What's new

Media Alert: Slater & gordon Investigates Class Action over Scientology Wages Claim

TEoS

Patron with Honors
Re: Media Alert: Slater & gordon Investigates Class Action over Scientology Wages Cla

AUSTRALIA: Showing the world's governments how not to be a brow-beaten pussy.

FoTi

Crusader
Re: Media Alert: Slater & gordon Investigates Class Action over Scientology Wages Cla

I wonder how many will leave when they find out that they can collect back pay? Look at that.....they will be rewarded as upstats for leaving. :lol: .....or is it getting paid for being downstat for leaving? :unsure: :confused2:

I guess it depends on one's point of view and who's viewing it.

TG1

Angelic Poster

To FoTi's point, I wonder if Slater & Gordon will be allowed to publicize their lawsuit to all current Church staff, as reasonable notice to all potential plaintiffs?

Certainly, if the case is settled or tried in favor of the plaintiffs, S&G (and/or the court) would certainly allow all current Church staff to be notified of the lawsuit and its outcome -- it would be inserted into the verdict / settlement agreement.

I just wonder if that could occur before there are hearings, settlement negotiations and/or a trial?

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron

OMG,OMG,OMG — as they say in America. Talk about steam rollers and demolition experts. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Petey C

Surely it's not just the backpay that the 'Church' will owe the victims who served (and still serve) on staff in Australia, but there will also be taxes or National Insurance to pay?

Employers have to pay employees their salaries less deductions for income tax and retirement scheme. They have to pay these deductions to the government together with other costs such as a percentage of the salary to cover workers insurance and payroll tax. As the Slater & Gordon lawyer chappie said, employees may also be eligible to have their leave paid out if it's not taken, etc. So yes, it will be the backpay owed plus a percentage to various branches of govt.

supafreak

Patron Meritorious

This is so. Much. Win. I can't say it enough.

mortal-kombat-finish-him.jpg

Outethicsofficer

Just to tease a little, the FWO findings once fully implemented have deeper implications for the C of S here in Australia, they would have to meet the same obligations other employers meet here in Australia, superannuation, holiday pay with leave loading, sick pay, long service leave entitlements and overtime at penalty rates to say nothing of having to oblige employees when they are due time off by so granting it without fuss and without having to find a 'replacement', just to name a few points.

In short if you want to be an employee of the C of S and help clear the planet and be as happy as a clam doing so, you will be well remunerated for it.

James

PTSPal

Patron with Honors

:unsure:Just a thought...How many ex Scio's in Australia that could take part in this? Is it enough to make a difference? what would happen if the Sio's went after them? :thumbsup:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
what happens ?

:unsure:Just a thought...How many ex Scio's in Australia that could take part in this? Is it enough to make a difference? what would happen if the Sio's went after them? :thumbsup:

The Federal Police get involved, that what happens !
We are talking about 1000's of former members from Qld, NSW & Vic making compensation claims. For many it adds up to 100's of hours per week, so Slater & Gordon will be looking to claim Millions of dollars for EACH person. Get a clue !!!

TG1

Angelic Poster
Arithmetic

1,000 ex-staffers X $20/hour X 60 hours/week X 52 weeks/year X 5 years = $312,000,000.

Again, that’s 312 million fucking dollars.

apocalyptic

Patron with Honors
Re: Arithmetic

1,000 ex-staffers X $20/hour X 60 hours/week X 52 weeks/year X 5 years = $312,000,000.

Again, that’s 312 million fucking dollars.

Which is probably equal to one weeks (or one months) standard pay for Davey.

If history is any indication, DM will most likely 'loudly and with great fanfare' parade a stack of affidavits sworn to and signed by every current 'scientology volunteer' swearing that they never (in a billion years) expected to be paid.

Futile? Yes. Footbulletry? Yes. Fabulous? Yes.

Apocalyptic

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious

I think the Senator just accidentally a whole word. A whole word!

(This concludes Freeminds' somewhat embarrassing attempt to show understanding of how to employ Anonymous' memes.)

Wasn't too bad, though you usually would have a "the" after accidentally. On other hand...fuck it, it's not like there is a meme police or sumthin. :biggrin:

namaste

Many, many thanks and congratulations to the awesome Australians who have made this all happen.

:hattip:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you, and a huge acknowledgement to Liz Anderson, James, Cherished, Emma, Feral, Scooter, and all the other Aussies Panda and Lohan come to mind, but really all Aussies, not to mention Senator Xenophon ~~ a hero ~~

What you are doing is a MILESTONE.​

++++++++++++

I wanted to chip in on what the "CHURCH" does when it is threatened or its Money $$$$$ is threatened. It goes into a wild animal reaction and dramatizes FAIR Game. Law Firm after Law firm have experienced ominous deeds. I predict that the very first thing they will try to do is attempt to infiltrate Slater and Gordon if they possibly can. A new secretary, a new para legal that works overtime and LOVES the job. I am sure that Slater and Gordon are extremely knowledgeable and have a very good estimate and prediction of what to expect.....

Here is a small small sample of dirty tricks on Lawyers....
1)
Declaration of Joseph A. Yanny

JoeYannylawyer.jpg

I, JOSEPH A. YANNY, having personal knowledge of the following hereby declare and state that :

1. I am an attorney at law, duly admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the Supreme Courts of the States of California and Illinois, and numerous other federal courts and administrative agencies. This is the tenth year of my admission to practice law. I am the sole shareholder of the entity known as Joseph A. Yanny, a Professional Corporation, which does business as Herzig and Yanny.

2. I have from time to time, represented the Plaintiffs herein (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Cult") over the course of several years. My Corporation and I are Defendants herein, along with several of my associates. The Cult asks for equity, but their hands are unclean.

3. One of the basic beliefs of the Cult is the much written about "FAIR GAME" policy which states that an "ENEMY" of Scientology:

May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sue or lied to or destroyed.

Read more ~~
http://www.lermanet.com/cos/yanny.html

2)
Barry Van Sickle the lawyer for Wollersheim litigation and more recently Marc and Claire Headley was the recipient of Dirty tricks and fair game that even endangered his life. Such as his car tampered with that only became evident on the freeway, tires that had air let out etc etc etc

3)In 1980, a Church detective investigated the sex life of U.S. District Judge James Richey, Church Private Investigator Richard Bast targeted United States District Judge and set him up with a prostitute and then "leaked" it to Jack Anderson of the Los Angeles Times

www.lermanet.com/latimes/la90-6a.html

4) Graham Berry has been bankrupted with an intention to destroy his very existence for some 20 years. I have recently formed a friendship with Graham and we will jointly be revealing something I did ...in due course.
Here is Graham talkung about Scientology ABUSES

GrahamBerry.jpg

Slater and Gordon ~~ GODSPEED and May the Force be with you !

Purple Rain

Crusader

This is awesome!!

Do we have 1,000 ex-staff? Does anyone know how many we have?

Also, is anything being done to try and change the statute of limitations. It just seems unfair, somehow.

Thank you, and a huge acknowledgement to Liz Anderson, James, Cherished, Emma, Feral, Scooter, and all the other Aussies Panda and Lohan come to mind, but really all Aussies, not to mention Senator Xenophon ~~ a hero ~~

What you are doing is a MILESTONE.​

++++++++++++

I wanted to chip in on what the "CHURCH" does when it is threatened or its Money $$$$$ is threatened. It goes into a wild animal reaction and dramatizes FAIR Game. Law Firm after Law firm have experienced ominous deeds. I predict that the very first thing they will try to do is attempt to infiltrate Slater and Gordon if they possibly can. A new secretary, a new para legal that works overtime and LOVES the job. I am sure that Slater and Gordon are extremely knowledgeable and have a very good estimate and prediction of what to expect.....

Here is a small small sample of dirty tricks on Lawyers....
1)
Declaration of Joseph A. Yanny

JoeYannylawyer.jpg

I, JOSEPH A. YANNY, having personal knowledge of the following hereby declare and state that :

1. I am an attorney at law, duly admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the Supreme Courts of the States of California and Illinois, and numerous other federal courts and administrative agencies. This is the tenth year of my admission to practice law. I am the sole shareholder of the entity known as Joseph A. Yanny, a Professional Corporation, which does business as Herzig and Yanny.

2. I have from time to time, represented the Plaintiffs herein (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Cult") over the course of several years. My Corporation and I are Defendants herein, along with several of my associates. The Cult asks for equity, but their hands are unclean.

3. One of the basic beliefs of the Cult is the much written about "FAIR GAME" policy which states that an "ENEMY" of Scientology:

May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sue or lied to or destroyed.

Read more ~~
http://www.lermanet.com/cos/yanny.html

2)
Barry Van Sickle the lawyer for Wollersheim litigation and more recently Marc and Claire Headley was the recipient of Dirty tricks and fair game that even endangered his life. Such as his car tampered with that only became evident on the freeway, tires that had air let out etc etc etc

3)In 1980, a Church detective investigated the sex life of U.S. District Judge James Richey, Church Private Investigator Richard Bast targeted United States District Judge and set him up with a prostitute and then "leaked" it to Jack Anderson of the Los Angeles Times

www.lermanet.com/latimes/la90-6a.html

4) Graham Berry has been bankrupted with an intention to destroy his very existence for some 20 years. I have recently formed a friendship with Graham and we will jointly be revealing something I did ...in due course.
Here is Graham talkung about Scientology ABUSES

GrahamBerry.jpg

Slater and Gordon ~~ GODSPEED and May the Force be with you !

Karen, could you clarify who "I" refers to in paragrah 4 above. I assume it's you but my brain is playing tricks with the formatting.