What's new

Sydney May 14 2011 Protest - OPERATION DOWNSTAT

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dianetics [ch]aniversary

NIGHT RAID

SATURDAY 14 MAY 2011

It's that time again. The Dianetics Sydney event is planned for the 14th of May 2011 and should start around 6-6:30PM.

We meet at 5pm in Victoria Park opposite the Broadway shopping centre and head to the org sometime before 6. Bring something warm or put on a lot of weight between then and now.

Given what has been happening lately, it promises to be interesting. The ideal org has not been built and now that we have seen their (down)stats, we can help inform them as to why.

Last raid we had the event moved. They probably won't be able to afford to do that again so we should be able to settle in at the org and let them know that Rex Fowler is in prison and ask Michael Gordon how his little 'voluntary retreat' was. Tommy Davis did say it was voluntary didn't he? Gotta, you were there, it's voluntary isn't it? :)

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Good one, racecar, I called the org but they wouldn't give the info out , they wanted my number and they'd call me back, I haven't had the call yet...see ya there!! Will bring our banner!

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
So are we sure it is at the AO, not the Sydney Org?

Also in light of the recent sneakiness from the last event, I suggest we have strong contingency plans in place. If James et al. is coming all the way from Canberra we certainly don't want them coming up for nothing and plans should be laid for every possible scilon shenanigans. Last time we were heavily unorganised and it took us hours to get to the Randwick racecourse!

The most obvious initial planning that is needed is the meeting place, as last time no-one ended up there due to vagueness of plans.
I suggest we agree upon an EXACT location in the park to meet, what the meeting timeframe is, and then what happens if you miss that timeframe.

After that perhaps we can make contingency plans in private to prevent Scientology adapting their own plans for evasion.

It is likely they won't be able to afford a function centre again for an event like this, but I urge everyone to not underestimate them. They are very vulnerable at the moment so they will try anything to avoid enturbulation.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
It has been confirmed 100% that the 14th is the event date in other cities (check out the thread I created below in Pickets & protests > Australia & New Zealand). Every event I have been to has been on Saturday night. That's the best info we have to date. Sydney is only confirming with a callback, so it is not possible to confirm 100%.

I have put this up now so that we have some warning. Fatman, as to the permit, please lodge it and if we do have to change it, let's just trust the police to help us out like they did last time when we had to relocate our permit. It will be fine.

'When your enemy retreats, advance'
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

This is an important protest because we have Sydney Scientology retreating. They are paying bills on 3 orgs and they are bleeding money. They have had to relocate high risk prisoners in Dundas. Their stats have leaked. We still haven't had a raid where we would discuss the guilty verdict on Rex Fowler. Liz and James banner turned out to be a lifesaver last protest. And there are other things planned for the near future.

I feel pretty positive that our presence at another raid could get more people out.

As to the location, after the last event, it's anyone's guess what they will try to pull. Castlereagh St is out (only Anons would party there) and I would be surprised if they used Hercules St because they can't get a bus in there and people would be stuck inside the building. Depending on numbers I may bring my car in case we have to move.

Liz and James, I would keep that weekend free wait until we have 100% confirmation.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bump.

Is there still interest in this raid?

I will be there. Anon Barbie is also going to be there. James Anderson is coming up from Canberra, and hopefully with Liz. Hudson said he'd be there also. Jump can't make it, though. :no:

We are starting a bit early just in case the Scilons try to pull something.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Date: May 14th, 2011

Time: 5:00 pm meet up. 5:30 pm arrive AOSH ANZO.

Place: Meet up is at Victoria Park just across from Broadway Shopping Centre.

See you all there!

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Best of luck to you all. Have a great protest, but watch out for irate cultists. The remaining ones seem to have become increasingly irrational in recent months. I look forward to reading the news of your picket afterwards.... and if I wasn't thousands of miles away, be assured I'd join you.

:shithitfan:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here exactly?

And what if we are late, and anon is not where we expect them?

Will we have cars available in case they decide to move somewhere like Randwick?

That's the spot.

We will move from there to the AOSH at 5:30.

I am bringing a car, just in case.

I'll PM you my mobile # as a safeguard.

We may get them to blow some money on another venue but they won't escape, lol. :D

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
That's the spot.

We will move from there to the AOSH at 5:30.

I am bringing a car, just in case.

I'll PM you my mobile # as a safeguard.

We may get them to blow some money on another venue but they won't escape, lol. :D

Can you imagine a few short years ago having to CHASE an event???
Them being so scared of NORMAL people?
It's rather hilarious.