What's new

So how do I get OT powers?

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
I love peanut butter with honey and banana. That with a roasted ruby red grapefruit half with cinnamon and sugar on top is the best breakfast.

I love red grapefruit, but no sugar or anything.

But I have never heard of ROASTING one!!!

Do you just broil it with the sugar on top to melt it?

alex

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
May I suggest the idea that....

Everyone being a thetan (spirit) are already OT.

You are just as powerful now as you ever have been.

I'll bump that! Yes, and then there is the "But....". The recovery is a bitch! Sorry for my earthy expression. But, got to get the lies off first.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Aarre and I had a great conversation with Mike Goldstein about this subject two nights ago. Mike can be found over at the Idenics threads.

Pascal

I love red grapefruit, but no sugar or anything.

But I have never heard of ROASTING one!!!

Do you just broil it with the sugar on top to melt it?

alex

hmm lemme remember... you cut'em in half. Then cut inside to separate the pieces with those curled knives. Then sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon. Broil to taste. It's grrrrrreat!

Colleen K. Peltomaa

That's good alright. How about salting your watermelon? How about lime juice on watermelon, okay, I'll stop.

In a little town in Virginia, the wives would peel the tomatoes and put sugar on them.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hi, PMD! Actually there is a Thai dish that serves noodles with a peanut sauce. Good if you like peanut butter.

All this talk of "peanut butter" as if it was much the same brand to brand. I love peanut butter, made from peanuts only. Maybe some sea salt added, maybe not. Crunchy or smooth, not a whole lot of difference. That is my idea of "peanut butter".

Most peanut butter sold is mixed with sugar and other shit and looks and tastes like it, and I find it totally inedible. Literally. I can't eat it. "Skippy" and so forth.

Paul

Ego

Patron
How to get OT powers?

This is an honest attempt to answer it.

1) Regain cause over mental mest (Clear). This is an obvious prerequisite to gaining cause over "physical" MEST.
2) Get rid of the composite case that was put there to stop a thetan operating effectively.
3) Do OT drills.

As I see it, to skip 1 and 2 and go straight to 3 may be a waste of time. But many people try and succeed to some degree...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWeK8tcB6AI

I tried it and it didn't work for me so I'm back on step 2. I alternate 2 and 3 and seem to make some progress.

If the composite case was put there to stop a thetan operating effectively then what were you doing before it was put there that you weren't doing after it was put there?

Ego

Colleen K. Peltomaa

All this talk of "peanut butter" as if it was much the same brand to brand. I love peanut butter, made from peanuts only. Maybe some sea salt added, maybe not. Crunchy or smooth, not a whole lot of difference. That is my idea of "peanut butter".

Most peanut butter sold is mixed with sugar and other shit and looks and tastes like it, and I find it totally inedible. Literally. I can't eat it. "Skippy" and so forth.

Paul

Yeah, that hydrogenated vegetable shortening is a real killer. I read that the "O" blood types generally don't handle peanut butter very well, but, seemingly, the "A" blood types like it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yeah, that hydrogenated vegetable shortening is a real killer. I read that the "O" blood types generally don't handle peanut butter very well, but, seemingly, the "A" blood types like it.

Yeah. My blood type is A. I got that "Eat Right for Your Type" book too. I even followed it fairly strictly for a couple of months. :)

Paul

nw2394

If the composite case was put there to stop a thetan operating effectively then what were you doing before it was put there that you weren't doing after it was put there?

Ego

To say that "composite case was put there to stop a thetan operating effectively" is too simplistic. Makes it sound like some evil Lord X (or whoever) did it to you. Well, maybe some of that flow happened. However, axiomatically, it can only be there because you yourself put it there.

Also, to say that it was created for the purposes of self restraint is, well, again, maybe there is some of that, but the spin is too negative. Beings can quite happily cave themselves in anyway without help from a composite anything.

How does a real person get stuck somewhere? As far as I see there are only three reasonable possibilities:

1) you were tricked or forced somewhere and then whoever put you there threw away the key.
2) you entered volunaraily and then either a trap door closed or you got lost. Of course someone made the trap door or labyrinth that caused you to be lost, so this is really a variant of 1).
3) something that doesn't happen too often in the real world, you entered somewhere and either the space itself collapsed or your reach was insufficient (or became insufficient) to exit - as for example, falling into a deep hole - or falling in a more shallow one but you broke your leg and still couldn't climb out.

If a being is basically good, it follows that there has to be a positive, pro survival sounding postulate to cause them to want to indulge in the sort of actions above. Restraint is 'too late on the chain'.

Nick

Veda

Sponsor
To say that "composite case was put there to stop a thetan operating effectively" is too simplistic. Makes it sound like some evil Lord X (or whoever) did it to you. Well, maybe some of that flow happened. However, axiomatically, it can only be there because you yourself put it there.

-snip-

Nick

I think the question had to do with the cosmology/theogony/universal history of Scientology, as finalized and delivered to Mankind by Commodore and Source L. Ron Hubbard.

I know it's kind of embarrassing to talk about; I can understand why you'd want to change the subject.

"Lord X, the big Psychiatrist in the Sky, did it."

There was a time in Scientology, before the "composite case" became the number one problem (for PCs) in Scientology, sharing the pinnacle of "This is what's wrong with you" with the "Implant case" (as told to you by Hubbard in your materials).

Meeting 'old timers' from that 'before' period was always strange. They were doing just fine not being interested in these two supposedly absolutely vital problems, which, if addressed, per Commodore Hubbard's instructions along his carefully taped path, would lead to the state of Total Freedom and Full Operating Thetan.

Scientology became less sane after the inception of the "R6" Implant case/"Body thetans as problem" case became "What was wrong." And, yet, this same defective outlook is still being peddled and defended, including with the standard build up of, "Oh, you're responsible for your own condition," and "What's true for you," etc., leading, ultimately, to, "Your next endless trillions of years," and Commodore Hubbard's Implant platens, Xenu, and the ancient evil psychiatrists in the sky.

Hubbard left his mark, not only on those steel and titanium plates, but in the minds of his followers. He created a universal history and cosmology that they were/are IN.

nw2394

I know it's kind of embarrassing to talk about; I can understand why you'd want to change the subject.

If you want to be fixated that all OT3 and above Scns and Freezoners are themselves fixated about that stuff, fine, you may even be right about many. I'm not changing the subject, merely answering a post.

Thank you.

Nick

Pierrot

Patron with Honors
If a being is basically good, it follows that there has to be a positive, pro survival sounding postulate to cause them to want to indulge in the sort of actions above. Restraint is 'too late on the chain'.

Nick

Yes.

The positive could be putting all three universes on one time track, creating thus a composite case, in order to have a fun game. From one universe created by one viewpoint a desirable persistence obtained by assigning the authorship to another. On automatic. Somehow the system went wrong.

You came with 3 good exemples. I bet there are as many possibilities as there are viewpoints, beings. That list could go on and on... - just pointing out as ego's "what were you doing before it was put there that you weren't doing after it was put there?" might sound like a Listing question ;-)

Veda

Sponsor
If you want to be fixated that all OT3 and above Scns and Freezoners are themselves fixated about that stuff, fine, you may even be right about many. I'm not changing the subject, merely answering a post.

Thank you.

Nick

This is the International 'Standard Tech' Freezone and Ron's Org section isn't it?

Scientology is a bait and switch operation.

It's built in, and even Freezone Scientologists can't help themselves.

If it means anything, I do think you do your best to be a straight shooter. Pierrot, on the other hand, has one of those curved pool cues.

Terril park

Sponsor
Yes.

The positive could be putting all three universes on one time track, creating thus a composite case, in order to have a fun game. From one universe created by one viewpoint a desirable persistence obtained by assigning the authorship to another. On automatic. Somehow the system went wrong.

You came with 3 good exemples. I bet there are as many possibilities as there are viewpoints, beings. That list could go on and on... - just pointing out as ego's "what were you doing before it was put there that you weren't doing after it was put there?" might sound like a Listing question ;-)

Assigning the authorship to others rather than another? Or assigning to others and oneself? And yes on automatic.

I think you just stated the secret of the universe.

I question that the system went wrong though. We have wine women and song, yes? :) [ Jazz guitar included ] Not to mention ESMB. :)

Surely better than the curse of idleness.