What's new

Hubbard's Dirty Laundry

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
In his diary Hubbard admits that he has psychosis which he blames on the women and extensive masturbation during the teenage years. He was also a partial impotent.
Oddly enough, Hubbard believed in God and his Guardian Angel.
Excerpts from Hubbard’s diary.
“To accomplish the above the following fears must be removed Fear that I have written
myself out by writing junk. I built certain psychoses in myself while living with my former wife as
a means to protect my writing. I affirmed that my writing was hard work and took much labor.
This was a lie. I was always anxious about people's opinion of me and was afraid I would bore
them. This injected anxiety and careless speed into my work”
I can have no doubts of my psychic powers. My magical ability is high and clear. I earned my
titles and command.”
Sexual feeling has been depressed by several things amounting to a major impasse. To cure
ulcers of the stomach I was given testosterone and stilbesterol. These reduced my libido to
nothing. While taking these drugs I fell in love with Sara. She can be most exciting sexually to
me. Because of drugs as above and a hangover from my ex-wife Polly, I sometimes am unexcited by anything sexual. This depresses me.”
“Polly was very bad for me sexually. Because of her coldness physically, the falsity of her pretensions,
I believed myself a near eunuch between 1933 and 1936 or ? when I found I was attractive
to other women. I had many affairs. But my failure to please Polly made me always pay so much
attention to my momentary mate that I derived small pleasure myself. This was an anxiety neurosis which cut down my natural powers.”
“I took to dosing myself with sulfa in such quantities that I was afraid I had affected my
brain. My wife came to Portland. I took what precautions I could. I think actually that the disease
was utterly cured very early. This fear further depressed my libido”
“I carried this fear of the disease to sea with me. I was reprimanded in San Diego in mid-43 for
firing on the Mexican coast and was removed from command of my ship. This on top of having
sunk two Jap subs without credit, the way my crew lied for me at the Court of Inquiry, the insults
of the High Command, all combined to put me in the hospital with ulcers.”
“I have a very bad masturbatory history. I was taught when I was 11 and, despite guilt, fear of
insanity, etc. etc. I persisted. At a physical examination at a Y when I was about 13, the examiner and the people with him called me out of the line because my testicles hung low and cautioned
me about what would happen if I kept on masturbating. This "discovery" was a bad shock
to me“.
“Nothing can intervene between you and your Guardian. She cannot be displaced because she is
too powerful. She does not control you. She advises you. You may or may not take the advice.
You are an adept and have a wonderful and brilliant mind of your own.”
“The strength of your Guardian aids you always and can
never depart or be repelled. Your faith in her and in God is unswerveable, blind, powerful and
you never, never doubt their good intent toward you. They work with you. You help them exert
their plans. They have faith unbounded in you.”
“Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions,
for you are their ruler.”
“You have no doubts about God. You never speculate about him. You are assured that whatever
you do is right in his eyes. Your faith is so strong you could move mountains. You have deep
trust and faith in God and have no fear of what he may do to you and your friends. He will never
punish you. Some day you will merge with him and become part of the All when his bidding you
have finished in these lives.”

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
FROM THE FILES OF THE FBI 285
[newspaper article; portions missing in the xerox, photos not very clear]
SCIENTOLOGY
THE SUNDAY TIMES, 5 OCTOBER 1969
Revealed for the first time...
The odd beginning of Ron Hubbard's career

[two photos side by side, with caption text between them; left photo is full figure standing person, right photo appears to be a 3/4 profile of a person wearing a Navy style cap; photo caption: In 1946 Aleister Crowley (left) the sorcerer and mystic whose dabblings in black magic earned him the title The Wickedest Man in the World, found a new disciple and welcomed him to one of his occult communities in California. The extraordinary activities of this new and enthusiastic disciple are described in a vast collection of papers owned by a former admirer of Crowley, which we have examined. The man in question is Lafayette Ron Hubbard (right), head of the now notorious Church of Scientology.]
JOHN WHITESIDE Parsons, a brilliant rocket fuel scientist, joined the American branch of Crowley's cult in 1939. He struck up earnest correspondence with "The Beast 666," as Crowley was known by his followers, and soon became his outstanding protege in the United States. By January 1946, Parsons was impatient to break new frontiers in the occult world. He decided to take the spirit of Babylon, the "whore of Babylon," and invest it in a human being.
But to carry out this intricate mission Parsons needed a female sexual partner to create his child in the astral (spiritual) world. If this part of the fixture went successfully Parsons would be able to call down the spiritual baby and direct it to a human womb. When born, this child would incarnate the forces of Babylon. During his magical preparations for this incarnation Parsons found himself overwhelmed with assistance from young novitiate named Ron Hubbard.
Parsons wrote to Crowley at the beginning of 1946, "He (Hubbard) is a gentleman, red hair, green eyes, honest and intelligent and we have become great friends. Although he has no formal training in magic he has an extraordinary amount of experience and understanding in the field. Ron appears to have some sort of highly developed astral vision. He describes his angel as a beautiful winged woman with red hair whom he calls the Empress and who has guided him through his life and saved him many times." He concluded almost ecstatically, "He is in complete accord with our own principles. I have found a staunch companion and comrade in Ron."
But within two months the bonds of friendship were under some strain: Ron claimed Parson's girl-friend, Betty. With admirable restraint Parsons wrote to Crowley, "She has transferred her sexual affection to Ron. I cared for her rather deeply, but I have no desire to control her emotions." As if to [missing words] their loyalties, Parsons, [missing words] Betty decided to [missing words] and form a [missing words]
Meanwhile preparations for the mystical mission were well under way. From January 4 to 15, 1946, Parsons and Hubbard engaged in a nightly ritual of incantation, talisman-waving and other black magic, faithfully described in Parson's diary as Conjuration of Air, Invocation of Wan and Consecration of Air Dagger. With a Prokofiev violin concerto blaring away the two of them pleaded with the spirits for "an elemental mate"--a girl willing to go through sexual rites to incarnate Babylon in the spirit world.
Parsons mentions that windstorms occurred on a couple of nights and one night the power supply failed. But nothing seriously responsive until January 14, when Ron was struck on the right shoulder and had a candle knocked out of his hand. "He called me," Parsons wrote, "and we observed a brownish yellow light about seven feet high. I brandished a magical sword and it disappeared. Ron's right arm was paralysed for the rest of the [missing words]
The following night was even more portentous. Hubbard apparently saw a vision of one of Parson's enemies. Parsons wrote, "He attacked the figure and pinned it to the door with four throwing knives with which
[next page]
[at least one line at the top of this page appears to have been cut off in xeroxing]
[missing words] Parsons and Hubbard were in a state of [illegible word] Then on January 18 Parsons turned to Ron and said, "It is done." He added [illegible word] returned home and found a young woman answering the requirements waiting for me."
The incarnation ritual set out in Parsons' manuscript, The Book of Babylon, is difficult reading for the unconfirmed spiritualist. Broadly interpreted, Parsons and Hubbard constructed an altar and Hubbard acted as high priest during a series of ceremonies in which Parsons and the girl shared sex. The owner of the documents, who is an expert on Crowley's magic, says that Parsons at this stage was completely under Hubbard's domination. How else can one explain Hubbard's role as High priest in the rites after only a few weeks in the trade?
For the first of the birth ceremonies which began on March 1 Hubbard wore white and carried a lamp while Parsons was cloaked in a black, hooded garment carrying a cup and dagger. At Hubbard's suggestion they played Rachmaninoff's Isle of the Dead as background music.
photo: full face bust of man; caption: PARSONS, "the Anti-Christ"
Parsons' account of the start of the birth ritual is as follows: "The Scribe (Hubbard) said, The year of Babylon is 4063. She is the flame of life, power of darkness, she destroys with a glance, she may take thy soul. She feeds upon the death of men. Beautiful--horrible.' The scribe, now pale and sweating, rested awhile, then continued." There are two possible reasons why Hubbard showed anxiety at this stage of the ceremony, the owner of the papers says. He was either deeply moved by the spiritual depth of the ceremony or he couldn't think what to say next.
Hubbard further instructed Parsons: "Display thyself to our lady; dedicate thy organs to her; dedicate thy heart to her; display thy mind to her; dedicate thy soul to her, for she shall absorb thee. Retire from human contact until noon tomorrow. Speak not of this ritual. Discuss nothing of it. Consult no book but thine own [missing words] at this altar as one god before another."
On the third day the ritual [illegible word] four hours before dawn. [illegible word] his companion, "Lay out [illegible word] white sheet. Place upon it blood of birth. Envision her approaching thee. Think upon the lewd, lascivious things thou couldn't do. All is good to Babylon. All. Preserve the material basis. The lust is hers, the passion yours. Consider thou the Beast raping." These invocations along with other passages in the ritual indicates that Parsons had collected specimens of his own sperm and the girl's menstrual fluid.
The climax of the ceremony occurred the following day with Ron at the altar working his two subjects into a sexual frenzy. Over Rachmaninoff he intoned such gems as:
Her mouth is red and her breasts are fair and her loins are full fire.
And her lust is strong as a man is strong in the heat of her desire.
An exalted Parsons wrote the next day, "Babylon is incarnate upon the earth today awaiting the proper hour of her manifestation. And in that ay my work will be accomplished and I shall be blown away upon the breath of the father even as it is prophecied." (In fact, Parsons was "blown away" in a rocket fuel explosion at his experimental laboratory in Pasadena in 1952.)
Unable to contain his joy, Parsons decided to tell Crowley what had happened. On March 6 he wrote, "I can hardly tell you or decide how much to write. I am under command of extreme secrecy. I have had the most important, devastating experience of my life.." Crowley was dumbfounded by the news of the incarnation ceremony. He wrote back, "You have me completely puzzled by your remarks. I thought I had the most morbid imagination but it seems I have not. I cannot form the slightest idea what you can possibly mean."
With a distinct note of concern he dashed off a letter on the same day to the head of his American cult saying, "Apparently Parsons or Hubbard or somebody is producing a Moonchild. I get fairly frantic when I contemplate the idiocy of these louts." (This acid rebuke comes from a man whose activities were once summed up by a judge like this: "I have never heard such dreadful, horrible, blasphemous and abominable stuff as that which has been produced by the man who describes himself as the greatest living poet.")

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
You have no doubts about God. You never speculate about him. You are assured that whatever you do is right in his eyes

Hubbard feared God.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
So I've worked out what was wrong with the guy, he stopped masturbating! May be he wouldn't have been so uptight if he was a bit more relaxed.

philTmonx

Patron
oh he masturbated, ALOT..
the dudes whole org was his version of masturbation.. he defiantly got off on it..
no question

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
FROM THE FILES OF THE FBI 285
[newspaper article; portions missing in the xerox, photos not very clear]
SCIENTOLOGY
THE SUNDAY TIMES, 5 OCTOBER 1969
Revealed for the first time...
The odd beginning of Ron Hubbard's career

[two photos side by side, with caption text between them; left photo is full figure standing person, right photo appears to be a 3/4 profile of a person wearing a Navy style cap; photo caption: In 1946 Aleister Crowley (left) the sorcerer and mystic whose dabblings in black magic earned him the title The Wickedest Man in the World, found a new disciple and welcomed him to one of his occult communities in California. The extraordinary activities of this new and enthusiastic disciple are described in a vast collection of papers owned by a former admirer of Crowley, which we have examined. The man in question is Lafayette Ron Hubbard (right), head of the now notorious Church of Scientology.]
JOHN WHITESIDE Parsons, a brilliant rocket fuel scientist, joined the American branch of Crowley's cult in 1939. He struck up earnest correspondence with "The Beast 666," as Crowley was known by his followers, and soon became his outstanding protege in the United States. By January 1946, Parsons was impatient to break new frontiers in the occult world. He decided to take the spirit of Babylon, the "whore of Babylon," and invest it in a human being.
But to carry out this intricate mission Parsons needed a female sexual partner to create his child in the astral (spiritual) world. If this part of the fixture went successfully Parsons would be able to call down the spiritual baby and direct it to a human womb. When born, this child would incarnate the forces of Babylon. During his magical preparations for this incarnation Parsons found himself overwhelmed with assistance from young novitiate named Ron Hubbard.
Parsons wrote to Crowley at the beginning of 1946, "He (Hubbard) is a gentleman, red hair, green eyes, honest and intelligent and we have become great friends. Although he has no formal training in magic he has an extraordinary amount of experience and understanding in the field. Ron appears to have some sort of highly developed astral vision. He describes his angel as a beautiful winged woman with red hair whom he calls the Empress and who has guided him through his life and saved him many times." He concluded almost ecstatically, "He is in complete accord with our own principles. I have found a staunch companion and comrade in Ron."
But within two months the bonds of friendship were under some strain: Ron claimed Parson's girl-friend, Betty. With admirable restraint Parsons wrote to Crowley, "She has transferred her sexual affection to Ron. I cared for her rather deeply, but I have no desire to control her emotions." As if to [missing words] their loyalties, Parsons, [missing words] Betty decided to [missing words] and form a [missing words]
Meanwhile preparations for the mystical mission were well under way. From January 4 to 15, 1946, Parsons and Hubbard engaged in a nightly ritual of incantation, talisman-waving and other black magic, faithfully described in Parson's diary as Conjuration of Air, Invocation of Wan and Consecration of Air Dagger. With a Prokofiev violin concerto blaring away the two of them pleaded with the spirits for "an elemental mate"--a girl willing to go through sexual rites to incarnate Babylon in the spirit world.
Parsons mentions that windstorms occurred on a couple of nights and one night the power supply failed. But nothing seriously responsive until January 14, when Ron was struck on the right shoulder and had a candle knocked out of his hand. "He called me," Parsons wrote, "and we observed a brownish yellow light about seven feet high. I brandished a magical sword and it disappeared. Ron's right arm was paralysed for the rest of the [missing words]
The following night was even more portentous. Hubbard apparently saw a vision of one of Parson's enemies. Parsons wrote, "He attacked the figure and pinned it to the door with four throwing knives with which
[next page]
[at least one line at the top of this page appears to have been cut off in xeroxing]
[missing words] Parsons and Hubbard were in a state of [illegible word] Then on January 18 Parsons turned to Ron and said, "It is done." He added [illegible word] returned home and found a young woman answering the requirements waiting for me."
The incarnation ritual set out in Parsons' manuscript, The Book of Babylon, is difficult reading for the unconfirmed spiritualist. Broadly interpreted, Parsons and Hubbard constructed an altar and Hubbard acted as high priest during a series of ceremonies in which Parsons and the girl shared sex. The owner of the documents, who is an expert on Crowley's magic, says that Parsons at this stage was completely under Hubbard's domination. How else can one explain Hubbard's role as High priest in the rites after only a few weeks in the trade?
For the first of the birth ceremonies which began on March 1 Hubbard wore white and carried a lamp while Parsons was cloaked in a black, hooded garment carrying a cup and dagger. At Hubbard's suggestion they played Rachmaninoff's Isle of the Dead as background music.
photo: full face bust of man; caption: PARSONS, "the Anti-Christ"
Parsons' account of the start of the birth ritual is as follows: "The Scribe (Hubbard) said, The year of Babylon is 4063. She is the flame of life, power of darkness, she destroys with a glance, she may take thy soul. She feeds upon the death of men. Beautiful--horrible.' The scribe, now pale and sweating, rested awhile, then continued." There are two possible reasons why Hubbard showed anxiety at this stage of the ceremony, the owner of the papers says. He was either deeply moved by the spiritual depth of the ceremony or he couldn't think what to say next.
Hubbard further instructed Parsons: "Display thyself to our lady; dedicate thy organs to her; dedicate thy heart to her; display thy mind to her; dedicate thy soul to her, for she shall absorb thee. Retire from human contact until noon tomorrow. Speak not of this ritual. Discuss nothing of it. Consult no book but thine own [missing words] at this altar as one god before another."
On the third day the ritual [illegible word] four hours before dawn. [illegible word] his companion, "Lay out [illegible word] white sheet. Place upon it blood of birth. Envision her approaching thee. Think upon the lewd, lascivious things thou couldn't do. All is good to Babylon. All. Preserve the material basis. The lust is hers, the passion yours. Consider thou the Beast raping." These invocations along with other passages in the ritual indicates that Parsons had collected specimens of his own sperm and the girl's menstrual fluid.
The climax of the ceremony occurred the following day with Ron at the altar working his two subjects into a sexual frenzy. Over Rachmaninoff he intoned such gems as:
Her mouth is red and her breasts are fair and her loins are full fire.
And her lust is strong as a man is strong in the heat of her desire.
An exalted Parsons wrote the next day, "Babylon is incarnate upon the earth today awaiting the proper hour of her manifestation. And in that ay my work will be accomplished and I shall be blown away upon the breath of the father even as it is prophecied." (In fact, Parsons was "blown away" in a rocket fuel explosion at his experimental laboratory in Pasadena in 1952.)
Unable to contain his joy, Parsons decided to tell Crowley what had happened. On March 6 he wrote, "I can hardly tell you or decide how much to write. I am under command of extreme secrecy. I have had the most important, devastating experience of my life.." Crowley was dumbfounded by the news of the incarnation ceremony. He wrote back, "You have me completely puzzled by your remarks. I thought I had the most morbid imagination but it seems I have not. I cannot form the slightest idea what you can possibly mean."
With a distinct note of concern he dashed off a letter on the same day to the head of his American cult saying, "Apparently Parsons or Hubbard or somebody is producing a Moonchild. I get fairly frantic when I contemplate the idiocy of these louts." (This acid rebuke comes from a man whose activities were once summed up by a judge like this: "I have never heard such dreadful, horrible, blasphemous and abominable stuff as that which has been produced by the man who describes himself as the greatest living poet.")

Veda posted elsewhere some excellent similarities between Scientology and the Tree of Life.

Hubbard was not unfamiliar with magic. He may have been using drugs to facilitate this on the Apollo (if the accounts of drug abuse is true).

Dincalci (as mentioned in 'A Piece of Blue Sky') stated that Hubbard looked like he was doing automatic writing like in the occult when writing his bulletins.

I have also mentioned Peter Moons weird paranormal experience with Hubbard (Moon was a former SO on the ship). He claimed that whilst exterior, he seen a bust of Hubbard in the sky which shattered to reveal a hag of a woman. Possibly the goddess or Empress whom he took so much advice from.

By releasing the mysteries he was trusted to keep, Hubbard may have set off an all out war in magic circles when he set up Scientology. Some of Crowley's devotees to this day (such as the rock band Tool) are scathing of Hubbard and Scientology.

I've also read a post on here from BB where he states that uniformed SO members appraoched a former Scio/OTO member. They were looking for information to help facilitate OT research.

I agree with Lexing Jenkins; far more interesting than Scientology.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Poor Ron, his laundry was so dirty it had to be washed so many times and then rinsed so many times it was reduced to rags and had to be stitched back up to be worn.

Was he really that dirty?

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Poor Ron, his laundry was so dirty it had to be washed so many times and then rinsed so many times it was reduced to rags and had to be stitched back up to be worn.

Was he really that dirty?

When I first read the title of this post I actually wondered 'who actually did Hubbard's real laundry?'

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I first read the title of this post I actually wondered 'who actually did Hubbard's real laundry?'

On the Apollo El Ron and Family had their own, staffed and paid for by the SO, "Household Unit". These folks did all of Hisself and Family's cleaning food ordering, food preps and service, Laundry and just about everything else imaginable that domestic and personal servants and staffs do.

El Ron was positively OCD to the Nth degree on smells, dirt, tastes, textures, etc…to the point that, to an outsider, Hisself would appear to to obviously be pathologically disturbed (think the TV Character, “Monk”). El Ron was also often quite grotesquely verbally, mentally and emotionally abusive to Hisself’s quasi slave's. On the “Shooting Stars” Thread I wrote about this a bit and about Rick Sheahy, who was the “CommodeDore’s Steward” for a number of years on the Apollo.

El Ron had written detailed exact Directives on how Hisself’s cloths were to be washed and handled, quarters cleaned, food prepared and served, dishes washed and stored and the detail and nature of the procedures bordered on and, in some cases went far beyond, the absurd (think “Howard Hughes”).

Face :)

Last edited: