What's new

Jesse Prince - I'm Coming Back

Yesterday, my daughter and brother went with me to my Oncologist appt to go over the results of my recent cat scan and I was hit with two big surprises.

My first huge surprise came when my Dr. revealed the extent of the cancer tumors I’d had throughout my body. The Dr. told me that I’d had tumors on my tonsils, liver, kidney, spleen, chest, under my arms, and in my groin area. This is when I discovered that no one really expected me to live through the treatment. I never knew the extent of the cancer – my doctors had only discussed the details with my brother and daughter who kept the distressing truth to themselves - that things did not look good for me at all. All I knew up until then was that I had Stage Four cancer in my spinal and groin area.

The next huge surprise came when my Dr. told me that the tumors were all gone! All areas came back clean. Just looking at the expression on my Oncologist’s face as she told me showed me how shocked and delighted she was with the results herself. When she was telling me the tumors were gone she did it in a very dramatic way that actually surprised me!

I thanked her for getting me through the ordeal and back to health but she insisted that she did nothing personally to get those results. She insisted that she did not “cure” me. It was her contention that whatever I was doing at home during my treatment was the real cause of my healing. I thought about this later because I could tell the Oncologist was being sincere as opposed to just being modest about the whole thing. I knew I couldn’t think of anything in particular that I’ve done to get such a result. So as I thought about it, I began to remember all of the prayers, love and support I’ve been receiving from hundreds of people from around the world. I thought about the times when I was so ill and weak I couldn’t even talk. It was during these times that God would come to me and sit with me and just talk and hang around so that I was not alone ever.

I suddenly felt exhausted. I have been fighting for my life for months and now I knew I’d be okay. As the weight of the battle began to melt I wept for the first time. I wept not in sadness or fear. I wept in gratitude for surviving and my life has new meaning.

There is one more test to verify the cancer that was in my spine is in full remission, however it is too early to get that done. I have to wait at least six weeks after the final chemo treatment before I can get that test, which is scheduled for mid Nov.

The other not so good news is I’ve developed another fracture in my spine due to the amount of bone deterioration from the chemo process. I have a neck and back brace that my Dr. wants me to wear for the next two months anyway just to prevent further damage. Due to a side effect from the chemo I’ve had no appetite at all so have a problem with weight right now. This is affecting my recovery as I’ve been undernourished.

To get the daily nutrition I need, I now drink six bottles of “Ensure” a day, which my sweet daughter, Cleo insisted on buying for me. I think in the next week or two I’ll be able to put more food in my mouth and have an appetite.

Throughout the chemo process I’ve constantly thought about procuring the documentation and information I need to complete my book. I was not able to write and do chemo at the same time but I have been preparing as best I could.

I still have issues with my spine in that I have a new fracture since this whole thing started and my Dr. describes my spine as being more cheese-like than bone. While I work on making sure I have proper nourishment and give my bones a chance to recover, I am unable to lift more than 5 lbs at a time.

My younger brother has been there for me since I became ill. When I was bedridden, he cooked and cleaned and helped me be clean the entire time. He has taken me to every appointment I needed to go to and generally has been my private angel. He knows what I need and he knows how to take care of me while I recover. And now, I’m finally through this and ready to go on again.

I’ve spent a lot of time lying on my back in pain, and then I was able to get up for short periods of time. I’d use the time when I could get up to play music on Facebook. I also used Facebook to let people know how I was doing from time to time. I just want you guys to know I am forever grateful for all of the love, hope and prayers sent to me by people out there. I really do think that together as one love we made a difference for an individual. This time that individual turned out to be me.

I say this to make the point that Facebook was as complicated as I was able to handle at the time. I really have been patient and waited for the day that I could post something on EXScn.net. So here it is, posted here first. Again I thank you all for your love, prayers and words of encouragement throughout my tribulation. You know I love you all very much.

Jesse Prince

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Hello Jesse

Wow!
I am speachless :happydance:

I know , from personnal experience, the feeling you might have and particurlarly the gratefull of being alive.

Cleaning your body of so much tumors is a miracle.
It takes courage, determination, hope, love, caring
Congratulation for making it - you are a strong being.
Many thanks to your relatives that took care of you.

Enjoy this second chance
we need you and we are proud of you and so much happy
that you are recovering

Take care

Much Love
Lotus

:flowers2::love11:

Sindy

Crusader
With writing like that, I honestly can't wait to read your book.

Jesse, thanks for letting your peeps here know first how you're doing. You are always so upbeat, loving, and funny as hell! God, you make me laugh so, it makes total sense that you would take a big whack at the odds and defy them :)

I'll be looking forward to hearing about the spiritual experiences you were telling me about the other night. I think they'll be helpful for all.

Your brother and daughter sound like angels. You are obviously very loved. :love8:

But, anyway, enough of my mushiness. It's party time! Congratulations!

:dancer::dance3::party::dance3::dancer::party::dance3::dancer::party:

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hey Jesse!

This is wonderful news and I sit here reading your message with tears in my eyes but they are happy tears. You have an army of support out here and we have only one thought, that you continue your recovery so that you can keep on sharing your love of life and music with us all. Even when you were sick, anytime you were able to, you would do this on FB and I believe this, as much as the love and prayers others sent to you, helped with your healing.

:heartflower:
Miss Pert

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I am so amazed and pleased that the tumors are gone. I know that you have injuries but, really, things are looking so much better for you. I hope Ensure has calcium and Vitamin D in it.

You have been such a brave soul throughout all this.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great to see you back Jesse.

Love Kindness & togetherness is the best therapy ever.

Looking forward to the future.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Only know you from round-about ways Jesse, take good care and stay healthy and positive, and yeh, I know I didn't have to say it, but deepest respects to you man~ Rock on!

:dance:

&

:bighug:

:cake:

thanks for all you have done, stay strong man!

Regards,

Ogs

Jesse,
You have been and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. You have worked very much for this outcome, and as you said, you will now be on the path to eat and gain weight and other things.
Bless You
nancy

randomx

Patron with Honors
Great news Jesse.

The healthier you are ...the sicker it makes David Miscavige.

How`s that for incentive ?

Feral

Rogue male
Nice one Jesse. I enjoyed reading your updates on FB and was hoping it was as treatable as you had been told. Get well and look after those bones!

auntpat

Patron with Honors
Jesse, I am so happy for you. I am sure the prayers and good thoughts of your friends on ESMB helped your body to heal.

Keep the good news coming. Blessings to your Brother and daughter.

My love and prayers,
Aunt Pat

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
Good news Jesse:thumbsup: and you deserve all the love.good thoughts and prayers coming your way.:yes::yes::yes:

Opter

PTSPal

Patron with Honors
:clap: We adore you Jesse. You give us hope. I look forward to the day that I can shake your hand and dance on the grave of this sinister organization...somehow, I think we will both be there to see it happen.:yes::yes: