What's new

Michael Fairman Lawsuit Against Chiropractor

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
From TMZ earlier today:
http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/04/michael-fairman-scientology-lawsuit/#.TtvWxbLtXRk

Young and the Restless" star Michael Fairman has filed a lawsuit against a Scientologist chiropractor -- claiming she refused to see him and his family after he was excommunicated from the Church.

Fairman claims he was a prominent member of the Church, but became disenchanted with the way Church was running things. Fairman claims Church leaders got fed up with him earlier this year, branded him and his wife "suppressive persons" and blacklisted the family from all things Scientology.

After Fairman was ousted, the actor claims he received a letter from the family chiropractor -- an active Scientologist -- informing him she would no longer treat the Fairman family. Fairman also claims she refused to hand over a copy of the family's medical records.

In the lawsuit, Fairman claims he MUST have been discriminated against because he's no longer with the Church -- noting that he's been a good, paying customer since 2003.

freethinker

Sponsor
Wouldn't it be interesting if this lawsuit somehow became serious damage legally to the church.

Stranger things have happened.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
yessss. Delicious.
There's gotta be many more of these occurances.
Good on you, Michael.
Let us know how we can help you.

challenge

It is high time this "CHURCH" interference in relationships, business, medical, family is confronted.

Michael and I received our *disconnect* letters on the same day.
Same text, same everything.

Our Dermatologist Lisa Benest OT VII of Burbank, out of the blue sky was ordered by OSA to terminate us as patients.

Because I am healthy as a horse (still running 3 miles a day !) and rarely if ever need to see a General Practitioner, I used Lisa (for some 12 years) as my GENERAL MD if I needed to ~~ say when my African Grey bit me ! LOL Here is Da Vinci known to bite every now and again.

da_vinci-0011.jpg

Now how in the world did OSA KNOW that Michael Fairman and I were Lisa's patients ? Did Lisa share private medical files with Office of Special Affairs ?

Not content with having my one and only child disconnect from me, they wanted my Doctor to disconnect from me...... (I did post this letter previously, but it is relevant to the Law suit and the thread )

Here's the letter Michael and I received.

LBDisconnect.jpg

FoTi

Crusader
Don't you know??.........Ex-Scientologists have cooties that might infect the other patients in the doctor's office. It's not safe to have them in the area. If the cooties end up coming into contact with anyone at the doctor's office, the contamination might just spread to these people and their families, resulting in all those people becoming ex-Scientologists as well. Ex-Scientologists can be very contageous, very dangerous and must be avoided at all costs. They have extreme powers to lure you away from all that freedom you have in the Cos to restrict your thinking to match that of LRH or DM and the freedom to give all of your money and your kids to the CoS.....and to sacrifice your life to the aims and dreams of LRH and DM. Do not communicate with an ex-Scientologist......especially one who has been given an SP declare on gold paper.....if you do, all the brainwashing that the CoS has done on you just might start to unravel. :scared: :hide: :nervous:

FlagEmDown

Patron
It is high time this "CHURCH" interference in relationships, business, medical, family is confronted.

Considering that 2 of the show's biggest names are Co$ members, I wonder if the CBS network will be pressured into letting this lawsuit interfere with Michael's employment (business) on the Young & the Restless?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Considering that 2 of the show's biggest names are Co$ members, I wonder if the CBS network will be pressured into letting this lawsuit interfere with Michael's employment (business) on the Young & the Restless?

If the cult pulls that stunt off I imagine it will result in a nuclear-tipped Foot-Bullet! :coolwink:

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi Karen:

I know exactly how Michael Fairman and you feel because David Nunez from Farmer's Insurance was our agent for almost 20 years, suddenly one day we receive a letter from him informing us he would no longer be giving us services and recommended another agent about 80 miles from our home.

Nice agent? right? I wonder how the Church of Scientology found out and ordered him to stop selling Farmer's insurance to us.

And we had the same problem with Art Moore who was our accountant, then on the very day my husband had an appointment to do his taxes, Art made him come all the way to Burbank just to inform him he was no longer going to prepare the taxes for us. And this was only few days before the dead line. He lead us to believe that we had nothing to worry and he was going to take care of us. But no...instead,

He was mean spirited by doing this he put us in the spot as we had to find another accountant in a hurry. All of course by the orders of the Church of Scientology.

Arthur T Moore Tax Preparation
211 W Alameda Ave # 202, Burbank, CA 91502-3026, United States
+1 818-845-1964 () ‎

Our Dermatologist Lisa Benest OT VII of Burbank, out of the blue sky was ordered by OSA to terminate us as patients.

Because I am healthy as a horse (still running 3 miles a day !) and rarely if ever need to see a General Practitioner, I used Lisa (for some 12 years) as my GENERAL MD if I needed to ~~ say when my African Grey bit me ! LOL Here is Da Vinci known to bite every now and again.

[

Challenge

Hi Karen:

I know exactly how Michael Fairman and you feel because David Nunez from Farmer's Insurance was our agent for almost 20 years, suddenly one day we receive a letter from him informing us he would no longer be giving us services and recommended another agent about 80 miles from our home.

Nice agent? right? I wonder how the Church of Scientology found out and ordered him to stop selling Farmer's insurance to us.

And we had the same problem with Art Moore who was our accountant, then on the very day my husband had an appointment to do his taxes, Art made him come all the way to Burbank just to inform him he was no longer going to prepare the taxes for us. And this was only few days before the dead line. He lead us to believe that we had nothing to worry and he was going to take care of us. But no...instead,

He was mean spirited by doing this he put us in the spot as we had to find another accountant in a hurry. All of course by the orders of the Church of Scientology.

+1 818-845-1964 () ‎

[

The problem that I see with this is that nowhere in the letter does it mention COS, or anything at all proving a cos connection.
These providers can merely say that they have other patients more needy than you, or whatever acceptable lie they can cook up.
Still, if a significant number of people come up with the same story of discrimination, a pattern will be established and the shit will hit the fan.
DM is prolly already in psychotic mode.

challenge

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
yessss. Delicious.
There's gotta be many more of these occurrences.
Good on you, Michael.
Let us know how we can help you.

I had my FSM Tell me he wouldn't hire me because
I was a declared SP. I told him: "**I** am not going to sue you for
what you just said, but be careful......that IS discrimination and that
IS against the law".

Also, after I escaped out, I was in Clearwater and went into a restaurant.
The owner was a Scientologist, and "Refused to serve me". I said: :bs:
"For you to not serve me, because I changed my mind about Scientology
IS discrimination. Call the damn cops if you want". She served me.

The waiters all cracked up, gave me high fives and said "Right on".

However in one of the main Scientology stores, they also refused
to sell me a headset in Clearwater. So I got a bunch of critics, we all
stood outside the Theater. Once it let out (a few minutes after this),
Tons of local Clearwater people (many in high places) came out, and
we told them of this sick behavior.

They ALL agreed that was not OK, and they would not shop there
because of that. Way to go, Scientology!

Michael: Excellent. Yes, more of this does need to happen.
Sunshine disinfects :thumbsup:

Love to ALL :biggrin:

Tory/Magoo

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
The problem that I see with this is that nowhere in the letter does it mention COS, or anything at all proving a cos connection.
These providers can merely say that they have other patients more needy than you, or whatever acceptable lie they can cook up.
Still, if a significant number of people come up with the same story of discrimination, a pattern will be established and the shit will hit the fan.
DM is prolly already in psychotic mode.

Dear Challenge,

I can shed a little more light here. The Law firm that took this on (as released by TMZ) did a lot of good homework and due diligence. They are VERY experienced in Business Litigation. I would say they are BRUTAL at business litigaton.

This was not happenstance or "weak" case in terms of Church and OSA interference. Combined with the hate websites on Michael Fairman and myself posted along with Doctor termination and a host of other factors.......as they Aussies say "no worries."

Do not think it does not prove a Church connection !

Lisa Benest is actually a wonderful human being. Too bad she is drinking the Kool aid. Heck, I understand. I was there too.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Karen:

+1 818-845-1964 () ‎ [

Thanks Diana !

If Ok with you, I would like to forward this information on.......to show the continuing pattern ! Writing to you via Email as well.

US Law is VERY VERY big on discrimination particularly color, religion, sexual orientation and disability.

Discrimination is Discrimination and we can call it like it is.

Sindy

Crusader
Our accountant refused to do our taxes. We had to scramble, at the very last minute, to get them done.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Our accountant refused to do our taxes. We had to scramble, at the very last minute, to get them done.

That rings the bell. Our last accountant refused to do our close friends taxes too, after they were declared, never mind both of them are OTs, huge contributors, one of them audited more staff up the bridge then anyone here in Cincinnati and is original Class VIII (and a true sweet heart who really cares about people's well-being, Scio or otherwise and expects nothing in return). I really doubt that accountant wants to help us this time, since we are declared too. Thank God for wog accountants. IRS, are you there?

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had my FSM Tell me he wouldn't hire me because
I was a declared SP. I told him: "**I** am not going to sue you for
what you just said, but be careful......that IS discrimination and that
IS against the law".

Also, after I escaped out, I was in Clearwater and went into a restaurant.
The owner was a Scientologist, and "Refused to serve me". I said: :bs:
"For you to not serve me, because I changed my mind about Scientology
IS discrimination. Call the damn cops if you want". She served me.

The waiters all cracked up, gave me high fives and said "Right on".

However in one of the main Scientology stores, they also refused
to sell me a headset in Clearwater. So I got a bunch of critics, we all
stood outside the Theater. Once it let out (a few minutes after this),
Tons of local Clearwater people (many in high places) came out, and
we told them of this sick behavior.

They ALL agreed that was not OK, and they would not shop there
because of that. Way to go, Scientology!

Michael: Excellent. Yes, more of this does need to happen.
Sunshine disinfects :thumbsup:

Love to ALL :biggrin:

Tory/Magoo

Nice, Tory! Sunshine disinfects, indeed. :)

Veda

Sponsor
Sunshine does disinfect. :)

Some background:

Handle or disconnect has been part of the Scientology Philosophy since 1951, and Policy since 1965. A display of "cancelling" Disconnection was made in 1968, after a PR flap, along with cancelling Fair Game, but neither was actually discontinued.

During the early 1980s, as a result of the combined effects of L. Ron Hubbard's confidential spying and covert attack tech and programs having been revealed by federal court order in 1979, and having slowly seeped into the consciousness of some Scientologists, some Scientologists had questions. But who to ask?

Unbeknownst to the general membership who thought their guru was an able-to-confront-anything "Clear OT," Hubbard was hiding out from subpoena servers, of whom he was terrified, and his primary concern was money for protection, and to fulfill - to quote David Mayo, quoting Hubbard speaking of himself - "an insatiable lust for power and money."

The third priority was Hubbard's envisioned monuments-to-himself building projects.

In this confusion, the Mission holders met, talked, and asked questions. Many still believed the CofS PR line that "Ron didn't know," and aggressively asked questions regarding the source of the abuses and criminality, never realizing that Hubbard would, and rightfully so, perceive this as an attack on him, since he was the source of the abuses and criminality.

One thing led to another, and Hubbard's looting of the Missions (which had actually began, selectively, years earlier) moved into high gear, and the mass looting of Scientologists by their founder, and his number one henchman David Miscavige, began.

The end result of this was the schism of 1982, and in that confusion, with so many SP Declares being issued, there were queries "up lines" about who can be connected to whom. In response, was an issue written by Robert Vaughn Young (still in), at the order of David Miscavige. It re-affirmed the already existing practice of Disconnection. Much is made of this by Independent Scientologists who, amazingly, still parrot the old CofS PR line that both Disconnection (of SPs) and Fair Game (of SPs) were "canceled" in 1968.

Yet anyone who was around at the time (the 1970s), and informed, knew better, and if one reads the HCOPL 23 December 1965, although later revised, deleting any use of the word "Fair Game," he or she will will see that it continued to affirm the practice and policy of Disconnection. And unlike the faux announcements of the cancellation of Fair Game and Disconnection, the Ethics PL of 23 December 1965 was very real, and very much applied all through the rest of the 1960s and through the 1970s, although, in the wake of the 1968 PR flap, usually more discreetly.

From HCOPL, 23 December 1965, 'Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists':

"Suppressive acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce, or impede Scientology or Scientologists.

"[Such suppressive acts include] public disavowal of Scientology... public statements against Scientology.

"[Suppressive acts also include] continued membership in a divergent group; continued adherence to a Suppressive Person or group pronounced a Suppressive Person or group by HCO; failure to handle or disavow or disconnect from a person demonstrably guilty of suppressive acts; being at the hire of anti-Scientology groups or persons..."

Good luck to Michael Fairman on his discrimination lawsuit.

Last edited:

Reasonable

Lisa Benest is actually a wonderful human being. Too bad she is drinking the Kool aid. Heck, I understand. I was there too.

How can you say she is a wonderful human being? I suppose underneath it all we are all "wonderful" but she is discriminating on the basis of religion. That is pretty bad."

You say she is Wonderful???" really.... I think she can be described as tolerable, excusable, OK, common, average, run of the mill, not a monster. Or maybe a person who will go out on a limb for you when she has nothing at stake...

But "wonderful"???? really?

She has weak moral character, maybe she was never tested before.
Maybe she is potentially wonderful but not wonderful now.

Stupid is as stupid does and Wonderful is as Wonderful does.