What's new

Publication day for Cruise book

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Some immediate media:

Author of Tom Cruise biography dispels rumours about Scientology actorhttp://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5iC_3K-suyNYbzJw8ysKVhIZQ2npQ

Cruise biographer: ‘He breathes his religion’
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22648664/

Publisher dumps Tom Cruise book
http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/publisher-dumps-tom-cruise-book/2008/01/15/1200159419934.html

In this article - A manager at Sydney bookshop Kinokuniya said that books are normally printed and stocked on shelves until legal action is taken.

"Basically our brief as a company is to have the best range of books, so until there is an actually legal case put against the book we'll continue stocking it," Sydney store manager, Steve Jones, said.

"I think the legal issues with the book are purely in the hands the author and publisher, it's not up to the retailer to censor the book.

"A company like Kinokuniya will sell what the customers want. We're not dictated by author, publisher community group."

Tom Cruise biographer Andrew Morton 'Unauthorized,' unbowed.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2008-01-14-andrew-morton_N.htm

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
The Tom Cruise video was down from radaronline when I just went there.

But it's here now.

What a complete fanatic!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Read an excerpt from Andrew Morton’s controversial new book

Here is an exclusive excerpt, taken from chapter 6:

As anxious as a teenager on his first date, David Miscavige, the young leader of Scientology, impatiently paced around the immaculately arranged cabana as he waited for his guest on a Saturday night in the late summer of 1989. While no expense or effort had been spared to impress his visitor, by the agreed arrival time of eight o’clock there was still no sign of Tom Cruise. Watches were nervously checked, and as minutes turned into hours, cult minions made frantic phone calls. David Miscavige was not a man who liked to be kept waiting.

But wait he did, becoming more and more furious as his carefully laid plans came to naught. By the time Tom, who had recently finished filming "Born on the Fourth of July", arrived at the Gold Base Scientology fortress, it was long past eleven o’clock, and the actor, tired by the journey from Beverly Hills, went straight to bed.

More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22613285/

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
In the above document they state that Scn was never banned in Australia...

And so much more that I have to clean the keyboard as I unfortunately had a drink in my hand at the time....

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
This is a transcript of the footbullet Tom Cruise video in case it's taken down again.

Thanks Wieber on OCMB
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=24749&postorder=asc&start=30

Transcription:

Quote:
Announcer:
But if that’s what Mr Cruise has brought to this world there still remains one more word on the man. Call it Tom Cruise on Tom Cruise, Scientologist.

Tom Cruise:
I think it’s a privilege to call yourself a Scientologist and it’s something that you have to earn and because a Scientologist does. He or she has the ability to create new and better realities and improve conditions. Uh, being a Scientologist you look at someone and you know absolutely that you can help them.

So for me it really is KSW and it’s just like, it’s, it’s something that uh, I don’t mince words with that. You know with, with anything that LRH says but that policy to me has really gone ffff boy ahrahmaby. There’s a time I went through and I said, ‘You know what?’ When I read it ah you know I just went phooo this is it; is exactly it.

Being a Scientologist . . . When you drive past an accident, it’s not like anyone else. As you drive past you know you have to do something about it because you know you’re the only one that can really help.

But that’s . . . that’s what drives me is that I know that we have an opportunity and uh to really help for the first time eff-effectively change people’s lives and ah I am dedicated that. I’m gonna I’m absolutely uncompromisingly dedicated to that.

Orgs are there to help. OK but we as you know as also the public it’s like we have a responsibility. It’s not just the orgs. It’s not just Dave Miscavige. You know it’s not just not just me. It’s you. It’s everyone out there kinda sss rereading KSW and looking at what needs to be done and saying OK am I gonna do it or am I not gonna do it? Period. And am I gonna look at that guy or am I too afraid because I have my own out ethics to put in someone else’s ethics? And that’s all it comes down to.

‘Cause I won’t hesitate to put ethics in on someone else, you know, ‘cause I put it ruthlessly in on myself. And I think that aah I respect that in in others. And uh you know I’m there to help and we’re here to help and my opinion is is that look, you’re on board or you’re not on board. OK? But just if you’re on board, you’re on board just like the rest of us. Period.

We are the authorities on getting people off drugs. We are the authorities on the mind. We are the authorities on improving conditions. Criminon. We can rehabilitate criminals. Way to Happines; we bring peace. Uuh-an and unite cultures. Uh. That once you know these tools and you know that they work it’s, it’s not good enough that I’m just doing ok.

Travelling the world and meeting the people that I’ve that I’ve met, you know, talking with these leaders in di various fields . . . they want help and they are depending on people who know and who can be effective and do it and that’s us. That is our responsibility to do that.

It is the time now. Now is the time. OK? It is being a Scientologist people are turning to you so you better know it. You better know it. And if you don’t you know go and learn it. You know. But don’t pretend you know it and or foo or whatever. It’s like we’re here to help.

I mean if you’re a Scientologist you see life the you see things the way they are in all its glory you know? All of its complexity uh and the more you know as a Scientologist you don’t become overwhelmed by it.

And uh <couldn’t hear it> you know she . . . They said, “So like have you met an SP?” And I looked at them and ah you know and I thought, how what a beautiful thing because maybe one day it’ll be like that. You know what I’m saying. Maybe one day it’ll be that – Wow SPs! Like they’ll just read about those in the history books, you know?

Any I just go through that tech and it’s it’s literally, it’s not how to run from an SP. It’s PTS SP how to shatter suppression; how to confront and shatter suppression. You apply it, it’s like, boom.

Because they don’t come up to me and do that. Uh they don’t do it to me, not to my face, you know, or anywhere in my vicinity where they feel they can be confronted yeah. They just don’t do it.

I wish the world was a different place. I’d like to go on vacation and go and romp and play and just do that. You know what I mean? I mean that’s what I want it to be. OK? That’s how ah I you know and there’s times I’d like to do that but, but I can’t. Because I know. I know. So eeh eeh you know once you know, you just khe I have to do something about it. It’s not . . . you know you can sit here and wish it was different and then you look at it and you say OK this is it, alright OK and there’s that moment when you go, you know, I have to do something don’t I? Yeah, I really have to do it because I can’t live with myself if I don’t and it’s, and that really is it.

I don’t care if someone thinks it’s hard or easy, it’s ei, either helping and contributing everything you can or you’re not. OK? Uuh because I’m carrying my load. Alright? And not only that as much as I’m carrying I still feel like I gotta do more. Alright? There’s still a thing of: Let’s go!

You can just see the look in their eyes you know the ones that are doing, you know, and you know the spectators who are the ones that are going, “Well, it’s easy for you, or what am I doing” and it’s just . . . that thing is uh, I’ve cancelled that in my area – where my . . . It’s either man you’re either in or you’re out. That’s spectatorism and it’s something that, that is, we have no time for it now.

So it’s our responsibility to educate, create the new reality. You know we have that responsibility to say, “Hey! This is the way it should be done. Because we do it this way and people are actually getting better.

And, let’s get it done. You know, let’s really get it done and have enough love, compassion and toughness that that you’re gonna do it. Uuh and uh do it right.

And I have to tell you something. I really i-i-it is you know it’s rough and tumble. Ah it’s wild and wooly and it’s a blast. It’s a blast. It really is fun. Because, damn it there’s nothing better . . . than to going out there and fighting the fight and suddenly you see pwoo things are better.

I want to know that I’ve done everything I could uuh every day. And I think about those people out there who are depending on . . . us. And uh, I think about that. And it does make me feel like man yer gotta get thers you know? We got more work. I need more help. You know get those spectators – you’re in the playing field or outa the arena. You know? That’s how I really that’s how I feel about it.

I do what I can. And I do it . . . the way I do everything. There’s nothing part of the way for me. It’s just phoo!

Announcer:
A Scientologist can be defined by a single question: “Would you want others to achieve the knowledge you now have?” In answering that question, Tom Cruise has introduced LRH technology to over one billion people of Earth and that’s only the first wave he’s unleashed, which is why the story of Tom Cruise, Scientologist, has only just begun.

Slide on screen:
TOM CRUISE
IAS
FREEDOM MEDAL OF VALOR
WINNER

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Intersting. It sounds to me that Tom is getting closer to leaving! :thumbsup:

The more fanatical a Scientologist becomes the closer they are getting to the day when they realise it's all a hall of mirrors.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Intersting. It sounds to me that Tom is getting closer to leaving! :thumbsup:

The more fanatical a Scientologist becomes the closer they are getting to the day when they realise it's all a hall of mirrors.

It's the maniacal laughter that got me. That bloke is under incredible stress.

petraph33

Patron with Honors
It's the maniacal laughter that got me. That bloke is under incredible stress.

Yes, definitely that insane laughter but also he is really acting it out. He is a "great" actor (is not) and he is really playing his "part" in that movie. wonder when he is going to get back into the real world and realize that the script is not what it seems..... I also think he is in way too deep and that this biography (unauthorized... sorry :) ) is just about to blow that cover. Once the actual witnesses come forward in the press, who can attest to parts of that book, Scn is going to loose ground like mad and so will he. This Scn ship is going to sink in 2008. It has already major leaks. :yes:

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've seen other celebs go down this route over the years.

Once they start referring to KSW, the lie that they are aboard "on the same terms as the rest of us" becomes apparent to them. They lay themsleves open to an ethics handling or two and the cracks in their view of Scn start to appear.

He can fake the dedicated glare as much as he likes, but he'll know he's faking it. This acts as a Missed W/H on the celeb because he's playing the Scn tech game. He'll start to natter and individaute from the group.

This is the fate of celebs, because LRH made an exception of them, due to their recruiting PR value. Therefore they are never aboard on the same terms as the rest of us, so they are doomed to become either quiet, mostly inactive Scn celebs or they quit Scn.

petraph33

Patron with Honors

Once they start referring to KSW, the lie that they are aboard "on the same terms as the rest of us" becomes apparent to them. They lay themsleves open to an ethics handling or two and the cracks in their view of Scn start to appear.

He can fake the dedicated glare as much as he likes, but he'll know he's faking it. This acts as a Missed W/H on the celeb because he's playing the Scn tech game. He'll start to natter and individaute from the group.

This is the fate of celebs, because LRH made an exception of them, due to their recruiting PR value. Therefore they are never aboard on the same terms as the rest of us, so they are doomed to become either quiet, mostly inactive Scn celebs or they quit Scn.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :goodposting:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I like the statement right at the end of the video that TC has introduced over one billion people to Scn. And then to add "credibility", they give the figure right down to the last digit, as if they had every single name recorded!

Right at the end of the long excerpt from the book is a long letter of denial from the CofS, dated in January 2008. Useful ammunition, as it contains documentable lies on such subjects as disconnection and never, ever, using a parishioner's pc data against the parishioner. And idiotic statements like accusations about Nicole Kidman are false because she doesn't have a single thing in her life to hide. Really? I don't know any different and I'm not accusing her of anything at all, but the statement that any particular person doesn't have a single withhold in the world is absurd.

That "PR" release is gonna bite them in the ass. Again.

Paul

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

I think you're right, LH.

I remember when TC first started using his position to promote Scientology instead of his movies a few years ago. I said to myself, "This is it. This is the beginning of the end of being a Scientologist for Tom Cruise."

You can only remain a Scientologist as long as there is not too much damage to your life from it. That takes staying very much aloof from it and not too involved.

Now that he has "aligned his dynamics" with Scientology and the Church, he is losing millions. The stable power base that he used to hold has been crumbling, and many of his "OT Abilities" are not panning out.

One of the most debilitating Hubbard-installed ideas is "a thetan can do anything". It was put there to get his adherents to make "wild charges in life" to "be OT so they can go OT".

The problem with all that is it's delusional. At a time in his life when he should be recognizing and coming to terms with his own limitations, he's avoiding them, and applying the delusions of Scientology.

It is a very short step from there to recognize that your life has not improved as a result of applying Scientology, but it has been damaged because of it. And as the recognition of that damage continues, the whole house of cards that is Scientology in the Scientologist's mind begins to collapse.

Being a fervent, LRH-style Scientologist is ultimately an unsustainable way to live.

Tom Cruise is on the verge of finding that out.