What's new

Scientologists: How Many Of Them Are There, Anyway? (July 4th 2011)

guanoloco

As-Wased
Motti,

We're all about graphs and stats around here! Nice post!

Let's put those numbers in some further context. I've put the results of the 1990, 2001, and 2008 surveys in some simple graphs to show how Scientology compares to some other minor religious affiliations (numbers in 1,000s):

ScientologyRastafarian.JPG

ScientologySikh.JPG

ScientologyEckankar.JPG

And finally, let's visualize where Scientology stands now with some other faiths in this country (in 1,000s):

ReligionComparison.JPG

I especially appreciate the Eckankar comparison because, if you don't know, Eckankar is on the official squirrel practices/suppressive groups list of the Choich of Satantology, founded by the Greeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaat Sourcerer, Lie Ron Hubbard.

Can you imagine an SP group with better trending graphs than the Church of Satantology? Kind of sweet, poetic justice - that.

Motti

Patron
Thanks a lot Guanoloco for the info on Eckankar. Where can I find the official squirrel list? Is Eckankar based on Scientology? According to their website, it's something else. So if it's not a squirrel of Scientology, how come it's on their squirrel list? There are hundreds of spiritual enhancing groups and not all of them are on the list, I'm sure. Can you explain it to me? Thanks.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Well, I don't know the history to Eckankar so I don't know the reason for it being on the official SP list.

I did work in HCO and had that list and Eckankar was on it. It was pages and pages long and I wish I had it now!

EST was on it, too.

I found this by googling "Eckankar squirrel group":

* Squirrels - A term coined by Hubbard to denote people who corrupt the Scientology "technology". Using procedures to audit people deviating from the official manuals is known as "squirreling the tech". Freezone groups, est, Eckankar, and Sylva Mind Control Method are all considered to be "Squirell Groups", because the founders of those groups were members of Scientology who followed LRH's advice and started their own religions to make millions.

Plus you can read some about it on this thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?1464-EST-and-Forum/page2

NOTE: I only know that Eckankar is mentioned on this thread and I haven't read the thread.

PS Just noticed that the thread linked above mentions Tony Robbins - he was on the official squirrel/sp list, too!

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Q) how many individuals are on a Paranoid organisations list to suspect ,fear & attack ?:nervous:

A) Everybody eventually (including themselves)

Terril park

Sponsor
Well, I don't know the history to Eckankar so I don't know the reason for it being on the official SP list.

I did work in HCO and had that list and Eckankar was on it. It was pages and pages long and I wish I had it now!

EST was on it, too.

I found this by googling "Eckankar squirrel group":

Plus you can read some about it on this thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?1464-EST-and-Forum/page2

NOTE: I only know that Eckankar is mentioned on this thread and I haven't read the thread.

PS Just noticed that the thread linked above mentions Tony Robbins - he was on the official squirrel/sp list, too!

Google " Church of Scientology's enemies list".

SpecialFrog

Silver Meritorious Patron
only thing is I remember Tony Robbins being on that list, which would make sense if you've ever read Unlimited Power or whatever the hell it is.
:

I thought Tony Robbins was basically derived from NLP. Did Hubbard claim Bandler and Grindler were squirrels?

guanoloco

As-Wased
I thought Tony Robbins was basically derived from NLP. Did Hubbard claim Bandler and Grindler were squirrels?

I'm not up on my NLP nor on Bandler and Grindler - so I cannot tell you if B & G are on the list or not.

Having read Unlimited Power it's all about pictures are the mind and when you have "restimulative" pictures they sap or drain your power being associated with negative thought. The whole point is to "destimulate" those pictures by shrinking them, turning them upside down, making them into negatives and all the while re-associating them with times when you were powerful (ARC Straightwire-type).

That way when a former negative thought enters your mind it now is characterized with power instead. Didn't think that was NLP, though.

With that technology it was easy to see why that was branded squirrel.

Terril park

Sponsor
I'm not up on my NLP nor on Bandler and Grindler - so I cannot tell you if B & G are on the list or not.

Having read Unlimited Power it's all about pictures are the mind and when you have "restimulative" pictures they sap or drain your power being associated with negative thought. The whole point is to "destimulate" those pictures by shrinking them, turning them upside down, making them into negatives and all the while re-associating them with times when you were powerful (ARC Straightwire-type).

That way when a former negative thought enters your mind it now is characterized with power instead. Didn't think that was NLP, though.

With that technology it was easy to see why that was branded squirrel.

Seems a bit like creative processing.

SpecialFrog

Silver Meritorious Patron

That certainly sounds like NLP.