What's new

New Indie Scientology Game Show: 20 QUESTIONS

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

There is something about Indie Scientology that is very telling.

The refusal of most Independents to speak about certain subjects openly and honestly.

That doesn't sound very independent to me.

Why would a great religion or reform movement have so little to say about matters of such great importance about their beliefs.

When certain troubling questions come up, Indies tend to:

A) Not answer directly.
B) Ignore the question entirely.
C) Not answer truthfully with regard to indisputable facts.
D) Change the subject.
E) Spin the facts with acceptable truths, shore stories or lies.​

Not saying what they really believe is more than reminiscent of Scientology not telling new public exactly how much their Bridge is going to cost nor even hinting that after attaining the supernatural state of Clear, they will be at "great risk" unless they spend the next decade or so hunting and eliminating invisible space aliens.

From time to time I have posed questions for Indies--exactly as I have posed questions in real life to Scientologists. I am simply not getting any answers.

Here is a new idea. Like the children's game "20 Questions", I thought a cool list could be put together for Independent Scientologists.

If they are who they say they are, they should not only be WILLING to answer the questions but they should be most HAPPY to respond. Why wouldn't someone want to share their religion or philosophy-especially Scientologist (Indie or otherwise) who supports Ron's goal of clearing the planet?

I will list out the first questions that come to mind. Maybe if some of the knowledgeable people on ESMB find it interesting, a lot of better questions can be formulated.

Ultimately, I think the best of the best should be formulated into one list of 20 Questions.

And that list of questions should be offered to any and all Indie Scientologists to talk about their religion.

If they answer, I think it will be quite illuminating.

If they don't answer, I think that will be equally illuminating.

I will personally send the first two questionnaires to Marty and Mike. I am guessing that they will not post it on their website. Nor answer me personally. It is almost assuredly going to viewed as "natter" or "entheta" or "low toned" or "hateful" or even "suppressive". But, I am ready to be very pleasantly surprised if they wish to answer.

Before starting the list, it seems remarkable to me that simple questions like these pose such a threat to Indie Scientologists that they refuse to answer--or more likely, even think about why they don't want to answer it.

SUGGESTED QUESTIONS:

1. If an individual commits serious felonies but is not caught by authorities, do you nonetheless consider that person to be a criminal?

2. Do you think that L. Ron Hubbard was a criminal?

3. Can you list the crimes (that you are aware of) that Ron committed or caused others to commit?

4. Can a person be both a high level Operating Thetan and a criminal at the same time? Explain why you feel that way.

5. Do you think that anyone has achieved the state of Clear as defined in DMSMH? Have you? Why do you think Clear is or is not a true and attainable state?

6. Do you think that Ron or you or anyone else ever achieved the state of Operating Thetan, capable of operating outside of a body as described in the basic books of the 1950's? Can you or anyone you know stably be exterior with perception?

7. Do you think the Fair Game Policies that Ron wrote are anti-social (suppressive), per the PTS/SP tech? Please explain.

8. Do you think that all of Ron's tech is 100% correct and works? Would you cancel any of it? How about KSW, would you make all Scientologists study and apply that?

9. Are there policies and tech and admin that Ron wrote which you as an Independent do not think should be followed? Can you list out specifically what you think should be canceled?

10. Are you aware of the story of Ron and Paulette Cooper (Operation Freakout)? How about Ron and Mary Sue Hubbard? (Operation Snow White) If not, would you like to know the details of what Ron, the founder of your church, did? If not, why not?

11. If Ron was a high level Operating Thetan with the tech and the advanced abilities to make it go right, why was he forced to resort to criminal behavior with Paulette and Mary Sue in order to get his product?

12. Are there things that Ron said about gains from doing the Bridge that you don't think are true? Do you literally believe all of the OT abilities Ron claims to have or claims that a Scientologist will attain by doing the Bridge? Please explain.

...13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20.

GOT QUESTIONS?

Honestly, if the questions are simple and direct, it will be quite obvious that they are not being answered when the Indie responds with things like "Hey, Ron has been dead 25 years."

If Marty Rathbun (or others) are truly decent and honest leaders of a decent and honest movement, they should have no trouble whatsoever publishing their beliefs.

If they can't say what they think, exactly, they are not "independent" but fully "dependent" on the cult of Scientology.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I'm glad you started this thread as there are many questions that I truly have as concerns the Indies.

1) What goals and purposes do you share with the CoS? And which stated goals and purposes of the CoS do you not share? (including the clearing of this and other planets)

2) Do the "Aims of Scientology" align with your own? If so, how will you achieve them? Are their other aims that you believe an Indie scientologist should have other than these?

3) For field auditors: What are your Customer Service policies? Do you issue
refunds upon request for dissatisfied customers?

3-a) With regards to your marketing to potential new customers.......What are the benefits that you promise that you can deliver?

4) Do you consider that your activities as an Indie Scientologist to be religious in nature?

Hmmmmm......that's it for starters.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Personally I couldn't give a rat's ass about what an Indie Scientologist believes or does, UNLESS it involves fraudulent (and otherwise unethical) marketing practices or results in the abuse of other people.

And that goes for pretty much any other people out there. :yes:
We're all unique individuals and have our own beliefs and I have no desire to change
that through legislation, banning books, etc. But I will do whatever I can to stop someone from using fraudulent marketing, recruiting others for a destructive cult, falsely imprisoning people, etc, when I become aware of it.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I like this thread
My questions would be

1) Do you beleive that there is entities stuck on you ???
2) Do you beleive we human beings have been brought frozen, to Earth in a DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked around volcanoes and killed using hydrogen bombs and killed by Xenu????

(everybody is still alive ?????) :unsure:

3) Do you think - Hana Eltringham is lying or telling truth when reporting LRH abuses with locking small children on Apollo ship ????

4) Have you known LRH personnaly ????
Did he attempted to seduced you ????

5) Do you beleive that Ron De wolfe was lying about his father LRH abuses on him and on people ?????

6) Do you beleive that Sarah Northrup was lying when reporting to the police and court the psychological and physical abuses by LRH????

7) Do you think LRH had lied to us ????
if yes - Did you find any excuse to him for doing so????

8) Do you beleive that if scientology would not exist anymore, your eternity would be compromised????

9) do you beleive that you are on a mission to save this planet and mankind???

Last edited:

SpecialFrog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Honestly, 8) and 9) from HH's list would probably be sufficient to eliminate a lot of concerns (or substantiate them).

I'd like to see an Indy wiki or something that documents exactly what they consider to be the valid tech.

I suspect Marty won't because the claim that he's not a squirrel is key part of his sales pitch.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Personally I couldn't give a rat's ass about what an Indie Scientologist believes or does, UNLESS it involves fraudulent (and otherwise unethical) marketing practices or results in the abuse of other people.

To me the issue with scamology and people who wtill prepetrate it's abuses
is all about beleifs

what they have been endoctrinated to beleive

The roots leading to abuses are deeply implanted within the beleifs system :confused2:

Last edited:
My two cents,

1) What do you think about Scientology's statements to the press that there is no such thing as disconnection?

2)Do you agree that it is OK to lie to the press, the public, members of law enforcement and the legal system to protect Scientology?

3) Many charities disclose their finances publicly. Do you think the IAS should also disclose it's finances? If not, why?

3) For field auditors: What are your Customer Service policies? Do you issue
refunds upon request for dissatisfied customers?
This happened to my brother in law - he gave $900 to a field auditor, then when he asked for a repayment - the auditor refused. Made me feel the fool that I had recommended him.

4) What is your personal stand on disconnection (shunning) - if you agree with it, to what extent should it be enforced? Have you ever experienced it?

5) Do you think the church should charge pc's for sessions that had mistakes made by the auditor and the c/s?

Mimsey

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

For Indie Scientologists. . .

QUESTION: What do you think of Chuck Beatty's brilliant comment (below) on the Village Voice website today in response to the article/video giving thanks to Paulette Cooper ?

QUESTION: Do you believe that Ron said those things about people who "needing killing" and "forging and stealing documents" to bring down ones enemy?

QUESTION: Would you do that for Ron if he asked you?

I’m so sorry Paulette for what we did to you.

I’m an atheist ex Scientologist and I today tell people who call the 866-XSEAORG line, to get out of Scientology.

Mary Sue Hubbard was a living embodiment of one of L. Ron Hubbard’s most damaging church policy writings.

In 1967, L. Ron Hubbard wrote the infamous church policy writing called , "The Responsibilities of Leaders", nicknamed the "Simon Bolivar" policy.

Hubbard laid out how Simon Bolivar and his lover and faithful companion Manuela supposedly "failed" in their lives.

Hubbard gives lessons for how Scientology movement followers can improve on Simon Bolivar and Manuela’s lives!

Those improvements were the core of the pernicious principles that the “Guardian’s Office” (1967-1982) employed.

But those principles are still today employed by the Guardian’s Office replacement, called the Office of Special Affairs.

I quote below, from the Hubbard most recent edition, in the "Basics" book collection, from the book entitled: "Introduction to Scientology Ethics”, 2007 edition (proving this policy is still on the books, and a permanent evil the public should KNOW about Scientology).

page 154 “…He [Bolivar] never began to recognize a Suppressive and never considered anyone needed killing except on a battlefield.”

page 159 “…She [Manuela, faithful lover and companion], knew for years Santander had to be killed. She said it or wrote it every few days. Yet never did she promise some young officer a nice night or a handful of gold to do it in a day when dueling was in fashion. “

pages 159-160 “…Her [Manuela’s] mistake was waiting to be asked--to be asked to come to him, to act.”
“… never collected or forged or stole any document to bring down enemies, either through representations to Bolivar or a court circle of her own. And in an area with that low an ethic, that’s fatal.”

page 160 “She had a great deal of money at her disposal. In a land of for-sale Indians she never used a penny to buy a quick knife or even a solid piece of evidence.”

The worst problems in Scientology have always traced right back to Hubbard.

Paulette is right that the movement is going to go on. Us who lived the staff ranks intimately know that it is Hubbard’s voluminous pernicious internal policy that blinds and overwhelms the better instincts of the staff who man the multi-echelons of the movement.

The above is one of the worst still existing publicly issued Hubbard church policies.

The Scientology movement is so internally messed up, they cannot delete Hubbard’s worst church policies.

Hubbard wrote the script for Scientology movement members’ continued controversial and repulsive behavior.

Chuck Beatty
866-XSEAORG

Sindy

Crusader
If out of all these wonderful questions, even the two very best of all could be posed, I would be surprised if even those would be directly answered. I would love to be mistaken here.

An Indie may feel put on the spot here, harassed or harangued by these questions. To that I say, I'm sorry but not only do we, here, deserve the answers to the questions but so does the rest of the world, quite frankly.

Currently I am reading Janet Reitman's, Inside Scientology. I can barely get through a single page without having to stop to close the book and shake my head in complete disgust brought on by the sheer volume of lies that were told by Hubbard and then perpetuated by thousands more.

If Scientology, in its existing form, was allowed to spread and take over the world (as is its aim), this would be an horrific nightmare -- a totalitarian, dystopian wasteland of annihilated hopes, broken dreams and ruined relationships. It would be a devolutionary process for mankind resulting in mindless conformity, insanity, lack of creativity, and enslavement.

So, yes, answers are desired and the questions are warranted.

Last edited:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Considering all the damning evidence of Hubbard being pretty much a social retard, having stolen most of his ideas from a variety of real sources, how the hell can you keep swallowing his drivel?

My only question.

Not.

:p

HelluvaHoax!

If out of all these wonderful questions, if even the two very best of all could be posed, I would be surprised if even those would be directly answered. I would love to be mistaken here.

An Indie may feel put on the spot here, harassed or harangued by these questions. To that I say, I'm sorry but not only do we, here, deserve the answers to the questions but so does the rest of the world, quite frankly.

Currently I am reading Janet Reitman's, Inside Scientology. I can barely get through a single page without having to stop to close the book and shake my head in complete disgust brought on by the sheer volume of lies that were told by Hubbard and then perpetuated by thousands more.

If Scientology, in its existing form, was allowed to spread and take over the world (as is its aim), this would be an horrific nightmare -- a totalitarian, dystopian wasteland of annihilated hopes, broken dreams and ruined relationships. It would be a devolutionary process for mankind resulting in mindless conformity, insanity, lack of creativity, and enslavement.

So, yes, answers are desired and the questions are warranted.

For quite some time, since seeing the Indie movement take form, I have had one burning question. It is sort of mixed in somewhere amongst the others in the first post of this thread.

Essentially it is this:

Asking the Indie what LRH issues, polices and tech they would cancel.

It's the dirty little secret at MartyBlog. For all the good he does (and there is much) he and his followers dare not go near this question.

The site there is rife with innuendo, insinuation, implication and winking when it comes to tiptoeing around Hubbard's clearly anti-social policies or unworkable tech. I am convinced there is not a half-way intelligent Scientologist who doesn't know damn well that there are many "Things that shouldn't be" in Hubbard's work.

It is the forbidden zone for Indies. Because if they directly admit that they wish to CANCEL a word that Ron said, the Pandora's box of chaos and upheaval will ensue.

In much the same hypnotic way that loyal CoS Scientologists do not speak about their "case" or the glaring outguesses they have witnessed/experienced---the Indie Scientologists simply cannot bring themselves to say that any of Ron's tech/policies should be not only quietly canceled, but publicly condemned.

Hey, this is why (in my opinion) there are so many hundreds if not thousands of mentions of the words "integrity" and "courage" in the comments section at MartyBlog. Normal people do not keep having conversations with each other about how brave they are or how stellar their integrity is.

It is compensating for the simple fact that they do not have integrity nor courage when it comes to looking L. Ron Hubbard directly in the eye and saying "hell no!"

Where is the outrage at Hubbard for his crimewave against individuals such as Paulette Cooper? Why are Indies so morbidly silent on clearly (by their definition) Suppressive Acts and High Crimes?

Why do they meekly pretend not to notice that Hubbard was a terrorist and a ruthless thug when he saw someone not obeying his every command?

I do like many Indies personally, but I simply am losing respect for them when I see their passive support of all things Hubbard.

They won't talk about it. Why do you think they are not here? It's not our natter, it's their retreat from reality.

To the precious few Indie Scientologists who read this, what say you?

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

Ok, this is going in the golden quotes thread. :thumbsup:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

Oh goody! This book is on my Xmas gift wish list. You got me intrigued now. Can't wait to read it!

Gadfly

Crusader
Yeah, I agree Hoaxster, this is the KEY point of it all.

It's the dirty little secret at MartyBlog. For all the good he does (and there is much) he and his followers dare not go near this question.

The site there is rife with innuendo, insinuation, implication and winking when it comes to tiptoeing around Hubbard's clearly anti-social policies or unworkable tech. I am convinced there is not a half-way intelligent Scientologist who doesn't know damn well that there are many "Things that shouldn't be" in Hubbard's work.

It is the forbidden zone for Indies. Because if they directly admit that they wish to CANCEL a word that Ron said, the Pandora's box of chaos and upheaval will ensue.

Besides the Pandora's Box being opened, there would result the endless CONFLICT about "which points should go and which point should stay".

Once they start "interpreting" various points outside the context of the full subject of Scientology, all hell would break loose.

I mean, I doubt there are many FZers who agree with the idea of enforced disconnection based on the list of Suppressive Acts. But NOBODY talks about it. I doubt that many agree that Scientology should manufacture false information about people they don't like to shut them up. But NOBODY talks about it. I doubt that many agree with Hubbard's continual behavior where "truth" doesn't matter and only "agreement" is relevant. But NOBODY talks about it.

THE SILENCE ABOUT SUCH THINGS IS DEAFENING!!!!!

In the end, these people DON'T WANT TO LOOK. They would rather remain mired in their little comfortable box of inane ideas.

The key psychosis seems to hinge on the basic Scientology idea that "Ron IS right"! To chip away at the "LRH image" would mean that they didn't have to any longer accept the "word of God from the Highest Authority". I think, in the end, many are like little babies who NEED to have "the truth" set out for them without any need of personal examination or thought. :omg: :yes:

"What do your materials state"?

"What would Ron do"?

"Help Ron clear the planet".

"Ron is your best frend"!

Like Moses receiving the tablets from God and delivering the Ten Commandents to the Hebrews.

Like the notion of "papal infallibility".

These sorts of people NEED some sort of "stable datum" to align EVERYTHING else with or they feel lost and alone. They feel unable to navigate life's randomity and chaos without some over-simplistic, presented-on-a-platter sort of "answer to all". Ron is the SOURCE of those "answers". When it comes to the psychology of "belief", there almost always must be some "book" or "leader" that provides the "doctrine". They NEED some "explanation of the Universe" against which they can align, judge and evaluate all-that-is. Ron gives them THAT.

Last edited:

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
1. Do you think that LRH made any mistakes that he hasn't freely admitted? LRH freely admitted that he had entrusted the wrong people at times. Aside from the mistakes that LRH allowed others to commit, how would you characterize the nature of LRH's mistakes?

2. Many auditors have lost their certs over the years. In fact, most seasoned auditors and C/S's have been retrained at some point. Should their pc's be sought out and informed that they may not have attained some of the states they thought?

3. What is your opinion of the repeated revisions that have occurred regarding the most basic parts of Scientology technology. LRH made numerous claims that a certain process worked 100% of the time, e.g. OpProbyDup to fully exterior, full perception, One Shot clear, Book One Dianetics Clears, PTS 10 Aug curing all sickness, Touch Assists. The expected result of those processes have been watered down since the initial release. Have you noticed a repeated pattern of CLAIMS that don't match RESULTS?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
To me the issue with scamology and people who wtill prepetrate it's abuses
is all about beleifs

what they have been endoctrinated to beleive

The roots leading to abuses are deeply implanted within the beleifs system :confused2:

lotus, I do agree with you in that most harmful acts committed by any humans anywhere are due to their beliefs. But If we attempt to police peoples beliefs we'll end up creating problems even worse than the ones we're trying to solve.

If we are to have a free society I'd say the ultimate solution is to educate people about cults and the methods they use to entrap people and implant crazy beliefs by way of various indoctrination and mind control techniques.

If we educate people than not only will we inoculate people from scientology but thousands of other religious, political, and other cults as well.

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
I am new to this website, but I was told that some of its members are Freezoners. Perhaps, they could answer at least some of the questions posted at this thread.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Absolutely valid questions I would appreciate seeing answered also. I've tried this in a similar vein some few times in the past without clearly stated objectives or beliefs being addressed regarding Hublard/$ci/Policies.

I applaud you Hoax for starting this thread but seriously doubt any of the previously posted questions will garner attention, much less answers. People who still believe in the $cio philosophy and tek are still culties at heart and any comparative discussion is beyond them until they have had enough of $cio (Then we have another EX-$cio).

HelluvaHoax!

Yeah, I agree Hoaxster, this is the KEY point of it all.

Besides the Pandora's Box being opened, there would result the endless CONFLICT about "which points should go and which point should stay".

Once they start "interpreting" various points outside the context of the full subject of Scientology, all hell would break loose.

I mean, I doubt there are many FZers who agree with the idea of enforced disconnection based on the list of Suppressive Acts. But NOBODY talks about it. I doubt that many agree that Scientology should manufacture false infoirmation about people they don't like to shut them up. But NOBODY talks about it. I doubt that many agree with Hubbard's continual behavior where "truth" doesn't matter and only "agreement" is relevant. But NOBODY talks about it.

THE SILENCE ABOUT SUCH THINGS IS DEAFENING!!!!!

In the end, these people DON'T WANT TO LOOK. They would rather remain mired in their little comfortable box of inane ideas.

The key psychosis seems to hinge on the basic Scientology idea that "Ron IS right"! To chip away at the "LRH image" would mean that they didn't have to any longer accept the "word of God from the Highest Authority". I think, in the end, many are like little babies who NEED to have "the truth" set out for them without any need of personal examination or thought. :omg: :yes:

"What do your materials state"?

"What would Ron do"?

"Help Ron clear the planet".

"Ron is your best frend"!

Like Moses receiving the tablets from God and delivering the Ten Commandents to the Hebrews.

Like the notion of "papal infallibility".

These sorts of people NEED some sort of "stable datum" to align EVERYTHING else with or they feel lost and alone. They feel unable to navigate life's randomity and chaos without some over-simplistic, presented-on-a-platter sort of "answer to all". Ron is the SOURCE of those "answers". When it comes to the psychology of "belief", there almost always must be some "book" or "leader" that provides the "doctrine". They NEED some "explanation of the Universe" against which they can align, judge and evaluate all-that-is. Ron gives them THAT.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

That post uncannily captures the insecurely childish mindset of an indoctrinated Scientologist.

They run about indignantly lecturing others and chanting Hubbard quotes with great certitude. A Scientologist with tech is like a bike with training wheels. Both can furiously be peddled/pedalled without worry.

Behind the authoritatively rigid mindset (aka 'holding their position') is a rather unsure individual.

Behind the feigned 'knowing how to know' it ain't pretty. Uh-Oh. I feel a rant coming on. LOL

EX SCIENTOLOGIST
So what do you know?

INDIE SCIENTOLOGIST
I know that you are low toned natterer and hater
and source of entheta. And I know what Ron says
that theta should always cut an entheta line.

EX SCIENTOLOGIST
Did you also know that in today's blog, Marty
says Indies should stop calling Ex's natterers
and haters--and start using ARC to handle them?

INDIE SCIENTOLOGIST
I didn't know.

EX SCIENTOLOGIST
Interesting predicament. Ron says to disconnect from
me but Marty has changed his mind and says not
to disconnect from me. So now what does your
knowingness tell you to do?

INDIE SCIENTOLOGIST
My knowingness is to remain dauntless and defiant
while having integrity and insouciance, but keeping
the spirit of play for the greatest good.

EX SCIENTOLOGIST
That sounds like you are are freewheeling bumper
sticker jingles there. Are you okay?

INDIE SCIENTOLOGIST
Well, actually I am a bit shaken by this new
scriptural revelation. I am so used to calling you
a low-toned, hating natterer and gloating
all over you in a condescending way--the same
way I contempuously regard those degraded wogs.

EX SCIENTOLOGIST
It's not so bad talking to Ex-Scientologists then, is it?

INDIE SCIENTOLOGIST
...well no, this is really wonderful! It's so theta!
I love the fact that I can talk to you again Mom!

EX SCIENTOLOGIST
And you will take your mom's phone calls now...
even though I post on ESMB?

INDIE SCIENTOLOGIST
Oh God yes! I always had knowingness that
that disconnection thing was crazy. This totally
indicates. Wow, I just cognited that I should
not have disconnected from you mom, because
Ron canceled the disconnection policy!

EX SCIENTOLOGIST
So really, Marty is just putting in KSW then and
doing what Ron said, right?

INDIE SCIENTOLGIST
Exactly! Wow you are so theta. I love you mom!
This so totally indicates!

EX SCIENTOLOGIST
Dear, today is the 1st of April. It's April Fools day
honey. I was just kidding about all that stuff.
Marty didn't say that today in his blog. He
actually said it's out KSW for an Indie to be in
com with an Ex.

INDIE SCIENTOLOGIST
OMG! That so totally indicates.

EX SCIENTOLOGIST
Again? You just said it totally indicates
the opposite way. How come whatever
Ron or Dave or Marty says to a Scientologist
'totally indicates' to them? Isn't that kind of
a brainwashed, weak cult mentality?

INDIE SCIENTOLOGIST
I don't have to listen to your enthteta. You
are a low-toned natterer and as an Independent
I am now going to exercise my independence
and cut this entheta line.

EX SCIENTOLOGIST
I'd like to indicate that you are going to
disconnect from your mom again.

INDIE SCIENTOLOGIST
I don't need your damn suppressive indications, mom,
I'm an Indie Scientologist--I can think for myself!

Last edited: