What's new

Lori Hodgson's Son in Hospital; Disconnected Family Refuses Contact or Information

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Re: Lori Hodgson's Son in Hospital; Disconnected Family Refuses Contact or Informatio

Thanks for sharing this with us. Scientology remains as evil as it is stupid.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Re: Lori Hodgson's Son in Hospital; Disconnected Family Refuses Contact or Informatio

Jebus H Cripes *shakes head*, no disconnection Mr. Davis? You lying sack of cow-plop. :grouch:

VV~TO said:
Their eternities as trillion-years-old "thetan" souls are at stake, apparently, if they can't keep a worried mother from her seriously injured son. Such is the way Scientologists perceive their place in the cosmos.

:duh:

Breaking at the Village Voice. This is absolutely disgusting.

Not copy-pasting so that Ortega can get the page views.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/scientology_disconnection_lori_hodgson.php

I read the article, and it is really one sided.

If a TV crew was to be sent to do a 2 minute story on this, who would they contact for a balanced report?

It's too bad Bob McKenzie of Channel 2 died. This would be a story he'd do.

What about KCBS or KLIV, is this a story for radio too?

Anne's kid, Tommy, says there is no disconnection.

Should Tommy be contacted? Mark Warlick? someone on Lundy Road?

Who should give the Co$ side?

names and contact info please

Sindy

Crusader

If a TV crew was to be sent to do a 2 minute story on this, who would they contact for a balanced report?

Ya know. You're right, they do need to answer up on this NOW. This should be illegal.

Last edited:

Smilla

Ordinary Human

Another example of what Scientology is really about. Whatever 'gains' people think they've had are not worth this kind of heartbreak. Scientology is evil and antisocial.

Sindy

Crusader

Another example of what Scientology is really about. Whatever 'gains' people think they've had are not worth this kind of heartbreak. Scientology is evil and antisocial.

Right and since the family has so successfully kept Lori, the evil SP, away from her own children, who then was this boy "PTS" to? :melodramatic: The insanity never stops.

FoTi

Crusader

The press and TV should both be following this story. Do they even know about it?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

More heartbreaking, scientology-inspired madness.
I pray that this stupidity ends soon.
Love and best wishes to you, Lori and Jeremy.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified

Comment heavy because Thursday is coming and this is hurting stats!

The truth about disconnection has to hit home.

God bless their family against SCN.

pomfritz

Patron with Honors

The cult would just say its the persons choice.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Sorry I've got to paste in some of this... it is so disgusting....Lori wrote about it yesterday on Facebook and it's heartbreaking.
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/scientology_disconnection_lori_hodgson.php

<snip>
This is a moving story, and we expect to add updates to this post later. At this moment, about 8:00 am in California, Lori Hodgson is on her way to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in San Jose as her son Jeremy Leake prepares to undergo surgery for fractures to his femur and collarbone, which he sustained in a motorcycle accident yesterday.

When she gets there, she expects that she will not be allowed to see her son, and may be prevented from even hearing about his condition.

Why? Well, as we reported earlier, Hodgson is a former Scientologist, but her son, daughter, and ex-husband are all still active members of the church, and have followed Scientology policy by "disconnecting" from her -- and they are actively trying to keep her from knowing what is happening as her son is treated for serious injuries.

<snip>
However, Jeremy Leake has a propensity for wiping out on his motorcycle.

Two or three years ago, he took a bad fall at a track on a dirt bike, and Hodgson says that her son's blood pressure was so low, he was helicoptered to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, where he recovered. And last year, she says, he broke a bone in his hand from another fall.

This time, while racing on a track that featured motocross-style double and triple jumps, he didn't clear a jump properly, tumbled, and was hit by his own motorcycle, resulting in multiple fractures.

Hodgson was not called as her son, 18, was rushed to the hospital with serious injuries.

However, Leake had been riding with a friend, Alan, who called the mother of his child, Jenn Maynard, a cousin to Hodgson and the Leakes. Maynard posted a notice about the wreck at her Facebook page:

Moto Friends....please be careful!!! 2 Major bad accidents in 1 week is too much for me and this time hitting too close to home. Please say a prayer for my cousin in the ER right now! :(.....

While at dinner last evening, Hodgson says she checked her smartphone, including looking at her Facebook account, where she saw Maynard's posting. When she saw the reference to "cousin" she knew it had to be her son.

That was confirmed in a later comment Maynard made to the post:

jeremy took the triple as he always does, but landed short, turner said he flew, bike hit him twice. he tried to jump off bike but his feet got hooked on the bars. :(... Alan and Turner both said it was a really brutal site [sic]. Prayers he's ok!

Hodgson, remembering that her son had been taken to Santa Clara Valley Medical in the previous incident, called there first and was told that yes, Jeremy Leake was in the ER.

She then headed to the hospital.

What she didn't know was that her call to the ER had alerted Jeremy's sister, Jessica, and their father, Hodgson's ex-husband, Jim Leake.

While Hodgson was driving to the hospital, her phone received a voice mail, which she played back for the Voice. It was a frantic-sounding Jenn Maynard:

"Lori, please don't go to the hospital. They are freaking out on me right now. I told them, I did not contact you, but they are freaking out. They said they know that you're on the way, I guess? I don't know why you're not answering right now."

Hodgson says that Maynard told her that Jessica later texted her that her father, Jim Leake, was "furious" that Maynard had made the Facebook post so that Lori was able to find out that her son had sustained life-threatening injuries.

Maynard declined to speak with the Voice.

When Hodgson arrived at the hospital, she was told that she would not be able to see her son, and would not even be able to get any information on his condition.

When she asked if a nurse would ask Jeremy personally if he would see her, she was told "Your son does not want to see you."

"Can you at least give me his status?" Hodgson says she asked. "I was told, 'No, your son is 18, and by the privacy laws we're not allowed to give out any information.'

"So I went around the back of the ER, and a nurse came out. I told him what was happening, and I was crying," Hodgson said to me by telephone this morning. She explained to the nurse quickly about Scientology's policy of disconnection, and that she just wanted to know how badly her son was hurt. He told her that he couldn't do that, but if she wrote a note to her son, the nurse said he would take it to Jeremy.

"I told him that this is your mom, I'm here. I want to see you, and I love you very much. He took it to Jeremy, and his sister and dad weren't in the room at that point," she says. The nurse came back and told Hodgson that Jeremy had said to tell her that he was all right, but that he couldn't see anyone.

"I was relieved, because I knew that he was OK," she says.

After a night of little sleep, Hodgson is heading back to the hospital today with her mother and father. Jeremy is scheduled for surgery today, she says, and nothing is going to keep her from being there. <snip>

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

There's an update on Facebook but I am not sure about copying it over.

Jeremy had successful surgery and Lori got to see both her children briefly and tell them she loved them.

Personally I think this is because of the outcry about it - the more these things are known the better.

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron

I also posted that yesterday on my blog with pictures and all as well as an update with the most incredible news on what has happened next.

And gave it my personal touch.

http://aidathomas.wordpress.com/2011/10/19/scientology-disconnection-son-has-a-serious-accident/

I am preparing another article on the same subject that should be released by my editor tonight.

Those people inside the Church are destroying families and don't care because they don't have any themselves. Animals!

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

This is why ....:angry:

This has got to be stopped - it's a violation of basic decency as well as Lori's Human Rights.:grouch:

FUCK YOU, OSA

AND THE SHITTY CULT YOU RIDE IN

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh my gosh, that poor woman. Best to the son, and to Lori. :sorry:

:no: Un-f'g-believable :nono: :furious:

Scnos/co$ can suck eggs. :scnsucks:

UN- F'g - BELIEVABLE . . . :screwy:

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron

Lori, I am so sorry that this is happening in your family.
I have the same situation ( disconnection) in my own family. My Daughter disconnected. She is now in her mid 50s. What's a Mother to do?

I cry for us both. And for them.

challenge

Gadfly

Crusader

The cult would just say its the persons choice.

Yes, it IS a personal choice.

Just as it would be a personal choice if a man were standing with a gun against your child's head, and said, "give me all of your money or I will pull the trigger". Of course, you will hand over the money to save your child's life, and while it IS A CHOICE, it is a pretty "heavily enforced" choice and has little "wiggle room".

The same is true in Scientology. The choice is based on THIS outcome. Either disconnect from this person or YOU will also be 1) summarily declared and then 2) forcibly disconnected from all YOUR friends and relatives. Also, once you are declared you will 3) LOSE your "chance at eternal freedom".

One must accept the absurd notion that Scientology can and does provide this "eternal freedom", but we ARE dealing with True Believers here. The normal card-carrying Scientologist BELIEVES that the Church of Scientology holds the ONLY valid path to this freedom, and thus a THREAT of taking this away causes them REAL PAIN and SUFFERING (granted this is largely in their imagination).

So, the notion that it is a "free choice" is absurd. The card-carrying Scientologist is FORCED into disconnection OR ELSE. Or else what?

1. Be declared yourself and then be disconnected from all your friends and family.

2. Lose your chance at "eternal freedom" (a thing most members consider VERY VALUABLE).

The "easy simple choice" is an illusion, in that it is not at all of the same degree of insignificance such as on deciding whether or not to go to a movie tonight. This "choice" of "disconnecting" or not involves SEVERE reprecussions, just like the guy holding the gun against your child's head and demanding your money.

Scientology will try to "spin" the act of disconnection as a "pesonal choice" that it does not "force on members", but the sad and sorry outcome is guaranteed if you "refuse" to make the "proper choice". This is just more of Scientology doing what it does so commonly - Scientology redefines and misrepresents things in an attempt to trick people into agreeing with it.

Just as it really isn't much of a "choice" whether to hand over your money to a thief holding a gun against your child's head, it also is not much of a "choice" when one "decides" to "willingly disconnect" from some person to avoid the always resultant 1) declare, 2) disconnection, and 3) lose "of the Bridge" for YOU if and when you choose otherwise.

Free choice, free personal decision? My ass.

Last edited:

pomfritz

Patron with Honors

I don't disagree at all. The acceptable truth is that the person is making the choice,... with a gun pointed at their head.

Yes, it IS a personal choice.

Just as it would be a personal choice if a man were standing with a gun against your child's head, and said, "give me all of your money or I will pull the trigger". Of course, you will hand over the money to save your child's life, and while it IS A CHOICE, it is a pretty "heavily enforced" choice and has little "wiggle room".

The same is true in Scientology. The choice is based on THIS outcome. Either disconnect from this person or YOU will also be 1) summarily declared and then 2) forcibly disconnected from all YOUR friends and relatives. Also, once you are declared you will 3) LOSE your "chance at eternal freedom".

One must accept the absurd notion that Scientology can and does provide this "eternal freedom", but we ARE dealing with True Believers here. The normal card-carrying Scientologist BELIEVES that the Church of Scientology holds the ONLY valid path to this freedom, and thus a THREAT of taking this away causes them REAL PAIN and SUFFERING (granted this is largely in their imagination).

So, the notion that it is a "free choice" is absurd. The card-carrying Scientologist is FORCED into disconnection OR ELSE. Or else what?

1. Be declared yourself and then be disconnected from all your friends and family.

2. Lose your chance at "eternal freedom" (a thing most members consider VERY VALUABLE).

The "easy simple choice" an illusion, in that it is not at all of the same degree of insignificance such as on deciding whether or not to go to a movie tonight. This "choice" of "disconnecting" or not involves SEVERE reprecussions, just like the guy holding the gun against your child's head and demanding your money.

Scientology will try to "spin" the act of disconnection as a "pesonal choice" that it does not "force on members", but the sad and sorry outcome is guaranteed if you "refuse" to make the "proper choice". This is just more of Scientology doing what it does so commonly - Scientology redefines and misrepresents things in an attempt to trick people into agreeing with it.

Just as it really isn't much of a "choice" whether to hand over your money to a thief holding a gun against your child's head, it also is not much of a "choice" when one "decides" to "willingly disconnect" from some person to avoid the always resultant 1) declare, 2) disconnection, and 3) lose "of the Bridge" for YOU if and when you choose otherwise.

Free choice, free personal decision? My ass.