What's new

The C.O.S.: Champion of Human Rights? WTF?

lynnie

Patron
just trying to complete a read-through of this is nauseating. and infuriating.

slimy ba$tards.

"Youth for Human Rights International" is, of course, just another Scientology front organization.

:puke2:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Los Angeles, California

Churches of Scientology: Petition Targets Human Rights Education

August 27, 2010

http://www.freedommag.org/freedom-n...-petition-targets-human-rights-education.html

Churches of Scientology in 14 countries joined forces with Youth for Human Rights International (YHRI) last week conducting a global petition drive in support of human rights education. Based on the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the petition calls on governments to make human rights education mandatory and to conduct human rights education campaigns. The Declaration was ratified by the UN General Assembly in 1948 and defines the fundamental freedoms and human rights in the United Nations Charter. Since that time it has influenced national constitutions, treaties, laws, and human rights institutions the world over.

“The Universal Declaration does more than condemn discrimination, slavery and torture,” said Rev. Bob Adams, spokesperson for the Church of Scientology International. “Unfortunately, most people are unaware of the full scope of these rights and so have no way of knowing when these rights are violated. It’s not something only for governments to care for—we all have an interest in these rights.”

Scientologists, their families and friends took to busy street corners, festivals and shopping centers and city squares, where they presented booklets and videos, engaged in human rights discussions and gained support for the cause on giant petition boards. Active on many fronts of human rights initiatives and reform for five decades, the Church sponsors a worldwide human rights initiative to raise awareness and respect for the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This includes distribution of millions of booklets and the airing of 30 public service messages, both based on the Declaration’s articles. In 2009, the Church sponsored the production of a new educational film, The Story of Human Rights, a 20-minute entertaining and historical account of the development of human rights, and a new human rights educators kit. To date, these materials have reached over 500 million people in 180 countries.

“The Universal Declaration of Human Rights recognizes the inherent dignity and rights of all members of the human family as the foundation of freedom, justice and peace,” said Rev. Adams. “The world needs a lot more people knowing it and supporting it.”

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
WHY ARE YOU AGAINST HUMAN RIGHTS?!!!

"Psychiatrists, reaching the high of the dusty desk, tell us that Alexander, Genghis Khan and Napoleon were madmen. I know they're maligning some very intelligent gentlemen...

"I can make Napoleon look like a punk."

L. Ron Hubbard, from the 1938 'Excalibur' letter to his first wife.

Immediately preceding the establishing of the 'Citizen's Commission on Human Rights'' and the first publication of 'Freedom' Magazine was Ron's Journal '68:

"...And the general attack line is along the lines of human rights, human rights.

"Now I'll give you a clue now how this is handled, somebody comes up to you, he's a hostile person - he's hostile to Scientology and he says to you, he says <inaudible> and you say 'Why are you against human rights?' and, then, if you know anything about human rights like the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, United Nations - that sort of thing, you know something about this subject, you just follow it right straight up, total attack, in other words you don't defend Scientology, you just simply attack along this line of human rights.

"Somebody else comes along, hostile, he says something to you about this, or he says something in the press or in a group or something like this, and something about treatment, or something in Scientology, and you should come back at him, 'Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps? Why are you in favor of psychiatric brutality to human beings?', and just let him try to handle that ball.

"And use these two things.

"Now the hostile person and the hostile press line, for instance the newspaper writes an article on the subject of how bad Scientology is. Well, any Scientologist reading this should at once write the newspaper, 'Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps? Why are you criticizing Scientology? Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps?' And we will make some progress on this.

"Now actually what will happen, what will happen, really, is each time Scientology is attacked, we will build into society, if all of you do this, we'll build into society an actual stimulus-response mechanism, whereas an attack on Scientology is actually an attack on human rights, and a person making such an attack is in favor of psychiatric death camps. And if this is the way you handle this, and handle it consistently, even though you get bored with it and want something else to shoot them with, this will produce a fantastic effect..."

"I am not interested in wog morality... I can make captain Bligh look like a Sunday School teacher."

L. Ron Hubbard, 'Discipline - SPs, and Admin' 1969.

"The only safe public opinion to head for is they love us and are in a frenzy of hate against the enemy, that means standard wartime propaganda is what one is doing... Know the mores of your public opinion, what they hate. That's the enemy. What they love. That's you."

Confidential 'Battle Tactics', 1969

"Accused of drug smuggling one can show he's a member of the anti-drug league."

'PR Series 18', 1972

"The objective is to identified as attackers of popularly considered evils. This declassifies us from former labels. It reclassifies our attackers as evil people. Which they are."

Confidential 'Black Propaganda' 1972

lynnie

Patron
Re: WHY ARE YOU AGAINST HUMAN RIGHTS?!!!

"Now actually what will happen, what will happen, really, is each time Scientology is attacked, we will build into society, if all of you do this, we'll build into society an actual stimulus-response mechanism, whereas an attack on Scientology is actually an attack on human rights, and a person making such an attack is in favor of psychiatric death camps. And if this is the way you handle this, and handle it consistently, even though you get bored with it and want something else to shoot them with, this will produce a fantastic effect..."

It's funny, sometimes I'm not sure whether it's encouraging or horrifying to see the CoS using the same old tired tactics again and again and again.

Encouraging, in the sense of it's the same old tired record being played again and again and again. "What crimes have you committed?!?!?!" But horrifying that this record has been playing since the ***1960s**** and we haven't smashed it into tiny shards yet.

It is *ridiculous* that we have this joker's diaries & mountains of materials revealing him as a complete fraud, and yet this scourge on society still exists.

PTSPal

Patron with Honors

"Psychiatrists, reaching the high of the dusty desk, tell us that Alexander, Genghis Khan and Napoleon were madmen. I know they're maligning some very intelligent gentlemen...

"I can make Napoleon look like a punk."

L. Ron Hubbard, from the 1938 'Excalibur' letter to his first wife.

Immediately preceding the establishing of the 'Citizen's Commission on Human Rights'' and the first publication of 'Freedom' Magazine was Ron's Journal '68:

"...And the general attack line is along the lines of human rights, human rights.

"Now I'll give you a clue now how this is handled, somebody comes up to you, he's a hostile person - he's hostile to Scientology and he says to you, he says <inaudible> and you say 'Why are you against human rights?' and, then, if you know anything about human rights like the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, United Nations - that sort of thing, you know something about this subject, you just follow it right straight up, total attack, in other words you don't defend Scientology, you just simply attack along this line of human rights.

"Somebody else comes along, hostile, he says something to you about this, or he says something in the press or in a group or something like this, and something about treatment, or something in Scientology, and you should come back at him, 'Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps? Why are you in favor of psychiatric brutality to human beings?', and just let him try to handle that ball.

"And use these two things.

"Now the hostile person and the hostile press line, for instance the newspaper writes an article on the subject of how bad Scientology is. Well, any Scientologist reading this should at once write the newspaper, 'Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps? Why are you criticizing Scientology? Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps?' And we will make some progress on this.

"I am not interested in wog morality... I can make captain Bligh look like a Sunday School teacher."

L. Ron Hubbard, 'Discipline - SPs, and Admin' 1969.

"The only safe public opinion to head for is they love us and are in a frenzy of hate against the enemy, that means standard wartime propaganda is what one is doing... Know the mores of your public opinion, what they hate. That's the enemy. What they love. That's you."

Confidential 'Battle Tactics', 1969

"Accused of drug smuggling one can show he's a member of the anti-drug league."

'PR Series 18', 1972

"The objective is to identified as attackers of popularly considered evils. This declassifies us from former labels. It reclassifies our attackers as evil people. Which they are."

Confidential 'Black Propaganda' 1972

VEDA,

Where can I find this reference? Is it online? I really really need this one for my collection..Best,

Pal

Feral

Rogue male
“The Universal Declaration does more than condemn discrimination, slavery and torture,” said Rev. Bob Adams, spokesperson for the Church of Scientology International. “Unfortunately, most people are unaware of the full scope of these rights and so have no way of knowing when these rights are violated. It’s not something only for governments to care for—we all have an interest in these rights.”

Really Bob?

This post was brought to you by "Get a fucking clue P/L"

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor

VEDA,

Where can I find this reference? Is it online? I really really need this one for my collection..Best,

Pal

Much of it can be tracked down with a google search, by trying key words and titles. Here's a link to the Information (euphemism for Intelligence) Full Hat of 1974, which was revealed as a result of federal criminal case 78-401.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/go/ic_conts.htm

It can be searched by pressing control and F and doing a find on titles. This may provide a little more information, but you'll have to do some searching for the complete documents in many cases. Sometimes a lot of searching.

If you're looking for the Ron's Journal, it's on YouTube, and begins very gently as the well meaning Scientologists are led down the path to manipulative propaganda technique.