What's new

Lisa Mcpherson Wrongful Death Civil Suit, Settled or Not?

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
According to the following sources, the Lisa Mcpherson Wrongful Death suit was settled seven years ago.

A civil suit brought by her family against the Church was settled on May 28, 2004.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Lisa_McPherson

When the judge in the civil suit was presented the evidence he ruled that Lisa McPherson was at the Church of her own free will and dismissed a major portion of the case. The remaining part of the civil case ultimately settled in 2004.
http://www.scientologymyths.info/lisa-mcpherson/

Dandar continued to pursue the civil lawsuit for years despite hellacious harassment. The suit was settled in 2004.
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/lisa_mcpherson_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

But when I check the public records, it doesn't seem settled at all, as anyone can verify:
  1. Go to the Pinellas County Public Records internet site: http://pubtitlet.co.pinellas.fl.us/, click on the "Login" button.
  2. This brings you to https://pubtitles.co.pinellas.fl.us/login/loginx.jsp. Click on the "Guest Login" button.
  3. This brings you to http://pubtitlet.co.pinellas.fl.us/mainmenux.jsp. Under the Clerk Records section, click on the link named "Civil/Small Claims Name/Case Lookup".
  4. This brings you to http://pubtitlet.co.pinellas.fl.us/civil/KEInput.jsp. Under the heading "Lookup by Name (Alphabetic or Phonetic)", type "MCPHERSON, LISA" in the box and click the "Submit" button immediately below.
  5. This brings up a page listing eight cases, the second of which is the wrongful death case 00005682CI, filed 8/17/2000. Click on the small icon under the "Link To" column for this case.
  6. This brings up a page with the most recent docket entries.
And as of right now, the most recent of the 3075 docket entries is "08/12/2011 PLAINTIFF REASSIGNMENT OF CASE"

Lisa Mcpherson doesn't seem to qualify as breaking news. But how can this case be considered "settled"? Is this a different case? I'm suspicious that CoS is keeping this alive so as to bankrupt Dell Liebreich and she can't ask for help because of a gag agreement. That's just my speculation, but it seems to be sealed so I don't know what's going on.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
It could be further civil actions, dunno, but am happy for anything that keeps shining lights on what happened to Lisa. Sounds like 'wait and see', am sure the news will come out in all it's glory.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. cult. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
It could be further civil actions, dunno, but am happy for anything that keeps shining lights on what happened to Lisa. Sounds like 'wait and see', am sure the news will come out in all it's glory.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. cult. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It was on the Flag ship Apollo when LRH devised the 1st Introspection Rundown.
We had to study the case histories in depth as part of our training.
This was because Bruce Welch had a mental breakdown and threatened to grab a carving knife from the Galley of the ship and stab LRH 133x. He also wanted badly to stab Stuart Moreau the MAA.

He was explosively screaming his threats in a rage and was put in lock down. The only thing you can do on a ship is lock down someone intending to kill others. It is for protection of others. LRH devised the Introspection Rundown and ran Bruce Welch on the procedures and Welch returned to Sanity.

There was no chloral hydrate and no drugs. Bruce flipped right back to sanity with the 1st version of this rundown.

IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN EXPORTED AS A LAND BASE HANDLING FOR $$$$$$.
It was ship REMEDY for an emergency.

The Introspection Rundown is not for free, it is billed. $$$$$$$ !!!!!!!!

The person locked up has to pay. What other Religion makes you pay for locking you up?
What other religion even locks you up ?

I was struck with the fact that Lisa had a $20,000 “L-11? A series of procedures done in confessional format~~~3 weeks prior to her mental breakdown.

I studied on line accounts, subpoened records, her “baby watch” records and the Interviews by the Florida State attorneys ~~ the internet is a plethora of information.

Much of Lisa’s insane babble is right out of a misrun contorted L-11.
Church of Scientology service for which she paid $20,000 !!!!!

The giving off of Sins and Transgressions (confessing/confessional) is common in many religions. In Radical, Taliban Scientology, Miscavige has taken it to whole new level. Sea Org, Staff and Public alike are ordered to write up their CRIMES (overts, transgressions) for hours and hours a day for weeks, if not months.

And so it was with Lisa Mcpherson. After a messed up L-11, Lisa was ordered to “write up” her Crimes in O/W write up. In the 1970s and 1980s this was an action that took a few hours. In the Church of Miscavology this can go on with weeks, if not months, you write and write and write and dig “deeper” to find more CRIMES.

See this, it is appalling
Lisa's Final O/W Writeup

click here ~~
http://www.lisafiles.com/scn/ethics/ow/6027.html

You will find pages and pages of Lisa trying to extract CRIMES out of the depths of her soul. It is shocking. She writes and writes and writes and is told to find more CRIMES

Lisa Mcpherson was made to write up Overts, Witholds, Crimes under direct supervision of Miscavige in collusion with her senior Bennetta Slaughter.

benetta_home.jpg

These actions were enforced on her, making her introvert, making her have excessive feelings of guilt and evil and this was done unbeknownst to the Prosecutors and Clearwater PD who do not understand that spiritual distress occurs prior to a mental breakdown.

These actions to drive her insane were fully instigated by the "Church of Scientology" and David Miscavige and they have blood on their hands that will never wash off.

RIP LISA

lisa11-big.jpg

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Who implants ideas like the one below in a persons head

that an MisUnderstood word causes someone to leave?

Hubbard wrote it..

1) I had an MU on post and never cleared it up and blew.

I BLEW FROM POST AND DIDN'T HANDLE AN MU I HAD

2. When I first joined staff at CC Dallas (was a mission then) in...

Respons-liability..guilt trip..

Lisa was victimized by Hubbards irresponsible writings.

She agreed to it & took the blame upon herself..

The org was the victim in her eyes..

Hubbard has stated time and time again, Psychotics are not processed..they are a response-liability..

Miscavige is reciting tradition.

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
Karen,

come on, what you wrote about the Introspection rundown is wishful thinking. Hubbard declared this rundown to be the process that made psychiatry oblivious, therefore he considered it to be a form of therapy, not an emergency procedure. Hubbard also wrote that people being PTS Type 3 sometimes can't be kept alive during the process. Therefore L. Ron Hubbard is responsible for Lisa's death.

Had he been able to admit that his "incredible breakthrough" might not be miraculous and workable 100% of the time, he might have written that people showing no improvement after a certain period of time should be given medical treatment elsewhere. But he couldn't do that, could he? HIs ego was always more important than human lives.

lurkanon

Patron with Honors
I was struck with the fact that Lisa had a $20,000 “L-11? A series of procedures done in confessional format~~~3 weeks prior to her mental breakdown.

I studied on line accounts, subpoened records, her “baby watch” records and the Interviews by the Florida State attorneys ~~ the internet is a plethora of information.

Much of Lisa’s insane babble is right out of a misrun contorted L-11.
Church of Scientology service for which she paid $20,000 !!!!!

The giving off of Sins and Transgressions (confessing/confessional) is common in many religions. In Radical, Taliban Scientology, Miscavige has taken it to whole new level. Sea Org, Staff and Public alike are ordered to write up their CRIMES (overts, transgressions) for hours and hours a day for weeks, if not months.

And so it was with Lisa Mcpherson. After a messed up L-11, Lisa was ordered to “write up” her Crimes in O/W write up. In the 1970s and 1980s this was an action that took a few hours. In the Church of Miscavology this can go on with weeks, if not months, you write and write and write and dig “deeper” to find more CRIMES.

See this, it is appalling
Lisa's Final O/W Writeup

click here ~~
http://www.lisafiles.com/scn/ethics/ow/6027.html

You will find pages and pages of Lisa trying to extract CRIMES out of the depths of her soul. It is shocking. She writes and writes and writes and is told to find more CRIMES

Lisa Mcpherson was made to write up Overts, Witholds, Crimes under direct supervision of Miscavige in collusion with her senior Bennetta Slaughter.

benetta_home.jpg

These actions were enforced on her, making her introvert, making her have excessive feelings of guilt and evil and this was done unbeknownst to the Prosecutors and Clearwater PD who do not understand that spiritual distress occurs prior to a mental breakdown.

These actions to drive her insane were fully instigated by the "Church of Scientology" and David Miscavige and they have blood on their hands that will never wash off.

RIP LISA

lisa11-big.jpg

You are so, so, SO close to the full truth on this one, Karen. You are looking in EXACTLY the right place. The full truth of the horror of this one will, one day, out, but you are almost there, and you have expertly shone the light exactly where it needs to be shone.

THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart.

Two further clues:

1. Bennetta Slaughter is an OT8, Upstat and in Good Standing with the Church.

2. What might Lisa have known about her employer, Bennetta Slaughter?

Last edited:

FoTi

Crusader
The CoS is one big Service Fac......making itself right and others wrong......LRH's dramatization.......now being played out by DM.......inflicting it on all who are involved in Scientology and any who dare to criticize the CoS. :grouch: :angry:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN EXPORTED AS A LAND BASE HANDLING FOR $$$$$$.
It was ship REMEDY for an emergency.

Are you sure about that? The Introspection Rundown is covered in HCO BULLETIN OF 23 JANUARY 1974 - there is nothing in that document about the procedure being purely a "ship remedy" and only for use in emergencies. In fact, in that HCOB, L Ron Hubbard claims that his "discovery" of the procedure ". . . MEANS THE LAST REASON TO HAVE PSYCHIATRY AROUND IS GONE . . ." (caps in original) He goes on to describe the Rundown as " . . . very simple and its results are magical in effectiveness . . . " Of course, there is no data anywhere to support any of those statements or, indeed, the effectiveness of the Rundown.

I did read that Bruce was offloaded very soon after his experiences at the hands of L Ron Hubbard on the Apollo. Do you have any DOX on what ever happened to Bruce Welch? It seems highly unlikely that he would have fully recovered from such an abhorrent (and illegal) experiment.

Veda

Sponsor
Here are some excerpts from the 1976 edition of the 'Red Volumes'. It's an HCOB from January 1974. Incidentally, it was also around this time that Hubbard made his discoveries regarding rock slams, and also instituted the RPF and the RPF's RPF, with the Children's RPF soon to follow.

THE TECHNICAL BREAKTHROUGH OF 1973!
THE INTROSPECTION RD​

I have made a technical breakthrough which possibly ranks with the major discoveries of the twentieth century. It is certainly the greatest achievement of 1973 and is now being released after a final write-up of the research. It is called the Introspection Rundown.

In 1970 the actual cause of PSYCHOSIS was isolated... In the ensuing years this has been proven beyond doubt to be correct.

But what is a psychotic break?

Man has never been able to solve the psychotic break. In fact, human beings are actually afraid of a person in a psychotic break and in desperation turn to psychiatry to handle.

[And here Hubbard goes on about psychiatry, ice picks, electric shocks, etc., then...]

THIS MEANS THE LAST REASON TO HAVE PSYCHIATRY AROUND IS GONE.

[Then there are the steps of the RD, and the HCOB ends with...]

THIS PLANET IS OURS.

[Then there's the HCOB of February 1974, titled...]

INTROSPECTION RD
ADDITIONAL STEPS​

ISOLATION​

In a person in a psychotic break, it is necessary to isolate them for them to destimulate and to protect them and others from possible damage...

There comes a point where the C/S must decide to release the person from isolation. To do this the C/S must know if the person can take responsibility for his actions...

The C/S's action is a direct comm line to the person by notes. The person is provided with paper and pen to reply. The C/S must determine the person's responsibility level. Example: "Dear Joe. What can you guarantee me if you are let out of isolation?"... "Dear Joe. I'm sorry but no go on coming out of isolation yet. Your actions threatened the survival of hundreds of people indirectly and 6 families directly by burning down their houses. You are unaware of the effects this could have had and still only concerned about your own welfare. You must hate the human race quite a bit."

[This eventually leads to the cognition...]

"But, but, I never meant to threaten others' survival. I just wanted to burn down their houses because I like fires. Gosh, I didn't mean it. I don't hate the human race. Oh, I really don't hate the human race."

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
I do not wish to cause offence to any Scientologist or Ex but I read the article by the Class XII on the subject of Lisa's botched L-11 and subsequent mistreatment and came up with the firm conviction that the lunatics were running the asylum.

:yes:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I concur its a madhouse, just as RLH visioned, they have the planet now..

planet implant & hysteria

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Karen#1 said:
This was because Bruce Welch had a mental breakdown and threatened to grab a carving knife from the Galley of the ship and stab LRH 133x. He also wanted badly to stab Stuart Moreau the MAA.

What did LRH do to almost become victimized?

Bait Bruce into caving in.. anyone know...?

made me recall Jesse when he almost mowed down miscavige and starkey with an assault rifle..

I do not wish to cause offence to any Scientologist or Ex but I read the article by the Class XII on the subject of Lisa's botched L-11 and subsequent mistreatment and came up with the firm conviction that the lunatics were running the asylum.

:yes:

Yes. The lunatic Hubbastard should have been kept in permanent isolation himself for the good of everyone.

Gadfly

Crusader
Here are some excerpts from the 1976 edition of the 'Red Volumes'. It's an HCOB from January 1974. Incidentally, it was also around this time that Hubbard made his discoveries regarding rock slams, and also instituted the RPF and the RPF's RPF, with the Children's RPF soon to follow.

THE TECHNICAL BREAKTHROUGH OF 1973!
THE INTROSPECTION RD​

I have made a technical breakthrough which possibly ranks with the major discoveries of the twentieth century.

:hysterical:

"major discovery of the twentieth century"?

Hubbard was such a self-absorbed ego-centric buffoon who had severe notions of horrendously exaggerated self-importance.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Stage One: ISOLATION.

Yep. Isolation of Scientology from any embarrassing fuck ups.

Good twin

Floater
I was put on the IR in 1976 by a respected Class 8 auditor in a mission. How old was Davey that year? :confused2:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Karen1 said:

Though I understand what you're saying in your most excellent post, this little bit, hm, should be clarified imho, that '...spiritual distress occurs prior to a mental breakdown.'
This is not your everyday life 'being stressed out', this is stress that was designed intentionally by the big fat windbag Lron and applied correctly by his minions, to suck every last dime (which they succeeded in doing) from a 'parishioner' through guilt, coersion, and brow-beating 'tech'. To me, the correct way of putting that would be '...the prosecutors and CW PD did not understand the depth of distress applied through KSW by the 'church' prior to HER mental breakdown.'
Point in fact, she died penniless. Point in fact, its happened a few times, another similar one at Fort Hellisron was the young guy who flung himself off the roof clutching his last few dollars~ Why Are They Dead?
The cult pillaged the loot, and whilst doing so drove the people mad~and to ultimate destruction (death), hey, what better way to carry on the long con! Its the survivors who have left that have the cult crapping now, because the word is getting out~ This creation of Hubbard's is fucking poison.

Fuck you dead Lron and the retarted horse you rode on :grouch::grouch::grouch: