What's new

Village Voice Contest - Create Your Own Top 25 List - Win Prizes!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
From the Village Voice earlier today:
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/readers_poll_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

You've watched us reveal all but the top five entries in our big countdown, The Top 25 People Crippling Scientology -- now it's your turn to vote for your own list!
Here's the link you've been waiting for
http://polls.villagevoice.com/polls/nyv/scientology-readerspoll/
-- now go and tell us who you think is doing the most to contribute to the Church of Scientology's current nosedive.

Here's how to enter and qualify for fabulous prizes...

Go to the poll page, and in the first two slots enter your name and e-mail address so we can contact you if you win something: we're going to randomly choose five people to receive signed copies of both Janet Reitman's book Inside Scientology and Hugh Urban's The Church of Scientology!

After you've entered your information, put a different name in each of the 25 open slots. We will only count ballots that are completely filled out and contain 25 different names.

After you vote, come back here and tell us who you voted for in the comments -- and why -- so you can sway your fellow voters! Yes, we like our electioneering rollicking and raucous here at Runnin' Scared!

Need some help? Here are names that have come up in our articles and countdown items, placed in alphabetical order:

Larry Anderson, Sharron Angle, Anonymous, Gerry Armstrong, Nanette Asimov, Jon Atack, Lee Baca, Nathan Baca, Chuck Beatty, Jason Beghe, Richard Behar, Graham Berry, Bob Bingham, Maureen Bolstad, Sonny Bono, Larry Brennan, Mark Bunker, Ursula Caberta, Ida Camburn, Gabe Cazares, John Carmichael, Tory Christman, Bill Clinton, Stephen Colbert, John Cook, Paulette Cooper, Bent Corydon, Tom Cruise, Ken Dandar, Tommy Davis, Laura DeCrescenzo, Karen De La Carriere, Tom De Vocht, Jamie De Wolf, Ron De Wolf, Anna and Dean Detheridge, Jan Eastgate, Mark Ebner, Jenna Elfman, "Emma," Dennis Erlich, Michael Fairman, Jessica Feshbach, Steve Fishman, Michael Flynn, Roger Friedman, Will Fry, Dan Garvin, David Gerard, Scott Goehring, Ford Greene, Paul Haggis, Scarlett Hanna, Pat Harney, Joe Harrington, Tilman Hausherr, Jefferson Hawkins, Marc and Claire Headley, Andreas Heldal-Lund, Keith Henson, L. Ron Hubbard, Eugene Ingram, Jeff Jacobsen, Jonny Jacobsen, Rod Keller, Stephen Kent, Helena Kobrin, Richard Leiby, Dan Leipold, Arnie Lerma, David Love, David Lubow, Kevin Mackey, Bill Maher, Brian Mandigo, Nancy Many, Lisa McPherson, Russel Miller, Bob Minton, David Miscavige, Denise Miscavige-Covington-Licciardi-Gentile, Jenna Miscavige Hill, Modemac, Patty Moher, Kendrick Moxon, Ron Newman, Conan O'Brien, Frank Oliver, Chris Owen, Zenon Panoussis, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, Scott Pilutik, Karin Pouw, Kelly Preston, Jesse Prince, Marty Rathbun, Janet Reitman, Mike Rinder, Rick Ross, Joel Sappell and Robert Welkos, Aaron Saxton, Kevin Schofield, Amy Scobee, Bryan Seymour, Bennetta Slaughter, Randy Sly, Karin Spaink, The Squirrel Busters, Jeff Stone, Howard Stern, John Sweeney, David Touretzky, John Travolta, Carmel and Tim Underwood, Hugh Urban, Barry Van Sickle, Greta Van Susteren, Robert Vaughn Young, Kristi Wachter, Margery Wakefield, Grady Ward, Larry Wollersheim, Astra Woodcraft, Lawrence Wright, Nick Xenophon, Xenu, Xenubarb, Monique Yingling

Feel free to shout about other people in the comments to drum up support for them. I mean, why not?

We'll be taking ballots for exactly one week. On Monday, September 26, we'll cut off voting at noon. On Wednesday, September 28, we'll reveal our #2 pick at 9 am and our #1 pick at 11 am. And if all goes according to plan, we'll then announce the results of the readers poll at 1 pm. Now, get to voting!

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Any ideas on how to create your own list without giving your full name & e-mail address? :nervous:

Hey Tony - how about letting us use our sig from ESMB?

Just asking!

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
#1 The Internet - The Internet is the Liberty tree.

#2 Anonymous - who have gathered under the Liberty Tree now called The Internet.

#3 L Ron Hubbard - The Worlds Greatest LIAR, who should have been hit by that Freight Train on Venus

tom-miscavige-love.jpg

#4 David Miscavige - AKA "The Asthmatic Dwarf" when he was first in the CMO. AND Tom Cruise, whom added together would be seen in a crowd. Re Tom Cruise

tom-cruise-bobble-head.jpg

"His whole behavior is so shocking. It's inappropriate and vulgar and absolutely unacceptable to use your private life to sell anything commercially, but I think it's kind of a sickness."
Lauren Bacall

#5 Ida Camburn , whose nickname was "wasmon" because she lost her son to Scientology's disconnection...who was my mentor who had a little sign that said "Never Give Up" lermanet.com/idacamburn/

#6 Mr Gerry Armstrong whose documents from Hubbard's private writings made everything else possible.

#7 Henry and Henrietta Crampton (Founded the CFF, Citizens Freedom Foundation which Ida joined, which evolved into CAN, which Scientology eventually took over).. both Henry and Henrietta Crampton died of a fast acting stomach cancer. The odds of one person dying of this type of stomach cancer is 1 in 5000, the odds of two people, unrelated, and at the same time, within 1 year) together is 1 in 5000 x 5000... CFF was the first anti cult group. Asbestos is tasteless, and causes this cancer if eaten. Scientology's Scientologist Attorney Earl C Cooley represented Johns Mandville Asbestos Corp against personal injury lawsuits for years.

#8 Robert Minton, crusader, savior, angel and distinctly compassionate human being, whom I believe holds the record for total number of hours under oath being deposed or cross examined by scientology, and the record for cash thrown at the scientology problem.

#9 FACTNet - Lawrence Wollershiem, Bob Penny and myself as Treasurer. FACTNet gathered and scanned the earliest court records.

#10 EFF - Electronic Freedom Foundation - Mr Mike Godwin and Ms Shari Steele

#11 USDJ Leonie Brinkema - for two things: Her memorandum Opinion in RTC vs lerma: " Founded by L. Ron Hubbard, the Scientology religion attempts to explain the origin of negative spiritual forces in the world and advances techniques for improving one's own spiritual well-being. Scientologists believe that most human problems can be traced to lingering spirits of an extraterrestrial people massacred by their ruler, Xenu, over 75 million years ago. These spirits attach themselves by "clusters" to individuals in the contemporary world, causing spiritual harm and negatively influencing the lives of their hosts " and for awarding RTC ZERO attorneys costs against this activist.

#12 Richard Leiby - when the criminal trial of US vs MSH occurred no one at the Clearwater SUN wanted to cover the story...due to the inevitable harassment. So the editor gave the job to the new kid who has just started..see Lermanet.com/leiby.htm

#13 Bent Corydon - ex-member and author of Messiah or Madman and Jon Atack - A Piece of Blue Sky

#14 Paulette Cooper - Author scandal of Scientology - I asked Paulette during a visit to her island retreat, "Why did you decide to write The Scandal of Scientology? She said "Arnie, I grew up in an orphanage, where I was so cold I would pee on myself to feel the warmth" Arnie, "why did you grow up in an orphanage?" ....she continued.. "because my parents died in Auschwitz, and I recognized in scientology the same countenance that killed my parents"

#15 Russian President Vladimir Putin, FSB - the Federal Security Service, and The Russian Orthodox Church

#16 Dave Touretsky after xenu appeared on the net, the document was on 200+ websites (August 1995) his site was the last site to take the full version down. AND Dr Stephen Kent of the University of Alberta

#17 Jeff Filburt - ex member, filed a copyright for the 1978 OT levels 1 month before RTC filed theirs, published it together with most Scientology technical materials as a compilation called Excalibur Revisited. Told me he believed Scn had "dusted his mothers house with cyanide" after failing to get the physical letter from Hubbard giving scientology "technology" to him.

#18 The Frededrich Ebert Stiftung Foundation.. who arranged for me to discuss the scientology problem face to face with Rennate Rennenbach, Angela Merkel and other then German political party leaders.

#19 Roger Gonnett, ex member and French Activist, Maria Pia Gardini, ex member and Italian activist, Tony Bosnakoudis in Greece, Jeff Jacobsen in USA, Andreas in Norway, Brigitta Dagnall in Sweden, Malcolm Nothling in South Africa...

#20 The man who ran the French Government's Interministerial department, who listened for hours asking the best questions I had ever been asked..

#21 Gabe Cazares, ex mayor of Clearwater, activist and his wife who later helped Tom Padgett in Kentucky. Tom was incarcerated by a Judge Boteler for non payment of child support during custody battle with scientologist ex-wife, while being over Eleven thousand dollars OVER paid!

#22 Ron Hubbard's Son: L Ron Hubbard Jr, AKA Ron DeWolfe, AKA Nibs Hubbard and Suzette Hubbard who is responsible for the incident that got me out of The Sea Org.

#23 Detective Sargent Tom Miller CWPD retired, Detective Sargent Ray Emmons CWPD, retired FDLE Florida Department of Law Enforcement Special Agent Lee Strope

#24 "The Fat Man"

#25 Andre Tabayoyan, Rod Keller, Emma AND so many others who have been mentioned already.

All the new, powerful, gifted, articulate voices exposing scientology exist, including Anonymous because of those few who dared stand up before including those guys who walked into AODK in Sea org Uniforms and got the OT Levels.

And my mother, an ex member whose last words to me about scientology were "get some money out of those bastards while they still have some". She was found dead sitting on her bed, two weeks after I did an interview on Oreilly.

and a special mention to the funniest poster I recall, "Stickwork" Thanks for making us laugh during those dark days.

And a memo to all, you do not want to be #1 on this list. Trust me, or ask Gerry, or Paulette Cooper because you can not ask Mr Robert Minton, because "he's dead Jim"

Warmest Regards
Arnie Lerma
past sig lines:
I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speake
The internet is the Liberty tree
If the ferengi were assimilated by the borg you'd get scientology.
The only things that work in Scientology are its lawyers
secrets are the mortar binding bricks as lies together into prisons for the mind

-----------

"Imagination is the highest kite that one can fly." Lauren Bacall
-----------
Context is everything

Last edited:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I gave some thought to "the list" and there are some very deserving people on that list... and a few I'd like to see on the list that aren't....

But all that said, I'm glad to see the "church" being crippled - and, to me, that is the big deal.

Lots of X's, lots of authors, TV people, anons, and many others contributed to the crippling.

Now let's all help finish off that criminal organization and spare all mankind from it !

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
I forgot a VIP
Charles Manson

"There was an E-meter at the Spahn Ranch" quote from the opening paragraph of the 'forward' written by PAUL KRASSNER, Editor of the REALIST, of book III of Peter Lavenda's "Sinister Forces" series, A Grimoire of American Political Witchcraft" "The Manson Secret".

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Oh
I just realize I forgot a VIP too
Tom cruise :duh:
He looks like Charles Manson here

[video]http://youtu.be/Ro9Y1KiXZMo[/video]

What a waist for OSA - better and most effective than stupids Squirrel busters

Thank's Arnie for the comments on your list - Did not know some of these people. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
#17 Jeff Filburt - ex member, filed a copyright for the 1978 OT levels 1 month before RTC filed theirs, published it together with most Scientology technical materials as a compilation called Excalibur Revisited. Told me he believed Scn had "dusted his mothers house with cyanide" after failing to get the physical letter from Hubbard giving scientology "technology" to him.

good info cheers Arnie.

Its all about the money.