What's new

Mark Janicello book - false report correction

How did you like the book of Mark Janicello?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
You mean that Mark really believed Hubbard and expected Scientology tech to make him a world class artist and rich as a king? - And the Scientology critics spoiled that!?

Oh man!!! - That's naive beyond belief.. But then, Hubbard did teach that 'belief' was 'reality' for scientologists...

:melodramatic:

Exactly... and now is Mark as wide as a finger away from the truth, but don't want to make the last step. This is really sad...

Anyway still waiting of his answers... :drama:

marjan

Patron with Honors
The problem is, you didn't use the quoting system correctly, now I can't quote either, so this gets messy.

Well, the "Akzent Theater" has 455 seats (not 465):
http://www.akzent.at/home/haus/theater 10 seats are blocked off for the fire department and "behörde" at every performance and do not appear on their ticketing and floor plan... since you know so much.

The "Theater an der Wien" has 1129 seats, the "Raimund Theater" has 1185 seats,
the "Ronacher Theater" has 1001 seats.

The Gloria Theater, where you sang 2009, has 250 seats max. I did not sing at the Gloria Theater in 2009 FYI. I cancelled the performance. Just to put things into perspective. I'm not saying its a bad thing, a performance in a small venue is great fun too. And I understand that you do PR for yourself, after all, you're a performer. However you are lacking self-criticism, so you can't improve. (This is encouraged by Scientology, a central concept is not to "invalidate" people) Well certainly, I am going to take the advice of an individual like you -- with your world-class knowledge and experience. Give me a fucking break.

I said:

You said:

Feel free to have them come up here, all of them plus Dr. Schleppnik. You are certainly not worth the time of those good people. However I can only repeat: there were just 4 critics only 2 had the T-Shirt at that time - these T-Shirts were hard to get. (They sure wish there were more, but there were just 4) Btw your book says "almost" the front row, now you say "all the front row". So the protest got even bigger now (18)! Just look at the papers you got from police at that time. "almost" the front row, is not a sentence or proper english. So somewhere, again, you mis-understood.

You wrote:

The protest was on the Schleifmühlgasse and thank you for confirming that your book is inaccurate there. The book is not inaccurate, that concert is not in the book at all. The Operngasse is the perpendicular street to the Schleifmühlgasse, and the Stage was at that end of the Schleifmühlgasse, on the Operngasse itself -- so I am factually correct as well -- since you want to be pedantic.

You wrote:

They could travel to Amsterdam on their private plane that has a SCIENTOLOGY KILLS Logo, if you keep telling falsehoods about them. All "18" of them. (They are really just 4, but maybe they'll feel to you like 36 in Amsterdam, and even 72 if they use vuvuzelas). :) Incredibly funny. I am really laughing. BTW, what do you do for a living, Mrs. Beasley? Let's hear about your world successes and your tremendous talent.

One more thing: You also don't seem to understand that the protest was always against Scientology, not against you. I KNOW that the protest was against SCN, not me. There is no mis-understanding there. The people who protested, didn't know me personally. I was just "used" by them to get attention for their "target" SCN. But, as I have written here many time, wrong place, wrong target.

This "religious freedom PR" is Scientology PR using YOU as mouthpiece. Scientology doesn't care about religious freedom, it cares about business freedom for themselves. Kindof like a cigarette company that would make PR about "freedom of taste". Freedom of Religion is a worthwhile cause. Being a criminal, disturbing the peace, destroying a performance and more is not worthy of anything.
YOU and colleagues should have protested at the SCN Churchs. That's where that belonged, not in my performances.
:smoking:

I don't "quote" properly, because I answer quicker this way.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Well, I notice from the Poll results that only 1 person responding here (Mrs Beasley) has actually read the book so it's hardly what I'd call informed discussion! :biggrin:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
So, we have another thread knocking Mark Janicello?

What is this really all about?

Mark is now an EX is he not?

In the past he assisted OSA (many of us did) but now he is an EX.

What am I missing here?

I get that he wrote a book and that he was annoyed at protests (many years prior to anon) aimed at him personally (I would be too) but now he is an EX wanting to contribute here so why is he being battered so savagely?

I don't get it but I'm not enjoying watching it.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

What am I missing here?

I get that he wrote a book and that he was annoyed at protests (many years prior to anon) aimed at him personally (I would be too) but now he is an EX wanting to contribute here so why is he being battered so savagely?

Essentially, it boils down to the fact that Mark is perpetuating the myth that those who protest Scientology are criminals.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Well, I notice from the Poll results that only 1 person responding here (Mrs Beasley) has actually read the book so it's hardly what I'd call informed discussion! :biggrin:

How many children need to tell you that that the Emperor is wearing no clothes?

marjan

Patron with Honors
Essentially, it boils down to the fact that Mark is perpetuating the myth that those who protest Scientology are criminals.

If you break the law, you are a criminal.
That's how it works in the real world.
That is not a myth.

I have stated again, and again, that I support EVERYONE's right to protest.
You can get a permission from any city office to hold a protest.
There are rules that go with that permission.

Kamikaze taking over of performances has nothing to do with a LEGAL protest.
Say what you want, that is CRIMINAL.

marjan

Patron with Honors

What am I missing here?

Thank you "ITYIWT" I really appreciate that.
BTW, "You know I'm not good" is my favorite Amy Winehouse number.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
If you break the law, you are a criminal.
That's how it works in the real world.
That is not a myth.

I have stated again, and again, that I support EVERYONE's right to protest.
You can get a permission from any city office to hold a protest.
There are rules that go with that permission.

Kamikaze taking over of performances has nothing to do with a LEGAL protest.
Say what you want, that is CRIMINAL.

So which law(s) did these 4 protesters break exactly? What was it that made their protest "criminal"? Awaiting your reply with bated breath and hoping it'd be something more convincing than "taking photographs and wearing T-shirts is 'disturbing the peace' ".

EDIT
Oh, and while I'm at it: Since you were able to "identify" the person who left the death threat on some answering machine, was this person convicted? What was the sentence?

Last edited:

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
Mark, please tell us the name. Did you inform police? Was the person convicted? What was the sentence?

Mark would you please answers this questions, now!

BTW: Mrs Beasley is well known by the German Anons, especially Rheinländers knows Mrs Beasley. So I trust this person...
and damned I never figured out who Mrs Beasley is. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.