What's new

The Jan Eastgate Austrailian Court Trial may NEVER happen???

apocalyptic

Patron with Honors
No way in a 'billion years' will the Eastgate trial take place. You can take that to the 'bank'. Unfortunately. Sad, but true.

The Church of Scientology powers will have Jan Eastgate pleading guilty, or plea bargaining out long before the waiting world even knows what happened.

IF the COS/OSA allowed Eastgate to go to trial, it would be the most disastrous worldwide piece of public relations nightmare ever imagined in the history of the COS. Period. And they know it.

So Jan's going down. And probably pretty damn quickly too.

The silver lining is 'the can has been opened' and not just a few historical crimes of comparable magnitude, will be coming to the light of day, as a direct result of the stunning news of Eastgates Australian charges, arrest, bail & confession (guilty plea or plea bargain, either way).

Or......on the other hand....

There is one other hopeful possibility. Which is, Jan Eastgate challenges David Miscaviage's 'command' for her to go to prison, and she threatens to turn on him, with whatever information of his illegal or criminal activities she may be aware of, in retaliation. Thus the COS lawyers come to her aid. And, the trial of the century is on.

What a show that would be.

Apocalyptic

Gadfly

Crusader
It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I suspect that the Church will do EVERYTHING IN ITS POWER to keep this out of a trial.

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
If there's some sort of plea bargain in which Jan gets some immunity for turning in others, then that's all to the good.

As to whether or not a trial takes place, we shall see. The Australian criminal justice system and cos are two pretty powerful forces grinding together so anything could happen.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
More likely that she will flee the country illegally & report to Gold for rpf rpf's ;)

Who will be going to courtroom on June 16th?
Downing Centre District Court, NSW

The Downing Centre is located in the Sydney central business district, on Liverpool Street between Elizabeth Street and Castlereagh Street. It sits opposite the south-west corner of Hyde Park and Museum railway station.

Last edited:

Happy Days

More likely that she will flee the country illegally & report to Gold for rpf rpf's ;)

Who will be going to courtroom on June 16th?

Jan Eastgate is not SO so unlikely she'll go to the RPF.

I believe CCHR Int is secular although overseen by Sea Org and Jan does not or did not qualify for the SO due to her history.

freethinker

Sponsor
The best shot the church has is to try to win the case. Anything else will resut unfavorably for the CO$ at the very least in Austrailia.

With all the bad media coverage, the public benefits test, that she holds such a high position can not be side stepped without repercussions.

I'll bet it goes to trial. This is too big, a plea bargain would have to provide serious and undeniable evidence.

Happy Days

:drool: spill the dirt

Not up to me to disclose Jan's history.

And that is not our focus here.

Jan needs to get honest and straight and take full responsibility for her crime against an innocent young girl.

Ya pulled it in Jan now make amends mate!

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
No way in a 'billion years' will the Eastgate trial take place. You can take that to the 'bank'. Unfortunately. Sad, but true.

The Church of Scientology powers will have Jan Eastgate pleading guilty, or plea bargaining out long before the waiting world even knows what happened.

IF the COS/OSA allowed Eastgate to go to trial, it would be the most disastrous worldwide piece of public relations nightmare ever imagined in the history of the COS. Period. And they know it.

So Jan's going down. And probably pretty damn quickly too.

The silver lining is 'the can has been opened' and not just a few historical crimes of comparable magnitude, will be coming to the light of day, as a direct result of the stunning news of Eastgates Australian charges, arrest, bail & confession (guilty plea or plea bargain, either way).

Or......on the other hand....

There is one other hopeful possibility. Which is, Jan Eastgate challenges David Miscaviage's 'command' for her to go to prison, and she threatens to turn on him, with whatever information of his illegal or criminal activities she may be aware of, in retaliation. Thus the COS lawyers come to her aid. And, the trial of the century is on.

What a show that would be.

Apocalyptic

I tend to agree. An alternative scenario would be the unlikely possibility that Jan Eastgate "sees the light" and turns Queen's Evidence to provide details of the wider criminal conspiracy that is Scientology. No doubt, even as I type, the shredders are working overtime in the cult seeking to destroy evidence of Jan's involvement in other crimes and anything which can link those crimes further up the chain.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I tend to agree. An alternative scenario would be the unlikely possibility that Jan Eastgate "sees the light" and turns Queen's Evidence to provide details of the wider criminal conspiracy that is Scientology. No doubt, even as I type, the shredders are working overtime in the cult seeking to destroy evidence of Jan's involvement in other crimes and anything which can link those crimes further up the chain.

I doubt it.

Jan had to work very, very, VERY hard to prove herself, to be let in from the cold in the first place. It became her whole life and that persistence and dedication is not likely to crumble so fast. It could, but I doubt it. More likely they throw her under a bus to survive as best she can.

Infinite

I doubt it.

Jan had to work very, very, VERY hard to prove herself, to be let in from the cold in the first place. It became her whole life and that persistence and dedication is not likely to crumble so fast. It could, but I doubt it. More likely they throw her under a bus to survive as best she can.

Yeah - I was dreaming. Isolating individuals in public instances of Scientology madness (and the individual's compliance with that tactic) is pretty much SOP. That's what the tech does to people's minds. Rex Fowler OTVII could've made a real case for an insanity plea or, at least, mitigating circumstances at sentencing. But, no. He opted for silence instead of truth. Eastgate will probably do the same: fall on her sword for the "greater good" so that Earth can become free by continuing to exorcise the spiritual bodies of UFO aliens.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I doubt it.

Yep.

Yeah - I was dreaming. Isolating individuals in public instances of Scientology madness (and the individual's compliance with that tactic) is pretty much SOP. That's what the tech does to people's minds. Rex Fowler OTVII could've made a real case for an insanity plea or, at least, mitigating circumstances at sentencing. But, no. He opted for silence instead of truth. Eastgate will probably do the same: fall on her sword for the "greater good" so that Earth can become free by continuing to exorcise the spiritual bodies of UFO aliens.

Yep.

The Church of Scientology powers will have Jan Eastgate pleading guilty, or plea bargaining out long before the waiting world even knows what happened. ...

A trial is unnecessary. Few people anywhere would have any real interest in the proceedings of a court trial. She ain't 'OJ'. :no:

Any legal finding of guilt is what would prove to be damaging to the Co$ & Eastgate. A plea would be more than adequate to that end. :)

Once a guilty verdict is registered for some offense relating to suppression of evidence of child molestation then CCHR is toast and the Co$ has yet another permanent public taint on its record. :yes:

Mark A. Baker

2 cents.

The COS has to try to keep JE onside to prevent her causing more damage -and she could do a lot.

But they also will want to separate her as much as poss from the COS.
They could make a plan with her to make it appear that they are separating her...do it as an OP. But JE will know it may all be a trap to put her under the bus.
What a pickle.

Re: Not going to trial. Yes, that's what COS will want more than anything, but this is not a just a crime between citizens. The charge, I think, was "perverting the course of justice". The justice system itself is at stake and if she can plea bargain her way out of a court case that almost implicates the guardians of the rule of law in aiding and abetting her crime . (I am not a lawyer though).
There is also the victim, who would be seen to be made a victim again due to allowing *another" perversion of the (proper) course of the law.
So...if they do allow a plea bargain, it would probably have to be with some fairly heavy duty contribution from her. They will want a lot. Dob in some others?????
Get a guarantee that they can get the COS itself and not just an individual?

Sindy

Crusader
A trial is unnecessary. Few people anywhere would have any real interest in the proceedings of a court trial. She ain't 'OJ'. :no:

Any legal finding of guilt is what would prove to be damaging to the Co$ & Eastgate. A plea would be more than adequate to that end. :)

Once a guilty verdict is registered for some offense relating to suppression of evidence of child molestation then CCHR is toast and the Co$ has yet another permanent public taint on its record. :yes:

Mark A. Baker

I wouldn't go so far as to say that CCHR is toast. I predict that it will take a momentary hit. The entire organization will not be blamed. Someone else could take it over to be "under new management". I personally know many people, who were never Scientologists, that simply love CCHR. Even a non-Scientologist could take it over. If they were smart, they would just give it over. It gets a lot of mileage with "wogs" (sorry, hate the term). She, by no means, is the only one who is deeply invested in CCHR. They have lots of friends outside of the church. How soon the public forgets.

I would say, though, that it makes Scientology look very bad indeed.

Veda

Sponsor
I wouldn't go so far as to say that CCHR is toast. I predict that it will take a momentary hit. The entire organization will not be blamed. Someone else could take it over to be "under new management". I personally know many people, who were never Scientologists, that simply love CCHR. Even a non-Scientologist could take it over. If they were smart, they would just give it over. It gets a lot of mileage with "wogs" (sorry, hate the term). She, by no means, is the only one who is deeply invested in CCHR. They have lots of friends outside of the church. How soon the public forgets.

I would say, though, that it makes Scientology look very bad indeed.

Perhaps former CCHR President, Dennis Clarke, is available for the position.

Here's an excellent video by Mark Bunker from around 2000. It was recently taken down after a series of bizarre "copyright infringement" complaints. This is a substitute link. It includes an interview with the former mayor of Clearwater at the very beginning. If one jumps ahead to 1400, one can see Dennis Clarke appearing behind Gerry Armstrong. Dennis Clarke was a cult thug and, then, the President of the Citizens Commission on Human Rights. While President of the CCHR, he continued - part time - as a cult thug. Although no longer President these days, he remains a spokesman for the CCHR.

From 14:00 to 18:13 Clarke is shown and discussed:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4595729596527335458

Infinite

Possible CCHR replacements . . .

Perhaps former CCHR President, Dennis Clarke, is available for the position.

Here's an excellent video by Mark Bunker from around 2000. It was recently taken down after a series of bizarre "copyright infringement" complaints. This is a substitute link. It includes an interview with the former mayor of Clearwater at the very beginning. If one jumps ahead to 1400, one can see Dennis Clarke appearing behind Gerry Armstrong. Dennis Clarke was a cult thug and, then, the President of the Citizens Commission on Human Rights. While President of the CCHR, he continued - part time - as a cult thug. Although no longer President these days, he remains a spokesman for the CCHR.

Then again, perhaps the former Executive Director of CCHR, Mary DeMoss, might like to step back into the breech. Here she is "helping" protect a US citizen's First Ammendment rights . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AFmeJZR90

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
2 cents.

The COS has to try to keep JE onside to prevent her causing more damage -and she could do a lot.

But they also will want to separate her as much as poss from the COS.
They could make a plan with her to make it appear that they are separating her...do it as an OP. But JE will know it may all be a trap to put her under the bus.
What a pickle.

Re: Not going to trial. Yes, that's what COS will want more than anything, but this is not a just a crime between citizens. The charge, I think, was "perverting the course of justice". The justice system itself is at stake and if she can plea bargain her way out of a court case that almost implicates the guardians of the rule of law in aiding and abetting her crime . (I am not a lawyer though).
There is also the victim, who would be seen to be made a victim again due to allowing *another" perversion of the (proper) course of the law.
So...if they do allow a plea bargain, it would probably have to be with some fairly heavy duty contribution from her. They will want a lot. Dob in some others?????
Get a guarantee that they can get the COS itself and not just an individual?

I think you make some good points. I don't see this as something somebody could easily weasel out of. Jan Eastgate's a big fish and has probably spent a lot of time with dm over the years. I think this is serious shit for them and I also bet dm won't step foot in the land of Oz any time soon.