard receives a Master’s License for Steam and Motor Vessels

1941, Spring: Living in New York and campaigning to get a commission in the US Naval Reserve, assigned to intelligence duties.

1941, May: He receives a Master’s License for Sail Vessels (any Ocean).

1941, 25 June: He receives his commission in the Naval Reserves, as a Lieutenant junior grade. He talks himself into an intelligence post in Melbourne, Australia. It does not last long.

1942, 4 February: The US Naval Attaché in Melbourne reports: “By assuming unauthorized authority and attempting to perform duties for which he has no qualifications, he became the source of much trouble. [...] This officer is not satisfactory for independent duty assignment. He is garrulous and tries to give impressions of his importance. He also seems to think he has unusual ability in most lines. These characteristics indicate that he will require close supervision for satisfactory performance of any intelligence duty.” Hubbard is sent back to the USA on the first available ship.

1942, 25 September: the Commandant of Boston Navy Yard notifies Washington that L. Ron Hubbard is ill-suited to run a ship: “Lt. L.R. Hubbard is in command of YP 422 completing conversion and fitting out at Boston, in the opinion of the Commandant he is not temperamentally fitted for independent command. It is therefore urgently requested that he be detached and that order for relief be expedited in view of the expected early departure of the vessel. Believe Hubbard capable of useful service if ordered to other duty under immediate supervision of a more senior officer.”

1942, 1 October:
Hubbard is summarily relieved of his command of the USS YP-422.

1943, 18 May: Hubbard is put in command of a corvette, USS PC-815. On the very first day of its maiden voyage, he identifies one or two enemy submarines off the coast of Oregon from sonar blips. He reports to CINCPAC that he has expended all depth charges on the suspicious sonar contact and also fired many rounds of ammunition. The blip was later said to be a known magnetic abnormality. The next day, chase was joined by four other ships. No sign of any submarine was ever found.

1943, 28 June:
The crew of the USS-PC 815 fires four 50-caliber artillery rounds at a floating object. Unfortunately, this object is right in front of the inhabited island of South Coronados, which belongs to Mexico, and at least two shells strike land…

1943, 7 July: “Consider this officer lacking in the essential qualities of judgment, leadership and cooperation. He acts without forethought as to probable results. He is believed to have been sincere in his efforts to make his ship efficient and ready. Not considered qualified for command or promotion at this time. Recommend duty on a large vessel where he can be properly supervised.” There is a consensus of opinion about Hubbard in the Navy.

1943, 15 July: Lt LaFayette Ron Hubbard is relieved of his command for conducting an unauthorized gunnery practice and violating the territorial waters of the nation of Mexico.

1943, October:
He attends Naval Small Craft Training Center, San Pedro, CA, for a six week course.

1943, December:
He is posted aboard the USS Algol which later was involved in the invasion of the Philippines and the landing at Okinawa, but without Hubbard who meantime has transferred to the Military Government School in Princeton where he spends three months.

1944, 27 September: Navigation Officer Lt. Hubbard is inspecting a load of cargo being brought aboard the SS Algol when he notices a molotov cocktail made out of a Coke bottle. Hubbard is detached from the ship a few hours later.

1945, April: Hubbard diagnosed with an ulcer.

1945, August: Hubbard becomes a member of the Agape Lodge of the Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO, Crowley’s secret society) in Pasadena. This appears to be where he meets Jack Parsons.

1945, 5 September: Hubbard is admitted to Oak Knoll Naval Hospital, Oakland, California, for “epigastric distress.” He is treated for a duodenal ulcer and also complains of arthritis, hemorrhoids and headaches. A medical report states: “… it is the opinion of the Board that this officer is not physically fit to perform all duties of his rank, and that he should be ordered to appear before a retiring board.”

1945, 5 December: Hubbard leaves hospital and is discharged from the service. He never saw battle or smelled gunpowder fired in anger. The four medals he received were those given to everyone who served in the areas that he was in. He was never wounded and never singled out for bravery or heroism. He was never employed as a secret agent. All of his time in the navy is accounted for.

1946: He abandons Polly and his two children and in the spring moves to live with Jack Parsons, scientists and occultist, in the latter’s house in Los Angeles.

1946, 10 August: He goes through a bigamous marriage with Sara Elizabeth Northrup in Chestertown, Maryland. She is Jack’s former girlfriend. He also gets $10,000 from Parsons who never gets it back. Parsons (who designed rocket fuel) dies in a bizarre accident (which suggests a bomb) in 1952.

1947, 14 April: Polly files for divorce.

1947, 15 October: Hubbard writes to the Veterans Administration, LA, seeking psychiatric help. It is refused. This is perhaps a mistake

1947, 1 December: Aleister Crowley dies. LRH assumes his mantle and becomes the Beast Incarnate and potentially the most powerful person in the universe, in his terms.

1947, 24 December:
L. Ron Hubbard divorces his first wife, 16 months after marrying his second.

1948, 17 August: L. Ron Hubbard is arrested for bouncing checks in East Pasadena, California. In court a fortnight later, he pleads guilty and pays the $25 fine. He is more or less broke and probably finding it difficult to write.

1949, Spring: Addressing a sci-fi group in Newark, New Jersey, he says: “Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be to start his own religion.”

1950, 8 March: Alexis Valerie Hubbard is born.

1950, April: A trailer for Dianetics in “Astounding Science Fiction, claims “a technique that gives any man a perfect, indelible, total memory, and perfect, errorless ability to compute his problems. A basic answer, and a technique for curing-not alleviating ulcers, arthritis, asthma, and many non-germ diseases. A totally new conception of the truly incredible ability and power of the human mind.”

1950, May: The article on Dianetics appears. This is the first scientific advance ever launched from a science fiction magazine. The story itself is merely a device to whet the public’s appetite for his book which is published on 9 May as “Dianetics, the Modern Science of Mental Health.” Reviews are uniformly bad. Sales increase exponentially. But Dr. Winter, a medical doctor who initially supported Hubbard quits after concluding that Hubbard conducted no research and that this system was not without danger. He has seen two preclears develop acute psychoses during auditing.

1951: The New Jersey Board of Medical Examiners institute proceedings against Hubbard for teaching medicine without a license. Hubbard flees to LA to avoid prosecution.

1951, 23 February: grand domestic drama: “I was in my apartment on February 23rd, about two or three o’clock in the morning when the apartment was entered, I was knocked out, had a needle thrust into my heart to give it a jet of air to produce ‘coronary thrombosis’ and was given an electric shock with a 110 volt current. This is all very blurred to me. I had no witnesses. But only one person had another key to that apartment and that was Sara.” He always had a vivid and vicious imagination.

1951, 13 April: He complains to the US Military Attache in Havana that he is being attacked by Communists who are trying to steal his work.

1951, 23 April: Sara files for divorce citing his bigamy, his kidnapping their baby daughter Alexis, and his cruelty. Her petition is posted elsewhere. She gets her baby back but only “by agreeing to let him divorce her and by not saying anything bad about him.” He did not cease to say very bad things about her.

1951: He meets Mary Sue Whipp (19) in Wichita, Kansas, where he has opened a Dianetics center funded by Don Purcell

1952, 12 February: Hubbard is voted off the board of Dianetics by Purcell and other members for gross mis-management, ie, embezzlement.

1952, March: Hubbard marries Mary Sue Whipp, who is less than half his age and two months pregnant. She is to become the mother of Diana (still in the Sea Org), Quentin (1953-1976), Suzette (left the Sea Org in 1986), and Arthur (an extremely disturbing painter).

1952, March: Hubbard acquires the rights to the E-meter from Volney Mathison, apparently by fraud and coercion.

1952, April: Hubbard opens a Scientology office in Phoenix, Arizona (the first?). He discovers the state of OT (operating thetan). Later he would say “Neither Lord Buddha nor Jesus Christ were OT’s according to evidence. They were just a shade above clear.”

1952, July: Hubbard publishes The History of Man, “one of the most unintentionally funny books ever written”. Scholars dismiss it as balderdash written by a man ignorant of history, geology, anthropology, and a host of other disciplines.

1952, 24 September: Hubbard and his wife move to England where Diana Meredith DeWolf Hubbard is born in London. She is a talented musician and a very good-looking redhead.

1952, December: Hubbard returns to the US to give a series of lectures in Philadelphia. He is arrested for wrongfully withdrawing $9,286.00 from the now bankrupt Wichita Dianetics Foundation. He agrees to pay the money back and the matter is dropped.

1953, 10 April: L. Ron Hubbard writes a letter to Helen O’Brien, proposing that they apply for a church charter in Pennsylvania or New Jersey and convert their existing storefronts into “Spiritual Guidance Centers” (he asks her to think of a better name). In closing, Hubbard asks for O’Brien’s input on the idea, saying “I await your reaction on the religion angle.”

1953: The Creation of Human Ability was published. “Society, thirsting for more control of more people substitutes religion for the spirit, the body for the soul, an identity for the individual and science and data for truth. In this direction lies insanity, increasing slavery, less knowingness, greater scarcity and less society. “Scientology has opened the gates to a better World. It is not a psycho-therapy nor a religion. It is a body of knowledge which, when properly used, gives freedom and truth to the individual.” From the context of the first sentence, Hubbard associates “religion” as a mistaken substitution for the spirit. This is consistent with other statements by Hubbard which disparage religion in general. This passage was removed in 1971 and later editions.

1953: He awards himself a Ph.D. from the “University of Sequoia,” a diploma mill which he had bought from the original owner.

1953, 6 January: birth of Geoffrey Quentin McCaully Hubbard (d.12 November 1976).

1953, November: Hubbard gets Dianetics back under his control when former business partner Don Purcell, tired of the endless litigation, gives up the fight.

1954, 13 February: Mary Suzette Rochelle Hubbard born.

1954: The Church of Scientology, California, incorporated.

1956: Scientology begins to prosper and from this point on makes money regardless of controversy.

1957: Hubbard’s personal income reckoned to be $250,000.

1957: The famous nuclear physicist, Dr L. Ron Hubbard, publishes “All About Radiation”. He also promotes Dianazene, a vitamin compound which cures radiation sickness. The FDA confiscates 21,000 tablets. The Brain-Washing Manual makes its appearance.

1958, 8 June: Arthur Conway Hubbard born. By this time Hubbard has authored more than sixty books on Scientology.

1959: Hubbard purchases and moves into Saint Hill Manor in East Grinstead, Sussex, England.

1959, 23 November: Nibs, whom he has left to hold the baby, leaves the organization and goes into hiding, complaining that his father didn’t pay him a living wage. He had several other reasons.

1959, December: His mother dies; he arrives too late to speak to her and leaves again before the funeral.

1960: Hubbard, though living in England, is under surveillance by the FBI.

1960, October-November:
He lectures in South Africa and in December lectures in Washington, DC.

1961: More lectures in South Africa. People, mainly Americans, flock to St. Hill where additional housing was made for them.

1962: Hubbard writes to the White House offering to train astronauts.

1963, 4 January: No astronauts came but the FAD raided the organization, seizing mountains of paperwork and hundreds of E-meters. They allege massive medical fraud.

1963, May: Hubbard reveals that he had twice visited heaven. His first visit to heaven, a town high in the mountains on an alien planet, went well enough but when he came back three-million years later he found the place in a sad state of disrepair. These bulletins were later removed from Scientology’s list of his writings.

1963: Polly, his much-abused first wife, dies.

1964, March: Hubbard gives his last interview with the press. In an interview with the “Saturday Evening Post,” he claims that his wages from Scientology are just $70.00 a week.

1965, October: an Australian report slams Scientology as evil: “Scientology is evil: its techniques evil, its practice a serious threat to the community, medically, morally and socially, and its adherents sadly deluded and often mentally ill.” Hubbard’s sanity is “gravely doubted.”

1966, February:
Lord Balniel, MP, asks the British government to investigate Scientology. Hubbard responds by investigating Lord Balniel. His PI sold his story to the newspapers, creating even more ill feeling for Scientology.

1966: Hubbard creates the Guardian’s Office (GO) at Saint Hill; its purpose to harass his critics.

1966, April: Hubbard goes to Rhodesia to see what the prospects are for Scientology in that area. He also wants to look for treasure he had buried in a previous life as Cecil Rhodes. The CIA are told by Washington that Hubbard is a “crack-pot,” of “doubtful mental background.”

1966, 18 July: Hubbard is booted out of Rhodesia because of his bad reputation and his meddling in local politics.

1967: Scientology loses its tax-exempt status in the US.

1967: Hubbard creates creates his own navy and the Sea Org. At sea he is beyond the reach of the law and the Press. He refits the Enchanter, a 40 ton sea-going schooner bought in 1966, and the 414 ton Avon River, an old North Sea trawler. Next he bought the Royal Scotsman, a 3,200 ton former cattle ferry which was registered in Sierra Leon and in it he cruised the Mediterranean with a few real sailors. The hired sailors talk when they return to port and on 21 February The People publishes an article: “Ahoy There: It’s the Craziest Cruise on Earth”.
Granada Television 1967 track him down and make a documentary on Scientology
http://www.youtube.com/wv=L_w-YWwC1lI&feature=related
Meanwhile Hubbard continues to develop Scientology doctrine, including the OT series. He forms the Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF) to malefactors aboard the ship. Information about his extreme cruelty, particularly to small children, eventually surface.

1968, June/July: CIA cable: “USIS Officer states that Hubbard runs floating “university” of questionable moral character. Not accredited any US universities and poor representative for USs abroad… Floating college probably part of charlatan cult”.

1968, April: Serious problems with the Spanish government.

1968, July: Hubbard is declared an undesirable alien by the British government. Kenneth Robinson, health minister, says: “The Government is satisfied … that Scientology is socially harmful. It alienates members of families from each other and attributes squalid and disgraceful motives to all who oppose it.”

1968, August:
Scientologist James Stewart, 35, is found dead outside a window at the advanced org in Edinburgh, Scotland. He had been found guilty of invalidating Scientology by having epileptic fits and his punishment included staying awake for 80 hours (a punishment which Hubbard also applied to Sara Northrup.) James appears to be the first known victim of a cult that claimed many others.

1968: Meanwhile, back in Greece, Hubbard tried to ingratiate himself with the Greek authorities. He renamed his ships: the Royal Scotman became the Apollo, the Avon River the Athena and the Enchanter became the Diana. The Greeks were not impressed.

1969, 19 March: Hubbard is given 24 hours to leave Greek waters. He goes.

1969, 2 November: Hubbard declares that he is the victim of a vast and nefarious international conspiracy. He sails aimlessly off the coasts of Spain and North Africa, now attended by prepubescent girls in fetching attire. His behavior is eccentric.

1971, 25, June: Scientologist Susan Meister killed with a bullet to the head aboard the Apollo while in the port of Casablanca, Morocco. It is described as suicide.

1971: Paulette Cooper, who has no real idea what she is tackling, writes The Scandal of Scientology, and is persecuted for years by GO who try to ruin her sanity or put her in jail. Her “boyfriend” who is a GO plant, obtains her fingerprints on a blank piece of paper and uses it to write Henry Kissinger a death threat. Documents proving Scientology’s complicity come to light when the FBI raids Scientology offices in 1977.

1972: Hubbard in poor health. He takes up residence in a small villa near Tangier, Morocco. But he is about to be indicted in France for fraud. Fearing extradition he flees to Lisbon. Later in the year he travels to NYC where he lives in seclusion.

1973: Mary Sue, now head of GO, reports that the threat of extradition has diminished sufficiently to allow Hubbard to return to his ships. The “Apollo” begins further aimless cruises off the coast of Spain.

1973, November: Hubbard breaks an arm and two ribs in a motorcycle accident in Morocco. He declines any medical attention, preferring to suffer over many months.

1973: 18 April: L. Ron Hubbard orders the Church of Scientology to launch Operation Snow White.

1974: 28 May:
L. Ron Hubbard writes to the Navy asking for the 17 medals he often claimed to have won in World War II. Three weeks later, the Navy sends the four medals he actually won, more or less for his physical presence in various places, and none of the 13 imaginary ones.

1975: Having worn out his welcome in the Mediterranean Hubbard sets sail for the US. He intends to go to Charleston, SC but he is tipped off that IRS and FBI agents are lurking at the harbor so instead he goes to the Caribbean. Sometime during the summer he suffers a heart attack and is hospitalized in Curacao. Soon though his ship is ejected by the Dutch prime minister.

1975, July: Michael Shannon begins to dig into the life of L. Ron Hubbard obtaining a very different picture from the one published by Scientology.

1975, August: The Sea Org land in Daytona Beach, FL in great secrecy. The “Apollo” goes back to the Caribbean. Hubbard, needing a land base, likes the quiet city of Clearwater. As Southern Land Sales he buys the Fort Harrison Hotel for $2.3 million and the old Bank of Clearwater building for another $550,000. The deals are concluded in great secrecy. Soon it is announced that “The United Churches of Florida” has leased both properties. This is not, after all, good news for Clearwater.

1975, August/September: Ron’s father, Harry Ross Hubbard, dies aged 88. The SO descend and remove all his effects.

1975, 16 October: An outgoing cable from the CIA: “Review of available info regarding overseas activities Church of Scientology reveals only that its founder L. Ron Hubbard is eccentric millionaire who has been expelled from residence in several countries because of his odd activities and behavior. He is owner of several ships whose appearance in ports in various parts of world have stimulated queries … from other governments asking info re vessels mission and crew. Responses indicate we know very little …”

1975, 5 December: Hubbard moves into a small condo complex in Dunedin, north of Clearwater. Elaborate security is maintained. In Clearwater the mayor, Gabriel Cazares, publicly wonders why the “United Churches of Florida” need uniformed security guards who are armed with mace and clubs. He and other local politicians and public figures are put on Scientology’s list of enemies.

1976: The infiltration of government agencies known as Operation Snow White is in full swing. The spies steal thousands of government documents and infiltrate the FBI, IRS, Coast Guard and the Drug Enforcement Agency.

1976, January: Betty Orsini, a reporter for the St. Petersburg Times, is reported by Scientology agents to be close to finding out the truth about who the latest group of immigrants to Clearwater really are. Scientologist June Byrne or Phillips, working undercover at the Clearwater Sun reports that newsman Mark Sableman is also beginning to put two and two together. Their coverage of Scientology would one day net the Times a Pulitzer Prize, besides the inevitable lawsuits.

28 January:
Scientology forestalls a planned coup by the Times by spilling the beans at a press conference.

29 January: Scientology launches a suit against Mayor Cazares for libel, slander and civil rights violations. He fights Scientology heroically for years to come and is undaunted in his efforts to clear his name and show the world the dark side of Scientology. He died aged 86 in 2006.

1976: Hubbard is recognised by a tailor who happens to be a science fiction enthusiast. Hubbard goes to Washington, D.C.

1976, March: Scientologists fake a hit-and-run car accident in an effort to smear Gabe Cazares while he is attending a national conference of mayors in Washington, D.C. This attempt to ruin Cazares’s career comes to light when “Snow White” is blown.

1976, 11 June: Two Scientologists are questioned concerning their presence in the U.S. Courthouse Library at the foot of Capitol Hill. Their passes are bogus. One flees and the other is arrested. Snow White begins to unravel.

1976, October: Hubbard settles with his family at La Quinta, CA.

1976, 28 October: Quentin Hubbard, having left home after once again being reduced to the ranks, is found with CO poisoning in a car at Las Vegas. On 12 November he dies in hospital. Due to the difficulty of identifying the body the Hubbards don’t learn of this until 17 November. Mary Sue screams for ten minutes. Ron curses his dead son. Trusted agents are sent to clean up the mess (they steal documents from the hospital) in order to distance Hubbard from this sad event. As usual, he was preoccupied with himself.

1977: Hubbard invents the Purification Run-Down, which uses excessive exposure to high temperatures in a sauna and dangerously-high doses of vitamins to rid the body of toxins and chemical residues. He gets lawsuits from people injured by the toxic doses of vitamins and injured from the too lengthy time in the sauna.

1977, 8 July: FBI agents raid the offices of the Church of Scientology in Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. In addition to burglar tools and surveillance equipment, agents seize approximately 90,000 pages of documents and files, the contents of which blow the lid off Operation Snow White.

1978, 17 March: L. Ron Hubbard is convicted in absentia of fraud by a French court. He is sentenced to four years in prison and a $7,000 fine. By now it is the least of his problems.

1978, 15 August: A federal grand jury indicts nine Scientologists, including Mary Sue, for criminal acts in furtherance of Operation Snow White. The charges include burglarizing government offices and stealing official documents, perjury, conspiracy, and obstructing justice. She gets five years.

1979, March: L. Ron Hubbard, more paranoid than ever, secretly moves to Hemet, California.

1980, February: L. Ron Hubbard secretly moves to exile in Creston, California, where he lives until he dies. His personal income at this time is $1 million a week, delivered in cash.

1983, 7 January: Mary Sue sentenced to four years in a Federal Correctional institute.

1983, June: Ron DeWolf gives an interview to Penthouse: “What a lot of people don’t realize is that Scientology is black magic that is just spread out over a long time period. To perform black magic generally takes a few hours or, at most, a few weeks. But in Scientology it’s stretched out over a lifetime, and so you don’t see it. Black magic is the inner core of Scientology — and it is probably the only part of Scientology that really works.”

1984, 20 June: Judge Paul G. Breckenridge Jr. issues his ruling in Scientology v. Armstrong. He says that Hubbard appears to be “charismatic and highly capable of motivating, organizing, controlling, manipulating and inspiring his adherents.” However, the judge ruled against the Church, and in so doing said that “The organization clearly is schizophrenic and paranoid, and the bizarre combination seems to be a reflection of its founder LRH. The evidence portrays a man who has been virtually a pathological liar when it comes to his history, background, and achievements. The writings and documents in evidence additionally reflect his egoism, greed, avarice, lust for power, and vindictiveness and aggressiveness against persons perceived by him to be disloyal or hostile.

1985: Scientologists claim that members of Blackfeet Nation, Montana, commemorated the seventieth anniversary of L.R.H. becoming a blood brother of the Blackfeet Nation. This is pure hogwash. See 1915.

1986, perhaps on 16 January: L. Ron Hubbard has a terminal stroke. “A devastating brain lesion had impaired his ability to speak.”

1986, 23 January: L. Ron Hubbard allegedly drafts and signs his Last Will and Testament.

1986, 24 January: L. Ron Hubbard dies in a motorhome near Creston, California, a few miles north of San Luis Obispo. He is cremated and his ashes dumped into the Pacific Ocean. The news is revealed three days later. He may have died some days earlier: those who visit notice that the air conditioner is running, though the weather is cool. David Miscavige immediately imposes himself as the new leader of Scientology. Mary Sue, recovering from an operation for lung cancer, is easy to bully and signs away her rights as Hubbard’s wife.

1986, 25 January: The coroner’s report describes L. Ron Hubbard as having long, unkempt fingernails and toenails, and ten recent needle marks on the right buttock beneath a band-aid. The “church” did not permit an autopsy but blood analysis showed he was pumped full of Vistaril, a psychiatric drug used in cases of severe dementia and anxiety. So die all charlatans.

2002, 25 November: Mary Sue, isolated within the cult, almost forgotten, dies of metastatic breast cancer.

The significance of this timeline, which encompasses the early decades of the Scientology cult as well as the life of its founder, is that NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Scientology is made in the image of its founder. KSW is still the law. Scientology is as immoral, cruel, dogmatic, unnatural and arrogant as when the Sea Org crawled ashore.

Sources
http://www.holysmoke.org/sdhok/history.htm

Last edited:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard's Navy War Record

This was procured by a close friend of mine with assistance from a Virginia U.S. Senator...

sorry the search on Lermanet is broken as there are too many files, but use Lermanet.com in search box of google with your search terms works, they have indexed most of the site