What's new

Mike Rinder

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
You do very well in expressing your views, I doubt we differ much. I don't believe any of these guys are 'inherently evil', either. Not even Miscavige. Truth to tell I'm not a believer in 'evil' as a state of being. All kinds of other things which amount to a similar effect, yes, but not 'pure evil'.

There is however a world of difference between 'not inherently evil' and a 'trustworthy & dependable good guy'. It's an insult to the latter to confuse them with the former.

Mark A. Baker
Thank you. On all of the above we are in complete agreement, especially the part about how well I express my views! :D

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Panda,
Eckart Tolle's "The Power of Now".

You recommended it to someone.

I picked it up. I took it to my heart.

Now we (with you) are discussing past life stuff (and you quoting posts from Little Bear Victor - whom respect very much but don't think his post is relevant here)

Is the past more important?

Or may be current and future?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
LOL. If you're going to particpate in ESMB, delving into the past is a given.
When you no longer choose to do that you, you're free of them.

(To answer your question, I think the real importance is Now. Both past and future are something else.)

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is Mike Rinder a some sort of Stalin, or Hitler, or Mao?

I don't know.

May be to some he looked like one, and felt like one.

I personally haven't had an idiocy of being affected by OSA in a way that I'd think or feel they were acting like agents of Stalin, Mayo or Hitler. (And believe me, I know how it's like n Soviet Union< Soviet Army...)

uniquemand

Unbeliever
The problem, VaD, is not the past. It's the present. What Mike is doing right now, in the present, doesn't address an injustice that he helped create.

Look, I get it, you want to show him some compassion. So do I. Just not while he's withholding the testimony that could end the cult.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
The problem, VaD, is not the past. It's the present. What Mike is doing right now, in the present, doesn't address an injustice that he helped create.

Look, I get it, you want to show him some compassion. So do I. Just not while he's withholding the testimony that could end the cult.
How can you possibly know what Mike is or is not doing, U?
Do you have some inside track on what he may or may not be doing? We don't know what is being done but *assume* that, because we can't see anything, there's nothing there.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron

1. I don't know what and where he's doing what. - It's HIS business. Not mine.

2. He is a human being - just like you and me. And, unless he's an accused criminal of some sort, he has a right to do what he wants and where he wants. Your ideas of what he should or must do, don't matter. - He's a free citizen of your country.
Your country is free, right?

me myself & i

Patron Meritorious
Your country is free, right?

Our country is not free of the shenigans of the church of scientology VaD.

And those shenigans hurt people. Did then. And still do now.

Ask Mike about that. He was the head of the Church of Scientology's Operation of Special Affiars (OSA) for years and years VaD. He may have even took over the Dept. of OSA before you were even born.

With all due respect your words remind me of one that visits a holocaust museum, years after the fact, and says to the families there, 'whats the big deal? We've all made mistakes in our lives, get over it".

Distasteful. To say the least.

Disgraceful. At the worst.

mm&I

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Perhaps he's helping build a Cult Awareness Network in Australia. That'd be great. Will he be its highly paid consultant?

We just don't know what he's doing. He doesn't tell us. He never has. That's worked out well for a quarter century, let's hope it continues to bear fruit.

anonkatie

Patron with Honors
Is Mike Rinder a some sort of Stalin, or Hitler, or Mao?

I don't know.

May be to some he looked like one, and felt like one.

I personally haven't had an idiocy of being affected by OSA in a way that I'd think or feel they were acting like agents of Stalin, Mayo or Hitler. (And believe me, I know how it's like n Soviet Union< Soviet Army...)

VaD, although certainly not by scope of actions, but in sort of similar nature of position, when thinking of Mike Rinder, the comparable might be Levrentiy Beriya.
That might help understand the angst involved there.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Our country is not free of the shenigans of the church of scientology VaD.

And those shenigans hurt people. Did then. And still do now.

Ask Mike about that. He was the head of the Church of Scientology's Operation of Special Affiars (OSA) for years and years VaD. He may have even took over the Dept. of OSA before you were even born.

With all due respect your words remind me of one that visits a holocaust museum, years after the fact, and says to the families there, 'whats the big deal? We've all made mistakes in our lives, get over it".

Distasteful. To say the least.

Disgraceful. At the worst.

mm&I

Holocaust?

Then tell the facts (not to me but to him). What's all the fuss about?

I asked earlier: is he a Hitler or Stalin or Mayo (for you)?

BTW, I'm not the one who's totally anonymous from outside. I was in PRF... AND in RPF's RPF, too.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
I might be the next to be banned but I will tell you this:

Mike Rinder, just like me, was religioulsy executing his orders.

Yes, people suffered.

Yes, people got disconnected.

Yes, it was evil.

Yes, he acted evil against all evidence.

Is it something we all have to hang onto Mike Rinder?
And him alone?

IS Mike Rinder The Solution to our problems?

- I really don't get how Mike can handle YOUR problems.

Can someone enlighten me?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Could your testimony lead to the arrest of David Miscavige, the closure of INT Base, and perhaps the end of Scientology's tax exempt status?

Prolly not. I know mine couldn't.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
VaD, although certainly not by scope of actions, but in sort of similar nature of position, when thinking of Mike Rinder, the comparable might be Levrentiy Beriya.
That might help understand the angst involved there.

I haven't ever heard of Rinder behaving like Beriya.

(And before comparing Rinder to Beria you'd better study some history books)

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

ESMB: Having the same conversation over and over again and expecting different ideas.
Panda Termint, (attributed)
Australian-by-nature (UK-born) Opinionated Poster (2008 - ?)