What's new

Unmetered Grades

BlueCobra

Patron
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if it was possible to audit the grades (ARC/SW - Grade IV and Power, Power Plus) off the meter? and if so does anyone have any experience of this, either as an auditor or pc? did a quick search for this but only found little snippets of answers and a two hour video from David Mayo :melodramatic:.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Ken Ogger ("The Pilot") has a free ebook online called "Self Clearing," which matches the lower grades to a large extent and is self-audited and unmetered. I did about 240 hours of it in 2000. It wasn't bad. I found it possible to do, and it worked OK.

I have a PaulsRobot unmetered ARC S/W Expanded version freely available, link in my signature. It seems to work OK, although I'm not the best person to say that as I had already run all the processes before.

I suggest my general advice in such matters: try it (follow the instructions) and see! If it works well for you, great. If not, try something else.

Paul

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if it was possible to audit the grades (ARC/SW - Grade IV and Power, Power Plus) off the meter? and if so does anyone have any experience of this, either as an auditor or pc? did a quick search for this but only found little snippets of answers and a two hour video from David Mayo :melodramatic:.

Anything that's done metered can be done unmetered. Perhaps with assessment lists being an exception though even with those, I betcha could find a way.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if it was possible to audit ... off the meter? and if so does anyone have any experience of this, either as an auditor or pc? did a quick search for this but only found little snippets of answers and a two hour video from David Mayo :melodramatic:.

Could you tell me which tape that was and the URL, please?

Fly

Anything that's done metered can be done unmetered. Perhaps with assessment lists being an exception though even with those, I betcha could find a way.

Many years ago, after hundreds of hours experience --and before the dark ages-- Mayo began notice changes in eye movement, blinking, changes of pulse in carotid arteries, fidgets, etc., that served as well if not better than metered responses. I recall him discussing this with Hubbard at an auditor conference on the Apollo. Hubbard said it 'should be piloted' but it was soon dropped as it could 'cut across meter sales'.

Fly

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Many years ago, after hundreds of hours experience --and before the dark ages-- Mayo began notice changes in eye movement, blinking, changes of pulse in carotid arteries, fidgets, etc., that served as well if not better than metered responses. I recall him discussing this with Hubbard at an auditor conference on the Apollo. Hubbard said it 'should be piloted' but it was soon dropped as it could 'cut across meter sales'.

Fly

Fascinating. I had heard something about this a very very long time ago, but could not remember much about what I'd heard.

Wow.

moth

Patron
Maybe try interest

Whatever the receiver of the auditing is most interested in should be a safe guide, whether solo or delivering to another.

Maybe a simple "interest scale" of 1-3 etc. It would be a snap for solo. For delivering to another, it would take a little thought but you could devise some kind of system for assessing and managing by interest combined with very close observation of the pc.

If you know your stuff you don't need a meter. So I've heard.

moth

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Re: Maybe try interest

Whatever the receiver of the auditing is most interested in should be a safe guide, whether solo or delivering to another.

Maybe a simple "interest scale" of 1-3 etc. It would be a snap for solo. For delivering to another, it would take a little thought but you could devise some kind of system for assessing and managing by interest combined with very close observation of the pc.

If you know your stuff you don't need a meter. So I've heard.

moth

In psychology, the scale you might want to look at is "subjective units of distress", or "suds" scale. It's a 1-10 rating of distress on an issue. These tests are used in clinical trials as ONE of the measures to determine whether an issue is still troubling a person, has gotten worse, or has gotten better (before and after, sometimes including another check at six months, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, etc.).

I use this sort of measurement with viewers. Instead of doing a metered assessment. "Tell me some people, places, or issues that are stressing you out" is one of my interview questions. It can be worded in whatever manner gets the person to look and list what needs to be handled. Once the items are all on record, then I have them look at them all and rate them on a SUDS scale. Once they tell me what has their interest, off we go. Then, later, once that is handled, move along to the next, and ask if that order is still correct, if they are still interested in handling. Keep going. When you're finished, you're finished.

After that, if you want to go spelunking (and I like to) into Grades type areas, well, I'm fine with that, but not at the expense of the person re-engaging with their life. Solo, IMO, is a great way to find total delusion. You might be totally free in your mind, but in reality, you are losing touch with the world around you. There are faster ways to do that.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Re: Maybe try interest

In psychology, the scale you might want to look at is "subjective units of distress", or "suds" scale. It's a 1-10 rating of distress on an issue. These tests are used in clinical trials as ONE of the measures to determine whether an issue is still troubling a person, has gotten worse, or has gotten better (before and after, sometimes including another check at six months, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, etc.).

This is my RoboCounsellor SUDS Scale page at http://www.robocounsellor.com/node/26.

It includes the SUDS scale from Wikipedia. I find it an interesting scale, as without the regular guidelines in that Wikipedia article I would have tended to quantify my reactions very differently (and less usefully).

Paul