What's new

Exes who have OSA pasts

Anyone who thinks there is anything even slightly sinister about ex-OSA staff has never met Dan Garvin.

It depends what the person did for OSA.

I know some ex-OSA staff and operatives and yes, they are sinister.

I am not interested in a witch hunt or trying to scare anybody.

But the idea being implied that somehow OSA is an ineffective section of the Church that can't tie it's own shoes is going to be setting some people up for a big surprise later on.

Well, I don't see the Church disappearing. I've been reading posts for years now about how any day now it will collapse and the Feds will raid it and Miscavige will be jailed. But the Church goes on.

And even the former head of OSA claims to be an-ex, yet he is still surrounded by intrigues.

I think some people are kidding themselves about OSA and the Church, and they are convincing others to kid themselves too.

Most people here as individuals are irrelevant to OSA. But the Board brings them together as a group.

So instead of a bunch of broken isolated individuals that can't effect the Church, there is now a group of recovering exes who realize they are not alone and coordinate and share their stories and show the darker side of Scientology to anyone who wants to look.

This would be a prime target for OSA.

Emma isn't having legal problems for jaywallking, you know.

Witch hunts weaken us. But so too does convincing ourselves that OSA is ineffective.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Thanks for writing that Patty. I don't know you and I don't know all that much about what happened out there in the years before I started reading. I have sometimes felt like your posts were like a tornado coming out of left stage and there have been posts I really disliked simply because of the anger I felt in them. But hey, we all have our ways of communicating and a place to have a voice, unless it gets into witchhunts.

I do appreciate where you are coming from, this is so familiar to me as ex Go staff as well:

As the Dir of Rehab I was not privy to what went on in B1. Only those in B1 knew what was going on. Just because someone worked for the Guardians Office or OSA does not mean they knew of or were involved in the really creepy stuff done in that area. Non B1/Invest staff are told to mind their
business and to turn their eyes away from anything to do with the Invest area. Non Invest staff were not allowed in the Invest offices or if they did go
in, they could not be in there alone, they had to always be accompanied by invest staff.

Security was always extremely tight. I used to have to sleep with my keys to door that let me into the Guardians Office and when awake I would wear them around my neck because to leave keys unattended even for 1 second meant lower conditions and having to buy a whole new lock and key system for the Guardians Office Door.

Extreme security like this and like the treatment and handling of your OT Folders is part of the indoctrination that drives in the paranoia and the importance of protecting Scientology from it’s “enemies”.

It was a very peculair environment and I didn't leave it with a great deal of trust for anyone. Time and the sincere support of friends has changed that. No-one has called me OSA - to my face anyway - and although I didn't do B1 projects I did type a lot of B1 stuff, know how it works and people who did.

I don't get this calling you and Emma OSAOSAOSA.

The innuendo that you were doing the lists for any purpose but the obvious ones, which you have expanded on here, is so bizarre that it reflects the kind of mind I thought I had seen the last of in the GO!
:)

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
VC, I think you are going to find that most exes are going to have some attachment to OSA. Like Tory Christman, that's where they start to wake up.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
VC, I think you are going to find that most exes are going to have some attachment to OSA. Like Tory Christman, that's where they start to wake up.

Agreed. It wasn't until I saw what OSA was all about that I *really* woke up. Until then I think I still held onto some of the "hope" that things would all resolve one day and everything would be OK. After working for them I realised that this just wasn't the case.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Agreed. It wasn't until I saw what OSA was all about that I *really* woke up. Until then I think I still held onto some of the "hope" that things would all resolve one day and everything would be OK. After working for them I realised that this just wasn't the case.

Me too. I left GO staff in 82 and even when I paid lip service as a scio for many more years, once you have seen the inside of the beast you can't unsee it.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Me too. I left GO staff in 82 and even when I paid lip service as a scio for many more years, once you have seen the inside of the beast you can't unsee it.

Yes! That reminds me of this:

336-what-has-been-seen-cannot-be-unseen.jpg

Gadfly

Crusader

Yeah, same for me. I really began to question "my church" when I first learned what OSA (GO) had done to Paulette Cooper in the name of "protecting the Scientology religion". I was completely dumbfounded with the notion that they would happily lie, deceive and manufacture false perceptions of reality, AND directly HARM an innocent human being simply to "handle potential bad PR". How they "set up" the ex-mayor of Clearwater, Gabe Cavavez, in a contrived scenario was also too much for me.

The basic contradiction was that I got involved in Scientology because I was concerned with "truth". And, here were senior members of te Church, under direct orders from Hubbard, intentionally distorting truth and setting people up in phony contrived crimes that they did NOT actually commit!

OSA did that, and OSA happily continues to do such things.

While I think the tide has turned against Scientology, I agree with TAJ. It would be a mistake to underestimate what they still might do, especially while undergoing frantic last-ditch attempts to NOT drown. Remember, these folks are fanatics. The normal and fairly sane person often cannot fathom the depth of depravity that these types of people will go to "help their cause".

But also, due largely to the Internet, ANYTHING they do now that is discovered will get posted all over the world quickly. It is people learning about the nasty tactics of OSA that really makes them look even WORSE! So, the application of LRH OSA-tech as a "handling" will often backfire on them due to the wide exposure of such crazy behaviors by the Church of Scientology. The Internet is your friend!

++++++++++++++

Last edited:

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
................. I couldn’t really help it because I come from a long line of rather outspoken women.

Ahhhh an outspoken woman, one of your many truly fine qualities Pooks:)

.................And so all that tl;dr is just to let you know that yes, I’m an EX OSA retard, and truly apologize for that and have done my best to make up for damages done, but that don’t mean I’m going to sit back and let retards spread fear and lie about shit I know about...........

Thank you for posting from your heart. It is very much appreciated by myself.

The GO and OSA are but two of the more obvious names put to units of organized scientology wherein was found insane and abusive actions. And there were other units of organized scientology in whose name equally crazy actions were taken, all based on crazy Hubbard policies that were often followed. RTC, WDC, CMO, Author Services (for example) come to mind.

For that matter, I suspect that insane and abusive actions that constantly hurt innocent people are carried out every day throughout organized scientology by regs, ethics officers and others in orgs around the world where families are financially destroyed through crush regging or more directly through such things as insane ethics conditions and disconnection.

You have had the courage to speak out Patty and you have been doing so for years. You have nothing more for which to appologise. You are doing something about it and you have helped people though getting out the truth in many ways. Thank you!!!

Scientology is built with many inherently evil policies and insanities written into many policies. I believe that the good intentions of many ex staff like yourself were prayed upon by a madman and many immature and/or misled people who destroyed others for what ended up being worldly gain, all in the name of a questionably beneficial, outdated 1950s-type of therapy administered by highly unqualified practioners while cloaked in religion.

How could it not get crazy trying to support and defend that?

IMO

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I'd hardly call ESMB an "anti-scientology organisation". It's a message board! There are no "high positions" in ESMB. As you've noted, Emma is queen here but we're really just a bunch of individuals with a mutual cause for concern. We post about those concerns.

Right. It is a forum for ex members. But I would say that its focus is mainly anti, because the majority of people here are done with CofS and also Scn, as well. That's not criticism on my part. It's more an observation of demographic.

Such a majority stance would be inevitable, under the circumstances. And it's certainly fine with me.

But then again, despite some things said in the past, I have never ever had a problem with criticism of Scn being posted. Not since about maybe 6 months or so after I first got in the internet and was then, well on the way to being unindoctrinated.

Some fora are kinder and gentler with minority viewpoints than others- this one being such.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
One thing I was wondering is why do some people's OSA pasts get lobbed in their faces by various foes and detractors, while other people who did plenty for OSA never have it cast up to them?

That's why I called it political. The concern may not be the stated concern (past "shenanigans" with OSA) but may be something else, unstated.

Gadfly

Crusader
Right. It is a forum for ex members. But I would say that its focus is mainly anti, because the majority of people here are done with CofS and also Scn, as well. That's not criticism on my part. It's more an observation of demographic.

Such a majority stance would be inevitable, under the circumstances. And it's certainly fine with me.

But then again, despite some things said in the past, I have never ever had a problem with criticism of Scn being posted. Not since about maybe 6 months or so after I first got in the internet and was then, well on the way to being unindoctrinated.

Some fora are kinder and gentler with minority viewpoints than others- this one being such.

True. I would guess that most folks who consider themselves ex-Scios have found more bad than good, from their own experiences and observations, and thus tend to be more "anti" than not. But as we have both said before, it need not be entirely one way or the other of the two possible extremes.

People who still find value in certain aspects of the subject, whether attaching themselves to the label "Scientologist" or not, have much less of an interest in the many "anti" discussions here. And also, many who still find some value in the subject still can easily find a great deal wrong with both the Scientology organization AND with the LRH subject materials that form the basis of the Scientology organization.

Great way to say it Fluffy - "well on the way to being unindoctrinated". :thumbsup:

+++++++++

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
LOL. In the phrase "anti-scientology organisation" my attention was more on the word "organisation". ESMB is, to me, a message board but hardly an organisation. I think of ESMB in many ways but organised ain't one of them. :D

In any event, Helena clarified what she meant by the description in a later post. I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek, it just kinda amused me. :)

Good twin

Floater
One thing I was wondering is why do some people's OSA pasts get lobbed in their faces by various foes and detractors, while other people who did plenty for OSA never have it cast up to them?

That's why I called it political. The concern may not be the stated concern (past "shenanigans" with OSA) but may be something else, unstated.

Fluffy you know I love you. Do you really want to stir up this shit storm now that it has finally calmed down a bit? I think Pooks handled it well with her post on this thread.

Happy Easter to ALL.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I think it's gone ok. No flaming on this thread. By now, I think there'd have been some if it was destined...

I wrote it because of something I saw the other day, actually.

I really wanted to make this point. It's about the double standard. I've not seen any other post bringing this up. I needed to say it.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Happy Easter to you, too, though I never track that particular pagan holiday turned Christian holiday since I'm neither Christian nor pagan.

(though, if I had to pick...)

Hope y'all have some nice rabbit on the table today! :coolwink:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Evidently. So better expect a lot of shops that are usually open on Sunday to be closed, if you're in the US. They still observe Easter here, even with the constant waves of political correctness...