What's new

CoS Faces Backpay Bill to Former Members!!!

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
I have reported that post to the Department of Redundant Words Department.

Cry haddock, and let slip the cods of war!

Purple Rain

Crusader
Anybody who was employed by the Church of Scientology in Australia, in any capacity, or by any affiliated corporation (eg narconon), should feel free to lodge a claim with respect to unpaid wages with Fair Work Australia.

The form is here: http://www.fairwork.gov.au/complaints/forms/pages/default.aspx

Cherished, my employment with the Church of Scientology was 18 years ago. I think Feral was saying you could only claim for unpaid wages up to six years ago. Should I still lodge a claim? Also I don't think I have receipts or copies of my contract or anything any longer.

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
Cherished, my employment with the Church of Scientology was 18 years ago. I think Feral was saying you could only claim for unpaid wages up to six years ago. Should I still lodge a claim? Also I don't think I have receipts or copies of my contract or anything any longer.
PR, I wouldn't want to hold out hope for claims that are more than 6 years old. However, there are circumstances in which the statutes of limitation can be negated - eg. where you didn't take action due to the actions or representations of the employer. You would need to get legal advice before commencing any action to claim wages from more than 6 years ago.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron

Cherished and Purple Rain,
My suggestion would be for anyone over 6 years, still file it, with a note
"I worked for C of $ years ago, however I'm sending you this INFORMATION
as back up for you all, to see how many people suffered by this organization."

Just a suggestion. I DO think the more they see, the more furious they will get.
"Sunshine Disinfects."

Cherished, if you disagree, just say so. I'm just giving my two cents.

Thank you ALL :yes: :hug: VERY PROUD TO KNOW YOU AUSSIES!

Tory/Magoo

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron

Individuals who want to submit a complaint should do so regardless of the 'Statutes of Limitations'.

Let FWO determine if they are able to represent you or not as there are different State Award Instruments and its not one size fits all scenario.

Busy time ahead for all concerned for sure.

Last edited:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
The cult would owe a lot of money. And I mean, a LOT.

Ok, not to invoke Godwin's law, but this does remind me of the settlement that the Swiss Banks and the Swiss government had to come to in what- the late 90s or a bit later? When WWII survivors (of concentration camps and/or other refugees) were coming back after the war to get money they had in accounts in Switzerland, they were told to bring ID. But the ones who did bring ID, the banks still evaded payment. They kicked and howled and this went on for decades so that many of the depositors died and their families had to take up the battle. I remember reading that due to all the delays, the Swiss banks now owed far more money because of interest accrual. Then it became a matter of survival for them to refrain from paying. Records were destroyed. A whistleblower came forth and was then fired from the bank where he worked. Some citizen or maybe a politician was quoted as saying they didn't want their entire country bankrupted for this. Because that's how big the potential settlement could have been. Eventually it was settled for many many millions of dollars.

See the parallel?

The cult has deep pockets. It's gonna need 'em.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I concur with the opinions that people should file a claim regardless of the age of it, whether it'll bear fruit or not, it does show the powers that be the extant of this abuse, sheer numbers can have positive influences imho.

Good on Au. for finally having a look at this situation, hope to the gods that more like this continues and it snow-balls into other countries!

I suspect that Nz will be next, we'll see.

Purple Rain

Crusader
PR, I wouldn't want to hold out hope for claims that are more than 6 years old. However, there are circumstances in which the statutes of limitation can be negated - eg. where you didn't take action due to the actions or representations of the employer. You would need to get legal advice before commencing any action to claim wages from more than 6 years ago.

Cherished and Purple Rain,
My suggestion would be for anyone over 6 years, still file it, with a note
"I worked for C of $ years ago, however I'm sending you this INFORMATION
as back up for you all, to see how many people suffered by this organization."

Just a suggestion. I DO think the more they see, the more furious they will get.
"Sunshine Disinfects."

Cherished, if you disagree, just say so. I'm just giving my two cents.

Thank you ALL :yes: :hug: VERY PROUD TO KNOW YOU AUSSIES!

Tory/Magoo

Individuals who want to submit a complaint should do so regardless of the 'Statutes of Limitations'.

Let FWO determine if you they are able to represent you or not as there are different State Award Instruments and its not one size fits all scenario.

Busy time ahead for all concerned for sure.

Thanks for the information and advice, you guys!

:thankyou: