What's new

Adults in small bodies

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
This question just occurred to me. There have been various cases of child molestation/rape, which were all covered up, and in some cases the victim's parents/mother told to lie to the authorites.

The motivation of the organisation to hush it up are obvious, but how do the perpetrators handle their guilt? (Provided that they feel guilty) Is it possible that they convince themselves that children are adults in small bodies and therefore able to deal with it? That would be logical, albeit utterly horrible.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
how do the perpetrators handle their guilt? (Provided that they feel guilty)

1. "Incidents from the whole track got severely restimulated, and will get handled in session"

or

2. via Section of Ethics, doing Conditions and Amends, or undergoing Scientology Justice procedures - all internally (without involving Law Authorites).

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
1. "Incidents from the whole track got severely restimulated, and will get handled in session"

or

2. via Section of Ethics, doing Conditions and Amends, or undergoing Justice - all internally (without involving Law Authorites).

Thanks, but this is what the organisation tells them. What do they think themselves?

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks, but this is what the organisation tells them. What do they think themselves?

"The Source" is NOT the organization but Ron. - Scientologist believes Ron.

In my post above there were just my guesses. - Haven't been one of those child molesters to tell you exactly what comes through their minds.

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
"The Source" is NOT the organization but Ron. - Scientologist believes Ron.

In my post above there were just my guesses. - Haven't been one of those child molesters to tell you exactly what comes through their minds.

Of course I didn't expect anyone "to talk from experience". I was wondering if -given the mindset they're in- they would use this Hubbard claim to justify their despicable acts.

Dilettante

Patron Meritorious
Based on my experience with regard to 'thetans in small bodies' I have observed this with respect to parents justifying their long crazy hours and being broke. :melodramatic: Hardly used to imply that a child could easily experience a pedophile. For the most part the term is used to explain how a child needs to contribute and that they can take responsibility for thier actions. I have seen the saying used by critics to point out how abuses are part of the tech, that was just never my observation. :confused2: If a scio uses that to explain molestation; I say PEDOPHILE. Because thats exactly what it is. If a scio justifies neglecting a child with that it would be called neglect. There are other cultures that uphold the same belief about children. I guess whatever we do wrong to our children is just wrong and in the name of any belief it's still just wrong. :yes:
Dil

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Of course I didn't expect anyone "to talk from experience". I was wondering if -given the mindset they're in- they would use this Hubbard claim to justify their despicable acts.

The adults in small bodies idea is absolutely despicable to me, has been since I first learnt of it. I can see no positive benefit to the child at all from this belief. Even an extremely gifted child, a genius, is still a child emotionally.

Yes, I believe it would be used to justify the actions. It is a free pass to any true believer who wishes to take it, to neglect or abuse emotionally, spiritually, sexually or physically.
For the sexual abuse there is the added bonus to the perp that legal matters are handled in house and that the victim is guilty of pulling it in. Woohoo. It is the paedophile equivalent of a lottery win.
I'm not sure paedophiles would stop themselves even if their religious beliefs strictly forbade it, but maybe it would cause them second thoughts?

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
The adults in small bodies idea is absolutely despicable to me, has been since I first learnt of it. I can see no positive benefit to the child at all from this belief. Even an extremely gifted child, a genius, is still a child emotionally.

Yes, I believe it would be used to justify the actions. It is a free pass to any true believer who wishes to take it, to neglect or abuse emotionally, spiritually, sexually or physically.
For the sexual abuse there is the added bonus to the perp that legal matters are handled in house and that the victim is guilty of pulling it in. Woohoo. It is the paedophile equivalent of a lottery win.
I'm not sure paedophiles would stop themselves even if their religious beliefs strictly forbade it, but maybe it would cause them second thoughts?

Generally speaking, has this ruthless idea "adults in small bodies" ever caused a true believer to question Hubbard's infallibilty?

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron

To that I'd say "no".

To put them in chain lockers, make them work like adults is one thing.

To justify rape or molestation with Hubbard's datum that "that child is just a thetan in small body" is another.

- That's not in Hubbard's works, thus unacceptable by Scientology organization and doesn't fly as a justification for a sick-minded Scientologist.

ADDED:
Situation with Sicentologist pedophile is pretty much the same as with Catholic priest pedophile. - Nowhere in the scriptures are there any justification for that.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Generally speaking, has this ruthless idea "adults in small bodies" ever caused a true believer to question Hubbard's infallibilty?

Why would it appear ruthless to them, it is a alternative form of parenting sanctioned by the church?
I am sure the great majority of parents would not see it as a way to abuse their children, or the children of others.

Smilla

Ordinary Human

I can only think that it's doublethink in action again - the learned ability to forget and remember as required by the cult.

"To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget, whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself -- that was the ultimate subtlety; consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink." (Emphasis mine.)

--Orwell, 1984.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Even an extremely gifted child, a genius, is still a child emotionally.

Yes, we all go thru various phases in our lives. - In Scientology, according to Hubbard, it's neglected. "A Child is an adult, even if he doesn't know it yet"

- Extrapolated too far.
Scientology is limited to/by what Hubbard said.

- mine bolded.

Last edited:

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron

I doubt.

It is a firm belief of a true Scientologist that we are all thetans. I'm a thetan, you are a thetan. We all have lived before, just forgot it. - Thus, we have all been adults before. - And! What are our bodies but meat that carry thetan around.

No matter what age of a true Scientologist, he believes in that. - Because what Hubbard said IS the truth.

See?

Dilettante

Patron Meritorious
A pedophile would be glad to use any justifier available. Unfortunately what the tech does lend to is the culture that tech will handle it when AUTHORITIES should 'handle' abuses like chain lockers and pedophiles. :angry: The fact that staff members are overworked and overextended have led to many a bad choice of babysitter. The pressure to keep mum about abuses and incidents comes from perverted scio PR. :no: A culture that touts 'you pulled it in' as in 'that's gonna cost extra' creates some flawed reasoning. :grouch:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
When talking about a sexually abused child, you say " This 9 year old.." and get cut off by a sea org person firing back " Is she 9 million years old or 9 trillion years old ?
You do understand she is a thetan, right " ?

And, of course, it is going to center on what this child did to pull in an adult having sex with her.

It boils down to the "church" is far more concerned with its own image than the welfare of any individual.

And... all the perp has to do to entirely avoid the whole issue is make a contribution.
Yep, ethics and justice are for sale in scientology.

One day maybe some well known names will have to stand, at least, some public scrutiny for their child molestation.

Poke around. It is there. It is known.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
Thank you for starting this thread. I was thinking about this very subject the other day but did not want to start a thread. Has anyone here actually raised a child from birth? From the responses thus far it does not sound like it.

The greatest joy of my life has been watching the growth of my kids from birth until today. My only conclusion to Hubbard & Scientology considering kids "thetans in small bodies" is that they cannot be bothered with the hard work of molding young ones. It is incomphrensible to anyone who has done so to ever think of kids in this way. The trust in their eyes towards parents is unmistakeable, and it melts the heart. Just last week my big 23 year old US Marine spontaneously gave me a very tender hug. He didn't say a word. Moments like that happen all the time between parent and child, and my memory confirms that kids are precious ones who need our guidance.

No, this very concept is a perversion of nature. As LRH was a perversion of nature.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
To that I'd say "no".

To put them in chain lockers, make them work like adults is one thing.

To justify rape or molestation with Hubbard's datum that "that child is just a thetan in small body" is another.

- That's not in Hubbard's works, thus unacceptable by Scientology organization and doesn't fly as a justification for a sick-minded Scientologist.

ADDED:
Situation with Sicentologist pedophile is pretty much the same as with Catholic priest pedophile. - Nowhere in the scriptures are there any justification for that.

In or out of any religion, the abuser intimidates the child into silence....temporary or permanent. It's their stock in trade. Add scientology "blame the child victim" to this and it is a real mess and diverts attention from the abuser. In scn. the abuser, an adult, can be extorted financially better in the free world than in jail.
I would imagine he/she gladly pays for their new "case gain."

Unfortunately, Scientology is not the only insanity on this subject. In Sharia law, for instance, a woman cannot prove rape but is accused of having illicit sex (or adultery if she is married) unless the rapist confesses or unless there were four male witnesses (willing to speak up).

Short of such confession or witnesses, the woman is beaten. A child raped by her father or outsider is under the same pressure. What pedophile is going to abuse a victim in front of four honorable witnesses? He's got it made in the shade. Also, a female's testimony in court is worth only 1/2 of a male's.