What's new

Mike Rinder

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think it's funny that some folks assume and assert that Rinder is doing nothing in one breath and then in the next wonder how much of the tech he's applying from his old post! To me it's a no brainer that he is using what he learned in the church. But now he's targeting the church, and for that I am all for it! :D

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
I personally believe and see that Mile Rinder is trying to come clean.
Bit by bit.

- Yes, He's holding on to this Independent community and sticks to Marty's camp.

I saw his face when Marty was talking during their "fishing experiment". Mike wasn't too excited about Scn tech (that Marty was too excited about at telling Mike).

I think it's funny that some folks assume and assert that Rinder is doing nothing in one breath and then in the next wonder how much of the tech he's applying from his old post! To me it's a no brainer that he is using what he learned in the church. But now he's targeting the church, and for that I am all for it! :D

That is certainly one target he appears to have. Whether or not he has others and what they may be, if they in fact exist, remains unclear.

Mark A. Baker

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's just ridiculous!

If Heber, all of a sudden, came to Marty's.... would you give him the same shit you have given (in abundance) to Mike Rinder?

WHAT other(s)???

That is the question. Some believe he has other targets. Others believe he's a 'good guy' who regrets his past and is in the process of reform. Others don't accept his 'reformation' but also don't accept he has an 'hidden agenda'. Lots of speculations, rumor, and gossip. See recent threads dealing with similar gossip & innuendo.

No one has genuine knowledge except Rinder and he hasn't been sufficiently forthcoming as to allay all reasonable questions.

Life on earth is uncertain. This is simply one more area of uncertainty.

Mark A. Baker

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
That is the question. Some believe he has other targets. Others believe he's a 'good guy' who regrets his past and is in the process of reform. Others don't accept his 'reformation' but also don't accept he has an 'hidden agenda'. Lots of speculations, rumor, and gossip. See recent threads dealing with similar gossip & innuendo.

No one has genuine knowledge except Rinder and he hasn't been sufficiently forthcoming as to allay all reasonable questions.

Life on earth is uncertain. This is simply one more area of uncertainty.

Mark A. Baker

I suggest we let Rinder decide for himself. - At least he hasn't backed off from the scene, and is STILL active.
- Any way he's active is good. (Some are just TOO impatient)

It's just ridiculous!

If Heber, all of a sudden, came to Marty's.... would you give him the same shit you have given (in abundance) to Mike Rinder?

That would depend very much upon what he first had to say. The excuse 'obeying command intention' is not a soap that washes away the stain of a criminal life spent on behalf of the church. However, given Heber's age & health my first concern would be for him and his family & close friends.

Rathbun has had a lot of time to open up and & clean up his act. He has used that time for self promotion and attacks against prominent independents whose persecutions he built a career upon within the church. I've always been open to MR's reform. To date I've seen precious little from him which actually acknowledges the full measure of his own crimes & abuses. Instead he dismisses his crimes as 'the way things were done' and calls those who he & the church persecuted 'victims'. :eyeroll:

Rathbun? Not impressed. :no:

Hoping for better. :yes:

Mark A. Baker

I suggest we let Rinder decide for himself. - At least he hasn't backed off from the scene, and is STILL active.
- Any way he's active is good. (Some are just TOO impatient)

A full & public acknowledgement of responsibility for the criminality of one's own actions does not require anyone having to wait.

:waiting:

Might as well put the kettle on. This could take awhile. :morecoffee:

Mark A. Baker

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Was he the only one who committed the crimes?

Is he the one responsible for all and any of them?

Don't you see the system behind any and all of this?

Was he the only one who committed the crimes?

Is he the one responsible for all and any of them?

Don't you see the system behind any and all of this?

Actually VaD, systems don't commit crimes. They can't. They are imaginary constructs used to simplify & describe complex human interactions. System is simply a collective term used to as a 'placeholder' for the complex behavior of individual human beings.

Individuals are the ones who commit crimes & abuses. Sometimes these individuals work together. Sometimes they work alone.

What causes the organized crime rings which plague societies are the people who support them. What allowed slavery to exist for thousands of years are the people who accepted it as a fact of life or as a 'part of the system'. What allowed the Holocaust was an unwillingness to accept responsibility for challenging the way other people were 'gaming' the system. Stalin & his supporters ordered the purges & genocidal relocations. Not the system. The reason the u.s. started an illegal & unnecessary war in the middle east has nothing to do with the system and everything to do with the people. Blaming the system is just an abandonment of individual responsibility.

None of us can escape responsibility for our own actions or inactions. That phenomenon is what has traditionally been attempted to be explained & described through the doctrine of karma.

There is however a magic secret which allows for the minimization and, upon occasion, the elimination of 'bad karma'. That secret is to accept full & complete responsibility for one's own actions & decisions. Ascribing such responsibilities to the groups to which one has belonged is simply denial & avoidance of one's own responsibilities.

Mark A. Baker

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh please, not another Rinder thread.
VaD please go read all the others, lurk more. Please.

Seriously, VaD. Lurk. Please. Moar.

Actually VaD, systems don't commit crimes. They can't. They are imaginary constructs used to simplify & describe complex human interactions. System is simply a collective term used to as a 'placeholder' for the complex behavior of individual human beings.

Individuals are the ones who commit crimes & abuses. Sometimes these individuals work together. Sometimes they work alone.

What causes the organized crime rings which plague societies are the people who support them. What allowed slavery to exist for thousands of years are the people who accepted it as a fact of life or as a 'part of the system'. What allowed the Holocaust was an unwillingness to accept responsibility for challenging the way other people were 'gaming' the system. Stalin & his supporters ordered the purges & genocidal relocations. Not the system. The reason the u.s. started an illegal & unnecessary war in the middle east has nothing to do with the system and everything to do with the people. Blaming the system is just an abandonment of individual responsibility.

None of us can escape responsibility for our own actions or inactions. That phenomenon is what has traditionally been attempted to be explained & described through the doctrine of karma.

There is however a magic secret which allows for the minimization and, upon occasion, the elimination of 'bad karma'. That secret is to accept full & complete responsibility for one's own actions & decisions. Ascribing such responsibilities to the groups to which one has belonged is simply denial & avoidance of one's own responsibilities.

Mark A. Baker

1. What parctiular crime has Mike Rinder has commited that you know of.
- Do you have any evidence?

2. What?

Gadfly

Crusader
A. I'm not his accuser.

B. Head of OSA is good for starters. :p

Mark A. Baker

One need only check into all of the many activities of OSA, which Rinder was the HEAD of.

Noisy investigations. Manufacturing contrived realities to cause people trouble or frame them (ala Paulette Cooper type capers). Initiating overwhelming lawsuits to "destroy" enemies. Digging up and spreading black propaganda on critics, or MAKING UP the dirt and then promoting the lies.

I know people over the past 10 years who were set up in contrived situations by OSA. OSA staff, using Scientology public, set out to create situations with the aim to entrap certain critics into these situations, and then use the "fact" of the situation to cause the people difficulties. Rinder was the BOSS of all of that. He was the director of the dirty tricks department, and they perpetrated LOTS of dirty tricks.

Crimes? You tell me. :confused2:

Scientology has always viewed itself "above the law", as Hubbard makes it clear that he has a VERY lowly view of "wog ethics and justice". Hubbard's view has pretty much been to force THEM to adhere to Scientology ethics & justice! Remember, the GO happily committed crimes, one example being the indictments of Mary Sue and others. While the name changed from "GO" (Guardian's Office) to OSA (Office of Special Affairs), the functions, purposes, policies and actions stayed pretty much exactly the same.

++++++++++++

lovely...

...another rinder thread.

there are plenty of people who would condemn col. tibbets for piloting the enola gay. i'm not one of them but i wouldn't shut them up if i could.

as i have posted elsewhere, mike's miranda rights are good at this desk