What's new

Nibs Tells Us the MO of Ron, SR.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Was just reading through the Penthouse interview of L. Ron Hubbard, Jr., and it is quite telling.

I thought I'd put these together to get a better view of L. Ron Hubbard, Sr.

Penthouse: There was no church when he wrote the book?

Hubbard: Oh, no, no. You see, his goal was basically to write the book, take the money and run. But in 1950, this was the first major book of do-it-yourself psychotherapy, and it became a runaway best-seller. He kept getting, literally, mail trucks full of mail. And so he and some other people, including J. W. Campbell, the editor of Astounding Science Fiction, started the Dianetics Research Foundation in Elizabeth, New Jersey. And the post office kept backing up and just dumping mail sacks into the building. The foundation had a staff that just ran through the envelopes and threw away anything that didn't have any money in it.

Penthouse: This has been going on since the fifties?

Hubbard: Sure. It was pretty tame back then compared to very sophisticated operations like they have now. When we hid assets, for example --I remember being in Philadelphia when the FBI anc the U.S. Marshall's Office were after my father on a contempt-of-court charge. There I was running across town with my father with our complete mailing list and a suitcase full of money! Heading for the hills!

Penthouse: Did he invest the money?

Hubbard: No. He wanted to stay really liquid. Very fluid, so he could cut and run at any time.

Pretty telling...

From this "tech" we have the Sea Org in Int'l waters, bolting all over this country constantly, riding off into the sunset in an RV...what a guy...

smartone

My Own Boss
Yes, I've read it recently. It definitely cleared up quite a few questions I had. One thing I can say is that he fooled us all.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I remember being in Philadelphia when the FBI anc the U.S. Marshall's Office were after my father on a contempt-of-court charge.

What year was this ?

Was it the Purcell Foundation break in enter charges with Mary sue and James Elliot loading the van ? or Ron drawing on a check from the foundation for $9000 when he had lost the account authority?

T

TheSneakster

A full text copy of the Ron DeWolfe Penthouse Interview of published in the June 1983 issue can be found on Arnie Lerma's web site. At the time of the interview, "Nibs" was attempting to have his father Ron Hubbard declared either dead or mentally incompetent and take control of Hubbard's estate. This lawsuit was dismissed on June 27th, 1983.

The following statements were also made by Ron DeWolfe in that same interview claiming that Hubbard, Snr. bought St. Hill Manor with money made from selling military secrets to the Soviet Union:

Penthouse said:
Penthouse: Your father was selling information to the Soviets?

Hubbard: Yes. That's where my father got the money to buy St. Hill Manor in East Grinstead, Sussex, which is the English headquarters of Scientology today.

Penthouse: What information did your father have to sell the Soviet government?

Hubbard: He didn't do any spying himself. What he normally did was allow these strange little people to go into the offices and into his home at odd hours of the night. He told me that he was allowing the KGB to go through our files, and that he was charging £40,000 for it. This was the money he used for the purchase of St. Hill Manor.

Penthouse: Do you know any specific information that the KGB got from your father that might have been harmful to security?

Hubbard: The plans for an infrared heat-seeking missile in the early fifties. They obtained the information by extensive auditing of the guy who was one of the head engineers. There were great infiltrations clear to this day. There has always been an inordinate interest on the part of Scientology in military and government personnel. There's no way for me to prove it sitting here, but I believe that the KGB trained East German agents who came via Denmark to London to the United States who were, supposedly, Scientologists. They made very good Scientologists. They were very well trained.

The above assertions alone should be sufficient to raise serious questions about Ron DeWolfe's veracity with regard to any statements made about his Father.

A full text copy of the Ron DeWolfe Penthouse Interview of published in the June 1983 issue can be found on Arnie Lerma's web site. At the time of the interview, "Nibs" was attempting to have his father Ron Hubbard declared either dead or mentally incompetent and take control of Hubbard's estate. This lawsuit was dismissed on June 27th, 1983.

The following statements were also made by Ron DeWolfe in that same interview claiming that Hubbard, Snr. bought St. Hill Manor with money made from selling military secrets to the Soviet Union:

The above assertions alone should be sufficient to raise serious questions about Ron DeWolfe's veracity with regard to any statements made about his Father.

Do you doubt that Hubbard made up a story about the KGB, or do you actually doubt that Hubbard would go through PC folders looking for information he could profit from?

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
What makes you say that? Is it impossible?

Not impossible but first of all the idea that hubbard had access to 'secrets" is totally bizarre and means that "Nibs' bought into the whole hallucination that was his father's 'past".

which makes hi an unreliable "witness" at best. especially as he was hoping to gain from what he was saying.

freethinker

Sponsor
Are you saying the occult stuff probably didn't happen either, that Ron didn't try to perform that abortion?
Not impossible but first of all the idea that hubbard had access to 'secrets" is totally bizarre and means that "Nibs' bought into the whole hallucination that was his father's 'past".

which makes hi an unreliable "witness" at best. especially as he was hoping to gain from what he was saying.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Well, when it comes to L. Ron Hubbard my money is on Nibs. As far as him selling info to flunkies in the Communist Party and making enough to buy Saint Hill - I paid the mothereffer enough to buy Saint Hill. Add up what everyone else on ESMB paid the guy and you get the idea. It's not like the Commies got anything of value...but neither did anyone else.

But, let's say the Commie sell-out is bogus and Nibs was either lying or believing false BS from "daddy" - the points of Hubbard ready to cut and run at a moments notice are spot on.

One merely needs to follow the guy's address of residence to see that and me thinks because "certified mail is psycho" and it makes it difficult to serve a summons on "the Fabian".

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some aspects of Nibs recollections would be interpreted as he saw it and what he was told, Ron was an artful and believable liar. whats the term 'very convincing'

But running from cops and being there is a difficult thing to interpret any other way.

My moneys on Nibs too.

any info on when they were allegedly the 'band on the run'?

freethinker

Sponsor
I've been thinking about this.

Ron called Sarah a card carrying communist and wrote letters to the FBI concerning it.

Ron claimed no knowledge of the activities of the GO and Mary Sue went to jail for it.

It seems to me that Ron pre-creates patsy's for his illegal activities.

I believe he was involved in such activities and if cornered or caught would have pointed the finger at Sarah as the one selling the secrets.

If so, that several ground levels below despicable.

Veda

Sponsor
Nibs (Ron Jr.) said his father used drugs. That alone is enough to raise the ire of Scientologists, whether in or out of the CofS. Below is a repost of some info that may be helpful.

From the 'Penthouse' interview.

Penthouse: "Did he [Hubbard Sr.] encourage you to use drugs?"

Hubbard Jr.: "Well, he used them with me. He was a real night person. We used to sit around at night, sit around his office or home, get loaded up, and talk... He started out by mixing phenobarbital in my bubble gum, when I was ten years old. This was to induce deeper trances in order to practice the black magic..."

From L. Ron Hubbard Sr.'s 'Affirmations':

"Your psychology is good. You worked to darken your own children. This failure with them [Ron Jr., and his younger sister Katherine] was only apparent. The evident lack of effectiveness was 'ordered'. The same psychology works perfectly on everyone else. You use it with great confidence.

"Darkness is a cloak you may don. Your guardian and your own courage protect you utterly in darkness. You control anything you meet in darkness for that is part of your universe.

"Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write.

"Your psychology is true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIwmsBLvcr4

As a non-sequitur comment, at the beginning of the first 'Philadelphia Doctorate Course' lecture: "...the prince of darkness. Who do you think I am?" [audience chuckles].

Poor Nibs.

The first "Ron's Org" SP Declare I ever read was the one on L. Ron Hubbard Jr. (Nibs). It was in a notebook owned by the person who is currently the Senior C/S for Ron's Orgs in the USA:

"Sector Ethics Order:

"Ron De Wolfe, alias Nibs Hubbard, alias L. Ron Hubbard Junior

"...He has recently come under direct influence of the infamous suppressive implanter known as Xenu, subject of Ethics Order No. 1 (written in 1967 by Elron Elray)...

"Astar Paramejgian

"Deputy Sector Commander"

The use of "alias" for dramatic effect is another echo of L. Ron Hubbard, whose (perceived) enemies were invariably communists, criminals, or sex perverts, for example, according to the founder of Scientology, his 2nd wife was a Russian spy, sent in to run a Covert Operation on Dianetics:

"Sara Komkovadamanov, alias Northrup..."

Good ol' Captain Bill. And to think his Ron's Orgs flying saucer cult is the number one FZ group. http://galac-patra.narod.ru/index.html Oh well.

As for Ron Jr., or Nibs, other than his comments in 'Penthouse' and a few TV interviews, and his brief association with the book 'Messiah or Madman?', there's not very much. There is a total of five pages of material, from Ron Jr., in the book, 'L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman?'. And all the material used in "Madman?' was supported by others' testimony and by court's evidence.

There's a confusion re. the 'Penthouse' article, as stories told to Ron Jr., by his father, were presented as being believed by Ron Jr. Ron Jr. believed some of it, not all of it, and was uncertain about some things. That's one category: Things he was *told* by his father. His father *told* him (he was 17 in 1950) that he was selling secrets to the Russians, just as his father told Scientologists so many things. And, not unlike the Scientologists who are still "sorting it out" and recovering, so did Ron Jr. attempt to do so.

Of course, Ron Jr. had the problem of having been Fair Gamed, by his father and Scientology, for most of his life. The two "buttons" that Scientology Inc. went after were "family, wife, children," and "money, jobs, etc." Scientology Inc. was relentless. He signed a retraction (recant), in the early 1970s, around the time that his youngest son was born with Downs syndrome, and another retraction, in the mid 1980s, after being hospitalized and undergoing surgery.

Ron Jr. was told many things by his father, but he also *witnessed* his father's behavior: his father throwing dinner plates against walls, his father drinking heavily, and his father using drugs; he witnessed his father's fascination with the writings of Aleister Crowley, and with the darkest aspects of the occult, witnessed his father's use of self-hypnosis with the 'Affirmations' - the 'Affirmations' beginning in the late 1930s. He also witnessed his father secretly hoarding cash, then telling creditors he had no money, and he witnessed the contempt with which his father regarded Scientologists, the Scientologists to whom his father had repeatedly lied.

And then there are Ron Jr.'s opinions.

Ron Jr. was told so many tall tales by his father that he spent the rest of his life trying to sort it out, and free himself from his father's manipulations. And he said so.

Over-all, Ron's Jr.'s information - the key points - have been confirmed by other sources.

And he's the only Hubbard son or daughter who has had the courage to speak out publicly.

Div6

Crusader
What year was this ?

Was it the Purcell Foundation break in enter charges with Mary sue and James Elliot loading the van ? or Ron drawing on a check from the foundation for $9000 when he had lost the account authority?

http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/apobs/bs3-4.htm

December 16th, 1952

On the afternoon of December 16, the lectures were abruptly interrupted by the arrival of U.S. Marshals. A warrant had been issued against Hubbard for failing to return $9,000 withdrawn from the Wichita Foundation. There was something of a scuffle with the Marshals. Hubbard was arrested, but returned to finish the lecture that evening. Almost immediately afterward, he left for England to complete the "Doctorate" series there. Hubbard had claimed to have no idea of his income from the Wichita Foundation, saying he had been denied access to the financial records. Eventually, he settled by paying $1,000 and returning a car supplied by Purcell. Remarkably, this was the last time that Hubbard was apprehended by the law

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Penthouse Interview said:
L Ron Hubbard Jr: Sure. It was pretty tame back then compared to very sophisticated operations like they have now. When we hid assets, for example --

I remember being in Philadelphia when the FBI anc the U.S. Marshall's Office were after my father on a contempt-of-court charge.

There I was running across town with my father with our complete mailing list and a suitcase full of money! Heading for the hills!

Jachss said:
What year was this ?

http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/apobs/bs3-4.htm

On the afternoon of December 16, the lectures were abruptly interrupted by the arrival of U.S. Marshals. A warrant had been issued against Hubbard for failing to return $9,000 withdrawn from the Wichita Foundation. There was something of a scuffle with the Marshals. Hubbard was arrested, but returned to finish the lecture that evening. Almost immediately afterward, he left for England to complete the "Doctorate" series there. Hubbard had claimed to have no idea of his income from the Wichita Foundation, saying he had been denied access to the financial records. Eventually, he settled by paying $1,000 and returning a car supplied by Purcell. Remarkably, this was the last time that Hubbard was apprehended by the law

December 16th, 1952

A few conflicting dates around the 16, 17, 18, 19 DEC 1952.

It was during the course of the Philadelphia Doctorate Course Dec 1-18 1952- Jan 53

---------------------------------------

TECH VOL 1 page 297

Scientology 8-8008 was written by L. Ron Hubbard in England in October—
November 1952. He had the first copy with him when he flew to the United States and
presented it at the opening of the Philadelphia Doctorate Course on December first.

----------------------------------------

TECH VOL 1 Pg 298

PHILADELPHIA DOCTORATE COURSE LECTURES
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1—18 December 1952 - 62 lectures

L. Ron Hubbard gave the Philadelphia Doctorate Course to a class of 38 auditors in
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, from Monday, 1 December, through Friday, 19 December[/U] 1952.
As reported in the Journal of Scientology 9-G, “A total of 62 lectures were delivered to these
candidates by Mr. Hubbard, each lecture an hour in duration.

-----------------------------

Tech VOL 1 pg 306

London, England
12—14 January 1953 3 lectures

After completing the Philadelphia Doctorate Course, L. Ron Hubbard returned to
London, England, to spend Christmas with his family and to continue several research
projects he had in progress there.

------------------------------------------------

Tech Vol 1 pg 306

PHILADELPHIA DOCTORATE COURSE SUPPLEMENTARY LECTURES
London, England
14—23 January 1953 11 lectures

L. Ron Hubbard gave the following lectures in London, which are supplementary to
his Philadelphia Doctorate Course lectures (see page 298). They cover Standard Operating
Procedure, Issue 5.

Cheers

L Ron Hubbard Jr said:
STATE OF FLORIDA
CITY OF CLEARWATER
PINELLAS COUNTY

CITY OF CLEARWATER COMMISSION HEARING RE:
THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY

Clearwater City Hall
Clearwater, Florida
Thursday, May 6, 1982

MR. DeWOLFE: I think, yesterday I alluded to several things that we did. For instance, in the Philadelphia fiasco being served the papers by the U.S. Marshalls in December 53[1952], 1 ran around and emptied all of the bank accounts out, which was, I guess, subverting the purposes and the desires of the federal court. And we grab bed up all of the mailing lists and ran off with them. And I remember going around all day before the 2-24 court thing and hoarding and putting away what money we could from a couple of -- I think we had two bank accounts*I didn't have, my father did -.two bank accounts. And We went out in the country and I hid for a day or so to make sure that both the mailing lists and the money were protected. This was money which, I would imagine, rightfully the federal court would have been interested in.
2-23
http://www.lermanet.com/82cwcommission/2-001-020.htm

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

Federal Bureau of Investigation
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

April 14 , 1967

Lafayette Ronald Hubbard​
<snip>
On December 17 & 19, 1952, he was examined before the bankrupt court
and agreed with the Ancillary Receiver to make restitution. Judge GRIM then discharged Hubbard.<snip>

Page2
The file went on to say that it appears HUBBARD displays a fine talent for profiting personally although his firms generally fail.

bankrupt1.gif

link to page 2 FBI document

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yah, I knew Nibs last time. Didn't like him.

I kinew Nibs this lifetime, and I liked him quuite a lot. He took good care of his wife and child, and was helpful to those of us who did know him.
He was a family man, and considerate and thoughtful, and a helluva good auditor.
What was it, exactly, during your "last lifetime" that you did not like about Nibs?

challenge

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
I kinew Nibs this lifetime, and I liked him quuite a lot. He took good care of his wife and child, and was helpful to those of us who did know him.
He was a family man, and considerate and thoughtful, and a helluva good auditor.
What was it, exactly, during your "last lifetime" that you did not like about Nibs?

challenge

That quote should read " last time", not "last lifetime". Sorry. My bad.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

Thanks! Actually I was waiting with baited breath as to whether you wanted your followers to consider that Nibs was being fed the same type of horseshit as the rest of us or making it up on his own for personal profit due to being born with the Elron fraud gene. You should have a Snopes site where we can check with you on what we should now believe now that we're lost, adrift and desperate for another Budda figure.