What's new

Pfizer Protest Linked to Scientology, But Don't Tell the Protesters That

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
This past Thursday there was a protest in front of the Pfizer building:

CruiseNotAKook.jpg

From Tony Ortega's blog:

"From our correspondent:

They told me they were Catholics and even had a little table with saints and crosses. But when I pointed out that the CCHR link on their flier was Scientology-related, some lady began screaming at me that I was ignorant and was a bigot."

Full story here at Runnin' Scared, Tony Ortega's blog at The Village Voice:
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/07/tom_cruise_not.php

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bi-got em all right,

Cant slip under the radar.

Can Scientology ever prevent detection ever again?

They'll just get more and more devious to save the world from haters.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
That's really interesting.

The picture "Tom Cruise is not a kook"...obviously that is a "button" they hope to nullify by saying it isn't true. Successful action, right? :duh:

They also obviously recognise that Anonymous is successful and are copying them. All too funny. :biggrin:

freethinker

Sponsor
This is priceless. They have to protest against the evil pharmaceutical companies in disguise?

They've gone a long way down the dwindling spiral since their cocky USA Today attack on Eli Lilly.

This is actually huge; they're in free fall.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
They have to protest against the evil pharmaceutical companies in disguise?

It's possible that the protesters were being duped and were unaware that they were working on behalf of a Scientology front group. Or maybe they were aware and were drilled by CCHR to attack anyone as a "bigot" that brought up the scientology connection. I'm thinking that this is more likely and they probably set up the table with saints and crosses to show that they are not scientologists. :melodramatic:

Personally I'm not a fan of Pfizer either. :no:
But I would never form an alliance with CCHR or with any other front group of the Cult of Scientology. Not for this or any other issue.

The enemy of my enemy is not my friend. Not in this case anyways! :coolwink::biggrin:

I wonder if the Catholics would still be there protesting on behalf of the CoS if they knew Hubbard's true feelings with regards to their religion?
I doubt it. :no:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
"Always attack, never defend." :roflmao:

How's that working out for you, OSAspawn? :hysterical:

Is there no end to the footbulletry? :drama:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Reasoning

Repeat after me:
"Big PHarma is BAD because it has Billions of dollars".
"CCHR needs money to fight Big PHarma".
"Taking money is GOOD".

:footbullet:

AnonKat

Crusader
That's really interesting.

The picture "Tom Cruise is not a kook"...obviously that is a "button" they hope to nullify by saying it isn't true. Successful action, right? :duh:

They also obviously recognise that Anonymous is successful and are copying them. All too funny. :biggrin:

They are "restimulating" the "Anonymous incident" :coolwink:

supafreak

Patron Meritorious
Far be it from me to defend a CCHR nutter, but the bit about antidepressants and suicidality is true. The SSRI class of antidepressants can increase the risk of suicide in the under-25 crowd (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antidepressant#Suicide). So yes, doctors have to be careful when they prescribe ADs to a younger person.

But you know what? For all of CCHR's hysteria, they fail to realise that plenty of people take antidepressants, do well on them, and recover and can stop taking them. For example, I'm not dead! :thumbsup:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
For all of CCHR's hysteria, they fail to realise that plenty of people take antidepressants, do well on them, and recover and can stop taking them. For example, I'm not dead! :thumbsup:

It's not their failure to realize. :no:

It's that CCHR is only allowed to report on negative stuff related to Psych's and Psych drugs. If CCHR issued a Press Release that showed Psychiatrists or Psych Drugs can help people, they'd be SP Declared so fast it would make your head spin. Hubbard declared the Psych's to be the enemy of mankind, the source of evil in the universe, and that is what the individual staff have to go by. They're not allowed to report on any positives that they may directly observe. They're focused like a laser beam looking for negative stuff with which to attack this profession with.

If one ONLY looks for the negative, the corruption, abuses, the criminality, you're going to find it. It doesn't matter which field you're looking at, whether its psychiatry or auto mechanics, home builders, or whatever. There are corrupt individuals within every field. But there are also good people who are out to help other people, and turn out good products in whatever field they work in.
But CCHR could care less about them. :no: