What's new

The Self-affirmations of L. Ron Hubbard

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
This is from a post by Alert on OCMB. This new video answered a lot for me.

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=291367&sid=a99aede8583d077a86877db5361e4564#291367

----------------------------------
Start at page one and get a glimpse into the mind of madness that is LaFayette Ronald Hubbard.

There is a now youtube with a compilation of hubbards admissions/affirmations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIwmsBLvcr4

The authenticity of these admissions were never challenged when they were entered into court records when the cult were trying to destroy Gerry Armstrong.

---------------------
(For the rest of the post check link above.)

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
From his affirmations here's the clearing process that he repeated on himself! :D
You can consciously banish any train of thought from your mind, any time, any song. You can recall words, speeches, whole books verbatim at will. You are not a victim of chance thoughts. You are in powerful and wise conscious control of all your thinking. You are a master without limits. Your brain has no limits, consciously, unconsciously or psychically. You can perform any mental trick or stunt consciously of which you have ever heard. You are in perfect poise, balance and control of your brain.

And here is what he magically repeated to himself to become an expert on all the rest of us! :D
You understand all the workings of the minds of humans around you, for you are a doctor of minds, bodies and influences.

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
From his affirmations here's the clearing process that he repeated on himself! :D
You can consciously banish any train of thought from your mind, any time, any song. You can recall words, speeches, whole books verbatim at will. You are not a victim of chance thoughts. You are in powerful
and wise conscious control of all your thinking. You are a master without limits. Your brain has no limits, consciously, unconsciously or psychically. You can perform any mental trick or stunt consciously of which you have ever heard. You are in perfect poise, balance and control of your brain.

And here is what he magically repeated to himself to become an expert on all the rest of us! :D
You understand all the workings of the minds of humans around you, for you are a doctor of minds, bodies and influences.

Contrast this with the process of maturing, learning your limitations, and emphasizing your strengths that most humans engage in as they grow older and gain more experience in life.

These are the affirmations of a megalomaniac.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Contrast this with the process of maturing, learning your limitations, and emphasizing your strengths that most humans engage in as they grow older and gain more experience in life.

These are the affirmations of a megalomaniac.

You could say Ronnie was a megalomaniac that immatured with age! :wink2:

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron

You can consciously banish any train of thought from your mind, any time, any song. You can recall words, speeches, whole books verbatim at will. You are not a victim of chance thoughts. You are in powerful and wise conscious control of all your thinking. You are a master without limits. Your brain has no limits, consciously, unconsciously or psychically. You can perform any mental trick or stunt consciously of which you have ever heard. You are in perfect poise, balance and control of your brain.

Looks like he lied to himself so much that he began to believe those lies. Hubbard was a product of his own faulty beliefs.
Smitty

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Looks like he lied to himself so much that he began to believe those lies. Hubbard was a product of his own faulty beliefs.
Smitty

Such self-affirmation is reportedly THE way to achieve things in life. It forms the basis of Napoleon Hill's famous book, Think and Grow Rich, published in 1937. It is described in detail in chapter 4: http://www.yawnandgrowrich.com/yagr_ch04.htm

It is how to get from here to there in life. :)

Paul

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Such self-affirmation is reportedly THE way to achieve things in life. It forms the basis of Napoleon Hill's famous book, Think and Grow Rich, published in 1937. It is described in detail in chapter 4: http://www.yawnandgrowrich.com/yagr_ch04.htm

It is how to get from here to there in life. :)

Paul

It's also a form of 'auto-hypnosis' and, from my point of view, potentially dangerous, which is why, for the most part, I got out of auto-hypnosis many moon ago :)

Believe it or not, even telling yourself 'every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better' can be a problem...

Since, sometimes, it's not true

Zinj

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It's also a form of 'auto-hypnosis' and, from my point of view, potentially dangerous, which is why, for the most part, I got out of auto-hypnosis many moon ago :)

Believe it or not, even telling yourself 'every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better' can be a problem...

Zinj

But it's obviously effective, Zinji. I mean, look at Hubbard. :)

Paul

Smitty

reply to Zinj

Zinj

I'm with you on that, Zinjifar. Look where auto-hypnosis eventually got Hubbard: Exploited by a psychopath, screaming and hallucinating, and euthanized with Vistaril shots in his buttocks.
Auto-hypnosis is very different than formulating goals in life and working to achieve those goals.
Smitty

Colleen K. Peltomaa

But it's obviously effective, Zinji. I mean, look at Hubbard. :)

Paul

I think it depends on the attitude. I have a mantra that I live by and repeat to myself, but I can only see that it builds up my faith, requires me to have faith, and I think faith is a very high human attitude. It denies the apparency of things.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron

Zinj

All positive affirmations have one liability - they bring up the negative!

For example; 'every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better' - brought up more and more areas that I was worse and worse!

At one point I was in near overwhelm because of this.

But - and it is a big but - if you then erase those areas of negativity - the growth is phenomenal.

People use affirmations all the time - they may not be aware they do - but they do - 'I like a clean house' - will bring to view all the unclean parts of a house - you then clean them - if on automatic you become a control freak! :omg:

:D

Alan

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

For example; 'every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better' - brought up more and more areas that I was worse and worse!

But - and it is a big but - if you then erase those areas of negativity - the growth is phenomenal.

People use affirmations all the time - they may not be aware they do - but they do - 'I like a clean house' - will bring to view all the unclean parts of a house - you then clean them - if on automatic you become a control freak! :omg:

Alan

Excellent point! I guess the trick is to become aware of the immediate negativity, not judge it or anything, just become aware - and then it's so much easier to do something about it on a causative level.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Alan

Thank you Alan for that wisdom. In the right hands it can be a tool for clearing out the areas of negativity.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Excellent point! I guess the trick is to become aware of the immediate negativity, not judge it or anything, just become aware - and then it's so much easier to do something about it on a causative level.

What you just said equates to what I call a state of equanimity. The idea is ancient, and I first learned it formally (as an assist process) from John Galusha (idenics thread).

Veda

Sponsor

There's a pattern to these Affirmations ("Admissions"), a pattern that is reflected in later Scientology, and has been described as "schizophrenic," or "dichotomous."

The "Overt/Covert" pattern of the subject and organization of Scientology ("PR is overt. Intelligence is covert.") can be seen in these Affirmations.

Hubbard writes that he tells the truth (the visible, or "overt"), then writes (the covert), "No matter what lies you tell others, they have no physical effect on you of any kind." And, "You can tell all the romantic tales you wish. You will remember them. But you know which ones were lies. You are so logical, you will tell nothing that cannot be believed."

Hubbard then goes on to explain how he can take the adventures of others and adopt them as his own - in other words, prevaricate and misrepresent - and yet, he "tells the truth," etc.

It should be mentioned that these Affirmations are not complete - that there are more. More from 1946, and - apparently - more from the 1930s. Before any of this was known, by way of the reading into the court record of sections of the Affirmations, L. Ron Hubbard Jr. had commented that his father used self-hypnosis and Affirmation-type short statements, repeated to himself through a sound-recorder, to boost his self-confidence. Ron Jr. also added that his father would sometimes combine drug use with these Affirmation-phrases. Both assertions were ridiculed as crazy by Scientologists, who knew that the founder of Scientology couldn't possibly have practiced self-hypnosis or have taken drugs.

One Affirmation omitted from this partial list of Affirmations, but read into the court record from the more complete list, is, "All men shall be your slaves. All women shall succumb to your charms. All Mankind shall grovel at your feet and not know why."

However, "Men are your slaves" did make it into this collection.

Another Affirmation that didn't make in into this incomplete list, but was read into the court record from the original, is, "It doesn't give me displeasure to hear of a virgin being raped. The lot of women is to be fornicated."

Hubbard, however, does not see himself as anything but true and noble. "You are light and you are good. You have the wisdom of all and never doubt your wisdom."

He adds, "You have magnificent power but you are humble and calm and patient in that power. For you control all forces under you as you wish."

And, then, "Men are your slaves."

And, "Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write."

And it goes on.

duddins

Patron Meritorious
One Affirmation omitted from this partial list of Affirmations, but read into the court record from the more complete list, is, "All men shall be your slaves. All women shall succumb to your charms. All Mankind shall grovel at your feet and not know why."

However, "Men are your slaves" did make it into this collection.

Another Affirmation that didn't make in into this incomplete list, but was read into the court record from the original, is, "It doesn't give me displeasure to hear of a virgin being raped. The lot of women is to be fornicated."

Hubbard, however, does not see himself as anything but true and noble. "You are light and you are good. You have the wisdom of all and never doubt your wisdom."

He adds, "You have magnificent power but you are humble and calm and patient in that power. For you control all forces under you as you wish."

And, then, "Men are your slaves."

And, "Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write."

And it goes on.

:hmm: sounds psycho to me

:flasher: and perverse

:nazi: and sadly familiar

:puke2:equally as sickening..................glad the world gets to hear about it finally.