What's new

Intention is cause - vs. Reverse Vector of the Universe

Sis O' Sign

Patron with Honors
Could you tech savvy guys, please help out an untrained chick a little bit on this one:

There's two data that I always found conflicting and just never could get working together. But I know people who did use it with great success - so it must be my lack of training, MUs or whatever.

"Intention is cause" - this was always real for me: whenever I REALLY wanted something and focused on it, envisioned it, lived it in my imagination etcetera, I eventually got it.

But there is an area where I am just not able to do this, and that subject is a real crap in my life. The advice I got from Scientologists on this was to apply the reverse vector: when you stop wanting the thing you actually want and you don't want it at all - then you'll get it. I did get a few real examples from my friends own lives of what happened: for example how they got the girls who were not interested in them, by turning their backs to them till the girls approached them, and they are the happiest couples ever since.

I think that the explanation for this with the outflow-inflow did make sense for me in the PDC lecture, still I can't grasp the whole thing: how can I and why should I un-want something that I do want and kept my focus on?

It happened so many times that I wanted a particular thing so much but never got it (while this worked very well with other subjects, in other areas of life) - and I was simply not able to un-want or reject it, push it away from me. Because I wanted it, simple, no?

One datum says: want something and you will get it - the other says: don't want it and you will get it.

Is it that I don't understand something in this, or is it that it doesn't make sense, because it's indeed a contradiction?

Any recommendations of how to solve this situation when I can apply the "Intention is cause" stuff in many things but one particular subject? And I am simply not able to not want something that I do want, only so that I do get that thing.

It could probably answer one of the biggest questions of my life, so I will appreciate your responses.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Look into Ester Hicks and the entity she calls Abraham and the vibration of the, for lack of a better name, cosmic energy.

I can't do all of the theory of scn or anything else in one post.

Or study the I Ching.

Of what there is to know about " beings " scn covers far less than 1 % of it than has been written and other people follow.

scn remains an itty bitty little offbeat oddball cult with delusions of grandeur.

"Intention is cause" - this was always real for me: whenever I REALLY wanted something and focused on it, envisioned it, lived it in my imagination etcetera, I eventually got it.

I wouldn't call that anything other than common sense since it's basically impossible to accomplish something you set out to accomplish without actually imagining it first.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Intentiion is a "push" flow. Often when you push at something you actually push it away. So then flip to a "pull" flow and hopefully it will come towards you.

Atr basis of this is the CDEINR Scale. This stands for Curious about - Desired - Enforced - Inhibited - No - Refused.

One starts off being curious about something, then desires it, then tries to enforce having it, then withdrawing from it, then not wanting it, and then refusing to have it.

The scale is not perfect as it stands - I have always felt it needs some work done to correct it. However it is useful as it is. But in simple terms: Instead of pushing your demands at the desired object to enforce that it come to you, just create the space in your area for it to come to and then withdraw from it.

It might work and then you can say you did it!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Helpful Hint:

Scientology has, minimally, two opposite reasons for any success or any failure. They are utterly contradictory.

REASON SOMETHING HAPPENED:

1. Good Outcome (A)

2. Good Outcome (negative A)

3. Bad Outcome (B)

4. Bad Outcome (negative B)​
Here is the way the magic trick works.

No matter what happens, you can pick the number 1-4 that matches what you want to believe or wish to assert to another. You simply pick the right one (after the fact) and you never lose.

Therefore, anything and everything that happens in life can be both PREDICTED and SOLVED by reference to the "tech". This is why "Scientology Works!"

In carnival games the pitchman yells: "Step right up! Step right up! Everyone's a Winner!"

Scientology pitchmen, being far more new-age slick declare: "Scientology is the only game in the universe where everyone wins!"

The idea that Scientology has one (1) standard tech that says one (1) thing is probably the single biggest lie in all of the complicated hoax known as Scientology.

Dilettante

Patron Meritorious
Wanting something is good, the game should be healthy. Wanting it badly can suck and lose it's game. Want it as much as you can benefit from it and not much more to keep it fun. Be okay with losing a few rounds because then it's really worth having when you do win the game. Or you realize you didn't need to win this one afterall and you love learning that about you.

On a TV show a little girl asked her Tia, "When am I ready to wear make-up?" The answer, "As soon as realize you are truly satisfied with what you are and you know you don't need it."

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
Could just be that magical thinking doesn't work. Some things you can control, many things you can't. If you really want something, and aren't afraid to try your best to get it, you can apply the control you do have to the fullest extent you can — by doing things, not by sitting around wishing.

Sometimes that's enough to succeed. Sometimes it's not. Either way, wishing doesn't make it so. Neither does not wishing.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
This is the 'secret', DM style.

Sometimes you want something and it doesn't happen. That is the time to look for the counter intention and throw him or her on the RPF.

Now the guy whose counter intention was so strong is really fuming and you will never get what was intended. So you throw him or her on the RPF's RPF.

Stats still haven't climbed back so you throw the stat crasher into SPland etc etc etc.

DM doesn't seem to know the CDEINR scale, only the punishment scale!

Sis O' Sign

Patron with Honors
Thank you all the answers!!

I don't know how to quote here several responses,
... the CDEINR Scale. This stands for Curious about - Desired - Enforced - Inhibited - No - Refused.

One starts off being curious about something, then desires it, then tries to enforce having it, then withdrawing from it, then not wanting it, and then refusing to have it.

The scale is not perfect as it stands - I have always felt it needs some work done to correct it. However it is useful as it is. But in simple terms: Instead of pushing your demands at the desired object to enforce that it come to you, just create the space in your area for it to come to and then withdraw from it.

It might work and then you can say you did it!

Probably this (with bold font) was the missing piece for me.

Also the other answers, like the one with the little girl about make-up - or those that say that in Scn you find data that work this way, and then they work the other way...

And I guess that it's good to be open-minded and get information from as many sources as you need it and pick what you find workable - it's great to meet here people who are also through with the One Way Only And Exclusively, The Only Truth There Is Is Here In These Materials, Everybody And Everything Else Is Wrong, And You Are Doomed If You Dare To Think In Any Other Way thinking... :)

As a thank you, here's a a few words I wrote some time ago:

I LET YOU...

I let you be what you wanna be,
I let you do what you wanna do,
I let you what you wanna have,
I let you give what you wanna give,
I let you take what you wanna take,
I let you think what you wanna think,
I let you say what you wanna say,
I let you feel what you wanna feel,

Whatever should it be,
For that is you.

- Andrea Gerak

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
It seems, pehaps, that scientology ( God rest it's dead soul - if it ever had one) seems to think - and foster - that a "being" needs to separate from the universe and do something to make a "postulate', uh, heppen. They seem to see it as, in their words, a "doingness".

In truth, it seems to me that the more connected one is with the universe the more natural a state they are in and rather than DO something with postulates that ones thoughts are lighter and allow oneself to be in alignment with the energies of the universe that are their eagerly awaiting to flow with ones desires.

In a nutshell, scientology had it all com;petely backwards - the question remains : Did Hubbard know that all along?

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Be - Do - Have enters in when postulates fail and Time enters the equation. Up until then mere postulqts are enough.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Quite the contrary. Creation by postulate is not possible when it is forced into a time stream.

That is the same error in logic. In this case, it is not possible to create in the absence of time.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is the 'secret', DM style.

Sometimes you want something and it doesn't happen. That is the time to look for the counter intention and throw him or her on the RPF.

Now the guy whose counter intention was so strong is really fuming and you will never get what was intended. So you throw him or her on the RPF's RPF.

Stats still haven't climbed back so you throw the stat crasher into SPland etc etc etc.

DM doesn't seem to know the CDEINR scale, only the punishment scale!

Isnt anything that works just perverted to control in Scn.

CDEINR covert Pavlov ?

thetagal

Patron

Hi. Cause is source-point, a point from which something emanates. Intention is what eminates from cause.

Putting out an intention is just fine, as long as in doing so you aren't counter-intending someone's elses intention. Example, falling in love with someone and wanting that person...person doesn't want you. Well, yes, there is reach and withdraw, but if the person doesn't want you then it just isn't going to work.

In Scientology we are freeing beings so they can make their own choices. If you intend something and it doesn't counter another it usually flows pretty well. Doing the negative approach you mentioned sounds more like psychology than Scientology.

The physical universe seems to have a built in lag on compliance with a thetan's intention. But if you intend "with" others, not against them you will most likely get what you want.

Just don't be stupid and be like the lady who wants to dance and has no legs. There is a Policy in Scientology called "Name, Want and Get". But it has to be real.

Gadfly

Crusader
In Scientology we are freeing beings so they can make their own choices. If you intend something and it doesn't counter another it usually flows pretty well. Doing the negative approach you mentioned sounds more like psychology than Scientology.

In Scientology we are freeing beings?

Really? That is the CLAIM. That is the ASSERTION. That is the PR LINE. That is the "postulate" that Hubbard makes and puts out there for all to grasp onto as some "truth". He does that often. The entire subject of Scientology is a large interwoven fabric of various threads, where each thread is some different and related "assertion", where the assertion often has little or no basis in "fact", "experience", "observation", "reality" or "possibility". He tricks you into agreeing with his lies (where lying is understood as a low form of creation - Hubbard's own words).

After over 25 years involved with the subject and the practice, I did NOT see THAT happening.

At best what you claim is an unattainable ideal.

Scientology is the subject and practice that CLAIMS that upon completing Grade 0 that you have the ability gained of being able to communicate with anyone on any subject.

Except that the same subject and practice of Scientology enforces strict disconnection of people and subjects that effectively prevents you from freely communicating with a great many things.

Scientology is filled with (empty) CLAIMS, that masquerade as truth, and a great many (less-than-bright) folks accept these as true and continue to forward the endless nonsense on others.

Scientology is the subject and practice that CLAIMS that it aims to create a world without war. And then the same subject and practice of Scientology creates ENDLESS warlike scenarios by following LRH policies that intentionally CREATES ENEMIES where none actually exist (ref: policies on fair game, handling critics, the use of overwhelming lawsuits, noisy investigations, never defend and always attack, etc). Can you imagine if any government actually adopted these same Scientology "justice" policies and OSA policies? They would be out manufacturing realities, lying, and CREATING warlike scenarios as a common practice - based on exact Scientology principles! :omg:

Scientology is the subject and practice that CLAIMS that it supports "free speech", and then systematically and brutally goes after, with intentions to HARM, anybody who behaves in anyway that is critical of Scientology.

This list of example where Hubbard CLAIMS things, that the followers blindly accept as true, is nearly endless. It wouldn't be bad if the claims held any substance, but more than not, the claims are deceptions and function as LURES. The many claims, assertions and statements made by Hubbard, that he presents as "hard facts" often based on his non-existant "research", are largely empty promises (purported "ideals") that function as bright and shiny LURES, which are entirely intended to attract and trap YOU!

But keep believing the BS. Luckily for you it IS a "free country" where what the Constitution and Bill of Rights state and claim ARE generally aligned with actual realities. That NOT being the case in Scientology.

Scientology frees beings . . . . . :duh:

++++++++++++++

Last edited: