What's new

New Independent: Mike Wilson

T

TheSneakster

My point of contention wasn't even so much the no comment on Marty's post, but until recently the only thing Zhong EVER posted was Marty's writing verbatim. Finally he now has 1 post where he gives an opinion on a new book out - other than that its all Marty blog posts. However, that one post that wasn't MR propaganda made me feel better and now that Zhong has explained what he's doing - its no biggie. There's a real human being interacting a bit there now.

BS:

I suggest you review Emma's rules.

There is no rule requiring Zhong or anyone else on this blog to add commentary when reposting content from other sites.

The thing is Marty is free to come here and post his blog writing himself. I get irritated when it seems like flying monkeys are coming to ESMB solely to disseminate Marty Tech (or Scientology tech), which is why I think a little comment or participation on the board other than copy pasta jobs isn't to much to ask.

I doubt very much that many here on ESMB much care whether you like it or not. As long as Emma's rules are not violated, you have no legitimate beef.

Furthermore, calling members of this board "flying monkeys" (implying they are minions of someone else) is a violation of ESMB Rule #1":

Emma said:
1. Treat others with respect.
You are to respect every other user on the board despite any personal, religious and political differences. The following will not be tolerated:
Personal insults
Ad hominems
Threats or promotion of violence

Just saying.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
An idea...

Maybe whoever wants to post news of Marty's latest escapee can start just one thread for that purpose... maybe called just that " Rathbun's Latest Escapees" or something?
Then each time there is one it can just be added to the thread.
Then people will know exactly what they are going to read there and OP commentary isn't needed.

I think it's good to note who is 'declaring their freedom' so old friends can reconnect etc. We all had to start somewhere.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think this feller is the son of Willie B. Wilson a West Texas Oilman, well healed and connected (used to play Polo with Prince Charles). Willie B. was on FLB lines back in the '70's.

If so, it's a very strategic "pick up" for Marty and is gonna leave a mark on Da Monster.

Face:)

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think this feller is the son of Willie B. Wilson a West Texas Oilman, well healed and connected (used to play Polo with Prince Charles). Willie B. was on FLB lines back in the '70's.

If so, it's a very strategic "pick up" for Marty and is gonna leave a mark on Da Monster.

Is this the legend Wild Willie, on the 'freewinds' in his upstats shorts and a singlet Lol what a dude.

Mike Laws >But, one of my Dad's hero's was a West Texas oil man, now deceased, by the name of Willie B Wilson, who at the time was worth something like $100,000,000 US. Willie would show up with cut off jeans, or old worn jeans and boots, an old t-shirt and a diamond encrusted OT braclet. Willies 4th ex wife backed her cadalac into his livingroom towards the end of the marriage because he cut off her platinum credit cards after she went on one too many spending sprees costing more than my dad made in a year. He used this as an inspiration towards wanting to become rich, because then he could wear whatever he wanted and no one would say anything.

Is it just me or is the look on Martys face a message?

Last edited:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
WTF?

OK. Clammie was just dragged out to a local pub where she was bought a couple of pints of our awesome local micro-brews so should not post, but...:eyeroll: She never learns.

I'm someone who jumped on Zhong. And most of the posts miss the point of what pissed me off about it. Somebody (Zhong) came in and started doing copy-pasta of Marty's posts. When I picked it up, it was a direct copy-pasta of sequential daily posts, so, I did NOT get that any of those particular posts was of any particular interest, and these posts had pretty much 'taken over' the 'new posts' listing. We had NO information about the poster. The poster ONLY forwarded Marty blog posts. And now, wow, Zhong happened to slip in a comment, and yeah, I DID miss it because I was sick of the earlier stuff.

I could be wrong. And those who know me, know that I'm willing to admit when I screwed up. I was about to do that when the last post of Zhong's sent my red flags up again.

I love this place. I have read stuff from Marty's blog when folks link to it, and have been glad for it many times. When I see this stuff just posted over here in droves from someone who has not said anything else, I kinda go WTF? If it turns out I'm wrong on this, then I'll definitely apologize. After being out of the cult, I'm definitely willing to admit when I perceived things wrongly. In the meantime, this just doesn't add up for me. Sorry. Huge hunks of Martyblog just reminds me of cult spam.

freethinker

Sponsor
I gotta say, Mike doesn't look completely at ease with Marty's arm around him. He doesn't have the look that matches his success story.

Just saying.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

LOL. He is.

Funny story: I was once given the task of getting Willie to upgrade his IAS Membership while we were both on the Freewinds, Willie had millions but he was only a Lifetime Member of the IAS. The poor IAS Reg couldn't get him to budge on it and thought that I might be able to make an impression. I liked Willie a lot and we got on very well together.

We had a fine old time discussing it at length with lots of laughs and funny stories about how he'd made his millions and how he felt about how he ought to spend it until finally, after an hour or so, something changed...

Willie convinced me to stop pushing the IAS. :hysterical:

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

If so, it's a very strategic "pick up" for Marty and is gonna leave a mark on Da Monster. Face:)

We can be well assured that anyone who remains in Scientology after 30 years has not been well-healed. LOL (fire your transcriptionist, Face!!) And doubtful they would still be well-connected, either, once they discovered the strange & scary truth about the real Scientology.

Interesting story about Willie B Wilson at Flag... When Willie was due for an extended stay at the FLB his wife had their Ft. Harrison room remodeled in advance, at their own expense. She showed me the glitzy new room when it was done, complete with gold-plated bathroom handles and spigots.

Fast forward to one fine day, while Willie B was getting daily auditing, he finally reached a point where he was ready or needed to leave Flag. But Flag was not "giving him permission". (Jesus! A grown man paying a fortune for counseling that HE elected to do has to get permission to leave!)

After getting royally jerked around on those famous Routing Forms and "C/S Approval" lines, Willie B. decided he had had quite enough of "total freedom" and called a taxi cab.

The cab pulled into the garage and as Willie B. loaded his suitcase, a number of other Scientology vehicles surrounded the taxi, blocking it from leaving. The frantic cab driver (being held captive by the cult while they attempted to "recover" Willie B) called the Clearwater police. The scene was chaos and yelling.

The Church failed to block the story from appearing in the Clearwater Sun newspaper the next day.

Just another lovely day at "the friendliest place on earth".

TG1

Angelic Poster
I went to Flag only one time -- in the early-mid 1980s.

It sucked in every way: Auditing. Accomos. Food. Vibe.

Intended to never go back. And never did.

TG1

Div6

Crusader
LOL. He is.

Funny story: I was once given the task of getting Willie to upgrade his IAS Membership while we were both on the Freewinds, Willie had millions but he was only a Lifetime Member of the IAS. The poor IAS Reg couldn't get him to budge on it and thought that I might be able to make an impression. I liked Willie a lot and we got on very well together.

We had a fine old time discussing it at length with lots of laughs and funny stories about how he'd made his millions and how he felt about how he ought to spend it until finally, after an hour or so, something changed...

Willie convinced me to stop pushing the IAS. :hysterical:

That's a riot!

Feral

Rogue male
I went to Flag only one time -- in the early-mid 1980s.

It sucked in every way: Auditing. Accomos. Food. Vibe.

Intended to never go back. And never did.

TG1

Hmm, wish I'd had your smarts, I found that SO mantra "we come back" kinda hypnotic. I went over 20 times on six mth refreshers.

Shoulda gone to Disneyland instead.

freethinker

Sponsor
Hoax, did he manage to escape in that cab?
We can be well assured that anyone who remains in Scientology after 30 years has not been well-healed. LOL (fire your transcriptionist, Face!!) And doubtful they would still be well-connected, either, once they discovered the strange & scary truth about the real Scientology.

Interesting story about Willie B Wilson at Flag... When Willie was due for an extended stay at the FLB his wife had their Ft. Harrison room remodeled in advance, at their own expense. She showed me the glitzy new room when it was done, complete with gold-plated bathroom handles and spigots.

Fast forward to one fine day, while Willie B was getting daily auditing, he finally reached a point where he was ready or needed to leave Flag. But Flag was not "giving him permission". (Jesus! A grown man paying a fortune for counseling that HE elected to do has to get permission to leave!)

After getting royally jerked around on those famous Routing Forms and "C/S Approval" lines, Willie B. decided he had had quite enough of "total freedom" and called a taxi cab.

The cab pulled into the garage and as Willie B. loaded his suitcase, a number of other Scientology vehicles surrounded the taxi, blocking it from leaving. The frantic cab driver (being held captive by the cult while they attempted to "recover" Willie B) called the Clearwater police. The scene was chaos and yelling.

The Church failed to block the story from appearing in the Clearwater Sun newspaper the next day.

Just another lovely day at "the friendliest place on earth".

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Willy B. Wilson....

Hoax, did he manage to escape in that cab?

Jeez! I am not actually sure if WILLY made it FREE or not. You know, at that time he was a "WHALE" (in Vegas lingo), so Flag would have done ANYTHING to keep his business.

Maybe the answer you are seeking is in the movie about a whale held captive, called "FREE WILLY"?

free_willy.jpg

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I can't help but think that people who have been in the cult for umpteen years, paid thousands and thousands of dollars for sec checks, been forced to disconnect from various people, screwed for donations all the time, and only just seen the light are:

Not very bright.

So that's who Marty Rathbuns followers are made up from.

Terril park

Sponsor
I can't help but think that people who have been in the cult for umpteen years, paid thousands and thousands of dollars for sec checks, been forced to disconnect from various people, screwed for donations all the time, and only just seen the light are:

Not very bright.

So that's who Marty Rathbuns followers are made up from.

Probably not so. Many may nominally have been in for a variety of reasons, like disconnection for example, but no longer attended courses etc.

With a father like he had Mike Wilson probably stoopped being a
"true believer" long ago.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Probably not so. Many may nominally have been in for a variety of reasons, like disconnection for example, but no longer attended courses etc.

With a father like he had Mike Wilson probably stoopped being a
"true believer" long ago.

I make no reference to Mike specifically - I know nothing about him.

Maybe you're right in many cases, but how many decades of being shat upon does it take to realise that you're being shat upon? And how many decades of seeing others being shat upon does it take to make you realise it's not a good thing?