What's new

Read EXSCN for a long while and recently decided to register and say hello

frhidden

Patron with Honors
Dear ExScners,

Hello! A little about myself and my views.

I have had many gains in Scientology since joining in mid 70ies.

I always felt that my direct relationships with family and people were more important than what I was told to believe.

What grabbed me about Scientology is that it contained knowledge I wanted and felt it would increase my awareness. It did.

It was always too extreme for my liking even if it did trend me in the direction of being more extreme myself.

I liked this data from LRH:

LRH, Scientology 8-8008 Lectures [1953], pages 149-150 in transcript

[True friends...]

"For one thing they stand up for one, give him counsel, they help him in

adversity, they safeguard his reputation, won’t hear ill of him, share his

triumphs, ignore his faults."

I felt that Scientology was a friend so I could ignore many of its faults.

Family was always strong in my life and that stable datum proofed me form many attempts to "succeed" on staff: Cl4 Org, GO B1 GAS, GO, SO/OSA. I never could quite grok the staff game and became public in late 70ies.

Marriage about ten years later and a wife who was less open to BS than I was, proofed me further.

I hated the first IAS event and mistrusted Miscavage. I did not sign up for a year but finally caved.

About seven years ago I finally decided that I would have no more services in the CofS. What was asked and expected of me was not what I was willing to deliver.

A year ago I started services with a wise person who applies SCN standard tech on/with me to good results and I plan to continue this path for the time being.

It has taken me a while to decipher EXSCN - to find and read the interesting threads. I love the information from old-timers like Alan and his old buddies.

I do read and enjoy Marty's blog and read anything else that gives me information.

I like this definition of responsibility:

"RESPONSIBILITY: THE NONRECOGNITION AND DENIAL OF THE RIGHT OF INTERVENTION BETWEEN ONESELF AND ANY BEING, IDEA, MATTER, ENERGY, SPACE, TIME OR FORM, AND THE ASSUMPTION OF FULL RIGHT OF DETERMINATION OVER IT."

HCOB 2 May 1985
Responsibility, Definition of
(Tech Vol. XIII, p. 16)

For me nothing is sacred. I grant no one the right to block my access to information and knowledge.

I like the way Emma moderates this board.

I am keeping my identity hidden for the moment but I am no longer a CofS supporter and the CofS know this.

I know several of the people who post here.

One good friend is still in the CofS and has disconnected from me as I told this person my views. Communicating to this person, I feel, was the best way to ensure we reestablish the friendship in the future.

I understand all the views and viewpoints I have read on this board, even the ones scoffing at what I consider wise words from LRH.

I have gained hugely in awareness from SCN and still have a long way to go on my endless path to more awareness.

This is my intro. :)

FRHIDDEN

Last edited:

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
And what a great intro it is, FRHidden.

Welcome aboard. Feel free to disagree and know you won't be jumped on. :)

Purple Rain

Crusader
Hi, FRHidden. I admire you for many of those qualities. I, too, understand many points of view on this board, although my point of view differs from yours somewhat. I would say I still am not sure what I believe about many things in life, although I no longer believe in Scientology. It's nice to meet you.

:)

frhidden

Patron with Honors
Hi, FRHidden. I admire you for many of those qualities. I, too, understand many points of view on this board, although my point of view differs from yours somewhat. I would say I still am not sure what I believe about many things in life, although I no longer believe in Scientology. It's nice to meet you.

:)

Thanks for the welcome, Purple Rain!

I am not sure I fully agree with the viewpoint I wrote in my intro! :wink2:
(Sorry I am being a bit smart-assed in that comment.)

Great to be here on the board.

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Welcome to ESMB frhidden! :welcome:

Hmm.. Arhrmm! - Even if Cherished made promises about being jumped on.. I'm of a mind to jump on that bit about 'True Friends'.. And about 'Responsibility'..

Well.. Still says: 'Newbie -Be Nice' beside yer' name there.. So I'll wait a bit.. Wouldn't be 'you' I was jumping on anyways.. It would be Lafayette.. And I'll be jumping on him until he's intirely flat.. Nothing personal about it. He'll understand the concept I'm sure, when he's intirely flattened.

Uhm.. Actually I'll continue to jump on him after he's been trampled completely flat.. It's fun and it's good exsersise!

:yes:

Welcome Newbie!

Welcome FRHidden! I'm glad you could join us, and very glad to hear you are freeing yourself further from the Corporate Scientology Organization. There are a lot of good people here to talk things over with. It's an education in itself to hear their stories and the true history of Scientology. Talking things over with "old-timers" is a great opportunity to learn about Scientology beyond the shallow level of the Corporate PR and what was written (made up) in books by Ron, 'bout how the Organization actually functions in the real world.

I think you were very wise to distrust the IAS. Any rationally thinking person should do so. Follow the money, folks! :thumbsup:

I'm glad to hear that you feel you are continuing to make gains in life, and hope your family is also free of COS.

I think you may meet some old friends here, and will very likely make new ones too! Many folks here have been where you are, and have successfully moved beyond. Others are where you are, others are approaching where you are, and are still lurking. Anyone who allows themselves to think has doubts and questions about Corporate Scientology at this point, enough formerly repressed information has come out.

Welcome aboard! Don't worry too much about having to hold a position in space, attitudinally. :)

Your viewpoints and attitudes about things may change as you get to learn more of the personal stories from former COS public members and their non-COS family and friends, staff, SO, CMO, GO/OSA, and the innermost tippy-top executive leadership who have freed themselves or been offloaded (either way, escaped) from INT Base.

You will find some friends here who also like aspects of what they consider the tech to be, and still use it in their lives.

Others are totally out and done with it all, are healing from bad experiences, and wish to help encourage and support others to get free from Corporate Scientology as well. ESMB is a Big Tent, and there is room for everyone. Emma does a great job overall with the board.

Glad you're here! Alan was a lovely person to talk things over with, I'm sorry that you missed him. Check out the David Mayo thread. David and Julie are still here! :happydance: You also might enjoy reading the posts/threads by Roger.

Welcome! :)

Student of Trinity

People do jump on you, here — insofar as posting some critical words counts as 'jumping on'. There are people of all opinions here, and in my short time here I've seen every camp complain that some other camp is getting away with too much.

Nobody here can charge you money or make your friends and family disconnect with you. I don't believe anyone here would, if they somehow could. Disagreement, though, you can get here in spades, whatever your agreements may be. If somebody's being too much of a jerk, the moderators will jump on them before too long. Short of that, disagreement is just other people being free, too. So it's unavoidable.

frhidden

Patron with Honors
Welcome to ESMB frhidden! :welcome:

Hmm.. Arhrmm! - Even if Cherished made promises about being jumped on.. I'm of a mind to jump on that bit about 'True Friends'.. And about 'Responsibility'..

Well.. Still says: 'Newbie -Be Nice' beside yer' name there.. So I'll wait a bit.. Wouldn't be 'you' I was jumping on anyways.. It would be Lafayette.. And I'll be jumping on him until he's intirely flat.. Nothing personal about it. He'll understand the concept I'm sure, when he's intirely flattened.

Uhm.. Actually I'll continue to jump on him after he's been trampled completely flat.. It's fun and it's good exsersise!

:yes:

LOL SchwimmelPuckel,

By now you have waited so let's have it!

I posted that info to invite opinions. The "Friend" datum is a reason I defended CofS and LRH for so long in spite of faults.

Only once in the CofS was I exposed to verbal abise to my face and I immediately and overtly countered it. But to my shock since them I have found what some family members put up with in the SO. Had I known I would have dome something 20 years ago.

Let's have your best shot!

FoTi

Crusader
Welcome FRHidden.

I like some parts of Scientology, but have found it's limited and have found other things are more enlightening and useful sometimes. Scientology doesn't handle everything, like it was promoted to me and doesn't always have the answers, but sometimes those answers can be found elsewhere.

Enlightenment is enlightenment regardless of where it comes from.

frhidden

Patron with Honors
Welcome FRHidden.

I like some parts of Scientology, but have found it's limited and have found other things are more enlightening and useful sometimes. Scientology doesn't handle everything, like it was promoted to me and doesn't always have the answers, but sometimes those answers can be found elsewhere.

Enlightenment is enlightenment regardless of where it comes from.

Hi FoTi,

Nice that you responded to my post. Thank you.

I agree.

I have been around the block many many time with CofS and SCN. I have had many wake up calls.

I guess My overts and motivators on SCN are quite balanced.

But, what a subject!

Feel free to recommend me any other methods.

frhidden

Patron with Honors
Re: Welcome Newbie!

Welcome FRHidden! I'm glad you could join us, and very glad to hear you are freeing yourself further from the Corporate Scientology Organization. There are a lot of good people here to talk things over with. It's an education in itself to hear their stories and the true history of Scientology. Talking things over with "old-timers" is a great opportunity to learn about Scientology beyond the shallow level of the Corporate PR and what was written (made up) in books by Ron, 'bout how the Organization actually functions in the real world.

I think you were very wise to distrust the IAS. Any rationally thinking person should do so. Follow the money, folks! :thumbsup:

I'm glad to hear that you feel you are continuing to make gains in life, and hope your family is also free of COS.

I think you may meet some old friends here, and will very likely make new ones too! Many folks here have been where you are, and have successfully moved beyond. Others are where you are, others are approaching where you are, and are still lurking. Anyone who allows themselves to think has doubts and questions about Corporate Scientology at this point, enough formerly repressed information has come out.

Welcome aboard! Don't worry too much about having to hold a position in space, attitudinally. :)

Your viewpoints and attitudes about things may change as you get to learn more of the personal stories from former COS public members and their non-COS family and friends, staff, SO, CMO, GO/OSA, and the innermost tippy-top executive leadership who have freed themselves or been offloaded (either way, escaped) from INT Base.

You will find some friends here who also like aspects of what they consider the tech to be, and still use it in their lives.

Others are totally out and done with it all, are healing from bad experiences, and wish to help encourage and support others to get free from Corporate Scientology as well. ESMB is a Big Tent, and there is room for everyone. Emma does a great job overall with the board.

Glad you're here! Alan was a lovely person to talk things over with, I'm sorry that you missed him. Check out the David Mayo thread. David and Julie are still here! :happydance: You also might enjoy reading the posts/threads by Roger.

Welcome! :)

Dear SweetnessandLight,

Thank you for your welcome and guidance.

I have been reading extensively these past years so am up to date with the shocking details of thr INT Base and everything else which has been published.

I also heard stories of the SO from closer to hand.

I have no immediate family members (wife and kids) in the CofS. I found I could not raise my children as SCNist. Rathr, I feft it is more of a choice for an adult to make.

How horrible to be shunted into the SO as a kid, as someone who is close to me was, and be dumped out onto the street one evening as a female in her teens alone and without money. I was shocked when I learned this recently. It happened about 15 years ago. I spit (figuratively) on some old contacts who are in the SO and would have know about this. They had no longer any positive status with me. They have used up their credit with me.

Another person close to me (passed on now) used to sleep under their bed in the SO so they would not be disturbed. I know this could be done with tongue in cheek but this person was seriously suppressed in the SO. I guess some Ex-SO person might respond, "What, had a room to themself?" In spite of all this I believe this person did gain spiritual enlightenment in the SO.

It is amazing how few degrees of separation there is between people who have experienced SCN. I know/knew so very many of the "famous" people and have only one degree of separation to most others.

My main challenge is how to continue to progress spiritually and I have a plan for this.

I have probably read all the David Mayo input here but I will have another look in case I have missed something. And I certainly have enjoyed Roger's posts.

Thank you or taking so much time to make me welcome.

Best,

FRHIDDEN

Last edited:

frhidden

Patron with Honors
People do jump on you, here — insofar as posting some critical words counts as 'jumping on'. There are people of all opinions here, and in my short time here I've seen every camp complain that some other camp is getting away with too much.

Nobody here can charge you money or make your friends and family disconnect with you. I don't believe anyone here would, if they somehow could. Disagreement, though, you can get here in spades, whatever your agreements may be. If somebody's being too much of a jerk, the moderators will jump on them before too long. Short of that, disagreement is just other people being free, too. So it's unavoidable.

Thank you, Student of Trinity.

Being hassled here could be no worse than the nagging of a marital partner. And on that I am flat. :)

Outethicsofficer

Welcome FRhidden,
Pleased you came out of lurking mode and announced your position in relation to the 'Organisation', enjoy your time here.
James

FoTi

Crusader
Hi FoTi,

Nice that you responded to my post. Thank you.

I agree.

I have been around the block many many time with CofS and SCN. I have had many wake up calls.

I guess My overts and motivators on SCN are quite balanced.

But, what a subject!

Feel free to recommend me any other methods.

Try reading threads and posts by RogerB or Alan Walters and Dulloldfart (Paul) has a website which is listed on his posts....his website is free and there's lots of stuff there. There's a lot of posts from people who were in Scientology with LRH way back when....information that the cult will never tell you about. You just need to do a lot of lurking and reading here. RogerB has done both the Scientology Bridge and the Knowledgism route and he has a lot of information that might be helpful to you.

Oops...I just backed up and read that you've already read Roger's posts.