What's new

Michael Fairman Lawsuit Against Chiropractor

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Please sue please sue please sue!!!

Please sue.....This can be such a big publicity case. It can prove disconnection. I'd love to see what Anderson Cooper has to say about this.

Also, did you know that EACH VIOLATION OF PRIVACY LAW CAN BE UP TO A $250,000 FINE.

If they told the church that you are a patient that is a breech of the HIPPA laws (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act )

Also the fact that you got the same letter shows that they were put up to it.

I know I am not saying anything new I am just very excited because I was waiting for something like this to happen.

dianaclass8

Thanks Diana !

If Ok with you, I would like to forward this information on.......to show the continuing pattern ! Writing to you via Email as well.

US Law is VERY VERY big on discrimination particularly color, religion, sexual orientation and disability.

Discrimination is Discrimination and we can call it like it is.

Yes, please show this info to whoever! If I could be of help of Michael Fairman on this and to you too!

I wish that everybody here on ESMB come out and tell same stories of discrimination from these unprofessional characters like David Nunez from Farmer's insurance or Art Moore accountant from Burbank.

Art Moore was even laughing at us when he dropped us as clients and we had to find another accountant at the last minute.

I felt exactly like Michael Fairman, I asked my husband: is there any way we could bring these people to justice? But how?

Here it is the name and address of David Nunez who also discriminated us and stoped selling us insurance on the basis of religion.

David Nunez
Nunez Ins Agy Inc

dnunez.jpg

Share Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Street Address:
3400 W Victory Blvd
Burbank, CA 91505
Driving Directions
Office Hours:
M-F: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Sat: 10:00 am to 5:30 pm
After Hours by Appt.
Phone/Fax :
Toll Free: (866) 235-8156
Office: (818) 558-3315
Fax: (818) 558-6350
Languages we Speak:
English, Spanish

Hey Diana Cl8 - why not give Michael's lawyers a call and see if you have a case against Moore and Nunez? You haven't been declared that long have you? If the statute of limitations hasn't run out, they are "fair game". They need to get the news that they and the Church are not above the law.

Mimsey

dianaclass8

Hey Diana Cl8 - why not give Michael's lawyers a call and see if you have a case against Moore and Nunez? You haven't been declared that long have you? If the statute of limitations hasn't run out, they are "fair game". They need to get the news that they and the Church are not above the law.

Mimsey

I don't know if it is illegal for them to drop me as a client. I think it is more like a moral issue. And they have no morals or personal integrity.

What can one do with those characters but put their names on ESMB as a reference for potential clients. At the end of the day they are just poor devils who are servile to a psychopath like David Miscavige.

I don't know if it is illegal for them to drop me as a client.
So make a phone call and find out. It shouldn't cost anything to chat with them and find out if you have a case or not. I can understand, it may not be worth the effort.

I guess in Michaels case it is, he has an ax to grind with the church, and they (the church) have stepped over the line telling various businesses to shun him. The businesses, likewise stepped over the line. And the church has libeled and slandered him as well. No, they deserve a lawsuit.

See Diana, we have a new definition of SP for the Church to incorporate into it's scripture: An SP is a person who, by their actions, reminds the Church of Scientology and it's parishioners, they are not above the law.

Mimsey

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
My question is - Why would anyone WANT to go back to a doctor or professional who behaved like that, and/or is a scno? I could never trust that person again, as long as they were a scno and remained in, practicing disconnection. Look what a so-called 'health professional' has put first - NOT the client/patient. That tells me all I need to know about that person's ethics and business practices, and I would not want that person anywhere near my health/body/person/family/children.

I consider it 'malpractice' and would report it to the proper regulatory agencies.

AND - I would sue the f'g pants off anyone who discriminated against me in such an unethical manner.

Good on you, Michael Fairman - take 'em to the cleaners, shout it long and loud, from the rooftops. And THANK YOU ! :thumbsup:

dianaclass8

I was declared 10 years after I left the CofS. I think that at least for me, rather than suing them it is very effective too to put their names here on ESMB because sooner or later you google those names and these postings come up and people can read them and find out who they are.

Mimsey

dianaclass8

Lurker, not that anyone wants to go back to them. It is their action that at first is surprising and upsetting.

I think that Michael Fairman is doing the right thing because David Miscavige is taking his Church back to the Nazi era when they discriminated against the Jewish.

I just hope that ALL of those who have been discriminated or have experienced 'fair game' step up and put the names and information for the world to see.

My question is - Why would anyone WANT to go back to a doctor or professional who behaved like that, and/or is a scno?

I could never trust that person again, as long as they were a scno and remained in, practicing disconnection.

Look what a so-called 'health professional' has put first - NOT the client/patient.

That tells me all I need to know about that person's ethics and business practices, and I would not want that person anywhere near my health/body/person/family/children.

I consider it 'malpractice' and would report it to the proper regulatory agencies.

AND - I would sue the f'g pants off anyone who discriminated against me in such an unethical manner.

Good on you, Michael Fairman - take 'em to the cleaners, shout it long and loud, from the rooftops. And THANK YOU ! :thumbsup:

Challenge

So make a phone call and find out. It shouldn't cost anything to chat with them and find out if you have a case or not. I can understand, it may not be worth the effort.

I guess in Michaels case it is, he has an ax to grind with the church, and they (the church) have stepped over the line telling various businesses to shun him. The businesses, likewise stepped over the line. And the church has libeled and slandered him as well. No, they deserve a lawsuit.

See Diana, we have a new definition of SP for the Church to incorporate into it's scripture: An SP is a person who, by their actions, reminds the Church of Scientology and it's parishioners, they are not above the law.

Mimsey

From the looks of it, it is the same 'op' that they ran on Larry Wollersheim. He sued and won millions of $$$.
His case could set a precedent for Michael's and any one else who has had the same done to them.
I think that this is one that they would want to settle outside the Court system. They haven't the wherewithal to mount another "Religious Freedumb Crusade".

Challenge

Challenge

I was declared 10 years after I left the CofS. I think that at least for me, rather than suing them it is very effective too to put their names here on ESMB because sooner or later you google those names and these postings come up and people can read them and find out who they are.

Putting names up on ESMB is great, if that's what you can confront.
Taking action, as Michael is doing, is much more valuable, in my opinion.

The sooner the COS folds it's wings and vanishes in shame, the sooner you people who are still practicing will be able to do so without the fear of Copyright suits, Fair Game, and all their shit. Isn't that what you want? Is it?

challenge

Challenge

Lurker, not that anyone wants to go back to them. It is their action that at first is surprising and upsetting.

I think that Michael Fairman is doing the right thing because David Miscavige is taking his Church back to the Nazi era when they discriminated against the Jewish.

I just hope that ALL of those who have been discriminated or have experienced 'fair game' step up and put the names and information for the world to see.

I hope so, too.
But that's not gonna do much to end the abuse. I say "sue the bastards".
" Not one thin dime for Wollersheim"...see how that worked out for them?

The only thing cos understands is money.

We've been putting names up since 1994, and that's great and all, but not as great as hitting them in the wallet.

As for me, I have not much interest in what the world sees. My interest is stopping Disconnection, Fair Game, failures to deliver what's promised, and a long list of other low integrity pursuits. I just don't see posting names on Boards as being very effective in combatting those things.

My 2c

challenge

The sooner the COS folds it's wings and vanishes in shame, the sooner you people who are still practicing will be able to do so without the fear of Copyright suits, Fair Game, and all their shit. Isn't that what you want? Is it?

challenge

Without responding for Diana:

I can't think of anything, that I would rather not do, than get in a lawsuit with anyone.

Talk is cheap, but lawsuits burn up more time and emotion than I want to trash

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
The only thing cos understands is money.

challenge

hence MY definition of Hubbard's suppresive person is:

SP is anyone whose activities interfere with the continued extraction of money from rubes..

Rube: "an unsophisticated countryman" (one who may be fooled by contrivance)

British Parliament, 1968:
Mr. St. John-Stevas: Since the right Hon. Gentleman has reflected on the subject and is noted for his academic brilliance, would he say in one brief, concise sentence, exactly what Scientology is?

Mr. Crossman: Yes, I think I could: it is a fraud.

Tip for Mr Fairman: During discovery find out what information this chiropractor gave to scientology, then take violations you find to the Feds for criminal charges for violation of HIPA Doctor/Client confidentiality legislation...

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

I am sure Larry B could express this far better than I can but I have to give it a try.

This is a very significant lawsuit because it is not based on the Church of Scientology. But merely upon the actions of a chiropractor. It does not matter what justification the chiro may feel it is thin ice to skate on to use religion as the basis for refusing service.

But there again - with Scientology and the total crap of chiropractic I doubt this person can see common sense if he tried. Maybe he should become a homepath and he can get the full trifecta of inane cultism.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
But there again - with Scientology and the total crap of chiropractic I doubt this person can see common sense if he tried. Maybe he should become a homepath and he can get the full trifecta of inane cultism.

On the chiropractor's website she says:
The theory of glandular therapy is "Like cures like."​
The only subject in which I have come across that phrase is Classical Homeopathy.

:pixiedust: Shazam, Mick. Your wish is granted.

Paul

Reasonable

My question is - Why would anyone WANT to go back to a doctor or professional who behaved like that, and/or is a scno?

I doubt he wants to go back there. It is like if you get fired unlawfully, you get financial restitution but you don't want your job back.

Also in the case of doctors giving private health information to the church (just the fact that letting them know who is a client is private information) the doctor needs to be accountable.

dianaclass8

It is not that I cannot confront or not.

All I can say is, that I am satisfied with this and that is all.

I travel a lot and I don't want to lose my freedom over some Kool Aid drinkers.

We moved on and we now have an ethical accountant and an ethical insurance agent.

In the meantime, they continue being who they are: poor devils controlled by the Church. No court can fix that.

challenge

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
How can you say she is a wonderful human being? I suppose underneath it all we are all "wonderful" but she is discriminating on the basis of religion. That is pretty bad."

You say she is Wonderful???" really.... I think she can be described as tolerable, excusable, OK, common, average, run of the mill, not a monster. Or maybe a person who will go out on a limb for you when she has nothing at stake...

But "wonderful"???? really?

She has weak moral character, maybe she was never tested before.
Maybe she is potentially wonderful but not wonderful now.

Stupid is as stupid does and Wonderful is as Wonderful does.

Reasonable ~~

I have 12 years of friendship and time track with Lisa and know her performance as a a human being.

Just because she has been used and twisted for Church purposes this time, does not mean that I cannot evaluate how I see her character overall.

I will not nail someone for a one time screw up no matter how bad.
I think few of us on this board have in our lifetime NEVER EVER screwed up royally.

Does that then erase any of her goodness which I have seen and experienced for the previous 12 years ?

Last edited:

Reasonable

I love this thread

I love this thread because it is so proveable and so undeniably wrong and can cause so much potential headway for all the right reasons.

I hope Michael does not settle (I doubt he needs or is in it for the money) and gets a jury trial and makes this whole thing a huge public spectacle.

I found this on Marty’s blog and I edited it down.

John P writes.

According to the filing:

All of the charges against the chiropractor’s practice involve chiropractor by name

Also there are 15 un-named persons not accounted for in the causes of action in the initial complaint.

It seems clear that the depositions taken of the chiropractor's employees and the examination of e-mail records and phone records provided in response to subpoenas are aimed at identifying and getting depositions under oath from the individuals at the Church of Scientology who ordered the disconnection of the Fairmans.

Those people will probably then be added to the suit

This suit will expose in sworn testimony and physical evidence that the Church still practices disconnection, a direct contradiction to DM’s (and Tommy Davis’s and Karin Pouw’s) solemn denials that they don’t.

When disconnection is proven, essentially all the stories about former Scientologists that claim disconnection become vastly more credible in all respects because the existence of disconnection becomes a proven fact,

it is pretty clear there isnt much wiggle room for the chiro. It’s not a winnable case.

A similar case here in Florida is a pediatrician who had cared for a child since he was born sent the same sort of message to the childs mother once she was declared.
It may even be a worse violation to not only discriminate based on religious beliefs but also discriminate against a child based on their parents beliefs!