What's new

ANON ORANGE ARRESTED AT GOLD BASE

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
Graham and AngryGayPope attended with Orange who pleaded not guilty. The first pre-trial conference is in January with the trial date of March.

Graham left for New Zealand tonight to spend the holiday with his father. He will return on December 30.

Elliot Abelson repped the cult. He made a motion to ban Orange from protesting at ALL Scientology properties, but the judge denied it, banning him from protesting at Gold.

Abelson was accompanied by Danny Dunigan, the guard whose hand was allegedly bitten by Orange after being dogpiled on by Dunigan & 3 other staff, and Muriel Dufresne, who I think is the main PR flack for Gold.

I hope some ex Int staff at least show up in the court case and sit in the audience, to carefully observe and notice any obvious lying done by the Scientology side.

I highly recommend someone like Marc Headley being present at the upcoming court case hearings when it's time, to observe and advise to spot any "outpoints" in the Abelson/Scientology court presentation.

Sock Puppy

Patron with Honors
Real cops wouldnt have let it get to the point of arrest, they would have scared him off, but private security has different motives. Yes it is silly to get all huffed up about a little trespass, but it it still legal.

Sure I will bet you that the church does not drop it.

Why? Because it makes a point. At much expense and certainly not making the church look "nice and friendly", but thats not the point.

The video, from how it was described and what I would imagine will NOT show the guards acting outside the law. (maybe the bounds of common sense...) And I will bet you that the first guard will testify to have been scared for his safety when AO refused to back off, and leave.

And the courts are very reluctant to introduce this kind of evidence in such a simple case. Most people do not understand just how trials work....you can not just put anything you want into evidence....that was one of Hensons mistakes, thinking he could.

I knew that he was on private property first thing I saw the video, I had drove by that spot a couple weeks before. And in your video notice has quick barb follows the instructions to leave private property? She knows...and she also knows the lessons of Henson.

It will be interesting to see how much support from anon AO has by the time this comes to trial....My bet, very little. Poor guy. No army.

So 20 it is!

This thread was mentioned to me by someone on WWP. I hadn't been on here a while and had pretty much forgotten about our bet.

Anyway, I'm going to leave this up to you Alex, on the honor system.

You can contribute to any of the following, Chuck Beatty's organization, Xenutv, Graham Berry (he takes gift cards for Office Depot) or the CameraAnonymous legal defense fund. Most of these have an email that will receive Paypal donations.

Of course, I'll allow wiggle room since it isn't entirely clear that the "Church" actually dropped the charges (though I suspect the DA wouldn't have dropped them without COS's tacit approval).

Again, I'll leave it to you.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Re: ANON ORANGE ARRESTED AT GOLD BASE - case settled

AGP posted on his website today:

"RIVERSIDE CA JUNE 13, 2011: In 2008 protester AnonOrange was beaten by cult guards while standing in an open field next to their property line in Hemet California. Details here. He sued Scientology for damages and injuries.

The case went around and around in court. The Scientologists made sure the process took forever in an attempt to drain him of funds. They also subpoenaed or deposed many many people (including even his Holiness the Angry Gay Pope) who were not involved in the case.

The was designed to bother AO's friends and past employers and make it harder for AO to get hired. But the most dramatic incident was the alleged arson of AO's lawyer's property midway through the case. Eventually the Riverside judge saw how Scientology's main lawyer, Kendrick Moxon, really had no interest in settling.

The case was also costing the bankrupt Riverside justice system a lot of time and money with endless court appearances and deposition requests. The judge, Sharon Waters, recommended mediation.

Today a mediator reached a settlement. The terms cannot be discussed by anyone involved according to the confidentiality agreement of the Riverside Bar Association, Dispute Resolution service.

It was signed by CSI Legal Director Lynne Shape and all defendants including cult guards Danny Dunigan, Matthew Butler, Kenneth Seybold and Salvatore Meo. AO's ability to protest is completely protected."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When settlements are reached via a State Bar Dispute Resolution service, the amounts are generally quite small.. in the range of $5,000 or less to more or less compensate the victim for pain & suffering, medical bills, etc. The defendant also denies any wrongdoing and the plaintiff cannot come back at a later date & sue the various parties of the original lawsuit.

This is tantamount to someone tripping over something on Scientology property, injuring oneself, and suing the cult for liability... a convenient payoff of the claim.

The resolution of this case removes a thorn from the cult's backside from having to continue spending vast amounts of money to defend itself, but given OSA-Legal's well-known million dollar litigation budgets, the settlement is simply an annoying blip they no longer have to contend with. It is a win for AO only that he will received several thousand dollars for all that he has endured fighting the cult in this case.

Considering how much $$$ AO stood to win if he had not pissed off the attorneys that had taken his case (then wrote him off due to his antics), this is a small win for AO.

"... AO's ability to protest is completely protected."

Based on what I've seen of AO's antics I strongly suspect that the Co$ insisted on this point. :eyeroll:

I'd give the 'win' to the church.

Mark A. Baker

Based on what I've seen of AO's antics I strongly suspect that the Co$ insisted on this point. :eyeroll:

I'd give the 'win' to the church.

Mark A. Baker

No matter how much or a douchebag AO can be at times, or how embarrassing he can be, the cult being powerless to stop him from showing up, is never a win for the cult. It just reinforces the fact that the cult is a reactionary organization and is never at 'cause'.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: AO 2008

Considering how much $$$ AO stood to win if he had not pissed off the attorneys that had taken his case (then wrote him off due to his antics), this is a small win for AO.

Smurf, you forgot to mention that due to his antics he managed to alienate everyone who worked so hard to support him during 2008.

No matter how much or a douchebag AO can be at times, or how embarrassing he can be, the cult being powerless to stop him from showing up, is never a win for the cult. It just reinforces the fact that the cult is a reactionary organization and is never at 'cause'.

Smurf, you forgot to mention that due to his antics he managed to alienate everyone who worked so hard to support him during 2008.

Were I OSA I'd be delighted to have AO protesting at any church event or location. By himself he does an outstanding job of disparaging protesters in the general public's eyes as a pack of irrational cranks & nutcases. The video footage of AO's antics serves to undermine legitimate protests and substantiate the counter-arguments of the church that protesters are nothing but religious bigots, disaffected former members, & obvious nutcases.

Having AO running around like the loose nutter that he has proved himself to be is of no benefit to those who wish to see the many abuses of the Co$ cease.

Mark A. Baker

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
Were I OSA I'd be delighted to have AO protesting at any church event or location. By himself he does an outstanding job of disparaging protesters in the general public's eyes as a pack of irrational cranks & nutcases. The video footage of AO's antics serves to undermine legitimate protests and substantiate the counter-arguments of the church that protesters are nothing but religious bigots, disaffected former members, & obvious nutcases.

Having AO running around like the loose nutter that he has proved himself to be is of no benefit to those who wish to see the many abuses of the Co$ cease.

Mark A. Baker

I have wanted to say for months, I like your Squirrel icon with the patched eye! I was thinking of when I go to LA and protest next, I'll get a Squirrel Puppet and outfit the puppet that way. I thought of having a Squirrel Puppet, and a Xenu puppet, and do "Xenu Meets the Squirrel" puppet shows, near the HGB, on Hollywood Blvd, and sell copies of the books by the recent ex members, etc.

Back to your post, I like ALL protestors and I've tried to look past all their idiosyncrasies since we only have so much time in life, and plucking the important positives that each of the protestor's add to the overall long range "fight", to me, in the long run is what matters and what ends up in the overall flow of history.

Scientology's loser traits will be pruned by society (protestors), and I have no disagreement with AO's contributions to helping prune Scientology's loser traits.

If Scientology wants to hand out free The Way to Happiness booklets, and hand out Xenu dolls, and tell people they have to come into Scientology to learn how to exorcise the "body thetans" that are infesting them, fine by me.

AO gets trashed too much, I think. That he's capable of going to Riverside Country Board of Supervisor meetings and tell the blunt truth he does, that he goes to Twin Peaks, the MOST sacrosanct "secret" site where Hubbard's "original manuscripts" are kept, is unprecedented in Scientology protestor history, bar NO BODY!!!!

As wacky and disagreeable as he and Angry Gay Pope are, they do what noone else does.

Who else in Scientology protestor history ever protested at Twin Peaks!!!!

Protesting at the Int Base, and protesting at Twin Peaks is like protesting at Mt. Olympus, protesting the Greek Gods.

Everything you said and others have said, while true, in the long term history of things, imagine what if Anon Orange had stayed home?

I THANK Anon Orange and Angry Gay Pope for NOT staying home, but for going out and protesting!

And I of course thank everyone else who went out and protested too!

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I agree Chuck. What Orange has done in Riverside and the info he has unearthed, for example about jury duty for Int base personnel, is certainly to be admired. He has a persistence that is needed and I thank him for that.