What's new

The Original Saint Hill

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I arrived to do my first SHSBC there were only 8 people on staff.

LRH, MSH, Herbie Parkhouse, Course Sup, Brian Pope, Course Sup, Robin Handcock, Franchise Officer. Mary Long, Registrar - there was one other Course Sup who's name I have forgotten.

There were approx 90 students.

The curriculum was 9.00 to 12.00 morning Co- Audit, 12.00 to 1.00 lunch.....1.00 to 3.00 co-audit. 3.00 to 5.30 study, practice....5.30 to 7.00 dinner. 7.00 to 10.00 study or LRH lecture. Monday to Friday.

There were 5 levels of training and co-processing.....the highest level was the Z Unit.....it was at this level that the GPM Tech was co-audited.

It was almost the same curriculum when I did the second SHSBC.

Ethics was not a subject.....F/N's were ignored - each level was taken to ability to apply. Students were processed on their OWN Goals. There was no HGC.

If you did a Gross Auditing Error you retrained the level.

It was an incredibly safe environment.

Scio was evolving gradiently, no one had to give up their life or go heavily in debt to do Scio.

Things started to go strange earlier Technically with the implant goals material. Also slowly the students were no longer being processed on their own goals but what LRH had decided was there.

The madness did not appear until late 1964 Organizationally, when Ron began to impliment the Galactic Org Board Material.

Obviously LRH and Scio began to dramatize "being stuck in past incidents."

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Alan,

Were you around at the time little Davey was on course?

Did you know his parents at all?

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Do you remember these two people from there? (I dont know if they were staff or public and I have no idea how many people you may have seen go through there) Mary Shelley and John Mustard. Curious.

John Mustard paid for his BC when he was up in Greenland and he owned a soda machine that he used to put beer in and people bought it. He paid for his entire BC with beer money. Cool. LOL.

Peace. ;)

Their names are somewhat familiar, but I can't place them.

There was a Roz Mustard at Washington, DC. Org.

Alan

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Alan,

Were you around at the time little Davey was on course?

Did you know his parents at all?

No....to first question, but I do known someone who was.

Knew his dad quite well.

Knew his wife and her family very well......they started in my Dallas, Center.

Shelley and her sister were just toddlers....used to look after them while their mom and dad were on course. :)

Alan

Romuva

Patron Meritorious
Alan ,I want to bump this thread up.My thread has been up there too long.
sorry about that.I figured somebody would respond on yours or another.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Do you remember these two people from there? (I dont know if they were staff or public and I have no idea how many people you may have seen go through there) Mary Shelley and John Mustard. Curious.

John Mustard paid for his BC when he was up in Greenland and he owned a soda machine that he used to put beer in and people bought it. He paid for his entire BC with beer money. Cool. LOL.

John Mustard was staff at Bridge in the 80s. He married Caroline Charbonneau, who was a long time Int exec. (She was MEI at one time, among other things.)

He got RPFed at some point and got off the RPF during that amnesty when CC Int went St. Hill Size. He would up at the Manor with the rest of the RPF.

I seem to recall that I knew some other things about what occurred with him, but I can't remember right now. (I had a very long day at work....)

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
Alan wrote: "Things started to go strange earlier Technically with the implant goals material. Also slowly the students were no longer being processed on their own goals but what LRH had decided was there."

It would have been better to let us run our own goals instead of the Bridge. The Bridge is such Dev-T. Why do you think people have such great wins with Life Repair? Because they are handling what they want to handle. The pc is originating and handling his own unwanted conditions, not someone else's or someone else's ideas of what they are.

The Bridge is based on someone else's evaluation that might or might not be correct. I am not saying there was no Xenu or no implanting, and I like to know about those things, but I object to someone telling me those are my items. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't and I'm not going to spend
$6k to find out. Why, with that money I could get my whole case handled somewhere else with the Tech of Ron's that was real, before 1964. And without using an e-meter.

Just as Freud introduced some Tech into the field, so did Ron build on Freud's tech and so did others build on Ron's technical innovations. Anyone who says the Bridge is the final tech and that Ron is the final word on Tech is stopping progress. There is a standard tech of delivery of any tech, but there is no "Standard Tech".

I'm not saying the Bridge is 100% ineffective: Would you rather take the tugboat or the hydrofoil across the Channel? The tugboat will probably get you there, I don't know because I'm not taking the tugboat :)

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Researching with LRH

Few know or have any concept of how much of the research was carried out.

In 1962-63-64, there was a unit on the original SHSBC that did much of the basic research; it was the Z unit.

Ron would work most of the night on the many hats he wore. But in those early days most of his attention was on Tech research.

Once you were in the Z unit, which was a co-audit of mainly pure new tech.

Before the start of session you would look at the door of the chapel to see if there was something new to run on your pc???no matter what your pc was running the session before?..you would run the new rundown.

Pinned to the door would be a hand written LRH bulletin; which you would copy verbatim and run on your pc.

You were expected to make the tech work, any additions, changes or suspected changes needed you had to include on your worksheets and if important you would write a note and include it in your folder as you did the R/D. (If any major discoveries those would be highlighted.)

LRH would the C/S all the sessions that night, with further additions or deletions.

It was quite a skill to read, and run a new rundown and produce results in a session.

Many of the R/D?s lasted one or two days??it would depend on the casualty rate on the pc?s and more importantly could the auditors handle it - as too whether the R/D would become part of standard tech.

The workable R/D?s would evolve into usable procedures by these methods.

Some R/D?s would blow the pc up-the-pole and some would bury the pc, some would make the pc better.

It was an exciting adventurous period.

This was long before F/N everything which only came into existence on the Original Class VIII course in Oct, 1968.

There are several vitally important tapes and bulletins from this period that have been omitted from any of the checksheets and Tech Vols.

Alan

Rawl

Patron
Alan, I would love to meet you

how might we do that?

I understand you run some kind of alternative group?

What does it take to visit?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Alan,

I have never understood how the Miscavige family got in so tight with LRH. How did that happen and why was DM groomed for power and not his Dad? I once saw a video with his Dad in it...in an SO officer's uniform.

Can you shed any light on this?

Div6

Crusader
Researching with LRH

Few know or have any concept of how much of the research was carried out.

There are several vitally important tapes and bulletins from this period that have been omitted from any of the checksheets and Tech Vols.

Alan

Such as? I appreciate your flair for drama. but please don't leave us hanging here...